Prototype Boba Fett Hikari (Artist Piece?)

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
MagisterLudi

Prototype Boba Fett Hikari (Artist Piece?)

Postby MagisterLudi » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:40 pm

Hello all!

I did some searching on this topic but I didn't find that much information on an official word from Funko on Artist Pieces.

I won a Prototype Boba Fett Hikari through an eBay auction. I was very excited to receive it in the mail today and was looking forward to seeing what # piece I had obtained. Much to my confusion I found "A/P" on the card at the bottom of the box. I did some searching on Google but all that I found was a couple threads on this forum with users posting their "A/P" finds. Am I correct in assuming that this means it is an artist's production piece?

I was wondering if there was an official FAQ/information about the number of artist pieces are made especially when considering such a small limited print run of 250 pieces.

Thank you for your help!

Sorry for the large-sized pictures. I wasn't sure how to resize them.

mohawkjones

Re: Prototype Boba Fett Hikari (Artist Piece?)

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:51 pm

MagisterLudi wrote:Hello all!

I did some searching on this topic but I didn't find that much information on an official word from Funko on Artist Pieces.

I won a Prototype Boba Fett Hikari through an eBay auction. I was very excited to receive it in the mail today and was looking forward to seeing what # piece I had obtained. Much to my confusion I found "A/P" on the card at the bottom of the box. I did some searching on Google but all that I found was a couple threads on this forum with users posting their "A/P" finds. Am I correct in assuming that this means it is an artist's production piece?

I was wondering if there was an official FAQ/information about the number of artist pieces are made especially when considering such a small limited print run of 250 pieces.

Thank you for your help!

Sorry for the large-sized pictures. I wasn't sure how to resize them.

You are correct, AP = Artists Proofs. Every company handles them a bit differently. I've seen AP statues sold directly through the company's website and labels with an edition number. More often than not they are just test production samples to confirm factory is producing the colors as intended.

Someone can chime in if they know more but I have never seen Funko release any information on AP run sizes or official distribution policies. I have a few AP Hikari I bought off eBay, never knew they were AP's until I opened them to display and checked the #. They are not common but they are put there in the wild.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:52 pm

Great score by the way! One of these days I need to track myself down a Prototype Fett Hikari.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

mindblowin02
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby mindblowin02 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:05 pm

There are no official numbers on the Funko APs. It seems like there are a decent amount of APs that were released for sale in the production run. It is possible that any extras that were produced that didn't fall within the numbered edition were given the "AP" designation.

In general, there are usually 1-10 APs made, depending on the amount of individuals that worked on a project, and then a few for "records." But I have seen instances where many APs were made, or where many more pieces were made in a numbered edition, so the rest were just labeled as APs.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:07 pm

I know Jordan has an AP of this Hikari as well, so there is for sure 2 of the AP's on this board that I know of! Congratulations on the special find!! :-)
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:09 pm

Thats a cool find. I have like 10-12 Hikari and none of the have the A/P card. Congrats on your find!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:15 pm

I've always considered the A/P hikari a very awesome and rare find. Congrats, he is a great piece!
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:39 am

Great find, didn't even know that there were hikaris labeled as such until this post.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Return to “Hikari”