Future hikari ?

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
User avatar
stevebb
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:35 pm

Future hikari ?

Postby stevebb » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:26 pm

You think large hikari will continue or do you think funko will go with mini for now on?

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:31 pm

I am in the hoping to continue group. I see room for both in the market place, hoping the interest in mini might drive a little bit more interest in the fill size pieces.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057
Image

User avatar
nanite
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Greater Portlandia
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby nanite » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:30 pm

I didn't see anything Hikari announced at Fundays or the 'con?
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

User avatar
CaseyJones14
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year
Posts: 6856
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:34 pm

I'm sure we'll still get plenty of new Hikari.

Frankenberry had several variants so you know Booberry and Count are coming soon as well. Star Wars Hikari always seem to pop up too.
Image
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

User avatar
Lilbrimer23
Posts: 1079
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:29 pm
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:43 pm

I'm sure we will get both! My theory is that mini Hikari are being made for those that like Hikari but can't quite afford or justify paying the higher price point. In our house we have a few full size and an ever growing mini Hikari collection. They are both awesome so why not continue both lines?
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Image
Image
Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

User avatar
BerserkerBlack
Posts: 2150
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:50 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby BerserkerBlack » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:01 pm

All the mini hikari seem to lack detail, they're nice tho

User avatar
EZA
Posts: 598
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: Whitby, ON Canada
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby EZA » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:19 pm

I personally love Hikaris although I only have about 15 of them so far I am picky on the ones I buy on the flip side I only have 4 Mini Hikaris although I would love to have a full colourway set of the Freddys. :-)
Image ImageImageImage
Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector of many things since 1977

User avatar
Sarcasticguy
Posts: 3647
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:07 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Lilbrimer23 wrote:I'm sure we will get both! My theory is that mini Hikari are being made for those that like Hikari but can't quite afford or justify paying the higher price point. In our house we have a few full size and an ever growing mini Hikari collection. They are both awesome so why not continue both lines?


This.

Mini Hikari are definitely the "breaking into Sofubi" line. I think if they continue their pacing, more and more people will probably pick up the regular guys.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
Image
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:02 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
Lilbrimer23 wrote:I'm sure we will get both! My theory is that mini Hikari are being made for those that like Hikari but can't quite afford or justify paying the higher price point. In our house we have a few full size and an ever growing mini Hikari collection. They are both awesome so why not continue both lines?


This.

Mini Hikari are definitely the "breaking into Sofubi" line. I think if they continue their pacing, more and more people will probably pick up the regular guys.


Agreed. The minis seem like a great intro item into the Funko sofubi world. Curious to see what could happen if Funko went for a mass market Mini Hikari release. Maybe a few more strategic HIkari pieces like from Rick & Morty, more cereal mascots or another hot property could help get a little bit more momentum going. The MMPR Megazord did really well around here at Walmart, so there is some mass market/larger audience interest in the right pieces at the right price point.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057
Image

User avatar
Sarcasticguy
Posts: 3647
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:07 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:16 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:
Lilbrimer23 wrote:I'm sure we will get both! My theory is that mini Hikari are being made for those that like Hikari but can't quite afford or justify paying the higher price point. In our house we have a few full size and an ever growing mini Hikari collection. They are both awesome so why not continue both lines?


This.

Mini Hikari are definitely the "breaking into Sofubi" line. I think if they continue their pacing, more and more people will probably pick up the regular guys.


Agreed. The minis seem like a great intro item into the Funko sofubi world. Curious to see what could happen if Funko went for a mass market Mini Hikari release. Maybe a few more strategic HIkari pieces like from Rick & Morty, more cereal mascots or another hot property could help get a little bit more momentum going. The MMPR Megazord did really well around here at Walmart, so there is some mass market/larger audience interest in the right pieces at the right price point.


A mini Hikari Rick.. wow i need that haha.

Wubba lubba dub dub.

I hope one day we see a fully painted OG colorway character like we do with Hikari, even if it's like $30 i'd still get it.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
Image
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

User avatar
nanite
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Greater Portlandia
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby nanite » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:19 am

I haven't seen any preorders on new stuff from the usual suspects. Any word from Funko on the future of the line?
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

ANTS131
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:17 pm

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby ANTS131 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:11 pm

I hope they don't stop makings the hikari line altogether

User avatar
outsidethebox_ca
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 10:58 pm
Location: La Habra,California
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby outsidethebox_ca » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:37 pm

I think we'll still see a small amount of hikari in the future but I feel like they are going to focus more on the mini hikaris.

User avatar
TriFeckTa
Posts: 2626
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:11 pm
Location: Little Saigon, California
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby TriFeckTa » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:02 am

I can definitely see them continuing the regular Hikari and expanding the mini Hikari lineup. Since i am interested in so many different characters and series and can't bring myself to buy a $70 hikari off the bat, i usually wait till they get really discounted and then pick them up. And even so i only collect Iron Man Hikaris, but for some reason can't shake myself free of the freddy mini hikaris, they just are so charming. Eventually i hope they make an Iron Man Mini Hikari, i am sure they will, but only time will tell. It seems like the demand even for mini hikaris isn't very dramatic, you can tell by the looking at the price point of the LE 400 freddy mini hikaris, very similar to the regular hikaris with relatively the same edition size.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 43
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

User avatar
BennyV07
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:27 am
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby BennyV07 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:23 am

I personally Enjoy the full sized Hikari myself. Otherwise, it just feels like a transparent pop.
Image

User avatar
nanite
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Greater Portlandia
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby nanite » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:01 pm

I keep forgetting to check if the mini Hikari boxes have Mindstyle branding. Funko could be moving away from collaborating with them on the Hikari line.
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:40 pm

nanite wrote:I keep forgetting to check if the mini Hikari boxes have Mindstyle branding. Funko could be moving away from collaborating with them on the Hikari line.


Zero mention of Mindstyle on the mini Hikari boxes. I would have to go back and look at a few recent ones but I do not think I've seen Mindstyle mentioned on any of the Hikari boxes for a while now.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057
Image

hpellot
Posts: 1467
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:08 pm

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby hpellot » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:57 pm

I have not seen mind style on any of the freddy minis
ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

User avatar
stevebb
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:35 pm

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby stevebb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Nothing new today again what happened to Hikari Friday ?

User avatar
yasowat
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:46 am
Location: Nevada
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby yasowat » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:07 pm

I like the smaller style. I wouldn't mind if they continued on that path.
Image

kdmlvr
Posts: 800
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:29 pm

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby kdmlvr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:51 pm

i think the full size hikari they made too many of some molds.
My house has too many funko items
To be married to a fellow funatic.

scholora
Posts: 221
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby scholora » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:24 am

Agreed on the larger ones. Probably need to reduce the quantity to make it more exclusive

User avatar
MattyPHATty
Posts: 1139
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:37 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:30 pm

stevebb wrote:Nothing new today again what happened to Hikari Friday ?


Been wandering the same thing myself

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby mohawkjones » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:30 pm

kdmlvr wrote:i think the full size hikari they made too many of some molds.

scholora wrote:Agreed on the larger ones. Probably need to reduce the quantity to make it more exclusive


I think some of the more recent ones have have gotten a bit redundant in their colorways. I do not mind the multiples as long as they feel different. I love the Frankenberry mold but the color variants were pretty redundant. Captain America, Stitch, Night King, Jack Skelington... they all had a couple that treaded into that territory as well. Keep the larger ones more unique and that will help them retain their special factor.

Bummed about the lack of Hikari Friday. Been since before D23 that we have seen one. Hopefully now that D23, SDCC & HQ grand opening are done we will see a return to weekly announcements. Heck, I would be down for just bi-monthly Hikari Fridays if that meant it was more feasible for the line.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057
Image

User avatar
Valde
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 4529
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:43 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby Valde » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:36 pm

I really like the "bigger" collectibles, I'm sad the oversized Walking Dead minis didn't take off. Sometimes I wish the 9 inch Pops would make a comeback. If Hikari came in more characters I like than I would buy them.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

User avatar
nanite
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:30 pm
Location: Greater Portlandia
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby nanite » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:33 am

Didn't see a thing in the pictures from the HQ opening.

Would be nice to get some official word on the line.
Hi, I'm Seth!
Please visit my custom thread: http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=58421

kdmlvr
Posts: 800
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:29 pm

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby kdmlvr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:05 pm

I think they will go more and more with mini hikaris
My house has too many funko items
To be married to a fellow funatic.

User avatar
jagpop
Posts: 1120
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:24 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby jagpop » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:00 pm

Same here, hope the churn out more characters in the large Hikari form. Then again, they are a bit out of my price range for purchasing regularly.
Image

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

User avatar
HowardTheDuck
Posts: 8053
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:32 pm
Location: Litchfield Park AZ
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:02 pm

Valde wrote:I really like the "bigger" collectibles, I'm sad the oversized Walking Dead minis didn't take off. Sometimes I wish the 9 inch Pops would make a comeback. If Hikari came in more characters I like than I would buy them.

That always bummed me out too. I'd love larger versions of some of the awesome minis that exist now.
ImageImage
I'm Julian. GO BUCKEYES!! CHECK OUT MY HIP-HOP REVIEWS! https://thirstkey.com/
ISO: CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, NEW BIGGIE PROTOS, TOY TOKYO B.I.G.

User avatar
Chernabog
Posts: 691
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby Chernabog » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Hoping to see some of the Disney hikari get a reboot.

User avatar
CaselxASD
Posts: 454
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Vallejo, CA
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby CaselxASD » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:54 pm

Chernabog wrote:Hoping to see some of the Disney hikari get a reboot.


YES PLEASE! Still working on completing my Mickey and Stitch lines but would loveee to see more and other Disney characters.
Image

Hai I'm Jerel, but most call me Jay. | One of those PPBs.
Into that Disney. | Instagram? CaselxASD.
[color=#0040ff][b]

User avatar
PopDaddy
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby PopDaddy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:43 am

CaselxASD wrote:
Chernabog wrote:Hoping to see some of the Disney hikari get a reboot.


YES PLEASE! Still working on completing my Mickey and Stitch lines but would loveee to see more and other Disney characters.

I'm starting Hikari heavy as of last week hehe.

Creating a set up of Emerald/Green hikaris (jade megazord, emerald voltron) and GOLD (batman, optimus).

At first, I wasn't interested due to the color crazy schemes they had. After searching hikari on PPG, I was drawn in to the green and gold and even the grey skull ones.

Definitely buying some Stitch!
WTB: Luffy color proto
Image

User avatar
Jezter
Posts: 4565
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 am
Location: West Chester, PA

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby Jezter » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:24 am

I have to admit I don't really dig the larger Hikari, and thus far there hasn't even been a character I'd want in that style. The only one I own is one I won through Funko on FB, haha. The only mini Hikari I own is the black glitter Freddy, although I like their size a lot better as well as price, so if they make characters I want, I'll get them.

Characters I'd buy, big or small would be Superman, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Wolfman and Freddy Krueger.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 470
Dorbz: 32
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Pop Needs- Original Logan, Unmasked Wolverine, Nick Fury, 12th Doctor Space Suit, Twisty Freddy, Ghost Rider Freddy, any Phoenix Pop, Chase Green Goblin, Laser Gun Freddy
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

User avatar
CaselxASD
Posts: 454
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Vallejo, CA
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby CaselxASD » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:05 pm

PopDaddy wrote:
Spoiler: show
CaselxASD wrote:
Chernabog wrote:Hoping to see some of the Disney hikari get a reboot.


YES PLEASE! Still working on completing my Mickey and Stitch lines but would loveee to see more and other Disney characters.

I'm starting Hikari heavy as of last week hehe.
Creating a set up of Emerald/Green hikaris (jade megazord, emerald voltron) and GOLD (batman, optimus).

At first, I wasn't interested due to the color crazy schemes they had. After searching hikari on PPG, I was drawn in to the green and gold and even the grey skull ones.

Definitely buying some Stitch!


You're definitely gonna love the Green Glow Stitch! It's probably my favorite one out of all the Stitch variations.
Image

Hai I'm Jerel, but most call me Jay. | One of those PPBs.
Into that Disney. | Instagram? CaselxASD.
[color=#0040ff][b]

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:37 pm

PopDaddy wrote:I'm starting Hikari heavy as of last week hehe.

Creating a set up of Emerald/Green hikaris (jade megazord, emerald voltron) and GOLD (batman, optimus).

At first, I wasn't interested due to the color crazy schemes they had. After searching hikari on PPG, I was drawn in to the green and gold and even the grey skull ones.

Definitely buying some Stitch!


The GITD Stitch is pretty rad. Also check out the ECCC Stormtrooper and Kaiju Godzilla for some more green sofubi goodness.

Image

Image

Image
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057
Image

User avatar
PopDaddy
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby PopDaddy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:17 am

mohawkjones wrote:
PopDaddy wrote:I'm starting Hikari heavy as of last week hehe.

Creating a set up of Emerald/Green hikaris (jade megazord, emerald voltron) and GOLD (batman, optimus).

At first, I wasn't interested due to the color crazy schemes they had. After searching hikari on PPG, I was drawn in to the green and gold and even the grey skull ones.

Definitely buying some Stitch!


The GITD Stitch is pretty rad. Also check out the ECCC Stormtrooper and Kaiju Godzilla for some more green sofubi goodness.


:bounce: really want the GITD stitch! I have the neon green freddy mini hikari and the new "green" coming!
WTB: Luffy color proto
Image

User avatar
mohawkjones
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Reno, NV
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:10 pm

PopDaddy wrote: :bounce: really want the GITD stitch! I have the neon green freddy mini hikari and the new "green" coming!


Check out Gemini.

GID Stitch was their exclusive and they had him on clearance as well as some damaged box mark downs recently too.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, VYNL fiend and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057
Image

User avatar
Mister Piggy Wiggy
Posts: 3211
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:16 pm

I just took a look at those green Hikari. Now I want either one. lol
29/Male/CHINESE


I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3


I collect amazing fan signs like this!

User avatar
PopDaddy
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby PopDaddy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:35 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
PopDaddy wrote: :bounce: really want the GITD stitch! I have the neon green freddy mini hikari and the new "green" coming!


Check out Gemini.

GID Stitch was their exclusive and they had him on clearance as well as some damaged box mark downs recently too.

Thanks! Forgot about them. Took a look and they have plenty green hikari! :bounce: :alien:
WTB: Luffy color proto
Image

User avatar
d3postman
Posts: 684
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:04 pm
Location: Boise, ID
Contact:

Re: Future hikari ?

Postby d3postman » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:08 pm

I think, overall, they'll go mini and then begin phasing them out or maybe limiting them to convention exclusives. I see them focusing much more on their other new lines in the upcoming year or two
Image


Return to “Hikari”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]