De-stinking mini hikari

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
Raypunz

Re: De-stinking mini hikari

Postby Raypunz » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:08 am

Just checked mine.
My sdcc ones don't really smell but the clear one from
The funko shop def has a strong smell to it.

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:49 pm

I was debating opening the 8 mini hikari Freddy's that I have before reading this. My mind has been changed. And with 4 more colors shown at the hq grand opening I can't imagine the smell of 12 of them open.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

scholora

Postby scholora » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:22 am

This is too funny. Why does it smell so bad. The paint?

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:14 am

scholora wrote:This is too funny. Why does it smell so bad. The paint?

I think it might have something to do with it getting heated. Two of the ones I ordered from Funko online were extremely fragrant. The other two were not as bad. And the Fundays one I received from a friend hardly had a scent at all. So I think somewhere in the shipping process, they sat somewhere (shipping container, truck, something), and got extremely overheated.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:26 am

It's funny - I never noticed it until I unboxed the Mini Freddy from FunDays and wow - STINK! I was going blame it on my doggie ;)
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:52 pm

a99kitten wrote:It's funny - I never noticed it until I unboxed the Mini Freddy from FunDays and wow - STINK! I was going blame it on my doggie ;)

OMG, obviously you never unboxed the mini Greedos! Those little buggers are the worse offenders by a long shot. The Fundays Freddys got nothing on him. It's like somebody at the factory was going for a post Han shot first smell... :sad5:
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:58 pm

allcutethings2 wrote:
scholora wrote:This is too funny. Why does it smell so bad. The paint?

I think it might have something to do with it getting heated. Two of the ones I ordered from Funko online were extremely fragrant. The other two were not as bad. And the Fundays one I received from a friend hardly had a scent at all. So I think somewhere in the shipping process, they sat somewhere (shipping container, truck, something), and got extremely overheated.

Truth. Getting the Funko-shop ones in the summer, in the 100 degree high sierra heat... they were warm and squishy... and oh so extremely fragrant.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:23 pm

My mystic Spidey smelled like a rubber factory for awhile. It finally faded after a couple of weeks or so

profb

Postby profb » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:28 am

got to love that new vinyl smell

Wickedfunko

Postby Wickedfunko » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:02 pm

I just have the 4 from Funko Shop and I don't even have them oob and I can smell them.
Just a man with a pug :freddy2:

ISO: Freddy HQ Space Needle

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:36 pm

HAHHAHA I smelled the Hikaris at a friends house and yes they were aired out, but it wasnt even noticeable. Ill need to break out some fresh stinkers out the box.

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:21 pm

I only have the black one and I have not even taken it out of the shipping box because of all the "smell" issues people have talked about.

I have never minded the smell of PVC. I used to look forward to getting a box of Funko because of the PVC smell (sick huh?) and when I walk into my toy room I have some Barrister bookcases that I display my toys in and when I open the doors the smell of PVC wafts out and I know I am near Funko.

Stinky Hikari?

This I think has stopped me from buying any of the others.
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:15 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:I only have the black one and I have not even taken it out of the shipping box because of all the "smell" issues people have talked about.

I have never minded the smell of PVC. I used to look forward to getting a box of Funko because of the PVC smell (sick huh?) and when I walk into my toy room I have some Barrister bookcases that I display my toys in and when I open the doors the smell of PVC wafts out and I know I am near Funko.

Stinky Hikari?

This I think has stopped me from buying any of the others.

That PVC smell is amazing...in a good way. I don't have my Spooky Kookys displayed at the moment so whenever I delve into the container they are stored in I get a huge whiff of the vinyl goodness and it never ceases to make me happy. Not sure how that smell compares to the new mini Hikari, but hopefully it's just as good.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:46 pm

Haven't tried the Freddy hikaris as I traded all mine away from Fundays but took out my gold Chopper from the Smuggler's sub and it made my room stink for a day or so before the smell dissipated. Can't imagine if you open like 6 of them, especially if the Freddys are as bad as people say...
Current Pop count: 280
Current Dorbz Count: 16
Newest Pop: SSGSS Kamehameha Goku
Favorite Pop: SS2 Gohan
ISO: Not even sure anymore

mactds

Postby mactds » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Take them outside for a day to aerate, and hope for the best. I wish there was a way to desmell pops from smoking households. It can be so strong, it just sticks. I have gotten them in trades, and have to send them right back out.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:51 am

mactds wrote:Take them outside for a day to aerate, and hope for the best. I wish there was a way to desmell pops from smoking households. It can be so strong, it just sticks. I have gotten them in trades, and have to send them right back out.

I thought you wrote "it just stinks" versus it just sticks. That would have been an awesome pun lol lol
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:59 pm

skillawashere wrote:
mactds wrote:Take them outside for a day to aerate, and hope for the best. I wish there was a way to desmell pops from smoking households. It can be so strong, it just sticks. I have gotten them in trades, and have to send them right back out.

I thought you wrote "it just stinks" versus it just sticks. That would have been an awesome pun lol lol

LOL!

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:52 pm

jagpop wrote:
skillawashere wrote:

LOL!

Yes my mini Hikari stink also. So now I just leave them sealed. I still love them and will continue to buy them. As far as smoking smell goes I have not smoked in 17 years but have bought things that come from a smokers house and can't stand it. I can sit next to someone smoking and can deal with it but not have something in my office that continues to smell smokey. [-X

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:19 am

I have to say I got lucky and missed any that would stink somehow! I hadn't even thought about the possibility! That's lowkey hilarious but it makes sense.
My name is Morgan. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna proto
@superfunkobros

Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

Stitch626

Postby Stitch626 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:10 am

I completely forgot about the smell and I picked up Mickey Mouse ones as a surprise for my friend from NYCC. She was super greatful but even she commented on the smell of the plastic.
ImageImage
ImageImage. Image.

Return to “Hikari”