Where to start?

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
jagpop

Re: Where to start?

Postby jagpop » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:21 pm

pommefille wrote:
jagpop wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:Barnes & Noble, Gamestop and Hot Topic are great places to find Hikaris. I always remember seeing them at toys r us but that store is no longer :(

Gamestop is a really good place to check. I've seen Hikari heavily discounted.

Ours never have hikari anymore - seems the only place I ever see them is at Box Lunch and there aren't any of those near me

They are getting harder to find. And i'm noticing certain ones that I have been eyeing on Ebay are not dropping in price.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:36 am

jagpop wrote:
pommefille wrote:
jagpop wrote:Gamestop is a really good place to check. I've seen Hikari heavily discounted.

Ours never have hikari anymore - seems the only place I ever see them is at Box Lunch and there aren't any of those near me

They are getting harder to find. And i'm noticing certain ones that I have been eyeing on Ebay are not dropping in price.

Yeah, they are long gone from retail stores. Over a year and a half since any new retail releases, what was out there has been clearance out. :(

Tuesday Morning got some around the holidays for cheap but never saw them here. No BoxLunch around here but the one 2 hours away has had a lone Captain America sitting on the clearance shelf for a long time now.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:23 am

I was at the HQ last month and they had some really cool Hikari’s. I don’t own any at all. I had to really stop my self forming buy ping the limited edition transformers. Cause if I buy one I’ll want them all lol

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:51 am

pommefille wrote:
jagpop wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:Barnes & Noble, Gamestop and Hot Topic are great places to find Hikaris. I always remember seeing them at toys r us but that store is no longer :(

Gamestop is a really good place to check. I've seen Hikari heavily discounted.

We have a store called Tuesday Morning here, oddly I've seen HIkari's there every now and then
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:40 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
pommefille wrote:
jagpop wrote:Gamestop is a really good place to check. I've seen Hikari heavily discounted.

We have a store called Tuesday Morning here, oddly I've seen HIkari's there every now and then

Ohh I've seen this store too, always thought it was just a home goods type store, never thought to check for Funkos
Funatic of all things Funko!!

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:02 pm

2017fanatic wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:
pommefille wrote:

Ohh I've seen this store too, always thought it was just a home goods type store, never thought to check for Funkos

They dont have alot.. but they do get them. My wife just got me the cival war 4 pack with the 2 pops and 2 key chains the other day for $11.99 box was in great shape as well.
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:26 pm

We have a collectibles store here in the Philippines which still has some Hikaris up for sale, probably stock which they got during the early years when Hikari was new.

If you're looking for Hikaris, you'll have a better chance finding them at the smaller comic book shops, rather than big retail outlets.
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

g3ohss

Postby g3ohss » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:55 am

funkilyfunko wrote:I want to start collecting hikari so where should I start?

I started with mini Freddy hikaris and got addicted :eek: I would say start with something you really love.
Hi I’m Geo :) IG: @g3ohss
ImageImageImageImage

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:07 pm

g3ohss wrote:
funkilyfunko wrote:I want to start collecting hikari so where should I start?

I started with mini Freddy hikaris and got addicted :eek: I would say start with something you really love.

Those mini Freddy's were cool, especially the ones from Fundays. Awesome colors.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

BrooklynJava

Postby BrooklynJava » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:20 pm

Like with everything, just start with what you know and work out from there. Maybe even start with just one of each for a particular character (unless you find a good deal that is). You'll have a pretty nice collection in no time. :thumbright:

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:53 pm

For any collectible item my opinion is to collect whatever you like and what makes you happy.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Grossanator9

Postby Grossanator9 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:31 pm

I would always look Offer Up, eBay, Craigslist. There are people cutting things loose from their collection all the time and it's a great way to sometimes get things at a lower price...sometimes!
Jason Grohoske
Ghostbustin' Since 1987

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:16 am

Grossanator9 wrote:I would always look Offer Up, eBay, Craigslist. There are people cutting things loose from their collection all the time and it's a great way to sometimes get things at a lower price...sometimes!

Very true, if your patient you can find some big bundles/lots at great prices this way too

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:12 am

franzsy0519 wrote:We have a collectibles store here in the Philippines which still has some Hikaris up for sale, probably stock which they got during the early years when Hikari was new.

If you're looking for Hikaris, you'll have a better chance finding them at the smaller comic book shops, rather than big retail outlets.

I think I might have had the fine opportunity to see this in person when I was in the Philippines earlier this year.. it was a good assortment too!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:58 pm

pinklaquer wrote:
franzsy0519 wrote:We have a collectibles store here in the Philippines which still has some Hikaris up for sale, probably stock which they got during the early years when Hikari was new.

I think I might have had the fine opportunity to see this in person when I was in the Philippines earlier this year.. it was a good assortment too!

Well now I want to see some pictures... ;)
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:46 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
pinklaquer wrote:

Well now I want to see some pictures... ;)

I will try to get some pictures once I get the chance!
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Mon May 20, 2019 12:37 pm

With anything Funko, start with what you love! Since I am a Disney fan, I fell in love with the Mickey Mouse line. Although I haven't acquired any yet, I have checked out the multiple versions and plan on getting one soon! :)
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:27 pm

thefunkohunko wrote:With anything Funko, start with what you love! Since I am a Disney fan, I fell in love with the Mickey Mouse line. Although I haven't acquired any yet, I have checked out the multiple versions and plan on getting one soon! :)

perfectly said...i started with a gitd buzz and then eventually got into marvel, starwars and batman hikari

Markn12

Postby Markn12 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:06 am

I started with Freddy XS. That was my Hikari gateway and now I can’t quit.

jsmithdigital
SCCA 2022
SCCA 2022

Postby jsmithdigital » Fri May 31, 2019 2:39 pm

Yes start with something you love. For me its disney. Trying to collect all of the mickey mouse varients right now.

Markn12

Postby Markn12 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:03 am

Smijus2004 wrote:Yes start with something you love. For me its disney. Trying to collect all of the mickey mouse varients right now.

I really like the larger Hikari Mickeys. They remind me of the Mickey pop colorways series. Iconic figure with a pop art slant.

jsmithdigital
SCCA 2022
SCCA 2022

Postby jsmithdigital » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:46 pm

Markn12 wrote:
Smijus2004 wrote:Yes start with something you love. For me its disney. Trying to collect all of the mickey mouse varients right now.

I really like the larger Hikari Mickeys. They remind me of the Mickey pop colorways series. Iconic figure with a pop art slant.

Now you want to buy some, don't you? Mickey is the best!

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:14 pm

My first Hikari was the golden Mickey. I suggest you start looking for characters you like on e-Bay and on Amazon.

jsmithdigital
SCCA 2022
SCCA 2022

Postby jsmithdigital » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:23 pm

funkilyfunko wrote:
MiniDeadpool wrote:I would say collect what you like. Do you have a favorite franchise?

I like marvel and stranger things

If you want to start with something easy. I know there is a Captain America hikari that is pretty cheap and easy to get.

Markn12

Postby Markn12 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:03 pm

Smijus2004 wrote:
Markn12 wrote:

Now you want to buy some, don't you? Mickey is the best!

I’ve had my eye on purple and snow cone for a bit...

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:29 am

2017fanatic wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:
pommefille wrote:

Same here! I would never think of checking out Tuesday Morning. I might have 1 or 2 stores near me. The quest is on!

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:53 am

Greymom wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

Same here! I would never think of checking out Tuesday Morning. I might have 1 or 2 stores near me. The quest is on!

Good luck! It really is hit or miss, but when they have them they are VERY cheap.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:17 pm

Start with some anime probably!
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football
:freddy3:

FunkoGus

Postby FunkoGus » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:53 am

Start with the line you like, it will grow from there.

Return to “Hikari”