What was your first Hikari?

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
Marvelfanatic86

Re: What was your first Hikari?

Postby Marvelfanatic86 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:35 am

Groot was my first !
▪️Funko Collector circa 2014
▪️Pop Count 2000+
▪️Comic Con Enthusiast
▪️NYCC - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021,2022
▪️SDCC - 2019, 2022, 2023
▪️Fundays - 2019, 2022, 2023

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:01 am

The Incredible Hulk was my first Hikari and then I bought a few of the Megazord Hikari and Transformers Hikari. I have sold off the Transformers and a few of the Megazord Hikari but still have my GITD version of Megazord and all of my Hulk Hikaris.
Hulk Smash!
Member: KY Funko League of Awesomeness
IG: @HauckBuster007
IG: @SuperFunkoBros
Favorite Character: Incredible Hulk

Jalcmkzv87

Postby Jalcmkzv87 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:28 am

Green Fundays 2017 Freddy funko.
My name is John. Aka JLO Collectibles.
#TeamOoohhhNooooo
I’m just a full time working dad trying to live my best life with my family while collecting Funko pops/protos and pins.
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

buttonscollectibles

Postby buttonscollectibles » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:01 pm

I just recently starting buying more Hikaris! My first purchase was a Batman Black with glitter. My wife bought it for me after I started wanting to collect the line. Now we are both addicted! lol
Have a Button Day! :freddy2:

IG: @buttonscollectibles

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:35 pm

My first Hikari was Frankenstein in the black and white colors. I got him at puzzle zoo for 25 dollars.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

BrooklynJava

Postby BrooklynJava » Thu May 16, 2019 10:49 pm

RobertGp26 wrote:I found my first, and only, Hikari at GameStop in my local mall. He was on sale for around $15. And since he was Iron Man, it was an added bonus!

Was able to pick up my first and only (so far) recently too; it was Rainbow Dash. Just the original, but it's still pretty nice looking. I like it!

Hawkeye_13

Postby Hawkeye_13 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:08 pm

First one was Donatello, I've since gotten all four.

Chris23tian

Postby Chris23tian » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:56 am

I just found one in a Loot Crate sdcc Box I bought a few years ago. It’s a stormtrooper.
Making Fun Premiere 2018
Funatic Disneyland Meet Up 2018
ECCC 2018
Funko Funkast Meet-Up 2018
Funko Fundays 2019
Funko Hollywood HQ
Funkon Hollywood/ Virtual Fundays

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:49 am

Hawkeye_13 wrote:First one was Donatello, I've since gotten all four.

Nice!

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:03 am

My first Hikari was the xs iron man 2 pack. It was on super sale for $5 on amazon so I figured why not check it out in person... they were really cool! Now I own 3 retro Freddy Hikari too
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

Hawkeye_13

Postby Hawkeye_13 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:43 pm

pinklaquer wrote:

Nice!

I came around to really liking hikari(I didn't at first)

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:51 pm

Hawkeye_13 wrote:
pinklaquer wrote:

Nice!

I came around to really liking hikari(I didn't at first)

I would say it's an acquired taste.

CarlitaJuanita

Postby CarlitaJuanita » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:39 am

My first was the Batman set of four. The Dark Night I had signed by Matt Harvey (back when he could still pitch). I really like the Hikari ones...I like the design

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:08 pm

i'm almost certain my first was an ironman hikari or jack the pumpkin king...ugh one of those for sure lol

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:24 pm

LE 500 Creature from the Black Lagoon was my first! Sold it awhile ago, though, for college money!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:24 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:LE 500 Creature from the Black Lagoon was my first! Sold it awhile ago, though, for college money!

no, hikari comes first, then college credits. my advice is to quit college and buy that creature back. =D>

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:28 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:LE 500 Creature from the Black Lagoon was my first! Sold it awhile ago, though, for college money!

no, hikari comes first, then college credits. my advice is to quit college and buy that creature back. =D>

LOL Excellent advice! lol lo lol
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

friskykillface

Postby friskykillface » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:53 pm

Stormtrooper from a sdcc 2015 lootbox, shame I don’t have it anymore but as someone said, college comes first and I had bad student loans oof
The pic I posted on Instagram counts at least, right?
Might get it back since I just looked on eBay :D
Hey, take care and have an awesome day.

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:12 am

First and only hikari: all the venom ones

CarlitaJuanita

Postby CarlitaJuanita » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:04 pm

I love my Hikari Bats. Deftness best ones

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:57 am

My first Hikari was the black Glitter Batman. Knew I had to collect some after I saw the cool Batman ones they had at 2014 SDCC
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:30 am

Skeletor was my first one.

TakeMeToTheRiot

Postby TakeMeToTheRiot » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:03 am

I’m thinking mine was a shadow trooper!
INSTA TakeMeToTheRiot99

ISO: The Office Protos!!!

Kenjutsu763

Postby Kenjutsu763 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:51 am

Franken Berry! I won him in a silent auction where he was packaged with a bunch of other General Mills stuff. I really wanted the flocked Trix Rabbit pop, plus the lucky Charms cereal :P
"You're overwhelmed. Freeze was underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?"- Dick Grayson, Young Justice 1x01

Collection: Ask, and I'll send a link ;)
ISO: Monk Tang(Gold)
Signature from soliquenl https://soliquenl.deviantart.com/

Guitarpik

Postby Guitarpik » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:20 pm

Michelangelo from TMNT.
Mike Becker for President!

Thepopninja

Postby Thepopninja » Thu May 28, 2020 3:26 am

First hikari 300 pc Monkey King Freddy
\:D/ from the shadow realm.... enters ThePopNinja

Ducktor_Strange

Postby Ducktor_Strange » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:31 pm

My first Hikari...I grabbed at the Funko HQ. It was one of those "cleaning out the warehouse" days. To my surprise I walked in and saw one ECCC LE250 Jade Megazord. Funny thing was my luck got even better from there! Upon ringing it up, it wasn't loaded into the system so I got it at a cheaper retail price than what it should have been.

Normally this would have been enough to make it a major find of the year, but a couple days later it got even better. While chatting with somebody in a local goup, he asked me what number mine was. I hadn't even thought about opening it up to see. When I did I was floored that it was actually #1 of 250. Number ONE...I felt like this was something that shoudln't have been put out for sale. Like somebody set #1 aside before ECCC and forgot about it, only for it to be sent to the warehouse and stored away like the Arc of the Covenant at the end of Raiders.

My first Hikari was likely the best Hikari I'll ever get....it's all downhill from there! haha :)

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:17 am

Ducktor_Strange wrote:My first Hikari...I grabbed at the Funko HQ. It was one of those "cleaning out the warehouse" days. To my surprise I walked in and saw one ECCC LE250 Jade Megazord. Funny thing was my luck got even better from there! Upon ringing it up, it wasn't loaded into the system so I got it at a cheaper retail price than what it should have been.

Normally this would have been enough to make it a major find of the year, but a couple days later it got even better. While chatting with somebody in a local goup, he asked me what number mine was. I hadn't even thought about opening it up to see. When I did I was floored that it was actually #1 of 250. Number ONE...I felt like this was something that shoudln't have been put out for sale. Like somebody set #1 aside before ECCC and forgot about it, only for it to be sent to the warehouse and stored away like the Arc of the Covenant at the end of Raiders.

My first Hikari was likely the best Hikari I'll ever get....it's all downhill from there! haha :)

Thanks for sharing your fantastic find and story =D> =D> =D>
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:27 pm

Ducktor_Strange wrote:My first Hikari...I grabbed at the Funko HQ. It was one of those "cleaning out the warehouse" days. To my surprise I walked in and saw one ECCC LE250 Jade Megazord. Funny thing was my luck got even better from there! Upon ringing it up, it wasn't loaded into the system so I got it at a cheaper retail price than what it should have been.

Great score! That is an awesome surprise. =D>
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:24 pm

Nice! I've never had anything close to a #1.... I did randomly score some APs off of eBay though :cheers:

Kungfutoys

Postby Kungfutoys » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:00 am

Great score!
:freddy3:
Funko Funatic Since 1999
2002 FunKlub Member #0037
Funko Events Attended:
2002 1st Fundays at Sparky’s until the last Fundays at SDCC 2023
2016 Funko Fright Night
2017 Everett Headquarters Grand Opening
2018 Making Fun Hollywood Premier
2019 Hollywood Store Grand Opening
2021 FunKon Hollywood
2022 Funko Fright Night 2 NYCC
2023 Funko Fundays

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:53 am

Great story, thanks for sharing. In the end that hikari was meant for you to have. Congrats, I know you’re enjoying having it in your collection. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:19 pm

My first Hikari was the Stormtrooper Starfield Hikari my wife gave me when she won Funatic if the week several years ago.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

Ducktor_Strange

Postby Ducktor_Strange » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:01 pm

Thank you ALL!!! It's definitely one of my favs!!! :)

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:35 am

Guitarpik wrote:Michelangelo from TMNT.

Such an awesome looking one! =D> =D>
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:36 am

Guitarpik wrote:Michelangelo from TMNT.

Such an awesome looking one! =D> =D>
2020 Rookie of the Year
Colorado Funatic

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:37 am

MacKazoo wrote:My first Hikari was Frankenstein in the black and white colors. I got him at puzzle zoo for 25 dollars.

That is so awesome! That is such a cool looking one!
2020 Rookie of the Year
Colorado Funatic

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:56 am

SpaceDude wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:My first Hikari was Frankenstein in the black and white colors. I got him at puzzle zoo for 25 dollars.

That is so awesome! That is such a cool looking one!

Well unfortunately I sold him off for the same amount plus a little bit for shipping. So I only have one Hikari in my collection
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:53 pm

EE astro boy. Got it from Amazon.
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:01 pm

My first - and I bet a lot of people are the same - was the BB-8 from Smuggler's Bounty. Ended up giving to a buddy of mine who was trying to get all of the colors.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Return to “Hikari”