How would you jump start the Hikari line?

Be they clear, glittery, metallic, distressed, or any other treatment they can come up with, here is your place to talk about Funko's latest hit product
mongoose12

How would you jump start the Hikari line?

Postby mongoose12 » Thu May 30, 2019 9:28 am

What would you do to give this line a second chance? New packaging? Different size figure? Maybe a completely different product name - like a relaunch of sorts?

With so many resources at its disposal, I think Funko can give the sofubi market a second go-around.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: How would you jump start the Hikari line?

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu May 30, 2019 10:32 am

The problem is the price point.

Your typical Funko collector doesn't want to spend more than $10-15 on an item. Now if they were able to sell Hikari for $30 right out of the gate then I think more people would buy, but $50-80 scares most people away.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu May 30, 2019 10:36 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:The problem is the price point.

Your typical Funko collector doesn't want to spend more than $10-15 on an item. Now if they were able to sell Hikari for $30 right out of the gate then I think more people would buy, but $50-80 scares most people away.

fair point. i never considered the price point to be an issue but i also understand that by comparison to a 12$ pop, 50$ - 80$ is a large difference. i always felt the high cost was attributed the production cost of such a limited piece and its materials. think about each, each hikari is a number LE - how many pops releases have been anywhere near LE500 in the last few years?

i guess what i'm trying to say is "on paper" hikari is everything a collector would want - except it doesn't seem to have come to fruition. :-({|=

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu May 30, 2019 10:47 am

mongoose12 wrote:i guess what i'm trying to say is "on paper" hikari is everything a collector would want - except it doesn't seem to have come to fruition. :-({|=

I love the idea behind Hikari with the cool box, numbered card, and unique designs. It is a bummer that 90% of Funko people out there just want their Pops. Funko does a good job of trying to promote new lines (Dorbz, Vynl, etc.) but people always seem to fall back on Pops. Hopefully I am wrong and Funko spits out some more Hikari sometime soon. I would love to see BooBerry and Count Chocula to go along with FrankenBerry!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Theshowman619

Postby Theshowman619 » Thu May 30, 2019 10:53 am

Exactly this. “Oh sweet that’s awesome!! $80?!?! No thanks”
:freddy4: ImageImage
ImageImageImage

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu May 30, 2019 12:18 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:i guess what i'm trying to say is "on paper" hikari is everything a collector would want - except it doesn't seem to have come to fruition. :-({|=

I love the idea behind Hikari with the cool box, numbered card, and unique designs. It is a bummer that 90% of Funko people out there just want their Pops. Funko does a good job of trying to promote new lines (Dorbz, Vynl, etc.) but people always seem to fall back on Pops. Hopefully I am wrong and Funko spits out some more Hikari sometime soon. I would love to see BooBerry and Count Chocula to go along with FrankenBerry!

Totally with you on this with this. All the more, some of the new lines are really good, but their price points is just too close to the POP, which at the end of the ruins it somehow for the new lines, for most people will still buy Pop as their top priority.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

MartinMtz702

Postby MartinMtz702 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:20 pm

Agree. The price point is what made me stop collecting hikari
Image Image Image Image

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu May 30, 2019 12:32 pm

mongoose12 wrote:What would you do to give this line a second chance? New packaging? Different size figure? Maybe a completely different product name - like a relaunch of sorts? With so many resources at its disposal, I think Funko can give the sofubi market a second go-around.

mongoose12 wrote:

fair point. i never considered the price point to be an issue but i also understand that by comparison to a 12$ pop, 50$ - 80$ is a large difference. i always felt the high cost was attributed the production cost of such a limited piece and its materials. think about each, each hikari is a number LE - how many pops releases have been anywhere near LE500 in the last few years?

i guess what i'm trying to say is "on paper" hikari is everything a collector would want - except it doesn't seem to have come to fruition. :-({|=

Perceived value is a big issue here IMO. Comparing a $10 pop to a $50-80 Hikari is like comparing a Marvel Legend figure to a Hot Toys figure or a $6 mystery mini to a $14 Loyal Subjects figure, it's not a fair comparison. It was never meant to be, totally different intended audiences. We know there is a huge portion of the Funko collectors community that take a "if it's a Funko product and not a pop, then it's crap" mentality. I alway see the 90's Mike Myers SNL skit in my end when reading the online venom spat at any Funko announcement that's not pop related.

You get the market that Hikari is geared towards. The sofubi vinyl material and process if far more costly than that of Pops. Compared to comparable designer vinyl products, Hikari are not really that expensive. But there is a sizable portion of the designer toy market that has a huge chip on their shoulders toward Funko because of Pops. Again, totally different markets IMO. But this hurt Hikari too as it's intended audience must have been intended to included this jaded bunch. I find it hard to believe that a lot of sofubi collectors wouldn't want a Predator, Stay Puff, Cereal Monsters, Darth Vader, Deadpool, Voltron, Universal Monsters, etc. in the format.

Value. I've seen many times some of the more vocal folks complaining about the price of Hikari and than later posts "grail" purchases of $50, $100, 300+ Pops. It blows my mind what people are willing to spend on a pop that they knew originally carried a $10-15 price point. But they complain about a individually numbered, high-end packaged, unique boutique figure's price.

The Hikari Mini/XS series seemed like a good idea on paper. Smaller size & price point, something a lot of folks asked for. I think the lack of paint apps and 2 pack format may be what doomed that line. I get the logic behind it, 2-pack equalled 2 sold, made the cost/ROI for mold/production more effective. Again, over $10 though and people get weird. Plus they were "not a pop".

Chuck, getting back to your point on how jump start the line again. I love the current Hikari window box packaging but if changing it to something less costly gets the production lines rolling again than I am all for it. I display my collection OOB, so that's really not an issue for me.

I think better character selection would be a great starting point. No Wolverine, Thor, classic Spider-Man, Daredevil, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Xenomorph, Chewbacca, Yoda, Hellboy, Slimer, Donald Duck, Minnie Mouse...? These are all characters that have built in fan bases that buy almost anything made of that character that would bring some new collectors into the mix. Tone back some of the wilder and/or too similar color ways. Instead give us a few more character accurate colors like Holiday Special Boba Fett, classic comic colors Captain America, US Agent Cap, classic colors Harley (not the rusty version), etc. Appeal a bit more to the purist this way.

Reinstate the "Signature Series" label. Bring in some bigger names from the designer toy community to do some unique sculpts/color ways. Give some street cred back to Funko among the designer toy snobs. Some of my favorite pieces in my collection are the Myths & Legends, Tiki Idols and Signature figures. $80 is a bargain compared to some of the prices I see for the "true" designer toys out there.

Hikari will never appeal to the entitled "if it's not a Pop it's crap" speculator. Even at a lower price they balk. See Dorbz & Vynl, both should have been a hit at their price but read though the comments when new ones were announced. Even the $20 Vinyl Idolz fell flat. So instead I would focus to getting the costs down a little bit, expanding character selection to appeal to fan favorites and getting some bigger name artists to design a few to bolster street cred.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:35 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:What would you do to give this line a second chance? New packaging? Different size figure? Maybe a completely different product name - like a relaunch of sorts? With so many resources at its disposal, I think Funko can give the sofubi market a second go-around.

mongoose12 wrote:

Perceived value is a big issue here IMO. Comparing a $10 pop to a $50-80 Hikari is like comparing a Marvel Legend figure to a Hot Toys figure or a $6 mystery mini to a $14 Loyal Subjects figure, it's not a fair comparison. It was never meant to be, totally different intended audiences. We know there is a huge portion of the Funko collectors community that take a "if it's a Funko product and not a pop, then it's crap" mentality. I alway see the 90's Mike Myers SNL skit in my end when reading the online venom spat at any Funko announcement that's not pop related.

You get the market that Hikari is geared towards. The sofubi vinyl material and process if far more costly than that of Pops. Compared to comparable designer vinyl products, Hikari are not really that expensive. But there is a sizable portion of the designer toy market that has a huge chip on their shoulders toward Funko because of Pops. Again, totally different markets IMO. But this hurt Hikari too as it's intended audience must have been intended to included this jaded bunch. I find it hard to believe that a lot of sofubi collectors wouldn't want a Predator, Stay Puff, Cereal Monsters, Darth Vader, Deadpool, Voltron, Universal Monsters, etc. in the format.

Value. I've seen many times some of the more vocal folks complaining about the price of Hikari and than later posts "grail" purchases of $50, $100, 300+ Pops. It blows my mind what people are willing to spend on a pop that they knew originally carried a $10-15 price point. But they complain about a individually numbered, high-end packaged, unique boutique figure's price.

The Hikari Mini/XS series seemed like a good idea on paper. Smaller size & price point, something a lot of folks asked for. I think the lack of paint apps and 2 pack format may be what doomed that line. I get the logic behind it, 2-pack equalled 2 sold, made the cost/ROI for mold/production more effective. Again, over $10 though and people get weird. Plus they were "not a pop".

Chuck, getting back to your point on how jump start the line again. I love the current Hikari window box packaging but if changing it to something less costly gets the production lines rolling again than I am all for it. I display my collection OOB, so that's really not an issue for me.

I think better character selection would be a great starting point. No Wolverine, Thor, classic Spider-Man, Daredevil, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Xenomorph, Chewbacca, Yoda, Hellboy, Slimer, Donald Duck, Minnie Mouse...? These are all characters that have built in fan bases that buy almost anything made of that character that would bring some new collectors into the mix. Tone back some of the wilder and/or too similar color ways. Instead give us a few more character accurate colors like Holiday Special Boba Fett, classic comic colors Captain America, US Agent Cap, classic colors Harley (not the rusty version), etc. Appeal a bit more to the purist this way.

Reinstate the "Signature Series" label. Bring in some bigger names from the designer toy community to do some unique sculpts/color ways. Give some street cred back to Funko among the designer toy snobs. Some of my favorite pieces in my collection are the Myths & Legends, Tiki Idols and Signature figures. $80 is a bargain compared to some of the prices I see for the "true" designer toys out there.

Hikari will never appeal to the entitled "if it's not a Pop it's crap" speculator. Even at a lower price they balk. See Dorbz & Vynl, both should have been a hit at their price but read though the comments when new ones were announced. Even the $20 Vinyl Idolz fell flat. So instead I would focus to getting the costs down a little bit, expanding character selection to appeal to fan favorites and getting some bigger name artists to design a few to bolster street cred.

beautifully written. all excellent points.

Markn12

Postby Markn12 » Thu May 30, 2019 9:12 pm

I agree with a lot of the points already made.

In terms of getting more people to buy Hikari, I find myself buying a bunch of stuff I don’t really collect if there’s a chance of a chase. I’m not aware of any Hikari chases.

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Thu May 30, 2019 9:33 pm

I don't think there is much they can do to give this line a second chance and it's a shame. The price is high and it definitely deters many away. Understand that argument.

Imo the hikari xs was the second chance and it hasn't really worked out.

Shawn has some good points but I thought funko did a good job on the characters. Batman was the first one introduced. Marvel came a few months later along with Star Wars and Disney followed later. We got Mickey Mouse, Buzz, Deadpool, Darth Vader, Joker, TMNT,Iron Man, Skeletor etc. There's always more they could make but I thought they did a good selection overall and once again, I think price point hurt it.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:50 am

This! Also some of the designs/colors just seemed off. I collect TMNT, but didn't buy their Hikaris versions on clearance because they just seemed off (slightly too wide? Not sure). That said, some characters have turned out really well (certain versions of Spider-Man, Night King, Mickey Mouse etc.), but I still wouldn't pay more than $30 for them.
Poppin'

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Fri May 31, 2019 10:00 am

theraven00 wrote:

This! Also some of the designs/colors just seemed off. I collect TMNT, but didn't buy their Hikaris versions on clearance because they just seemed off (slightly too wide? Not sure). That said, some characters have turned out really well (certain versions of Spider-Man, Night King, Mickey Mouse etc.), but I still wouldn't pay more than $30 for them.

Moreover, the sizes of Hikari varies per character. Like Spider-Man is a big wider compared to Batman which is taller but slimmer.

I think doesn't bode well, given that it's one standard line, but you have various sizing with it.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:22 am

i just hate that the design/artistic skill that goes into the line is not noticed by everyone who collects pops...it could be a style that is in the grand minority, but i love everything about hikari and hope the line isn't dead.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:00 am

I wish the prices weren't so much more than Pops!

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:04 pm

Although I do collect some that I really love and some Batman Hikari, the price point is what's keeping me back...but they all are such brilliant pieces!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

FuegoGlorious

Postby FuegoGlorious » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:41 pm

Tony the Tiger Hikari, using a model that is less extravagant like the ones used for frankenberry.
:SW7a:

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:49 pm

Price point absolutely hurt Hikari, especially since normally a month later you could find them for 50% less.

There also is the problem like Shawn said "not a pop". There's a lot of buyers who only like the Pop aesthetic and pretty much turn down any other. It's not just a Hikari problem, it's nearly all of Funko's lines right now. The only line I can think of that can even sniff at Pop is their Mystery Minis.

Hikari were meant to target the "designer" collector.. but in comparison, they were poorly made and designer collectors don't like Funko for being too big or sellouts.

I loved the Hikari XS line and hope they continue forward since they're a much more manageable price point and space saver.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

Raypunz

Postby Raypunz » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:31 am

Price point is def a factor in these. I think $20-25'versions, with minimal releases could have people interested. imalso didn't buy ma y because they took up a lot of room, so with a smaller size and not as many releases, it's something I could potentially keep,up with.

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:39 am

Sarcasticguy wrote:Price point absolutely hurt Hikari, especially since normally a month later you could find them for 50% less.

There also is the problem like Shawn said "not a pop". There's a lot of buyers who only like the Pop aesthetic and pretty much turn down any other. It's not just a Hikari problem, it's nearly all of Funko's lines right now. The only line I can think of that can even sniff at Pop is their Mystery Minis.

Hikari were meant to target the "designer" collector.. but in comparison, they were poorly made and designer collectors don't like Funko for being too big or sellouts.

I loved the Hikari XS line and hope they continue forward since they're a much more manageable price point and space saver.

i agree that it was meant to be a designer toy - that is what appealed to me from the beginning. i do disagree with you about the quality - i don't think they were poorly made.

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:31 pm

I collect then SW Hikari XS line and hope that we get more. My biggest issue with the regular Hikari line is just being so far behind in getting all the SW ones and the lack of space to display them. Price isn't my biggest issue
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:38 pm

Right off the bat, they would need to incorporate more characters. They are stuck on the same ones. Price point isn't an issue to me. Quality cost money. If they expanded to other characters and a lower LE, that would be a good start.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:45 pm

jagpop wrote:Right off the bat, they would need to incorporate more characters. They are stuck on the same ones. Price point isn't an issue to me. Quality cost money. If they expanded to other characters and a lower LE, that would be a good start.

very strong points. when i think of it, we got like 5 or 6 skeletors..same with other characters like mickey mouse. expanding on the lines with different characters would definitely yield more buying traffic.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:47 pm

I would make them a little smaller than Rock Candy, cost around $12 and only put out the most popular characters. I think the price was everything, $80 from the get go scared most people off, I did that for a few of them and regret it. Even the few I bought with Hot Cash has me full of buyer remorse. They're awesome figures but I could have waited and gotten them at 1/3rd the price, or less.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

POPianato

Postby POPianato » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:24 am

For me personally, the price isn't what deters me. It's the fact that every one I buy is worth half what I pay for it. And yes, I get the "I should buy what I like because I like it and not because of future value" perspective. However, knowing they usually drop in price holds me back for some. Knowing they don't hold their value means not purchasing the "I kind of like that one" figures. I have most of the Freddy and Frankenberry (and I will continue to buy these when they come) but that is it. Unless they are a 100% must have, I just don't like the idea of spending money on "maybes" that lose value quicker than a new car right off the lot.

Ad Icon line would probably keep my interest. Add in some BooBerry, Count Chocula, Tony the Tiger and a Big Boy. These wiuld all get my.money.
ImageImage

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:49 am

POPianato wrote:For me personally, the price isn't what deters me. It's the fact that every one I buy is worth half what I pay for it. And yes, I get the "I should buy what I like because I like it and not because of future value" perspective. However, knowing they usually drop in price holds me back for some. Knowing they don't hold their value means not purchasing the "I kind of like that one" figures. I have most of the Freddy and Frankenberry (and I will continue to buy these when they come) but that is it. Unless they are a 100% must have, I just don't like the idea of spending money on "maybes" that lose value quicker than a new car right off the lot.

Ad Icon line would probably keep my interest. Add in some BooBerry, Count Chocula, Tony the Tiger and a Big Boy. These wiuld all get my.money.

I think this gets back to initial price point. The 50-80 price tag is hard to swallow. Especially when they released multiple colorways within weeks of each other. You could drop a couple hundred bucks real quick. And then there is the re-sell. I blew out most of my Hikari at a fraction of what I spent. I usually collect what I like, but with a line like Hikari I want to know that I will get most of money back if I decide to sell.

I thought they should have started the line with the smaller versions, then put out larger figures as small run exclusives. It might have helped with the buy-in. But it is what it is. I don't think the line can recover.
Funklub: 11181

POPianato

Postby POPianato » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:13 am

Squird wrote:
POPianato wrote:For me personally, the price isn't what deters me. It's the fact that every one I buy is worth half what I pay for it. And yes, I get the "I should buy what I like because I like it and not because of future value" perspective. However, knowing they usually drop in price holds me back for some. Knowing they don't hold their value means not purchasing the "I kind of like that one" figures. I have most of the Freddy and Frankenberry (and I will continue to buy these when they come) but that is it. Unless they are a 100% must have, I just don't like the idea of spending money on "maybes" that lose value quicker than a new car right off the lot.

I think this gets back to initial price point. The 50-80 price tag is hard to swallow. Especially when they released multiple colorways within weeks of each other. You could drop a couple hundred bucks real quick. And then there is the re-sell. I blew out most of my Hikari at a fraction of what I spent. I usually collect what I like, but with a line like Hikari I want to know that I will get most of money back if I decide to sell.

I thought they should have started the line with the smaller versions, then put out larger figures as small run exclusives. It might have helped with the buy-in. But it is what it is. I don't think the line can recover.

Yeah. It's the "security in my investment" I guess. Kind of similar to the $40 (with shipping) chrome Vegeta on Funimation right now. It's overpriced and as such hasn't sold out. Is it a popular POP? Yes. Is it sought after by most animation collectors? Yes. But at that price, it pushes people back.

I'll spend $50 - $80 here and there, but I'd spend it more often if I knew it was going to hold its value.
ImageImage

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:17 am

Great point of view and I agree. And yes, adding Ad Icons as Hikari figures would jump start this line immediately.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:57 am

Squird wrote:

well said. for me (sadly) i see any hikari buys as "unrecoverable" expenses...but i went into the purchase knowing and accepting that. i recognize for other collectors that same notion might not be the same.

and yes, unless a massive rebranding/relaunch takes place, i think its over.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:36 am

Very good question! I would say use a license that's ON FIRE right now, but I can't think of one. I agree with Casey, it's for sure that price!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

yasowat

Postby yasowat » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:53 pm

Maybe Lower LE numbers would make them more desirable? Niche market for sure but I think that currently licensed characters that are hot as mentioned above would be a bonus as well. The price point is fine with me, its just a matter of characters that I like. As long as the details and rarity is there, I will buy.

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:56 am

Personally, I love the unique look of most of the Hikari's, but I can see how the style doesn't appeal to everyone. I think if they wanted to be more "mainstream" with this line, they'd have to make the characters more visually appealing to the masses and stray from the unique appearance.
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:59 am

A friend gave me a few SW Hikaris. I love them. They will probably be my only ones in my collection ever, but I love them.

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:24 am

They could miniaturize the line to make it more affordable to everyone.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:29 pm

neonglow wrote:They could miniaturize the line to make it more affordable to everyone.

I think this is the best answer. Personally I love them but the cost is hard to swallow. Maybe half the size and half the price and relaunch just might work.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:00 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
neonglow wrote:They could miniaturize the line to make it more affordable to everyone.

I think this is the best answer. Personally I love them but the cost is hard to swallow. Maybe half the size and half the price and relaunch just might work.

for me, a mini/half size hikari just doesn't look the same as what we have today. not sure how many others feel this way but size and price were never the problem in my eyes.

stinks that i think the ship has indeed sailed on hikari ](*,)

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:47 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

for me, a mini/half size hikari just doesn't look the same as what we have today. not sure how many others feel this way but size and price were never the problem in my eyes.

stinks that i think the ship has indeed sailed on hikari ](*,)

Of course it wouldn't be the same but if trying to figure out a way for the hikari to live on may need some compromise to try and accommodate more people's interest. Definitely look better larger. But yes I agree the ship has probably already sailed right along with the wacky wobblers.

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:11 am

The Beasts of Fantastic Beasts and Harry Potter would be amazing..hippogryff, basilisk, fawkes the phoenix, niffler, mermaid, Kelpie...the possibilities are endless
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:15 am

Give anime a shot. That might give it a little nudge. But what Casey said is true too. The price point is kind of an issue :\
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

FunkoGus

Postby FunkoGus » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:38 am

Make them smaller and by the way anything over 15.00 makes fans think "do I really need this"

Return to “Hikari”