Star Wars Dorbz

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
bryan_sato54

Re: Star Wars Dorbz

Postby bryan_sato54 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:54 pm

finally something that i cant wait to collet...star wars will probably take over my three walls now
Hi Im Bryan & Im Pop Collector & Back to the Future Collector as well. \:D/

INSTAGRAM : BRTS054

maythefunkobewithyou

Postby maythefunkobewithyou » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:52 pm

bryan_sato54 wrote:finally something that i cant wait to collet...star wars will probably take over my three walls now

How has it not done so already... [-X

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:08 am

Can't wait for this! So glad Funko is bringing something this year unlike two years ago

jeffcrazy

Postby jeffcrazy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:13 pm

oh snap maybe I should have bought that Sorcerer's Pass for D23 after all.... no probably not still lol

Stanislava28

Postby Stanislava28 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:34 pm

super excited about this!!!! Would love to have Leia, Amidala, Rey and Jyn in Dorbz form!!!
:freddy3:

Popsaysyee

Postby Popsaysyee » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:22 am

Oh man, Funko just take all my money!! :mir1:
Jayson

ImageImageImage

Icetenka

Postby Icetenka » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:03 am

This makes me want to go to D23 now...
Wants:
Flash POP Proto

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:50 pm

According to Yoko on the new Funkast... Dorbz will NOT bobble, will NOT be on stands. They are NOT D23 exclusives. They are Disney Store exclusives.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:54 pm

jeffcrazy wrote:oh snap maybe I should have bought that Sorcerer's Pass for D23 after all.... no probably not still lol

$2,250 ... NOT! [-X
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:57 pm

StarWarner wrote:According to Yoko on the new Funkast... Dorbz will NOT bobble, will NOT be on stands. They are NOT D23 exclusives. They are Disney Store exclusives.

Yes! There is still hope to be able to avoid e-bay.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:00 pm

StarWarner wrote:According to Yoko on the new Funkast... Dorbz will NOT bobble, will NOT be on stands. They are NOT D23 exclusives. They are Disney Store exclusives.

Star Worbz was my favorite part lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:50 pm

maythefunkobewithyou wrote:
bryan_sato54 wrote:finally something that i cant wait to collet...star wars will probably take over my three walls now

i know right...well i guess its all about timing...another year of collecting dorbz...STAR WARS BABY!!!
Hi Im Bryan & Im Pop Collector & Back to the Future Collector as well. \:D/

INSTAGRAM : BRTS054

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:33 pm

bryan_sato54 wrote:

i know right...well i guess its all about timing...another year of collecting dorbz...STAR WARS BABY!!!

With Star Wars Dorbz, the new Disney Sub, SDCC and Funko Fundays, 2017 will go down in Funko Folklore as the year of the Funatic!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:55 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
bryan_sato54 wrote:

With Star Wars Dorbz, the new Disney Sub, SDCC and Funko Fundays, 2017 will go down in Funko Folklore as the year of the Funatic!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

And the year we all go broke lol
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:25 pm

willy wonka wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:
bryan_sato54 wrote:

And the year we all go broke lol

Say it isn't so Joe DiMaggio \:D/ !!!

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:29 pm

I went a little wild with the Star Wars pops and am now faced with making some cuts and purging since the numbers are out of control. Need to go into Dorbz with a collecting plan so I only get ones that I plan on keeping forever. I have decided that purging sucks and I don't want to do it. Thank goodness I will have a month or two to formulate a plan so I don't just buy all the things and end up sorting through everything later. Need to be logical about this. Except for Leia and Han, I'm getting every since Leia and Han variant. That's just a given. lol
Hi, I'm Merri!

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:31 pm

synergy56 wrote:I went a little wild with the Star Wars pops and am now faced with making some cuts and purging since the numbers are out of control. Need to go into Dorbz with a collecting plan so I only get ones that I plan on keeping forever. I have decided that purging sucks and I don't want to do it. Thank goodness I will have a month or two to formulate a plan so I don't just buy all the things and end up sorting through everything later. Need to be logical about this. Except for Leia and Han, I'm getting every since Leia and Han variant. That's just a given. lol

Is this your New Year's Resolution? :roflmao:

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:36 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:Is this your New Year's Resolution? :roflmao:

Hell yeah it is! I have like 200 or more Star Wars pops! I can't even display them all together unless I want them to take over my house (i know what you are all thinking, and no, I don't want them to take over my whole house, it is a choice I have made and i stick to that) At the very least i shouldn't own something if I didn't even know their name before the Pop was released. I'm looking at you, Ree-Yees! Why did I buy him? I know I'm never going to be complete because of all the old SDCC stuff thats like $1,000+ but I felt the need, and now I need to just keep stuff that I love. That is my story and I am sticking to it. I laugh in the face of temptation...and generally cave in to it's will, but I am still trying! \:D/
Hi, I'm Merri!

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:41 pm

synergy56 wrote:

Hell yeah it is! I have like 200 or more Star Wars pops! I can't even display them all together unless I want them to take over my house (i know what you are all thinking, and no, I don't want them to take over my whole house, it is a choice I have made and i stick to that) At the very least i shouldn't own something if I didn't even know their name before the Pop was released. I'm looking at you, Ree-Yees! Why did I buy him? I know I'm never going to be complete because of all the old SDCC stuff thats like $1,000+ but I felt the need, and now I need to just keep stuff that I love. That is my story and I am sticking to it. I laugh in the face of temptation...and generally cave in to it's will, but I am still trying! \:D/

Being human is this pits, ain't it? #-o

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:44 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
synergy56 wrote:

Being human is this pits, ain't it? #-o

lol
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:10 pm

I hope the Disney Store exclusivity is just a limited thing, otherwise I will never own a SW Dorb if they can only be sold from the Disney Store. I refuse to buy from their website after the disastrous experience I had with them. No one cares less about packaging than they do. They are a complete joke. Another problem is I don't have a retail location anywhere near me, so that's not an option. I'm worried this might be a stipulation in their licensing agreement, similar to Indy only getting con and park exclusives.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:13 pm

HaloHawk87 wrote:I hope the Disney Store exclusivity is just a limited thing, otherwise I will never own a SW Dorb if they can only be sold from the Disney Store. I refuse to buy from their website after the disastrous experience I had with them. No one cares less about packaging than they do. They are a complete joke. Another problem is I don't have a retail location anywhere near me, so that's not an option. I'm worried this might be a stipulation in their licensing agreement, similar to Indy only getting con and park exclusives.

Disney Pops started as Disney Store exclusives and they ended up everywhere so there's hope.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:19 pm

groundhog7s wrote:
HaloHawk87 wrote:I hope the Disney Store exclusivity is just a limited thing, otherwise I will never own a SW Dorb if they can only be sold from the Disney Store. I refuse to buy from their website after the disastrous experience I had with them. No one cares less about packaging than they do. They are a complete joke. Another problem is I don't have a retail location anywhere near me, so that's not an option. I'm worried this might be a stipulation in their licensing agreement, similar to Indy only getting con and park exclusives.

Disney Pops started as Disney Store exclusives and they ended up everywhere so there's hope.

I never knew that about Disney Pops. Gives me some hope that I can get some down the road.

Classier

Postby Classier » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:26 am

What happened? Whenever I order my Tsum Tsums from them (including box sets) they all come to my doorstep in near perfect condition.

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:43 am

synergy56 wrote:I went a little wild with the Star Wars pops and am now faced with making some cuts and purging since the numbers are out of control. Need to go into Dorbz with a collecting plan so I only get ones that I plan on keeping forever.

I'm right there with you. I've got sooooooo many SW Pops, and most of them are in bins in storage. I really enjoy the Pops I have out in my displays, but the ones in storage? What's the point? And will I ever have the space to display the over 100 SW Pops currently in storage? Doubtful. So while it's exciting to know we're getting SW Dorbz, I'm already thinking I need to be selective about what a buy. Ridez are a given, every Ridez will be an instabuy. The rest are going to require some hard decisions though!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:00 pm

I had a really bad experience with them recently too. Their customer service is something of a joke now. I've never had an actual problem with shipments I've received (only orders being majorly messed up on their end), but their packing does leave something to be desired. It'll either be a 18x24 box for a four inch item, or something larger squeezed into a soft mailer bag. It makes no sense.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

commodorefunko

Postby commodorefunko » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:56 pm

You all and your hard desisions on which ones to get. I'm not even going to kid myself, they're all going to be purchased by me. lol
Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Thankfully I've always been pretty selective even with Star Wars pops. Given how selective I am with SW AND with Dorbz in general I'll be shocked if I get any! lol lol (Unless down the road they make a Kit Fisto. That'll trigger the avalanche.)
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:26 pm

treswright wrote:
synergy56 wrote:I went a little wild with the Star Wars pops and am now faced with making some cuts and purging since the numbers are out of control. Need to go into Dorbz with a collecting plan so I only get ones that I plan on keeping forever.

I'm right there with you. I've got sooooooo many SW Pops, and most of them are in bins in storage. I really enjoy the Pops I have out in my displays, but the ones in storage? What's the point? And will I ever have the space to display the over 100 SW Pops currently in storage? Doubtful. So while it's exciting to know we're getting SW Dorbz, I'm already thinking I need to be selective about what a buy. Ridez are a given, every Ridez will be an instabuy. The rest are going to require some hard decisions though!

It looks like we are all in the same Khetanna. When I started collecting I just bought any and all Star Wars. I also have an enabler who talks me into Pops I'm iffy about. lol I've lost count of my SW collection. I need to make some serious cuts, too. It's going to be tough, but I know I don't have the space for all of them and I really want SW Dorbz.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:44 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:Thankfully I've always been pretty selective even with Star Wars pops. Given how selective I am with SW AND with Dorbz in general I'll be shocked if I get any! lol lol (Unless down the road they make a Kit Fisto. That'll trigger the avalanche.)

A Kit Fisto Dorbz would be outstanding! :SW9:

Nick IG: collector.badger

maythefunkobewithyou

Postby maythefunkobewithyou » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:22 pm

They will *NOT* be available outside the Disney Store. There will be no commons. *ALL* Star Wars Dorbz will *ONLY* be available at the Disney Store (Due to licensing). As Yoko said, it's the only way they could even make them. I guess some dorbz are better than no dorbz...

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:22 pm

Classier wrote:

What happened? Whenever I order my Tsum Tsums from them (including box sets) they all come to my doorstep in near perfect condition.

I received a Pop Ride that was badly damaged, and all they put in the shipping box to protect it is a piece of tissue paper. Also some of the damage had a look to it that only seemed possible if it was deliberately done by an employee at their warehouse.

Funko clarified the situation surrounding the availability of the SW Dorbz. They said they can only be sold from the Disney Store due to licensing issues, as I feared, and therefore there will be no commons. Disappointing news, but expected. It was probably the only way they could get around the bobble vs. no bobble situation. I hope they can somehow convince the licensee to allow for a wider release someday, but I expect it's gonna be like this for a long time.

EDIT: The above poster beat me to it. Ironically I learned the news from his Twitter account. A good account to follow for SW Funko news.

maythefunkobewithyou

Postby maythefunkobewithyou » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:54 pm

HaloHawk87 wrote:Funko clarified the situation surrounding the availability of the SW Dorbz. They said they can only be sold from the Disney Store due to licensing issues, as I feared, and therefore there will be no commons. Disappointing news, but expected. It was probably the only way they could get around the bobble vs. no bobble situation. I hope they can somehow convince the licensee to allow for a wider release someday, but I expect it's gonna be like this for a long time.

EDIT: The above poster beat me to it. Ironically I learned the news from his Twitter account. A good account to follow for SW Funko news.

Thank you for the kind words! Yeah, it is the only way to make them. Still, much better than Indy and being a park exclusive so I guess we should take what we can.

Classier

Postby Classier » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:26 pm

HaloHawk87 wrote:
Classier wrote:

I received a Pop Ride that was badly damaged, and all they put in the shipping box to protect it is a piece of tissue paper. Also some of the damage had a look to it that only seemed possible if it was deliberately done by an employee at their warehouse.

Funko clarified the situation surrounding the availability of the SW Dorbz. They said they can only be sold from the Disney Store due to licensing issues, as I feared, and therefore there will be no commons. Disappointing news, but expected. It was probably the only way they could get around the bobble vs. no bobble situation. I hope they can somehow convince the licensee to allow for a wider release someday, but I expect it's gonna be like this for a long time.

Ah, that sucks. Sorry you won't be able to get any of the Dorbz. :(

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:31 pm

HaloHawk87 wrote:otherwise I will never own a SW Dorbz if they can only be sold from the Disney Store.

Never say never. I'm sure there are plenty of Funatics, myself included, who would pick up stuff from a Disney Store and ship it to you with care. Don't let a bad experience with a retailer completely ruin your expectations for owning something you want.

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:51 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
HaloHawk87 wrote:otherwise I will never own a SW Dorbz if they can only be sold from the Disney Store.

Never say never. I'm sure there are plenty of Funatics, myself included, who would pick up stuff from a Disney Store and ship it to you with care. Don't let a bad experience with a retailer completely ruin your expectations for owning something you want.

That's true. I hate asking for help, but that is a possibility. There's a lot of very helpful people on here.

The closest Disney Store to me is the one in Mall of America, assuming it's still there. It's pretty far, so I only go there once every 3-5 years. That's a possibility as well, but an option I won't be able to use too often.

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Are there going to be exclusives at D23 then different DORBZ at Disney store? Or are we able to get the D23 exclusives at the disney store.

I need these - NOW
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

Eloy

Postby Eloy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:08 pm

I seriously cannot wait for these! I hope the stores get the same exclusive as D23.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:00 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:

Bad news ... After multiple calls, I just got off the phone with a Disney store worker who also works D23. She said the Star Wars Dorbz exclusives will only be available at the Disney Store inside of the Convention. Other Disney Stores, including the one on the Disney Walk next to Disneyland will not be carrying them.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:14 pm

No offense, but I'm not sure I'd take the word of a random Disney employee 5 months before the event. We'll find out what's up later.

Return to “Dorbz”