Are Dorbz done???

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
rexflexall

Re: No more?

Postby rexflexall » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:04 am

Need more Dorbz! I haven't seen much lately of any.

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:12 pm

Is anyone going to the Funko Hollywood opening? If you are and you catch someone working at Funko maybe you can ask if Dorbz are still going
It doesn't matter the amount you have or length you collected, but that you're happy with what you own

Current Goal: Get The Three Caballeros created as Pops

Getting there, we got Caballeros Loungefly for 2020!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:07 pm

Have been doing alot of cleaning up and reorganization. Ran across lots of dorbz that made me start thinking? What ever happened to all the dorbz?

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:30 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Have been doing alot of cleaning up and reorganization. Ran across lots of dorbz that made me start thinking? What ever happened to all the dorbz?

I don't know, but I love em...wish there were some new ones
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:14 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Have been doing alot of cleaning up and reorganization. Ran across lots of dorbz that made me start thinking? What ever happened to all the dorbz?

I couldn't agree with you more. My favorite line that has stopped that I wish would start back up is the wacky wobblers.

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:12 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more. My favorite line that has stopped that I wish would start back up is the wacky wobblers.

OMG yes...we NEED more Wacky Wobblers!!!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

TanyaTate

Postby TanyaTate » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:42 pm

Charger14 wrote:I'm still waiting for some new Nodniks. lol

That would be funny if a new wave randomly came out.
WANTED: Hanna Barbara Huckleberry Hound POP Dark Purple, Light Purple, Orange, Red, Pink, Green and Dorbz Purple, Orange
My Youtube Channel

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:34 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

OMG yes...we NEED more Wacky Wobblers!!!

Wacky wobblers rule!

Thechuh316

Postby Thechuh316 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:39 pm

Skatervic23 wrote:
Thechuh316 wrote:Are dorbZ officially no more? Haven’t seen one released in a very long time. Does this mean there’s not a chance at all?

Hear gossip no more dorbz and hiki too

Yeah seems that way
So Shines a good deed in a weary World!
:freddy2:

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:47 pm

It was fun while it lasted. I really like Dorbz, but I do go back and forth haha
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:06 pm

Looking at images at Funko Hollywood they were selling Dorbz. Not just the Funko shop ones but commons

So maybe? It's hard to get a look at what this company does but when you make $600 million a year I don't think spending a couple thousand of that to produce a line that they move all the products for anyway and keeps fans happy is that big of an investment
It doesn't matter the amount you have or length you collected, but that you're happy with what you own

Funkofan21

Postby Funkofan21 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:53 pm

GettingSodas wrote:It was fun while it lasted. I really like Dorbz, but I do go back and forth haha

It sure was. Hopefully we still get a few more trickling down
:freddy2:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theshowman619

Postby Theshowman619 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:49 am

Yeah, they had a very small section of dorbz at the grand opening today. I’ve been picking up cheap dorbz that I need every now and then.
:freddy4: ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Rhoads

Postby Rhoads » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:47 am

I had a decent amount of dorbz but I honestly couldn't justify buying more. Pops already take up way too much space in my room.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:20 pm

Optimistic wrote:Looking at images at Funko Hollywood they were selling Dorbz. Not just the Funko shop ones but commons

So maybe? It's hard to get a look at what this company does but when you make $600 million a year I don't think spending a couple thousand of that to produce a line that they move all the products for anyway and keeps fans happy is that big of an investment

all valid points, except i think the cost to mass produce any toy/product goes go beyond 'a couple of thousand"...

factor in licensing costs, design costs, company overhead, production costs, shipping/distribution....then on top of that you need to make a profit...most business models aren't based on a few items making profit, most company's want everything they make to generate profit or they stop making what isn't making the cut...

with that said, yes i want more dorbz lol
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

3rd Place in 2019 Rookie Custom Contest

Nooklin

Are Dorbz going the way of Hikari?

Postby Nooklin » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:14 pm

I saw a rumor that 2020 would see the retirement of Dorbz, 5 Star, and Rock Candy. Does anyone know if this is true? There seems to be some evidence to this as there is a lack of new Dorbz and they are now showing up at dollar stores.

lavery01

Re: Are Dorbz going the way of Hikari?

Postby lavery01 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:03 pm

There have been many conversations about this on this forum but I don’t think anything has been confirmed. #-o
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:18 am

Nooklin wrote:I saw a rumor that 2020 would see the retirement of Dorbz, 5 Star, and Rock Candy. Does anyone know if this is true? There seems to be some evidence to this as there is a lack of new Dorbz and they are now showing up at dollar stores.

I think it's more of a forgone conclusion than anything that has been announced.
Poppin'

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:07 am

If I was running Funko I'd like to keep my options open. By making a formal announcement you draw attention to a product that maybe wasn't a super success - not good. But if you just stay silent, you reserve the right to bring the item back at a later time if the market trends become more favorable.

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:24 am

I was pretty adamant that this line had a future even in rough spots, one of the most confident on here. But yeah it's over. There's no coming back from going to clearance out your numbered exclusives for under $3 when Funko Shop was the last place for them to go. Funko staff trying to skirt around discussing it is another sign

I don't even think it's they sold so poorly, it's that Funko is moving to an entirely corporate company after the IPO and they don't have room for little lines like this that aren't Pop level. Brian also is more into Pez now, and he got all his "essentials" down outside Big Boy and maybe some HB characters so there's no care to keep it going.

Overall I think it did pretty good with hundreds of releases. We only missed a couple vital releases (Some of the ad icons, Venom, Donald and Minnie, the main Flintstones cast among others) but got many in return. I'm very grateful that last push gave us some closure by giving us Toy Story, Marvin the Martian, Rice Krispies, and finishing off the Rugrats line among others.

I hope Brian has the balls to announce the line's end instead of making people hold onto false hope. But thank you for making easily the best line Funko has ever made

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:43 am

Optimistic wrote: Brian also is more into Pez now

Brian has always been more into Pez. Pez is Brian's passion, so the fact that he was able to re-vitalize it again in Funko is more than likely a dream come true for him. It's also pretty popular, not only among Funko fans but Pez Heads as well.

Optimistic wrote:I hope Brian has the balls to announce the line's end instead of making people hold onto false hope.

This is pretty rough. Funko generally does not announce that a line has ended/died. Like others have said, it's a way to keep the ability to release new things in case they see an IP that will definitely sell. Honestly, it's more ballsy trying to sneak in a release here or there like they have instead of just giving up.

I liked dorbz as well, but as a lot of us have seen/known it's going to be very hard to topple the Pop fervor. Maybe if Pop/Funko get less popular over time, they'll be able to release a product that will be the new hit... but for now, most things will fall 2nd place.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:13 am

I liked the dorbz line. The winnie the pooh line is probably my favorite.
Just call me Joe...

ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Metallic Mad Hatter Wobbler, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:49 pm

Don’t think they will do an official announcement, that way they can always release random dorbz in the future ie the got dragons a few months ago on funko shop
Instagram- calebshiny

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:27 am

Stat32111 wrote:Don’t think they will do an official announcement, that way they can always release random dorbz in the future ie the got dragons a few months ago on funko shop

Maybe they're just slowly releasing old stock instead of flooding the market with all the Dorbz that will never sell?
Poppin'

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:13 am

mongoose12 wrote:If I was running Funko I'd like to keep my options open. By making a formal announcement you draw attention to a product that maybe wasn't a super success - not good. But if you just stay silent, you reserve the right to bring the item back at a later time if the market trends become more favorable.

This guy gets it! I personally hope the market trends in a way that we can see Dorbz make a comeback.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:15 am

theraven00 wrote:
Stat32111 wrote:Don’t think they will do an official announcement, that way they can always release random dorbz in the future ie the got dragons a few months ago on funko shop

Maybe they're just slowly releasing old stock instead of flooding the market with all the Dorbz that will never sell?

This is an interesting theory and one that makes complete sense. Depending on the line, they wouldn’t be able to sit on certain ones for a whole lot of time.

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:31 am

I do wish Funko would announce that they are putting a line on hiatus for 6 months, a year or? Use it to build up hype. That may be a way to reignite a line like Dorbz. Make them into a “season” type of line where every year there a limited number released. Maybe they are random characters or tied to a high profile movie or show. A baby Yoda Dorbz is a no brainer. Not making one is money left on the table.
Hi! I'm Eric

Image Image
ImageImage Image

Grossanator9

Postby Grossanator9 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:47 pm

Vinyl Idolz left us too. Never say never but it's just how products go. Where's the demand for a product and it's not there.
Jason Grohoske
Ghostbustin' Since 1987
Follow me on The Gram

ISO Erin Gilbert & Jillian Holtzmann Protos

PhoenixFire31

Postby PhoenixFire31 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:59 pm

Sadly I think we've seen the official end of Dorbz with those Funko Shop ones showing up in the 99 cent stores and stuff. :(
ISO:
Horizon Zero Dawn humans and sawtooth mini protos
Gargoyles pop protos
ESO Dwarven Defender proto

YeetGrimes

Postby YeetGrimes » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:45 pm

I feel like Pop!s are getting in the way of everything lol Not that I don't like Pop!s, I just wish these smaller lines continued.
Hiya, I'm Julie (AKA the Pennywise cosplayer at Funko Fundays)! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias:

Instagram: @julie.swaglord.grimes
Twitter: @YeetGrimes
ImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:32 pm

Kal-El-051 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:If I was running Funko I'd like to keep my options open. By making a formal announcement you draw attention to a product that maybe wasn't a super success - not good. But if you just stay silent, you reserve the right to bring the item back at a later time if the market trends become more favorable.

This guy gets it! I personally hope the market trends in a way that we can see Dorbz make a comeback.

We all want more dorbz lol

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:54 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:

This is an interesting theory and one that makes complete sense. Depending on the line, they wouldn’t be able to sit on certain ones for a whole lot of time.

True, but they could always sell less relevant ones as Comic-Con exclusives. It's not like those releases are always relevant to current shows/movies, etc.
Poppin'

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:46 pm

theraven00 wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:Maybe they're just slowly releasing old stock instead of flooding the market with all the Dorbz that will never sell?

True, but they could always sell less relevant ones as Comic-Con exclusives. It's not like those releases are always relevant to current shows/movies, etc.

If they continued to release them like they did the Cap/Red Skull two pack or the Kryptonite/Ace two pack I would be happy.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:47 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

I bet you have all the Dorbz ever released. I have heard the rumors of you being the Dorbz king?

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:03 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

I bet you have all the Dorbz ever released. I have heard the rumors of you being the Dorbz king?

hmmm

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:43 am

Dorbz are cool my fav is still stan lee, I am a fan of the XL dorbz they need to make more large dorbz, funko must have lots of inventory, smart for them to sell off there old inventory instead of getting stuck with the inventory and we get luck out, funko can learn that people are willing to pay 3 bucks for dorbz, make more at that price range and we will buy more
:freddy3:

CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:46 am

mongoose12 wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

hmmm

He's the king of all merch! :eek:
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:52 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

hmmm

lol hogwash...i'm a recluse ;-)

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:32 am

This topic comes up fairly frequently but Funko usually doesn’t announce the end of a line. It was sad when Wacky Wobblers basically came to end a couple years ago,which is the product that kept Funko alive for 13+ years, but they didn’t come out and say that they’re done. They do random drops of numbered pieces time to time on the shop (which I like and wish they would do more with other non pop items).

Dorbz are cool and this is not a bad time to be a fan of them because you can get many for cheap. I’ve been trying to get more of them recently myself. Just because we don’t get weekly announcements of them doesn’t mean they’re completely gone...yet and if that’s the case, then that’s ok. Disappointing but Funko knows that POP is the current king right now and they’ll continue to put them out until they stop selling.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:16 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
hmmm

lol hogwash...i'm a recluse ;-)

Haha! I am going to side with Mr. Jones here. Mongoose! King of all the Merch! :cheers:

Return to “Dorbz”