Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

ECCC 2017 Dorbz

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
odnar

Re: ECCC 2017 Dorbz

Postby odnar » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:05 am

I just ordered the Green Arrow and Black Canary ECCC/TRU dorbz 2 pack also after I saw it on reddit:

https://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp ... =119356236

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:33 am

This is what I get for not being patient. ](*,) I can't grab it right now but hopefully it'll be there when I can.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:33 am

Oos online. Maybe they will restock. :razz:
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:47 pm

I was able to grab the 2-pack this morning. Hooray for not being able to sleep in on a Sunday! :)
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:48 pm

Just got my shipping notice from TRU. Woot!
Team Dorbz 4 Life

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:04 pm

After Gazoo going up a week late, this is what B&N sent me... I get that you can't always have a box in immaculate condition so I overlook most things, but this one hurts me. I'm wondering if they actually sent it like this, the box it was shipped it in has a tear but it's on a side the Dorbz wasn't even touching and the side it was touching has a tiny dent but otherwise it's fine. Nowhere near like what the actual Dorbz box looked like.

Spoiler: show

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:08 pm

Ugh that's painful to look at :( Sorry to hear about your experience. I'm not sure what B&N's exchange policy is, but maybe they'd send you another?
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:09 pm

ya that's pretty bad if it was shipped like that... I'm OOB with all my dorbz but would still be a bit p*** if it showed up like that.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:49 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Ugh that's painful to look at :( Sorry to hear about your experience. I'm not sure what B&N's exchange policy is, but maybe they'd send you another?

I looked on their help stuff and it just says return for a refund, so I emailed them asking if it's possible to get a replacement instead.

funkystark wrote:ya that's pretty bad if it was shipped like that... I'm OOB with all my dorbz but would still be a bit p*** if it showed up like that.

Yeah I'm OOB too, so I let a lot more than most slide about box condition but this was terrible. The main problem I think is the shipping box isn't big enough for the Dorbz box. And it's all in one corner instead of turned where it's in the middle with the air bags on the top and bottom or something.

(this is the side against the damaged part of the box, so you can see the box itself isn't as damaged as the contents)

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:53 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:.

Can you point Kevin in the right direction? I figured you were the best guy to call upon for some help :)
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:12 pm

This hurts. I'm sorry you received it in that condition! As for an exchange, I would first check to see if it was in stock at one of your local BN and speak with someone there. If they do, I'd see if they would do an exchange for you in store and that way you can see the box ahead of time and everything. We've had people return damaged boxed items before, and it might depend a little on the manager, but for the most part it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to just do an even exchange. (They'd just damage out the one you brought back anyway.)

If that doesn't work, then let me know. I get paid Thursday evening and provided we have them in stock, I'd be happy to buy one and exchange it with yours. I'm not sure what the online policy is for exchanges (a lot of the times it's seen as a separate entity from the physical stores) since most people will bring them into the store around here and we just handle it, but I want to make sure you get the product you paid for in good condition.

And, if all else fails, you can just return it in store and my offer to try and buy you one will still stand. (This is all hinges on whether we've got one when I go in or not, so I apologize in advance if we've sold out.) I really hope this gets sorted for you, Kevin.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:12 am

Green Arrow2-pack is back up.

Edited because I typed "lantern" instead of "Arrow". Lol

Last edited by PopGoestheJess on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:10 am

Sold out again. :/
Team Dorbz 4 Life

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:05 am

I keep missing this two pack!

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:53 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:This hurts. I'm sorry you received it in that condition! As for an exchange, I would first check to see if it was in stock at one of your local BN and speak with someone there. If they do, I'd see if they would do an exchange for you in store and that way you can see the box ahead of time and everything. We've had people return damaged boxed items before, and it might depend a little on the manager, but for the most part it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to just do an even exchange. (They'd just damage out the one you brought back anyway.)

If that doesn't work, then let me know. I get paid Thursday evening and provided we have them in stock, I'd be happy to buy one and exchange it with yours. I'm not sure what the online policy is for exchanges (a lot of the times it's seen as a separate entity from the physical stores) since most people will bring them into the store around here and we just handle it, but I want to make sure you get the product you paid for in good condition.

And, if all else fails, you can just return it in store and my offer to try and buy you one will still stand. (This is all hinges on whether we've got one when I go in or not, so I apologize in advance if we've sold out.) I really hope this gets sorted for you, Kevin.

BN.com shows my store has it, but it's 20 miles away... which isn't that bad distance wise but it's in an area that has heavy traffic 24/7 which adds about 10 minutes to the travel time and pretty much the opposite direction of everything else I go to frequently. So I'd hate to go all that way and them not exchange it, or if the person who I speak to on the phone isn't there when I am able to go and the people who are wouldn't do it. I've been waiting for them to email me back, but they still haven't yet.

I appreciate the offer, but I can't really pay more for it than what I spent on the website ($26.47) right now and I know the shipping cost would be a pain in the butt lol If they don't reply soon I might try emailing again, or take my chances at the store.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:04 pm

kevin87 wrote:BN.com shows my store has it, but it's 20 miles away... which isn't that bad distance wise but it's in an area that has heavy traffic 24/7 which adds about 10 minutes to the travel time and pretty much the opposite direction of everything else I go to frequently. So I'd hate to go all that way and them not exchange it, or if the person who I speak to on the phone isn't there when I am able to go and the people who are wouldn't do it. I've been waiting for them to email me back, but they still haven't yet.

I appreciate the offer, but I can't really pay more for it than what I spent on the website ($26.47) right now and I know the shipping cost would be a pain in the butt lol If they don't reply soon I might try emailing again, or take my chances at the store.

I have one on hold (we had two left) and will pick it up tomorrow so let me know. I would pay you back for shipping and everything. It just wouldn't be until next week when I could send it out. But I hope it all works out! Let me know how you want to proceed. I've got your back!

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:41 pm

For those who missed the toysrus Green Arrow two pack, I found them in store today! I missed it online, and found it in store by chance. It was just shoved on a shelf with no tag, and no like product.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:40 pm

allcutethings2 wrote:For those who missed the toysrus Green Arrow two pack, I found them in store today! I missed it online, and found it in store by chance. It was just shoved on a shelf with no tag, and no like product.

That's cool congrats Rachel.
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

treswright

Postby treswright » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:36 am

PopGoestheJess wrote:Green Arrow2-pack is back up.

Edited because I typed "lantern" instead of "Arrow". Lol

Up again!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:39 pm

My local B&N got 4 of the Great Gazoo Ridez, so they're definitely showing up now, and in decent numbers. I assumed my store would get 2 max. No Peppermint Patty Pops, though.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:45 pm

My TRU two-pack arrived today. It's fantastic!
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:36 pm

I emailed B&N again, they finally replied using their ticket service on their website. Sent me a replacement, shipped last night and arrived today due to Next Day Air. They must really want to get their replacements out there lol Apart from a two little typical dings/bends you'd expect from this sort of cardboard that you even see in stores, it was in perfect condition. They made me do UPS as a return and the box was too big for the drop boxes, and the closest UPS Store is about 10 miles away, so I just waited until the guy delivered the replacement and gave him the return :razz:

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:02 pm

kevin87 wrote:I emailed B&N again, they finally replied using their ticket service on their website. Sent me a replacement, shipped last night and arrived today due to Next Day Air. They must really want to get their replacements out there lol Apart from a two little typical dings/bends you'd expect from this sort of cardboard that you even see in stores, it was in perfect condition. They made me do UPS as a return and the box was too big for the drop boxes, and the closest UPS Store is about 10 miles away, so I just waited until the guy delivered the replacement and gave him the return :razz:

I'm so glad it worked out for you! :cheers: Hope this is the last time that happens.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:19 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
kevin87 wrote:I emailed B&N again, they finally replied using their ticket service on their website. Sent me a replacement, shipped last night and arrived today due to Next Day Air. They must really want to get their replacements out there lol Apart from a two little typical dings/bends you'd expect from this sort of cardboard that you even see in stores, it was in perfect condition. They made me do UPS as a return and the box was too big for the drop boxes, and the closest UPS Store is about 10 miles away, so I just waited until the guy delivered the replacement and gave him the return :razz:

I'm so glad it worked out for you! :cheers: Hope this is the last time that happens.

Makes me wonder if it was in fact damaged before boxed up, or if just spending a night on a plane instead of days on trucks helped lol

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:26 pm

kevin87 wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

Makes me wonder if it was in fact damaged before boxed up, or if just spending a night on a plane instead of days on trucks helped lol

Probably a little of both. We have definitely gotten product that's been smashed and broken before. I was in receiving and one of the boxes had a crushed lego kit inside. #-o

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:02 am

If anyone needs a Gazoo check out the sales thread. :wink: :wink:
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Pavehawk78

Postby Pavehawk78 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:41 pm

Green Arrow 2 pack - Back in stock!
Last edited by Pavehawk78 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:53 pm

They made a lot of these apparently. Hopefully everyone that wanted one, got one.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:54 pm

I did not plan on the Green Arrow 2 pack but I found one in-store and they looked too cool to pass on! So that officially made me complete on ECCC Dorbz. I've got to say the show stealer is the Spastiks though, so incredibly cool!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

odnar

Postby odnar » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:03 pm

Oh yeah that GA/BC 2 Pack is sweet. Terrible packing by TRU but remarkably they arrived intact and pretty minty! :cheers:

fmp398

Postby fmp398 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:16 am

Was able to score the GA 2 pk on eBay for almost retail pricing! Totally worth it for since it saved me time driving out to hunt for something that might not even be available. Really digging the classic comic book look for these.

hikanteki

Postby hikanteki » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:34 pm

My B&N still has a couple of the Gazoos. Looks like there were plenty to go around. Do B&N coupons work on them? A few years ago they weren't supposed to work on the Convention Exclusives, but they ended up working on the 6" GotG Dorbz anyway.
David here. Pleased to meet you! =)

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:12 pm

hikanteki wrote:My B&N still has a couple of the Gazoos. Looks like there were plenty to go around. Do B&N coupons work on them? A few years ago they weren't supposed to work on the Convention Exclusives, but they ended up working on the 6" GotG Dorbz anyway.

It shouldn't be a problem? I haven't had anyone ever try to use coupons on con exclusives though so the worst that'll happen is it'll say "requirements not met" and from there if you have a cashier who's willing to be lenient it's an easy thing to apply to coupon manually.

Can't speak for online though.

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:30 pm

hikanteki wrote:My B&N still has a couple of the Gazoos. Looks like there were plenty to go around. Do B&N coupons work on them? A few years ago they weren't supposed to work on the Convention Exclusives, but they ended up working on the 6" GotG Dorbz anyway.

Worked for me when I bought mine. Used one of the 20% mailer coupons.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

fmp398

Postby fmp398 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:09 am

My B&N just restocked a handful of Peppermint Patty and 4 Gazoos this past Sunday.

Return to “Dorbz”