Where to get SDCC Dorbz

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Cazzra

Where to get SDCC Dorbz

Postby Cazzra » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:45 am

Hey guys :D

Just wondering where I or anyone else can get their hands on the SDCC Dorbz please?

I've fallen in love with Dorbz along with my many Pops and need to know where I can secure my first lot of exclusives from. :sign2:

Any suggestions/leads/offers would be much appreciated.

Cazz :love1:

Cazzra

Re: Where to get SDCC Dorbz

Postby Cazzra » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:11 pm

P.S. Google hasn't been kind to me lol

hikanteki

Postby hikanteki » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:27 pm

Barnes & Noble online still has both of the 6” exclusives: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/dorbz+XL

So far, I’ve only seen the rest of them on eBay, but the prices are too high. They don’t seem to be selling so the prices will probably come down soon. Gemini will put them up also, but they haven’t yet.
David here. Pleased to meet you! =)

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:29 pm

I assume you want the DC ones? :) As of now only at te con and Ebay. Keep an eye out on Fugitive Toys and Gemini Collectibles for when they put up some/more SDCC figures.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Cazzra

Postby Cazzra » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:53 am

Thanks guys you're amazing :)

I was looking for them all because I have lost track of all the SDCC stuff and currently don't have any one them O:)

The con exclusive ones will be hard to get but I'm determined! This is one of those things I want to be in from the start. The problem is they're so darn heavy shipping is a killer.

Also I don't know if I could stop myself from hugging them lol

If anyone ever sees any leads or anything please let me know :) I just realised my reply notifications were going to junk so I've fixed that now.

Thanks again :D

Cazzra

Postby Cazzra » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:57 am

P.S. I have already warned people to begin with I'm going to be smiley crazy so I apologize for that.

GraphicSilence

Postby GraphicSilence » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:35 pm

There are two Dorbz XL "Summer convention exclusives" at my Barnes and Noble. PM me if you want me to pick them up.

Grail: Batman Freddy
Desperately want: Flashpoint Batman, SDCC Blue Batman.

GraphicSilence

Postby GraphicSilence » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:53 am

Is ebay really the only place to get the SDCC dorbz? I am looking for the two Batman variants. I haven't seen them anywhere but ebay. :(

0xTurtle
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby 0xTurtle » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:47 am

I'm still waiting too :) hopefully all this patience pays off! The XLs are available at HT (online) and B&N (store and online) but the regular-sized ones... still waiting lol
Hiya, everyone calls me, well, Turtle.
ISO: DEK Chet | Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite) Pop proto

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:52 am

Hot Topic had the 1966 Batman Dorbz XL on their site. I picked mine up Tuesday and it is amazing!!!!!
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:36 pm

Battastic wrote:Hot Topic had the 1966 Batman Dorbz XL on their site. I picked mine up Tuesday and it is amazing!!!!!

I actually saw it at my local Hot Topic. He looks awesome!! And surprisingly he doesn't weight much at all, the only heavy part was the price $32.50 ticketed.
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie *Funko Fiends Secretary/Treasurer* June 2017 COTM
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

S3TH_

Postby S3TH_ » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:51 pm

Some of the SDCC Dorbz prices are starting to worry me. At this point I don't care which one I get because they're all cool, I just hope something shows up on Gemini.
Hey I'm Seth.

Started collecting on 12/24/14
Pop! count: 64 + 1 Proto
Dorbz count: 6
Mystery Mini count: 4
In mail: Collector Corps
Newest Funko Item: Amazon Exclusive Deadpool
Most wanted currently: Groot, Spider-Man/Iron Spider, FYE Deadpool

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:59 am

MorbidGee wrote:
Battastic wrote:Hot Topic had the 1966 Batman Dorbz XL on their site. I picked mine up Tuesday and it is amazing!!!!!

I actually saw it at my local Hot Topic. He looks awesome!! And surprisingly he doesn't weight much at all, the only heavy part was the price $32.50 ticketed.

I ordered it online while the hotcash was still going. Picked it up for $17.50!!!
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

BlueberryWaffles

Postby BlueberryWaffles » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:04 pm

I saw both of the SDCC GOTG Dorbz at B&N today. I might go back and get mossy Groot.
Total Pop count: 60
First Pop: Green Lantern
Most recent Pop: BB-8
Grail: SDCC 2014 exploding Stay Puft (GITD version)

hikanteki

Postby hikanteki » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:46 pm

So far, the 6” ones (Groot, Rocket, 1966 Batman) have shown up at Barnes & Noble or Hot Topic, but I have not seen the 3” ones (Groot, X-Force Deapool, Thrillkill Batman). Are these possibly going to become hot items? Or will they show up in masse months down the road?

S3TH_

Postby S3TH_ » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:23 pm

hikanteki wrote:So far, the 6” ones (Groot, Rocket, 1966 Batman) have shown up at Barnes & Noble or Hot Topic, but I have not seen the 3” ones (Groot, X-Force Deapool, Thrillkill Batman). Are these possibly going to become hot items? Or will they show up in masse months down the road?

The normal Dorbz were limited to 500 pieces, so they won't be in stores. They're already going for $30+ on eBay, if you want one I would buy it sooner rather than later, with how popular Dorbz will be/are becoming, their prices will more than likely get higher.
Hey I'm Seth.

Started collecting on 12/24/14
Pop! count: 64 + 1 Proto
Dorbz count: 6
Mystery Mini count: 4
In mail: Collector Corps
Newest Funko Item: Amazon Exclusive Deadpool
Most wanted currently: Groot, Spider-Man/Iron Spider, FYE Deadpool

hikanteki

Postby hikanteki » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:16 pm

S3TH_ wrote:
hikanteki wrote:So far, the 6” ones (Groot, Rocket, 1966 Batman) have shown up at Barnes & Noble or Hot Topic, but I have not seen the 3” ones (Groot, X-Force Deapool, Thrillkill Batman). Are these possibly going to become hot items? Or will they show up in masse months down the road?

The normal Dorbz were limited to 500 pieces, so they won't be in stores. They're already going for $30+ on eBay, if you want one I would buy it sooner rather than later, with how popular Dorbz will be/are becoming, their prices will more than likely get higher.

I’m not sure how to gauge the demand of the Dorbz yet. Limited pieces sometimes end up flooding the market later.

The flocked rainbow Hello Kitty vinyls from SDCC 2013 were limited to 480, but 3 of the 4 (or 5, if you count pink) colors are still up on Gemini, for lower than list price.

It’s common for SDCC pieces to sell high on eBay right after the con, and then drop a couple months later when hype has worn off. Then the price slowly goes back up again (or drops even further). On rare occasions the price starts high and stays high, but I’m not sure that’s going to be the case with the Dorbz.

GraphicSilence

Postby GraphicSilence » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:20 pm

I really want the SDCC Batman dorbz. I'm hoping they come down in price soon. I really hate how the people on ebay try to gouge buyers. :(

hikanteki

Postby hikanteki » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:36 pm

GraphicSilence wrote:I really want the SDCC Batman dorbz. I'm hoping they come down in price soon. I really hate how the people on ebay try to gouge buyers. :(

Unless it’s Buy-It-Now, the buyers on eBay are doing it to themselves.

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:36 am

hikanteki wrote:
GraphicSilence wrote:I really want the SDCC Batman dorbz. I'm hoping they come down in price soon. I really hate how the people on ebay try to gouge buyers. :(

Exactly
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

ZeoVGM

Postby ZeoVGM » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:18 pm

Hm, anything on this yet? Even the Batman Dorbz XL is at Hot Topic now so I'm surprised the normal SDCC Dorbz haven't shown up anywhere.

freelance86

Postby freelance86 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:25 pm

ZeoVGM wrote:Hm, anything on this yet? Even the Batman Dorbz XL is at Hot Topic now so I'm surprised the normal SDCC Dorbz haven't shown up anywhere.

The normal ones were limited edition 500 pieces weren't they? If that's correct then they probably won't show up anywhere... I know a store here has the 3" inch Mossy Groot but they actually picked it up from SDCC.
Scott

GraphicSilence

Postby GraphicSilence » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:53 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:
hikanteki wrote:

Exactly

I didn't mean the regular auctions.

stacyinil

Postby stacyinil » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:37 am

The B&N I stopped at on Saturday had the SDCC XL Dorbz of Groot and Rocket for half off in the clearance bins. They had 2 Groots and 1 Rocket. I had one of each in my hands, but another collector grabbed the last Groot and was interested in Rocket, so since I was waffling, I let her have him.

Stacy in IL

Cazzra

Postby Cazzra » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:51 am

I missed all of these.
I want to thank everyone who took the time to try and help me. I apologise for not getting back to you all sooner. I have missed out on a lot because of this and simply the fact you were willing is enough to make me feel special. Thank you all so much Xoxo

Return to “Dorbz”