Dorbz Selling Good?

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Dxtra30

Dorbz Selling Good?

Postby Dxtra30 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:48 am

I'm just wondering how is the Dorbz line selling? Have they been popular since they were released? I wasn't for sure if Brian put an update out there or what. TIA!

JsinLegacy

Re: Dorbz Selling Good?

Postby JsinLegacy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:30 pm

I feel like they've been well received. I think a lot of people are waiting for newer ones to come out and the line to grow. I know I've been patiently waiting for the Hulk to show up.

Top ISO
1. Apollo Freddy 2. 18" Retro Freddy Skeletor 3. Retro Freddy Skeletor

Instagram : JsinLegacy

Team BACON

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:37 pm

According to Yoko and Cameron they have been well received. Funko is planning on releasing a lot more this year. You can hear them talk about this at 16:30 on this video:
[youtube]NiBKOF-dKLs[/youtube]
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

Dxtra30

Postby Dxtra30 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:42 pm

Wow, thanks for the info everybody.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:59 pm

I'm just shocked the first Thor Dorbz is a classic one, yet there is no classic Thor Funko POP!? Them little boogers are so cute!!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

ZeoVGM

Postby ZeoVGM » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:19 am

I feel like they've been received well but they don't seem to be moving at the stores around me at all. I'm hoping Funko makes a bigger marketing push soon. The special kiosks at GameStop are a good start.

The line of Toy Vault stores in Mass told me they don't sell many. But they (at least in North Attleboro, MA) also relegate them to the bottom of the floor under all the Pops.

I feel like they would do better with smaller boxes but Brian said on this forum they couldn't. But I think they're basically competing against themselves with these.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:36 am

thejosh2010 wrote:I'm just shocked the first Thor Dorbz is a classic one, yet there is no classic Thor Funko POP!? Them little boogers are so cute!!

I feel that way about Ghost Rider. Classic GR Dorbz, but the newer Pop. I want a classic Ghost Rider Pop tooooooo!!!
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

RedPats

Postby RedPats » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:07 am

I check them out when I see them. I'm trying my best to not start collecting another line. Only have 3 so far. Loki, Ronan, and Ultron. I might end up only collecting villains Dorbz to be honest though, if I do start collecting the line more. I personally think they look cooler since they're suppose to be these tough, powerful humans/creatures.
Hello, my name is Cody
Funko Collecting since 3/29/15
Instagram - funko.stoner
ImageImage

case
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby case » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:18 pm

With the lineup coming out I would say they are doing great! I didn't initially think I would be collecting them, but after getting some in sub boxes and seeing others at storefronts I decided to pick them up and couldn't be happier with them.
FDO 6-7-8-9
Fundays 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
SDCC 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
Funko Fright Night, HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun, Wetmore Block Party

ditbu13oi

Postby ditbu13oi » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:31 pm

I think they aren't a bad line at all but I can't afford another collection!!! :(

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:12 am

I'm starting to think that I might like them more than Pop!s which is the other Funko product I collect. I've been anxiously awaiting the release of he second half of the Marvel series one for months now.

Spiffythedog

Postby Spiffythedog » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:50 am

I'm not feeling them myself... I think they're too one-dimensional versus POPs that can show more expression and variation in detail. And I definitely don't have room/money for both lines in my life! I do like their box design tho, with front and back visible and they seem a little sturdier versus POP boxes too
You can call me Spiff ;)
I collect Star Wars, mini things, cute things, and FRIENDS!

Spiffythedog

Postby Spiffythedog » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:51 am

Btw the name of this thread makes me cringe lol .... ^ well... Selling well lol
You can call me Spiff ;)
I collect Star Wars, mini things, cute things, and FRIENDS!

tjbhab
Hall of Fame Class of 2013
Hall of Fame Class of 2013

Postby tjbhab » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:38 pm

I like the look but for the size they are a little expensive for my taste. I also don't like the way they are numbering them. I wish they were broken up like the Pops! are. I would only collect certain ones and the fact that the numbers jump all over would drive me insane, and yes it does on the Pop! figures as well. Plus I will get killed if I started collecting more stuff lol.
I'm Todd
COTM 10/12

Wobbler Wish List: Metallic Blue and Purple w/Black Crown Tux Wobbler Freddy.

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:24 pm

The price thing hasn't been much of a problem because you can get them at hot topic for like $7 or less with their deals. I wish they didn't number them at all LOL
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:32 pm

I can see the facial expressions being a turn off for some thus preventing some sales.

I think they're doing the best out of the new lines from 2015 though. And Funko obviously thinks they'll be a big hit with the amount of series they have for them.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

djbcshawn

Postby djbcshawn » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:12 pm

ZeoVGM wrote:I feel like they've been received well but they don't seem to be moving at the stores around me at all. I'm hoping Funko makes a bigger marketing push soon. The special kiosks at GameStop are a good start.

The line of Toy Vault stores in Mass told me they don't sell many. But they (at least in North Attleboro, MA) also relegate them to the bottom of the floor under all the Pops.

I feel like they would do better with smaller boxes but Brian said on this forum they couldn't. But I think they're basically competing against themselves with these.

I agree. I feel like every story I buy them from has a ton in stock and don't sell many. But the line is now growing so quickly that I imagine Funko has to start a marketing push soon.
Shawn
:freddy2:
Instagram: smbarnett
Twitter: @shawnmbarnett

lexiyrock

Postby lexiyrock » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:38 pm

I dont think they are selling that well in stores nor online.
I have had a set online for a while now at below retail and perhaps the lowest price only and it is still there lol. was like $5 something a figure but yes was a lot.

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:39 pm

More and more people from out Pop! group are getting into Dorbz.

As more licenses get acquired, they will see more popularity.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

lexiyrock

Postby lexiyrock » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:43 pm

I think Funko missed a great opportunity here. These figures would be amazing if the faces would have actual art. Say for example a funky looking mouth art on Wolverine with like crazy eyes or things like that. It would give the figures more "artsy" look and more fun factor as well. Variety is what would make this series sell. This little happy grind is just annoying in evil or villain figures. It takes the badassery from the figures. Many people are not into "cute" or "adorable" and if they are, even with facial art instead of the grind it would have been better.

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:14 pm

Dude pops started the same way. They just had 2 big eyes. I'm pretty sure that's the look they are going for with dorbz as the name. Adorable...

I agree that once more licenses are obtained it will do better. There's been a lot of dorbz but the series have mostly been DC and marvel. Now Disney is coming out. I'm sure there will be more dorbz exclusives this year at all the big cons.
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.

Geniusrecluse8

Postby Geniusrecluse8 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:51 pm

FunkoNewb wrote:I agree that once more licenses are obtained it will do better. There's been a lot of dorbz but the series have mostly been DC and marvel. Now Disney is coming out. I'm sure there will be more dorbz exclusives this year at all the big cons.

I think that could be a factor, definitely. I'm not really into superheroes and stuff, but I'm totally eyeing the Disney ones. Will probably get a couple once they come out....
This post was brought to you by Sam

dsanders337

Postby dsanders337 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:58 am

For some reason Dorbz are very divisive. Everyone I talk to about them either loves them or hates them. I, for one, love them. I'm just waiting for them to put out more lines that I love. A lot of the recent announcements will be must buys for me, like Ghostbusters, Walking Dead, Batman v Superman and Civil War. I feel like the popularity will grow as they release these new lines.

xmaldigolax

Re: Dorbz Selling Well?

Postby xmaldigolax » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:19 pm

I hated them at first, then i just grabbed a ghost rider, because, you know, Ghost Rider, it was just love at that point. I think in about 2 years there are going to be 200 dorbz facebook pages flipping walgreens dorbz for 4x.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:36 am

Probably. Pops kind of started the same way and now with the prices for pops being what they are, dorbz will probably start higher on the secondary market than pops did back in the day.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Re: Dorbz Selling Well?

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:25 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:I hated them at first, then i just grabbed a ghost rider, because, you know, Ghost Rider, it was just love at that point. I think in about 2 years there are going to be 200 dorbz facebook pages flipping walgreens dorbz for 4x.

I tried so hard to avoid getting Dorbz...but that ghost rider was just too darn awesome to skip out on =D> Your so right...will be the same as Pops in another year with the flippers!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:09 pm

Small size and great price point....I would speculate they will the #2 funko line with due time (if not already). Pops took a long time to really go crazy. Though I think there style being even cuter than pops and similar shape will probably give them a lower ceiling than pops. Love them.
Got Pixie Dust?

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:18 pm

Poncho Pete wrote:Small size and great price point....I would speculate they will the #2 funko line with due time (if not already). Pops took a long time to really go crazy. Though I think there style being even cuter than pops and similar shape will probably give them a lower ceiling than pops. Love them.

They are definitely a great POP companion piece....I get the urge to get the Dorbz for every POP of the same version I have :roflmao:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:23 am

They need more choices for Dorbz. I prefer some of them to their POP counterparts (Nebula, Classic Penguin), but there just aren't enough to choose from yet. If they synchronize the Dorbz release along with the POPs (like Civil War) then maybe more people will choose the Dorbz version.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Sincerely

Postby Sincerely » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:15 am

what I thought was insanely smart of them was sticking them in MCC boxes/subscription boxes in general. Not what I would've initially went out of my way for, but now that i have 1 or 2 i start looking at others

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:30 pm

I think what Funko is doing with all the 1:6 Chases is an awesome idea to drive sales. I know that's what pulled me to the line, I am a big fan of the idea of a chase variant. And the fact that they are making the chases into different characters or unique variants is pretty awesome as opposed to just Metallic or GITD like with pops! have in the past with their chases.

Nick IG: collector.badger

Return to “Dorbz”