Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

I think I'm in trouble.

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
SunsetBeauty

I think I'm in trouble.

Postby SunsetBeauty » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:54 pm

I really didn't think I would be collecting any Dorbz. I really really didn't. I have my hands full with my pops, MLP Vinyl, and the few minis I collect. I don't need anymore. But.....(can we guess where this is going???? lol)

I saw the HT metallic Maleficent dorbz and went "oh that's really really cool looking. I "need" to get that one" One dorbz's not so bad. Then I saw Ursuala - she's pretty cool too. Two Dorbzs - Okay. Then I saw the Cheshire Cat, I'm not even a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland, but I love how he looks and again I "need" it! lol. Three Dorbzs on my list, not too bad. Then I saw the Futurama Bender and Zoidberg. Five on my list. And I found out there's a Firefly Serenity Dorbz ride announced. Crap. I'm in trouble. lol

I will not collect all Dorbz, I will not collect all Dorbz, I will not collect all Dorbz. :roflmao:
Kate

"Okay, you people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn . . . call the president." ~Jack Burton

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Mystery Minis - Too many to count!
Keychains/Pocket Pops - 8
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

TulaBug

Re: I think I'm in trouble.

Postby TulaBug » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:01 pm

Kate, it's a slippery slope and I have learned to accept this fact. Congrats on the great pieces and welcome to the addiction!
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:06 pm

TulaBug wrote:Kate, it's a slippery slope and I have learned to accept this fact. Congrats on the great pieces and welcome to the addiction!

Thanks! I don't have them yet, they're on my list to buy - I don't think any of the ones I want are out yet :( . I really can't wait for HT to release the metallic Mal. She just looks amazing!

Yeah, I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm a Funko collector for life. Suppose it's not so bad, there are some pretty cool people in the trenches with me!! :D

Now I just have to figure out where in the world I'm going to display them!
Kate

"Okay, you people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn . . . call the president." ~Jack Burton

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:59 am

Yeah, that's the same thing I kept telling myself about Mystery Minis. Wasn't gonna collect them. Wasn't going to collect them at all. Then "Oh, I'll just get the WWE ones". I now have forty or so and can't wait for more.

xwickedstyleex

Postby xwickedstyleex » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:04 am

that metallic maleficent is apparently going to be the downfall of some in the dorbz resistance. i was stoked on the loki i got in the mcc box, but it still wasn't enough to convince me that i would ever need to buy others. until now. i suppose if i can't find one, it will save me from myself. if i do find one though, the alice in wonderland ones will surely follow. *sigh*

Sincerely

Postby Sincerely » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:31 am

Quazimoto wrote:Yeah, that's the same thing I kept telling myself about Mystery Minis. Wasn't gonna collect them. Wasn't going to collect them at all. Then "Oh, I'll just get the WWE ones". I now have forty or so and can't wait for more.

I feel like mystery minis can be the worst ones for my wallet.... ](*,)

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:29 am

Sincerely wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:Yeah, that's the same thing I kept telling myself about Mystery Minis. Wasn't gonna collect them. Wasn't going to collect them at all. Then "Oh, I'll just get the WWE ones". I now have forty or so and can't wait for more.

I feel like mystery minis can be the worst ones for my wallet.... ](*,)

Yes, definitely! I've actually decided to downsize my MM collection. I'm keeping the My Little Pony series and the Minions. I might keep a select few from the others I have. And again I told myself once I sold those, no more mystery minis except My Little Pony (love my ponies! lol). Then they announced the Disney princess line - which I like so much better than the HvsV line. I think I've convinced myself to only get my favorite princesses/companions (Cinderella/Gus, Belle/Cogworth, Ariel/Flouder, and Jasmine/Raj) but we'll see. I'm kinda mad they didn't do Aurora, so maybe that will help. lol
Kate

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:43 am

xwickedstyleex wrote:that metallic maleficent is apparently going to be the downfall of some in the dorbz resistance. i was stoked on the loki i got in the mcc box, but it still wasn't enough to convince me that i would ever need to buy others. until now. i suppose if i can't find one, it will save me from myself. if i do find one though, the alice in wonderland ones will surely follow. *sigh*

The metallic Maleficent is just gorgeous. I'm a sucker for metallic and glitter pops/ponies, so it's easy to see why I fell in love with her. lol I actually like how she and Ursula look more than the princesses. I like Aurora the best. Peasant Belle and Ariel are okay. For some reason, I really don't like how Belle in her ball gown looks.

I'm hoping they do a Cinderella one and I like it, since she's my favorite princess!

Like I said, I'm not even a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland, but I love the Cheshire cat - so I can see how a fan would snatch up all them immediately! :D
Kate

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

Geniusrecluse8

Postby Geniusrecluse8 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:52 pm

I'm in a similar situation, but my interest was piqued by the The Walking Dead ones as well as the Serenity ride. I caved yesterday and pre-ordered Rick, Michonne and Daryl. I'll most likely get the ride too, I'm just conflicted now on whether I want a full Firefly line or not... I mean, sure I want them, but that's the problem - I won't be able to resist them and my wallet is already going to suffer with the HP Pops coming. *sigh*

Just going to wait till I get the WD ones in. Who knows, I may not even like them in the "flesh"..... Doubtful
This post was brought to you by Sam

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:57 pm

TulaBug wrote:Kate, it's a slippery slope and I have learned to accept this fact. Congrats on the great pieces and welcome to the addiction!

I started out not collecting anything other than DC and Marvel pops...that exploded to all lines...then I said never Hikari's...then never this and never that... :roflmao: Be prepared Kate =P~
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Childishtycoon

Postby Childishtycoon » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:10 pm

Dorbz are dangerous! As soon as I got the ultron in the mcc box I was hooked. I had to get the xl dorbz at comic con and in order to complete it I needed all the guardians of the galaxy dorbz. Now Im collecting the marvel and have the Batman v superman ones and civil war on preorder. They just look amazing and I really think they could be as popular as pops. It just takes time
Do you guys believe Kylo Ren when he says he will finish what Darth Vader started?

The funatic formerly known as Jeremyb4815

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:08 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:

I started out not collecting anything other than DC and Marvel pops...that exploded to all lines...then I said never Hikari's...then never this and never that... :roflmao: Be prepared Kate =P~

I know!!! I've been collecting pops for only a year and I have over 200 already! Plus the MLP vinyls, and mystery minis lol

I started out collecting when I heard about the X-Files and Doctor Who pops. Then I discover the My Little Pony lines and I was a goner! I've loved MLP ever since I was a little girl oh those many. many, years ago lol. Then that exploded into Minions, Once Upon Time, and Disney Princesses pops and a few other misc pops. I said No Hikari's ever....then they released the Rainbow Dash Hikaris. I said No Dorbz....but now you see where I am! :roflmao:

I don't know how you DC/Marvel collectors do it. There are soooo many in those lines. Just the Batmen alone!
Doctor Who is probably going to be my longest/biggest pop line. The MLP vinyls are next in line.
Kate

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

grendelscott

Postby grendelscott » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:37 pm

Don't bother fighting it. lol I said the same thing when we started buying Pops. A little over a year later we have a little over 600 of them. I've been good about buying just a select few Dorbz, but the Hikari figures snuck up on me. I started with a Mickey Mouse and have over 20 Hikari already. Keychains have also snuck into the mix. Hey, look at that Wacky Wobbler over there...
Funko Funklub Member #12887. Call me Scott.

When this kind of vinyl isn't getting my money, the kind that spins in circles and plays music does.

swind15

Postby swind15 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:10 am

Dorbz are awesome and yes, quite addicting. Going out of business for some FYE stores and Gamestop sales have increased my Dorbz population greatly.
Pop!: Lost count
Mystery mini: Lost count
Soda: 146
Dorbz: 140
Pop Pez: 31
Hikari: 21
Vynl: 22
Retro Freddy Funko: 4
Action Figures: 2
Wacky Wobbler: 2
Reaction: 2
Fabrications: 1

Original Fun Klub member# 14057

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:47 pm

So, what's the best place to pre-order the dorbz from? I'm thinking Entertainment Earth, since I saw they put up the ones I want. :)

I'm so antsy for Hot Topic to get the metallic Maleficent in - I think I check the site probably 10 times a day; I don't want to miss it!! lol lol
Kate

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:49 pm

So far...I am ok. Got Ultron(meh) and Loki from the MCC boxes. I also recently bought Wolverine and Ghost Rider, both are very cool. I plan to get Freddy Krueger and Superman and that is it...for right now. I'm trying to keep it to characters that mean something to me(not counting the MCC Dorbz) and so far I'm doing ok. If they make a lot more Marvel lines, I might struggle with that and I KNOW I'm in big trouble if they make Star Trek TNG or Doctor Who...so I admit I'm kind of hoping they don't, haha.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:34 pm

I am on the same slippery slope...

Got the ones in the MCC boxes which were cite but I could hold off on others. Only bought the Maleficent to add to my Maleficent collection. And will obviously need the metallic one. But then saw Batgirl...Catwoman....and Poison Ivy. And then of course the Wonder Woman and her jet. And now I just saw the Cheshire Cat.......**sliding....fast**
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:05 pm

Jezter wrote:So far...I am ok. Got Ultron(meh) and Loki from the MCC boxes. I also recently bought Wolverine and Ghost Rider, both are very cool. I plan to get Freddy Krueger and Superman and that is it...for right now. I'm trying to keep it to characters that mean something to me(not counting the MCC Dorbz) and so far I'm doing ok. If they make a lot more Marvel lines, I might struggle with that and I KNOW I'm in big trouble if they make Star Trek TNG or Doctor Who...so I admit I'm kind of hoping they don't, haha.

Oh my god, if they make Doctor who or my little pony dorbz and I like them, that's it. I might as well just sign my paycheck over to Funko permanently!! :roflmao:

My "strategy" (so far) is to just get the ones I really really like. I like zoidberg and bender; but I'm not sold on Fry and Leela, so I don't think I'm going to get them. I'm on the fence with Aurora, so I probably will end up with her! lol
Kate

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

Castiel

Postby Castiel » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:20 am

I thought I was safe just getting the Castiel Dorbz but... yeah. You can't have Cas and NOT Sam and Dean.. and how can you resist Loki? and Daryl?!

Ugh.. lol
Image Image
♥️ team destiel ♥️ team ivyquinn ♥️

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Anndd now they showed the Scooby Doo Dorbz. There goes my wallet. lol lol lol. I thing I'm only going to get the gang, not the two villians.

The mystery machine dorbz ride will be my first Funko ride; Pop or Dorbz. There's another category I said I wasn't interested in unless they made the Pork Chop Express from Big Trouble in Little China, or the Third Doctor's car. Now with the announcement of Serenity Dorbz ride, Mystery Machine, and the Dany/Drogon Pop Ride (which I'm still on the fence about, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting it! lol); Funko has once again made a liar out of me. :roflmao:

Why did I become a Funko collector and what have I gotten myself into??? :eek: :D
Kate

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

GraphicSilence

Postby GraphicSilence » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:54 am

Can't resist the dorbz. Once you get that first one, it's all over. ;)

Welcome to the fold. :D

Grail: Batman Freddy
Desperately want: Flashpoint Batman, SDCC Blue Batman.

Geniusrecluse8

Postby Geniusrecluse8 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:33 pm

They should make Winnie the Pooh ones! Though a smiley Eeyore would be a bit of a paradox.
This post was brought to you by Sam

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:24 pm

GraphicSilence wrote:Can't resist the dorbz. Once you get that first one, it's all over. ;)

Welcome to the fold. :D

Thanks! I feel like I'm in good company! I almost bought my first dorbz today. I went to HT and the only Disney one they had was Aurora. But, while I was looking at the other pops, someone else snatched her up. :( Hope they enjoy her! lol At least I got two pops. lol
Kate

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:59 am

I feel the same way. I really don't want to collect dorbz but I just had to have a few disney ones (darn you Ursula and Maleficent), then why not add Sulley and Boo, oh I have to have Stitch. Now that xl Staypuft is calling my name, if I have him I need Ecto-1 don't I?
ISO
Also looking for Shiva, Basilisk, and Olenna Tyrell

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:45 am

I've tried telling myself this too. I have Loki and Cowboy Deadpool from MCC and I was ok with those. But I was picking up a couple the other day for a fellow funatic and looking at them more and more seeking how cute they were. When I told my wife I was shopping for them she came home the next day with 6 of the gotg "Adorbz" as she calls them :roflmao: That slope must be covered with bacon grease because it drew me in quick and not I can't resist lol
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:17 pm

[quote="Strending625" That slope must be covered with bacon grease because it drew me in quick and not I can't resist lol[/quote]

Can I just say this is probably the funniest thing I've read all day!!! :roflmao: Thanks for the laugh!!
Kate

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

Christoph3223

Postby Christoph3223 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:21 pm

lol welcome to the madness lol

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:17 pm

So I caved and bought a Metallic Maleficent dorbz off of ebay. When it went live on HT site, it refused to let me pay with paypal and by the time I got a credit card to punch in, they were sold out. And none of the HT around me carry a big stock of Dorbz. *sigh*

Oh well, at least she's on the way to me! Plus when I went to HT today, they had another Aurora dorbz.....so she came home with me! I now have (or will shortly) two Dorbz! The madness has started!! lol lol
Kate

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

Childishtycoon

Postby Childishtycoon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:50 am

SunsetBeauty wrote:So I caved and bought a Metallic Maleficent dorbz off of ebay. When it went live on HT site, it refused to let me pay with paypal and by the time I got a credit card to punch in, they were sold out. And none of the HT around me carry a big stock of Dorbz. *sigh*

Oh well, at least she's on the way to me! Plus when I went to HT today, they had another Aurora dorbz.....so she came home with me! I now have (or will shortly) two Dorbz! The madness has started!! lol lol

totally worth it! I just traded a yellow deadpool, and comikaze storm for the metallic Maleficent. she is just way to awesome to pass up. Congrats btw!
Do you guys believe Kylo Ren when he says he will finish what Darth Vader started?

The funatic formerly known as Jeremyb4815

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:01 am

Yay the Dorbz LOVE is spreading wildly!! I look forward to any and all new Dorbz, so I'm really glad you made it onto the slope :) you will pick up speed and love every minute!! :) Like others have said: Welcome to the fun madness! :)
ImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie * June 2017 COTM * Let's be friends in Pokémon GO! My Trainer Code is 759698020725 - Team Valor.
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

naisatoh

Postby naisatoh » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:42 am

I had no idea about the Serenity Dorbz Ride!! Gotta add that one to the list!
Hello. My name is Vince and I am a Funkaholic.

SunsetBeauty

Postby SunsetBeauty » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:41 am

Jeremyb4815 wrote:
SunsetBeauty wrote:So I caved and bought a Metallic Maleficent dorbz off of ebay. When it went live on HT site, it refused to let me pay with paypal and by the time I got a credit card to punch in, they were sold out. And none of the HT around me carry a big stock of Dorbz. *sigh*

totally worth it! I just traded a yellow deadpool, and comikaze storm for the metallic Maleficent. she is just way to awesome to pass up. Congrats btw!

Thanks! I knew I had to have her - since it was her that got me interested in dorbz in the first place. I can't wait for her to get here!!

MorbidGee wrote:Yay the Dorbz LOVE is spreading wildly!! I look forward to any and all new Dorbz, so I'm really glad you made it onto the slope :) you will pick up speed and love every minute!! :) Like others have said: Welcome to the fun madness! :)

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to the scooby-doo dorbz set! Scooby is just soooo adorable!!! lol

naisatoh wrote:I had no idea about the Serenity Dorbz Ride!! Gotta add that one to the list!

No glam for it yet, I don't think. I'm anxiously awaiting it! I'm assuming they would do a Walsh dorbz with it. Wonder if they will do more Serenity dorbz - and finish out the pops! I need my Innara, Simon, River, and Shepard Book! Badger would be fun too. lol
Kate

Dorbz- 15
MLP Hikari - 6
Pops - 212
MLP Vinyl - 60

Return to “Dorbz”