Disney Dorbz Series 2 at Hot Topic or GameStop?

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Disney Dorbz Series 2 at Hot Topic or GameStop?

Postby NightmareMermaid » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:49 am

Has anyone seen these at their HT or GS? I've been waiting to buy them since I prefer to buy them in person. I'm starting to think they won't get them since they're starting to get others that were supposed to be released after the Disney ones.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Re: Disney Dorbz Series 2 at Hot Topic or GameStop?

Postby jedik6 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:07 am

all i've seen are the marvel civil war ones and just yesterday Oogie Boogie. That's it. a lot of places I talk to just aren't getting them in.
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:09 pm

I've seen Beast and Queen of Hearts at a Hot Topic this morning. Been hoping they carry them all so they'll get the chases.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:59 pm

groundhog7s wrote:I've seen Beast and Queen of Hearts at a Hot Topic this morning. Been hoping they carry them all so they'll get the chases.

That's progress. Hopefully they get them all.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

dedboy

Postby dedboy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:08 pm

They got in Alice at my local HT yesterday! I was super stoked because I didn't know they had them until I talked to the store manager about other stuff I was looking for and he told me they got a case of them that said chase on the box! He was kind enough to go to the back (since they hadn't been put out yet) and grab the chase out of the case for me! It was my first chase Dorbz, in the wild or otherwise, and I was so happy to get it!!! :)
Hi there! I'm Jared! Team Bacon 4 Life!!!

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:17 pm

Nice score Jared! Hope we all get so lucky.
www.8-BitHero.com

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:53 pm

Was just in a HT that Alice (from the cartoon). Sadly, the chase was already taken.
www.8-BitHero.com

clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:46 pm

Can't speak for Hot Topic, later this year GameStops are supposedly adding a small space for new products (due to their acquisition of Think Geek). The manager at my local GamesStop said when that happens he was told their stock of Dorbz and other Funko products is supposed to increase a bit. Who knows if it will happen but at least it gives me hope at seeing more Dorbz in person.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:32 am

Hot Topic on-line has added some of series 2 now. I was up in the middle of the night and saw they had Ariel in stock so I ordered 6 (thank you Hot Cash). This morning I noticed she's gone now so I'm guessing they're not stocking very much.
www.8-BitHero.com

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:13 am

HT online has Beast, Belle, and the Queen of Hearts (animated) instock right now
Have yet to see any in stores though
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:50 pm

So, I realized I never received a confirmation e-mail for my Ariel Dorbz order, so when I checked their site there was no order. I do show six Ariel's in my cart (that say out of stock). I know I completed the order, but it didn't take for some reason.

If I never had to deal with that site again in my life it would be too soon.
www.8-BitHero.com

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:19 pm

Just in GS during lunch and only found the GS exclusive Vision, Hulk, & Oogie
No new Disney line
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

rainomatic

Postby rainomatic » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:54 pm

groundhog7s wrote:So, I realized I never received a confirmation e-mail for my Ariel Dorbz order, so when I checked their site there was no order. I do show six Ariel's in my cart (that say out of stock). I know I completed the order, but it didn't take for some reason.

If I never had to deal with that site again in my life it would be too soon.

Did you get a confirmation email to your inbox? That's what matters. The online order history doesn't update right away - mine didn't show up until the end of yesterday while I placed my order at 4am.

Battastic wrote:Just in GS during lunch and only found the GS exclusive Vision, Hulk, & Oogie
No new Disney line

I was at a store yesterday and none of the wave 2 disney ones were even in their system, so...*shrug*

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:48 pm

I never did receive the e-mail. I talked to customer service today and they don't see the order either. They offered I could call them to place an order for something else and still use the code I used. All I wanted was what I ordered.

I've talked lots with one of the guys that works at HT. He told me their site is 15 years old and was basically a skin of another companies site. After all the complaints last year they hope to have a new one done this year. I wouldn't mind their site so much if I could ignore it and just order product through their stores, but they have no control over what gets sent to them. It's a completely screwed up business model and I'm not sure how they survive.
www.8-BitHero.com

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:06 am

groundhog7s wrote:I never did receive the e-mail. I talked to customer service today and they don't see the order either. They offered I could call them to place an order for something else and still use the code I used. All I wanted was what I ordered.

I've talked lots with one of the guys that works at HT. He told me their site is 15 years old and was basically a skin of another companies site. After all the complaints last year they hope to have a new one done this year. I wouldn't mind their site so much if I could ignore it and just order product through their stores, but they have no control over what gets sent to them. It's a completely screwed up business model and I'm not sure how they survive.

You can order through the stores. One of the stores near me had a kiosk thay customers or associates could use to order product. Most of the time the employees will ask if I want them to look it up and order it.
Being on the east coast, my stores can order from the Tennessee warehouse or the California warehouse.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:03 am

Thanks Joey, I actually do that often. The problem was in trying to order something in the middle of the night that was likely to sell out before a store was open (which it did).
www.8-BitHero.com

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:16 am

I want to see an Ursula dorbz with Triton's crown and trident. That would be great.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

rainomatic

Postby rainomatic » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:32 pm

groundhog7s wrote:I never did receive the e-mail. I talked to customer service today and they don't see the order either. They offered I could call them to place an order for something else and still use the code I used. All I wanted was what I ordered.

Yeah always look for the confirmation email in your inbox, which would be delivered right away if your order was successful (and you should also see something along the lines of "thanks for your order" with an order number on your webpage). Otherwise you'd have no proof that your order did go through.

Their online inventory system is horrible though - that time I tried ordering the Willy Wonka pop showing as in stock on their website, but got a cancellation email within minutes. It was still showing as in stock the next day, so I called customer service, who told me yeah looked to them like it was in stock, so they placed an order for me, and right away I got another cancellation email. They had to get in touch with someone at the warehouse on the spot to know that the pop was indeed oos. *eyeroll*

PrincessPhie

Postby PrincessPhie » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:35 pm

I finally found them in the wild! Alice (no chase), Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, Ariel, Belle, Beast. They were at Midtown Comics in NYC for those in my area. $8.99 each.
Instagram
Funko HQ Grand Opening l :fdo92: 7, 8, 9 l FUNDAYS 2018 - Present l FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
NYCC 2013 - Present l SDCC 2018 - Present

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:47 am

I got excited just now to see Ariel back in stock...until I found out there was only one of her in stock.

Somehow, they just keep disappointing me.
www.8-BitHero.com

rainomatic

Postby rainomatic » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 am

PrincessPhie wrote:I finally found them in the wild! Alice (no chase), Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, Ariel, Belle, Beast. They were at Midtown Comics in NYC for those in my area. $8.99 each.

I called them on the very first day they were out in stores and all stores told me that they received no chases. Yes, the website advertises that there is a 1-in-6 chase, but the warehouse picks which ones get sent to the stores and in this case they choose not to send any chases at all. And of course what you'd get from an order from the website is anyone's guess. *eyeroll* So go figure.

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Tue May 03, 2016 1:05 pm

My Hot Topic still hasn't received these. I'm about ready to give up and just order these online. These shouldn't be this hard to get considering that they've been out for a while now.
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

Return to “Dorbz”