Dorbz Ridez checklist... gone but not forgotten!

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Rgncajun

Re: Dorbz Ridez checklist... updated again!

Postby Rgncajun » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Wow the proto looks awesome on big gruesome

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:01 pm

I have to find a good dragon tail to stick on the back of Big Gruesome's car!

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:21 am

Got the Creepy Coupe in .. I must say, it sure is SMALL. Big Gruesome is supposed to be, well big, but the Creepy Coupe is tiny compared to the Compact Pussycat and the Turbo Terrific. My guess is that the house on the back of the car was stretching the accepted height of the ride so they went small to accommodate but, still, they should of just made the box a bit bigger and the ride accordingly.

I just can't get over how tiny and strange it looks compared to all of the other Dorbz Ridez. I wonder how minuscule the Army Surplus Special is going to be.

AllyRose

Postby AllyRose » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:10 am

Never realized how many rides there are !

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:25 pm

TadGhostal wrote:I have to find a good dragon tail to stick on the back of Big Gruesome's car!

It has one! I thought I had a picture of it on IG but I don't see it now.

fbingha wrote:Got the Creepy Coupe in .. I must say, it sure is SMALL. Big Gruesome is supposed to be, well big, but the Creepy Coupe is tiny compared to the Compact Pussycat and the Turbo Terrific.

I agree. I made that same comment 3 posts above yours when I got the prototype. Big Gruesome should be bigger than other Dorbz, I mean he's the same size as Little Gruesome! And his car should be much larger as well. They made him a 6" Pop, so why did they make the Dorbz version so small? And if you put all the Wacky Racers together, the Mean Machine and Sawtooth look just right but the Compact Pussycat and Turbo Terrific are too big. And Creepy Coupe too small. It just looks odd when you line them up together, which is a bummer because they deserve to be displayed together OOB!

AllyRose wrote:Never realized how many rides there are !

Yeah, 50 including the upcoming SW ones. I can get 20 in a Detolf case and 2 or 3 on top. I haven't even built my 2nd case yet and already have enough to fill it up! There are more Dorbz Ridez than Pop Rides now.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

PopDaddy

Postby PopDaddy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:46 pm

treswright wrote:
Rgncajun wrote:Wow no mention of big gruesome at the funko shop?

Whoa! I know someone who's a big fan of Big Gruesome and the series. That's a cool proto!
WTB: Luffy color proto

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:13 pm

39 is Brenner/Hawkins Van
40 is Hopper/Sheriff Truck
42 is Wonder Woman/Horse
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Rgncajun

Postby Rgncajun » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:56 pm

I can't believe how much of the ridez I've caught up to, of the ones released I am only missing the Han Solo & taun taun ride. Kinda crazy to think about.

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:04 pm

treswright wrote:
TadGhostal wrote:I have to find a good dragon tail to stick on the back of Big Gruesome's car!

It has one! I thought I had a picture of it on IG but I don't see it now.

fbingha wrote:Got the Creepy Coupe in .. I must say, it sure is SMALL. Big Gruesome is supposed to be, well big, but the Creepy Coupe is tiny compared to the Compact Pussycat and the Turbo Terrific.

I agree. I made that same comment 3 posts above yours when I got the prototype. Big Gruesome should be bigger than other Dorbz, I mean he's the same size as Little Gruesome! And his car should be much larger as well. They made him a 6" Pop, so why did they make the Dorbz version so small? And if you put all the Wacky Racers together, the Mean Machine and Sawtooth look just right but the Compact Pussycat and Turbo Terrific are too big. And Creepy Coupe too small. It just looks odd when you line them up together, which is a bummer because they deserve to be displayed together OOB!

I got the Coupe and saw the tail!

I'm wondering why the car wasn't larger and the Tower was a separate piece that could have been attached when opened. A couple of Ridez have gone that route when the wings were too wide. Disappointing.

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:26 am

PopDaddy wrote:That's a cool proto!

Thank you!

PopGoestheJess wrote:39 is Brenner/Hawkins Van
40 is Hopper/Sheriff Truck
42 is Wonder Woman/Horse

Thanks for the info, I'll update the list!

Rgncajun wrote:I can't believe how much of the ridez I've caught up to, of the ones released I am only missing the Han Solo & taun taun ride. Kinda crazy to think about.

Excellent! Yeah there's a bunch of them but I love them all! Except maybe Aladdin lol

TadGhostal wrote:I'm wondering why the car wasn't larger and the Tower was a separate piece that could have been attached when opened. A couple of Ridez have gone that route when the wings were too wide. Disappointing.

I'm wondering if maybe it was a different person/ team that worked on it and they just didn't know it was out of scale with the others. It seems like a pretty huge mistake though. Like I said before, they made the BG Pop a 6", so it's not like they weren't aware that he is larger than the other figures. I do like them all, will have to see if I can display them in a way where the scale difference isn't as obvious.

funkystark wrote:Did you buy Slag? I'm waiting to see some OOB pics for that, I'm on the fence.. I want it but I'm not sure.

I copied your quote here so you would see the pic :)

Got Slag today and I LOVE THIS RIDEZ!!!!! It looks great! Scale is perfect, and Boulder doesn't look like any other Dorbz (no separate head and body) but he looks super cool. Here's a pic of him hanging with Muttley and Rufus.

Officerdorbz

Postby Officerdorbz » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:36 am

50 already? Dang. I think I'm only missing the storm walmart exclusive that was basically never released

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:09 am

Officerdorbz wrote:50 already? Dang. I think I'm only missing the storm walmart exclusive that was basically never released

Good deal! Glad to hear there are a few of us now that are staying complete on these :) I finally broke down and bought Storm from FPI, got tired of waiting for her to release. Plus my local WM's never, ever, ever stock new Funko stuff.

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:41 am

Officerdorbz wrote:50 already? Dang. I think I'm only missing the storm walmart exclusive that was basically never released

It's live right now on Walmart for $11.11.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Funko-Dorbz- ... /844315201
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

12amenn00d1e

Postby 12amenn00d1e » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:42 am

Dang, didn't realize there was that many...Just started to collect a few.. Got slag on the way ...these might be a daunting task...guess I'll just take it slowly 8-[

treswright

Postby treswright » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:11 am

12amenn00d1e wrote:

Dang, didn't realize there was that many...Just started to collect a few.. Got slag on the way ...these might be a daunting task...guess I'll just take it slowly 8-[

Welcome aboard :-) They're all shown in the first post, it makes a good collecting reference. I've never thought about it until now but I'll put a checklist together and post it as well!

Officerdorbz

Postby Officerdorbz » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:05 pm

allcutethings2 wrote:

It's live right now on Walmart for $11.11.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Funko-Dorbz- ... /844315201

Noooo I missed her

12amenn00d1e

Postby 12amenn00d1e » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:52 am

treswright wrote:
12amenn00d1e wrote:

Welcome aboard :-) They're all shown in the first post, it makes a good collecting reference. I've never thought about it until now but I'll put a checklist together and post it as well!

Thanks...I might need to cherry pick the ones I like and then maybe work on the more elusive ones later...yeah, a checklist is a great idea!

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:19 am

Brenner and van oob. He looks good.

Team Dorbz 4 Life

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:31 am

12amenn00d1e wrote:Thanks...I might need to cherry pick the ones I like and then maybe work on the more elusive ones later...yeah, a checklist is a great idea!

Whatever works for you, just as long as you end up getting them all lol No I'm kidding, it takes quite the commitment of space (and $$) to have them all. Luckily for me I started on them at ground level, so I've gotten most all of them at or below retail.

PopGoestheJess wrote:Brenner and van oob. He looks good.

Aaaah, thanks! Cool pic! Even though I'm not the biggest ST fan I do like this Ridez because of it's simplicity. Clean color scheme, and there's something interesting about his white hair sticking out the top of a white van lol

Ramennoodlez

Postby Ramennoodlez » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:39 am

waiting for the Thanos with the Thanos chopper to come out and make my day
ImageImage
ImageImage

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:13 am

Ramennoodlez wrote:waiting for the Squirrel Girl with the Squirrel-A-Gig chopper to come out and make my day

Fixed that for you. Thanos would be cool, but SG is better.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:51 am

groundhog7s wrote:
Ramennoodlez wrote:waiting for the Squirrel Girl with the Squirrel-A-Gig chopper to come out and make my day

Never heard of it, Googled it, now I have a mighty need to see this in Ridez form lol

Ramennoodlez

Postby Ramennoodlez » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:13 pm

treswright wrote:
groundhog7s wrote:

Never heard of it, Googled it, now I have a mighty need to see this in Ridez form lol

OMG that would be awesome too lol
ImageImage
ImageImage

MonkeyofLegand

Postby MonkeyofLegand » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Storm is back in stock at Walmart.com https://www.walmart.com/ip/Funko-Dorbz- ... /844315201

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:43 pm

PSA

Hot Topics are getting the Stranger Things Ridez and Grinch sleigh. Just a heads up if want to wait and try to use Hot Cash or take advantage of a bogo 30% sale.

Bye!
Team Dorbz 4 Life

scottfoomusic510

Postby scottfoomusic510 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:50 am

treswright wrote:
Rgncajun wrote:Wow no mention of big gruesome at the funko shop?

I've been out of commission all week due to a nasty bout with strep throat. Man it's been ugly! But yes, after many months of waiting after the accidental tease, we FINALLY have it! I was starting to wonder if they had decided not to make it for some reason. I've had the proto for a while now and I do have to say it bugs me that the scale is quite a bit off, he's the same size as other Dorbz figures when he should be much larger (maybe a 6" figure like the Pop version of him). And the car is too small relative to the other racers as well. But the detailing is fantastic and I'm happy they are making him despite the scale issue!

congrats tres! awesome! all the ride protos belong with you bro!!
FUNKO FIENDS PRESIDENT
IG & TWITTER: @SCOTTFOOMUSIC - YOUTUBE: FUNKOFIENDS
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:40 pm

Here are a couple of OOB pics of the Hopper and Brenner Ridez:

scottfoomusic510 wrote:congrats tres! awesome! all the ride protos belong with you bro!!

Thank you! Would love to have them all, but there are many that I've never seen surface. There must be a storage room at Funko HQ that's full of them!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:42 pm

Ramennoodlez wrote:waiting for the Thanos with the Thanos chopper to come out and make my day

This has been my top want since day 1. I need it to happen!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Couple of OOB pics of the Grinch Ridez:

As of now there is only one upcoming announced Ridez that hasn't been released yet, Wonder Woman on her pony, due out sometime this month. There are the two Star War ones that were revealed at Fundays but we have no news on those yet. I haven't heard any rumors either, does anyone else know different?

Ramennoodlez

Postby Ramennoodlez » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:15 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
Ramennoodlez wrote:waiting for the Thanos with the Thanos chopper to come out and make my day

This has been my top want since day 1. I need it to happen!

Heck yeah i would cry when this gets in my hands
ImageImage
ImageImage

Funko_Don

Postby Funko_Don » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:44 am

treswright wrote:Couple of OOB pics of the Grinch Ridez:

As of now there is only one upcoming announced Ridez that hasn't been released yet, Wonder Woman on her pony, due out sometime this month. There are the two Star War ones that were revealed at Fundays but we have no news on those yet. I haven't heard any rumors either, does anyone else know different?

LOVE the detail on this Grinch Ride. I haven't seen anything on those other 2 Star Wars Ridez, but I'm ok if they want to wait until January or February. ;-)
WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?!

ImageImageImageImage

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Thanks for keeping this thread current, Tres! Awesome display, my friend. What do you do with the inserts and boxes? I've been keeping mine but after getting the two Stranger Things and the Grinch ridez, my box collection is now officially out of hand. Now I'm thinking of keeping the boxes flattened, but tossing the inserts since they take up so much space. What to do... what to do.....???

Craig here......

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:24 pm

Looks like the Wonder Woman Ridez is out. My local Box Lunch posted a picture of it today.

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:37 am

I picked up mine today from Box Lunch. I believe they only received 4.

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:01 am

Funko Shop item today is Panthro with Thundertank! Wow it looks awesome!!

Alleycat wrote:Thanks for keeping this thread current, Tres! Awesome display, my friend. What do you do with the inserts and boxes? I've been keeping mine but after getting the two Stranger Things and the Grinch ridez, my box collection is now officially out of hand. Now I'm thinking of keeping the boxes flattened, but tossing the inserts since they take up so much space. What to do... what to do.....???

Thank you Craig! I've been folding my boxes flat and stacking the inserts as best I can, I mark the name of the Ridez on the edge of the insert in black Sharpie and then try to play with them a bit to see which ones stack best in the others. They definitely don't stack as well as Pop inserts! But they take up a lot less space that way than leaving the boxes unfolded.

Officerdorbz

Postby Officerdorbz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:41 pm

Got mine and also caved in and got the lady 3 pack I was missing.

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:51 pm

I'm excited for any Dorbz Ridez release but this one doesn't interest me in any way.

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:49 pm

fbingha wrote:I picked up mine today from Box Lunch. I believe they only received 4.

Which, the Wonder Woman Ridez? I hope it goes up online, there's no BL anywhere around me.

Officerdorbz wrote:Got mine and also caved in and got the lady 3 pack I was missing.

Nice! Got mine too!

fbingha wrote:I'm excited for any Dorbz Ridez release but this one doesn't interest me in any way.

I am strangely drawn to it even though I know zip about ThunderCats. I just love the yeti-looking face on the vehicle, too fun :-) I got the 3 pack too, just because I thought they looked cool.

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:27 pm

treswright wrote:
fbingha wrote:I picked up mine today from Box Lunch. I believe they only received 4.

Which, the Wonder Woman Ridez? I hope it goes up online, there's no BL anywhere around me.

Yes, the Wonder Woman Ridez.

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:40 pm

Forgot about this thread, time to add my 2 cents - This guy has a new favorite dorbz ride! Love Panthro and the thundertank!

Return to “Dorbz”