Free Comic Book Day Dorbz

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
emcee

Re: Free Comic Book Day Dorbz

Postby emcee » Sat May 07, 2016 6:30 pm

Popular comic/toy shop here wants $60 each for them >.>
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat May 07, 2016 6:31 pm

Some really angry people on Instagram...

Went to one comic shop. Nope. Waiting for them to pop up online.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat May 07, 2016 7:17 pm

Zip. Zilch. Nothing. Nada. Jack $h!t.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Sat May 07, 2016 7:32 pm

The price of these is unreal and people paying that price isn't going to bring them down anytime soon. The amount of dorbz chase only investors, sorry collectors, is unbearable. I'll wait they will come down in price.

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Sat May 07, 2016 7:36 pm

I wonder how many of these stores I've been reading about that stated that they "didn't have their orders fulfilled" just put their stock straight on eBay after finding out how big a deal these figures were.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat May 07, 2016 7:52 pm

Tony: Dean or Castiel head, add goatee + Iron Man body

Steve: Male Lone Wanderer head, paint hair blond + Cap body

Approx $20-25 each. Voila!
Team Dorbz 4 Life

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Sat May 07, 2016 8:30 pm

I feel sometimes like I have to point out the other side of the story on these situations...a couple things happened here...one Diamond who is the sole distributor for comics and these dorbz did a crappy job imo of getting the word out on these pieces. They send us retailers daily emails regarding FCBD items and there's a whole big rollout of books, promotional items etc and it's pretty massive. If you're dealing with them and don't really do books it can go unnoticed or if you're more into books sometimes the collectible stuff floats under the radar as you're trying to stock comics for FCBD. Plus they allocate these items heavily as well. Sometimes if you don't meet certain sales thresholds you only get part of your order for certain things filled. So some stores probably got a small number and are charging accordingly based on the demand. As usual the thirst collectors have can drive prices up or down depending on the items. If one guy pays 50 bucks other retailers see that an want to get top dollar too. Happens all the time and while we can point fingers and say it's a shame and unfair I always feel like people don't consider that the margin on a lot of these things is tiny, and the flipside is that if you're running something like a comic shop which is a nickel and dime business you do what you feel you have to to maximize your profit. Personally I think $30 a piece is high as hell, but can be justified as reasonable considering the scarcity. Knowing Diamond like I do I don't see a restock happening so good luck to those who really want these, but I wouldn't pay more than $30 for em.
Last edited by brooklyn_geek on Sat May 07, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Sat May 07, 2016 8:47 pm

Any word on when PC is supposed to have them up?
Current POPs: 219
Current Pocket POPs: 20
Current Dorbz: 54

Marvel Dream POP List: Metallic BuckyCap w/gun POP, Classic Black Widow POP, Nomad (Steve Rogers) POP
Marvel Dream Dorbz List: CA:TFA Dorbz, Golden Age Bucky Dorbz, CA:CW Dorbz Ride with Steve, Sam, Bucky, and VW Bug

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat May 07, 2016 8:50 pm

They could rerelease these as an exclusive 2-pack like the Supernatural set. Different sticker and all that jazz.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Sat May 07, 2016 9:02 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:They could rerelease these as an exclusive 2-pack like the Supernatural set. Different sticker and all that jazz.

Definitely a possibility I'm hoping to see happen. I think it was a good and bad idea to do these as FCBD exclusives, but then again they're putting Funko exclusives in places like Walgreen's so... :-&

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Sat May 07, 2016 9:19 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:I feel sometimes like I have to point out the other side of the story on these situations...a couple things happened here...one Diamond who is the sole distributor for comics and these dorbz did a crappy job imo of getting the word out on these pieces. They send us retailers daily emails regarding FCBD items and there's a whole big rollout of books, promotional items etc and it's pretty massive. If you're dealing with them and don't really do books it can go unnoticed or if you're more into books sometimes the collectible stuff floats under the radar as you're trying to stock comics for FCBD. Plus they allocate these items heavily as well. Sometimes if you don't meet certain sales thresholds you only get part of your order for certain things filled. So some stores probably got a small number and are charging accordingly based on the demand. As usual the thirst collectors have can drive prices up or down depending on the items. If one guy pays 50 bucks other retailers see that an want to get top dollar too. Happens all the time and while we can point fingers and say it's a shame and unfair I always feel like people don't consider that the margin on a lot of these things is tiny, and the flipside is that if you're running something like a comic shop which is a nickel and dime business you do what you feel you have to to maximize your profit. Personally I think $30 a piece is high as hell, but can be justified as reasonable considering the scarcity. Knowing Diamond like I do I don't see a restock happening so good luck to those who really want these, but I wouldn't pay more than $30 for em.

I get what you're saying. I know my local shop sells tons of Funko products and they had a problem with the way Diamond allocated these. They ordered several cases and were told they would get three. Then they were told they wouldn't get any. About a week ago they were invoiced for and paid for one case. That one case still hasn't arrived at their store. I know they didn't get them and sell them at higher prices, because I know the owners pretty well. From what I've seen so far it seems that the collectors and store owners are both frustrated. I'm hoping they get that one case. If not I'm not planning on paying some outrageous price for these. I really just want Cap, but I can live without him is he's $50 or more.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sat May 07, 2016 9:55 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:I feel sometimes like I have to point out the other side of the story on these situations...a couple things happened here...one Diamond who is the sole distributor for comics and these dorbz did a crappy job imo of getting the word out on these pieces. They send us retailers daily emails regarding FCBD items and there's a whole big rollout of books, promotional items etc and it's pretty massive. If you're dealing with them and don't really do books it can go unnoticed or if you're more into books sometimes the collectible stuff floats under the radar as you're trying to stock comics for FCBD. Plus they allocate these items heavily as well. Sometimes if you don't meet certain sales thresholds you only get part of your order for certain things filled. So some stores probably got a small number and are charging accordingly based on the demand. As usual the thirst collectors have can drive prices up or down depending on the items. If one guy pays 50 bucks other retailers see that an want to get top dollar too. Happens all the time and while we can point fingers and say it's a shame and unfair I always feel like people don't consider that the margin on a lot of these things is tiny, and the flipside is that if you're running something like a comic shop which is a nickel and dime business you do what you feel you have to to maximize your profit. Personally I think $30 a piece is high as hell, but can be justified as reasonable considering the scarcity. Knowing Diamond like I do I don't see a restock happening so good luck to those who really want these, but I wouldn't pay more than $30 for em.

I totally agree with you. Having said that, that gives no explanation for Hastings. Selling a $6 figure for $15, then raising it to $35 after the initial sellout isn't the same as a nickel and dime store charging more. I'm perfectly fine with an LCS getting whatever they can out of these if it helps them stay in business (but I agree it's bad business to lie about what you're doing to cover it up). A big company like Hastings is just blatantly taking advantage of the situation, especially since I'd guess they got a larger portion of these than small comic shops.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Sat May 07, 2016 10:02 pm

groundhog7s wrote:

I totally agree with you. Having said that, that gives no explanation for Hastings. Selling a $6 figure for $15, then raising it to $35 after the initial sellout isn't the same as a nickel and dime store charging more. I'm perfectly fine with an LCS getting whatever they can out of these if it helps them stay in business (but I agree it's bad business to lie about what you're doing to cover it up). A big company like Hastings is just blatantly taking advantage of the situation, especially since I'd guess they got a larger portion of these than small comic shops.

I go head up online with companies like Hastings all the time and yeah they're pretty cutthroat with their pricing, I agree...and yep, looks like they got a bunch of these. I tried to get a hold of some of the mickey mouse hikari yesterday and couldn't even get 4...Gemini is getting a ton of them while they limit us to a really small number. The good thing is an exclusive here can also be sold in other regions so I'm hoping PC gets these in & people have another shot at getting them at a decent price.

fmp398

Postby fmp398 » Sun May 08, 2016 1:01 am

my local comic book store was doing a raffle to allow the winner to buy the set at $80...guess I'll wait for it to be in stock on PC like everyone else

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Sun May 08, 2016 6:19 am

Again, I still think the pricing is crazy!
Has there been an announcement on the production run?
HT had the metallic Maleficent for $9.99 in store, online for $50, with a production run of 1500 pieces.
EE had the Batman Animated series for $7.99, online for $55, with a production run of 1008 pieces.
The FCD dorbz were for a mass celebration nation wide. The run had to be large. There are still stores that ordered these and we're charged but never received the product. I would have to say more with show up in stores soon or a lot of refunds will have to go out. Diamond does not like giving out massive refunds lol
On the local store side, I understand the pricing to an extent as I owned a collectible shop for years. If diamond charged $6 per dorbz.... $15 would be a fair markup considering how small of a profit collectible stores get. But 30, 40, or 50 dollars a piece....that's nuts! I would never give that store mu business again. There is no customer loyalty there at all.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

emk194

Postby emk194 » Sun May 08, 2016 10:37 am

CptWhizbang wrote:Any word on when PC is supposed to have them up?

They said they were waiting on word from Funko as to when they could sell them. They said maybe Friday afternoon, but that didn't happen. I think they'll probably be up Monday morning.
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Sun May 08, 2016 3:09 pm

Finally got shipping notice from Hastings today. Was beginning to wonder since they'd charged my card
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Sun May 08, 2016 3:11 pm

jedik6 wrote:Finally got shipping notice from Hastings today. Was beginning to wonder since they'd charged my card

I ordered before the price increase and still haven't heard anything :/

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Sun May 08, 2016 3:21 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:
jedik6 wrote:Finally got shipping notice from Hastings today. Was beginning to wonder since they'd charged my card

Me too. If you don't hear by tomorrow morning, I'd call customer service. I was about to do that myself if I didn't get word today
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Sun May 08, 2016 3:32 pm

jedik6 wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:

Me too. If you don't hear by tomorrow morning, I'd call customer service. I was about to do that myself if I didn't get word today

Yeah, I will. I'd call right now if they operated on weekends. Lol. I just want my Steve already!

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Sun May 08, 2016 3:57 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:
jedik6 wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:I ordered before the price increase and still haven't heard anything :/

Yeah, I will. I'd call right now if they operated on weekends. Lol. I just want my Steve already!

Lol! I was about to do the same yesterday when o realized they were only Monday-Friday
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:02 pm

I'm so glad these will be on PC.
ISO
Also looking for Shiva, Basilisk, and Olenna Tyrell

emk194

Postby emk194 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:04 pm

Last edited by emk194 on Sun May 08, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

PinkeyPikaPika90

Postby PinkeyPikaPika90 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:04 pm

They're on site now :) hopefully those who want them will have a chance :)

emk194

Postby emk194 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:39 pm

They're off the site now. They were showing OOS.
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

hikanteki

Postby hikanteki » Sun May 08, 2016 7:45 pm

Ugh. They showed "In Stock" but I tried to add them to my cart and they wouldn't add; it just kept on redirecting me to the product page.
Then after about 5 minutes of that the product pages disappeared... :'(

After literally checking Popcultcha every half hour today...seeing them come and go like that really bites.
David here. Pleased to meet you! =)

Mazda79

Postby Mazda79 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:54 pm

hikanteki wrote:Ugh. They showed "In Stock" but I tried to add them to my cart and they wouldn't add; it just kept on redirecting me to the product page.
Then after about 5 minutes of that the product pages disappeared... :'(

After literally checking Popcultcha every half hour today...seeing them come and go like that really bites.

That happened to me a few weeks ago with Unmasked Flash ....

Was fortunate to secure a set of the FCBD dorbz as all stores in Toronto Canada had diamond cancel their orders.

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Sun May 08, 2016 8:00 pm

I got an order confirmation from PC, hopefully they didn't oversell! Congrats to everyone who scored them!!
Kristen

nicole1313

Postby nicole1313 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:13 pm

apparently there was a stock limit of 74-90 and sold out nearly instantly looks like a flipper may have brought a large number :(
i want these so bad :(
Last edited by nicole1313 on Sun May 08, 2016 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pops 617 Mystery minis 32
Hikari 43 Wobblers 4
Dorbz 95 Fabrikations 3

Pop Jester

Postby Pop Jester » Sun May 08, 2016 8:18 pm

nicole1313 wrote:apparently there was a stock limit of 74-90 and sold out nearly instantly looks like a flipper may have brought a large number :(

I know some guy on reddit say he got 5 of each
Hi my name is James
Currently on the hunt for: Nothing?

emk194

Postby emk194 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:26 pm

nicole1313 wrote:apparently there was a stock limit of 74-90 and sold out nearly instantly looks like a flipper may have brought a large number :(

Ugh. That's lame, but also expected. Just gotta be aggressive with these things whenever you can, I think. That's my approach, anyways. :(
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

Turtledoc

Postby Turtledoc » Sun May 08, 2016 9:34 pm

Omg! Went to see the movie and they sell out in minutes? I've been checking PC all weekend. Guh.
Mystery Minis: 332
Pops: 33
Dorbz: 21

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Sun May 08, 2016 9:58 pm

Same here! Really looking forward to adding these two to my collection.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Sun May 08, 2016 11:03 pm

I had taken my mom to see Civil War and these go on sale while we were watching the movie. Oh well, time with mom was worth it.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

funkystark

Postby funkystark » Sun May 08, 2016 11:19 pm

jcrook wrote:I had taken my mom to see Civil War and these go on sale while we were watching the movie. Oh well, time with mom was worth it.

Awesome that your mom wanted to see Civil War!

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Sun May 08, 2016 11:27 pm

I couldn't believe how fast they sold out, smh. Guess I'll watch and see if Ebay prices come down.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

PinkeyPikaPika90

Postby PinkeyPikaPika90 » Sun May 08, 2016 11:57 pm

jcrook wrote:I had taken my mom to see Civil War and these go on sale while we were watching the movie. Oh well, time with mom was worth it.

I'm taking my Mom on Tuesday!! Marvels Moms should be a thing lol (though my Mom still thinks Deadpool is Spiderman.... That was the most entertaining fail ever lol) :)

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Mon May 09, 2016 12:56 am

Not Dorbz or even marvel related, but I took my mom to see Episode 7 on opening day in downtown Disney, it was awesome! My mom is now waiting for Guardians of the Galaxy 2, 1st was by far her favorite marvel movie!
2012 Rookie of the Year

PinkeyPikaPika90

Postby PinkeyPikaPika90 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:08 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:Not Dorbz or even marvel related, but I took my mom to see Episode 7 on opening day in downtown Disney, it was awesome! My mom is now waiting for Guardians of the Galaxy 2, 1st was by far her favorite marvel movie!

That's so sweet this should be a thread topic; it was Mother's Day so these stories are definitely relevant lol

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Mon May 09, 2016 6:32 am

Should we take Funko's silence on this subject as a sign of not giving a crap?

Who else is supposed to have these? Midtown still has the 6 piece case for sale 5/18 and they raised the price -_-

I wanna know if they will sell them individually.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

Return to “Dorbz”