Free Comic Book Day Dorbz

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Re: Free Comic Book Day Dorbz

Postby Valde » Mon May 09, 2016 6:51 am

PopGoestheJess wrote:Should we take Funko's silence on this subject as a sign of not giving a crap?

Who else is supposed to have these? Midtown still has the 6 piece case for sale 5/18 and they raised the price -_-

I wanna know if they will sell them individually.

Funko can't help how these are sold or given away. If retailers want to charge $20 for a regular release. Pop that's their option. They have suggested retail price, but the stores selling them don't have to abide.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon May 09, 2016 7:44 am

PopGoestheJess wrote:Should we take Funko's silence on this subject as a sign of not giving a crap?

Who else is supposed to have these? Midtown still has the 6 piece case for sale 5/18 and they raised the price -_-

I wanna know if they will sell them individually.

Funko's silence really has nothing to do with this. This is a distribution and planning issue from Diamond.
* They did not focus on these in their FCBD planner for shops to order from so it could have been easily overlooked.
* There are a lot of shops that show they were charged for an order but never received it.
* The comic shops took it upon themselves to sell on ebay, raffle them, or raise the prices.
Again, Funko had nothing to do with this. They are asked for an exclusive by Diamond, Diamond orders and pays for them. After that, what is Funko suppose to do? They cannot step in and tell Diamond how to run their business. They can restrict them or something for how this was handled but in the end Funko is a business too and wants to sell product.
One good thing that could come of this, Diamond does not like giving refunds. With so many stores claiming to have been charged but not receive the product, Diamond is in panic mode. There may be a bunch of late shipments arriving to stores this week. Lets hope this happens and that the local shops don't go crazy with pricing. AND that the collectors don't go crazy and accept this type of pricing lol
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Mon May 09, 2016 8:20 am

Funko has everything to do with it. They don't have to do exclusives if they don't want to.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

emk194

Postby emk194 » Mon May 09, 2016 8:37 am

How is this Funko's fault if stores want to sell them significantly more than the SRP?? Your argument doesn't make any sense. They gave exclusives to several comic book stores in the U.S. They probably suggested a price for the comic book stores to sell them at. The comic book stores either chose to, or chose not to follow that suggested price. This is exactly what happened.

Think of it this way - I sell you 6 POPs at cost (let's say $15 each). How on Earth is it my fault that you turn the other way and sell them to make a profit at $50 each. You think it's right that others should blame ME for what you did? No. For small, local comic book stores, they need to make a profit to survive. I'm not saying what they're doing is right or wrong - that's just how it is. The stores bought the products from Funko, and that's the end of their relationship with Funko. What the stores choose to do re: the prices is really not Funko's fault.
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Mon May 09, 2016 8:59 am

I never said anything about the price and I'm not asking for agreement.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Mon May 09, 2016 9:45 am

PinkeyPikaPika90 wrote:
jcrook wrote:I had taken my mom to see Civil War and these go on sale while we were watching the movie. Oh well, time with mom was worth it.

I'm taking my Mom on Tuesday!! Marvels Moms should be a thing lol (though my Mom still thinks Deadpool is Spiderman.... That was the most entertaining fail ever lol) :)

Marvel Moms should definitely be a thing! My mama would be in the club, and I feel like she'd get in the newsletter (moms love newsletters, right?) a lot with her hilariously sweet takes on the characters.

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon May 09, 2016 10:43 am

I was lucky that my local comic book shop held onto a set for me, knowing full well what they were probably going to go for on eBay. Stand up guy!

Another shop raffled a pair off for a Cystic Fibrosis charity so that was awesome of them to do so.

LuckyStitch626

Postby LuckyStitch626 » Mon May 09, 2016 10:55 am

The Funko team really knows what they're doing. First they announce the FCBD Dorbz and I'm like, cool, Captain America is my favorite character and I like the look of both characters unmasked but I can probably pass on these because I'm not a Dorbz person.

Then they put a partially unmasked Iron Man Dorbz in the Civil War box and I'm like, well crap, now I need an unmasked Cap to go with my Iron Man. So now my interest in Dorbz has skyrocketed.

Cut to FCBD last Saturday and of course the Dorbz are very scarce with some shops getting only 3 of each character and most shops not getting any at all. So now they're selling for ridiculous amounts of money on ebay and I bet interest in Dorbz is now at an all time high. Bravo Funko =D>

I think I may just trade or sell my Iron Man and be done with Dorbz again. I think it may be best to make a clean break rather than trying to get that unmasked Cap.

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon May 09, 2016 1:04 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:Funko has everything to do with it. They don't have to do exclusives if they don't want to.

I think exclusives are cool, but these super ultra limited exclusives are what I don't understand. Many exclusive Pops and now Dorbz are just never available at a reasonable price to even hardcore collectors because the super limited numbers and high resale values make them far too attractive to insider flippers to divert them to eBay before they ever even hit store shelves. I'm all for exclusives but I think Funko should make at least enough of them to give most collectors a fighting chance at getting them at retail price.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

hikanteki

Postby hikanteki » Mon May 09, 2016 1:17 pm

I'm inclined to think that the issue is more Diamond than Funko. It sounds like the distribution was problematic due to more retailers getting charged than getting product. And while many of us are (so far) empty handed...many have also been successful. These also don't have an edition size on the stamp.

This isn't like, say, the ECCC exclusives where the runs for everything were artifically low and let the first X people each buy dozens of product, to the point that even the regular attendees had no chance at them.
David here. Pleased to meet you! =)

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:49 pm

I went to 4 shops no one had them.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Mon May 09, 2016 2:07 pm

treswright wrote:
PopGoestheJess wrote:Funko has everything to do with it. They don't have to do exclusives if they don't want to.

I think exclusives are cool, but these super ultra limited exclusives are what I don't understand. Many exclusive Pops and now Dorbz are just never available at a reasonable price to even hardcore collectors because the super limited numbers and high resale values make them far too attractive to insider flippers to divert them to eBay before they ever even hit store shelves. I'm all for exclusives but I think Funko should make at least enough of them to give most collectors a fighting chance at getting them at retail price.

Lovely. Someone who understands me. Introducing a new product then making it darn near impossible to get it frustrating as heck. If enough people get fed up and stop collecting Dorbz all together, then what? If Diamond wanted an exclusive the should've offered mask-up War Machine or Hawekeye :razz:
Team Dorbz 4 Life

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon May 09, 2016 2:23 pm

treswright wrote:

What is considered 'enough' though? In my opinion, exclusives and limited runs should be just that. Limited and exclusive. They shouldn't be available at a con and then a few weeks later at PC and/or HT. There has to be some form of exclusivity to these pieces. There are plenty of pieces out there that I may never get my hands on and that's okay. Why? Because someone else, who probably wanted it just as bad, was probably able to get it. I'd be no fun if I was able to get every single piece I wanted with ease. Again, that's just me. I collect because it brings me joy and helps me get away from the stress of real life, so I try to remain as happy and positive about it as I can.
I'm Abe

PinkeyPikaPika90

Postby PinkeyPikaPika90 » Mon May 09, 2016 2:26 pm

allhermight wrote:
PinkeyPikaPika90 wrote:
jcrook wrote:I had taken my mom to see Civil War and these go on sale while we were watching the movie. Oh well, time with mom was worth it.

I'm taking my Mom on Tuesday!! Marvels Moms should be a thing lol (though my Mom still thinks Deadpool is Spiderman.... That was the most entertaining fail ever lol) :)

Marvel Moms should definitely be a thing! My mama would be in the club, and I feel like she'd get in the newsletter (moms love newsletters, right?) a lot with her hilariously sweet takes on the characters.

Yes Marvel's Moms need a newsletter especially a digital one so my Mom can complain about how everything is on the internet lol than proceeds to read the entire letter like she wasn't complaining about it five minutes ago lol =D>

scottfoomusic510

Postby scottfoomusic510 » Mon May 09, 2016 2:44 pm

waiting for the go hastings envelope
FUNKO FIENDS PRESIDENT
IG & TWITTER: @SCOTTFOOMUSIC - YOUTUBE: FUNKOFIENDS
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Mon May 09, 2016 3:05 pm

I had a feeling Hastings would screw me... thank goodness I decided to play it safe and order one from PC too.

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon May 09, 2016 3:06 pm

MyLittleFunkos wrote:What is considered 'enough' though? In my opinion, exclusives and limited runs should be just that. Limited and exclusive. They shouldn't be available at a con and then a few weeks later at PC and/or HT.

I don't disagree with that sentiment, but look at ECCC. There were people that went there specifically because they wanted to nab some exclusive Pops and they weren't able to. Now that is patently unfair, someone who is a collector that just wants those pieces for their own collection is unable to buy them because con insiders line-jumped and nabbed them all to sell at 5-10 times retail cost, often right there at the con. It's actually DISCOURAGING people who might normally go from going (including me). If they had made 1500-2000 of each exclusive instead of 300 then I would think that all con goers who wanted exclusives would have gotten them, and they still would have met your criteria of not showing up on PC or HT later. That's all I'm saying is that Funko should be a little more reasonable in the production numbers.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

sniktyouX_23

Postby sniktyouX_23 » Mon May 09, 2016 3:11 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:I had a feeling Hastings would screw me... thank goodness I decided to play it safe and order one from PC too.

Did they officially cancel your order, or you just haven't received shipping notice yet?
Hello everyone, I'm Amaris. Make mine Marvel! (and Harry Potter)
Pop Count: umm...a lot
Dorbz Count: who's counting?
Other: enough. Or is it?

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Mon May 09, 2016 3:13 pm

sniktyouX_23 wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:I had a feeling Hastings would screw me... thank goodness I decided to play it safe and order one from PC too.

Did they officially cancel your order, or you just haven't received shipping notice yet?

I called customer service and was told that it's "on hold", which means that it's out of stock, but that they would keep my order open for seven days in case any turn up.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Mon May 09, 2016 3:14 pm

Edition sizes of film tie-in pieces like this could be done by limited preorder. Preorder is open for a day then closed. Whatever the total preordered is the edition size. Still limited but no appeal for flippers.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

sniktyouX_23

Postby sniktyouX_23 » Mon May 09, 2016 3:20 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:
sniktyouX_23 wrote:

I called customer service and was told that it's "on hold", which means that it's out of stock, but that they would keep my order open for seven days in case any turn up.

That's more or less what I was told too when I emailed them. Doubtful any actually do show up. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Mon May 09, 2016 3:34 pm

sniktyouX_23 wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:
sniktyouX_23 wrote:Did they officially cancel your order, or you just haven't received shipping notice yet?

That's more or less what I was told too when I emailed them. Doubtful any actually do show up. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

I'm doubtful too, but I wish you luck. If by some miracle I end up with a two, I will be hosting a giveaway.

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Mon May 09, 2016 3:38 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:
sniktyouX_23 wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:I called customer service and was told that it's "on hold", which means that it's out of stock, but that they would keep my order open for seven days in case any turn up.

I'm doubtful too, but I wish you luck. If by some miracle I end up with a two, I will be hosting a giveaway.

That sucks. I'm sorry this happened to both of you.
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon May 09, 2016 3:42 pm

treswright wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:What is considered 'enough' though? In my opinion, exclusives and limited runs should be just that. Limited and exclusive. They shouldn't be available at a con and then a few weeks later at PC and/or HT.

I don't disagree with that sentiment, but look at ECCC. There were people that went there specifically because they wanted to nab some exclusive Pops and they weren't able to. Now that is patently unfair, someone who is a collector that just wants those pieces for their own collection is unable to buy them because con insiders line-jumped and nabbed them all to sell at 5-10 times retail cost, often right there at the con. It's actually DISCOURAGING people who might normally go from going (including me). If they had made 1500-2000 of each exclusive instead of 300 then I would think that all con goers who wanted exclusives would have gotten them, and they still would have met your criteria of not showing up on PC or HT later. That's all I'm saying is that Funko should be a little more reasonable in the production numbers.

I agree that the numbers at ECCC were very low. And I did feel bad for a lot of the people I talked to in-line, as we waited to get in, because most of them said they were there early on Thursday and were unable to get what they wanted. And the whole flipping aspect is completely understandable but unfortunately it's something we will continue to have to battle. Especially because there are plenty of people willing to pay 5-10 times the cost. The other argument is that you can stay home and order a piece that you would have never gotten unless you spent $XXXX to get to said con, spent 'X' amount of hours waiting in line and then $XX to ship it back. I don't know...Like I said, I just try to see things as positive as possible. Otherwise, why bother collecting if I'm just going to be getting mad over what I can't have?

sniktyouX_23 wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:
sniktyouX_23 wrote:Did they officially cancel your order, or you just haven't received shipping notice yet?

I was charged for my purchase almost right away and it still shows as pending with no shipping info. I'm thinking mine isn't coming lol
I'm Abe

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Mon May 09, 2016 3:50 pm

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
treswright wrote:

I agree that the numbers at ECCC were very low. And I did feel bad for a lot of the people I talked to in-line, as we waited to get in, because most of them said they were there early on Thursday and were unable to get what they wanted. And the whole flipping aspect is completely understandable but unfortunately it's something we will continue to have to battle. Especially because there are plenty of people willing to pay 5-10 times the cost. The other argument is that you can stay home and order a piece that you would have never gotten unless you spent $XXXX to get to said con, spent 'X' amount of hours waiting in line and then $XX to ship it back. I don't know...Like I said, I just try to see things as positive as possible. Otherwise, why bother collecting if I'm just going to be getting mad over what I can't have?

sniktyouX_23 wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:I called customer service and was told that it's "on hold", which means that it's out of stock, but that they would keep my order open for seven days in case any turn up.

I was charged for my purchase almost right away and it still shows as pending with no shipping info. I'm thinking mine isn't coming lol

I was charged too - though mine was charged on 5/5 and got shipping notice on Sunday....I was about to call them.
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

sniktyouX_23

Postby sniktyouX_23 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:03 pm

Now right after I've said all that I get a shipping notification from UPS, so I guess they are coming? :-k Tentative delivery date of Friday.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon May 09, 2016 4:20 pm

sniktyouX_23 wrote:Now right after I've said all that I get a shipping notification from UPS, so I guess they are coming? :-k Tentative delivery date of Friday.

Congrats!!

I can't even find an order number for the purchase. Did I even put in my e-mail? :-k Here's to hoping I get a nice surprise this week... :D
I'm Abe

sniktyouX_23

Postby sniktyouX_23 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:23 pm

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
sniktyouX_23 wrote:Now right after I've said all that I get a shipping notification from UPS, so I guess they are coming? :-k Tentative delivery date of Friday.

Congrats!!

I can't even find an order number for the purchase. Did I even put in my e-mail? :-k Here's to hoping I get a nice surprise this week... :D

Fingers crossed for you, Abe! I can't imagine a world where you don't have Mr. Stark lol

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:24 pm

Still havent received shipping info from hastings. Guess I'm not getting lucky haha
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Mon May 09, 2016 4:30 pm

MyLittleFunkos wrote:

Congrats!!

I just got an email reaffirming what I was told on the phone...

Thank you for your email regarding your order. We do everything possible to ensure that the inventory listed on goHastings.com is of the highest accuracy possible. However, due to the latency between goHastings.com’s site and Hastings physical stores, items can be listed as available, but physically sell out before the online inventory can be updated.
This appears to be the case with this order.
To provide the best service possible to our customers, we do keep the order as active for up to (7 days in the event that another copy of the product ordered is received into inventory. Should this happen, we will immediately fulfill the order placed.
However, should you wish, I would be happy to cancel this order, at which point you will be issued a full refund for your order. Please feel free to call us or email us back should you choose to cancel the order.
The refund would post back to your method of payment in 2-10 business days (dependent upon your bank’s policies after we process the cancellation. Your shipping cost will be included in the refund. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Have a wonderful day!

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon May 09, 2016 5:00 pm

sniktyouX_23 wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:

Congrats!!

Fingers crossed for you, Abe! I can't imagine a world where you don't have Mr. Stark lol

Maybe in Earth 2. But in this earth, Abe gets his Stark (even if it's eBay lol ).

Boba_Fetish wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:

Congrats!!

I just got an email reaffirming what I was told on the phone...

Thank you for your email regarding your order. We do everything possible to ensure that the inventory listed on goHastings.com is of the highest accuracy possible. However, due to the latency between goHastings.com’s site and Hastings physical stores, items can be listed as available, but physically sell out before the online inventory can be updated.
This appears to be the case with this order.
To provide the best service possible to our customers, we do keep the order as active for up to (7 days in the event that another copy of the product ordered is received into inventory. Should this happen, we will immediately fulfill the order placed.
However, should you wish, I would be happy to cancel this order, at which point you will be issued a full refund for your order. Please feel free to call us or email us back should you choose to cancel the order.
The refund would post back to your method of payment in 2-10 business days (dependent upon your bank’s policies after we process the cancellation. Your shipping cost will be included in the refund. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Have a wonderful day!

At least I know they'll contact you if it doesn't go through. Thanks!

toro423 wrote:Still havent received shipping info from hastings. Guess I'm not getting lucky haha

Maybe we can find a Dorbz with a similar head and do a quick swap? Eh, whatdoyasay? :D
I'm Abe

hikanteki

Postby hikanteki » Mon May 09, 2016 5:12 pm

The price of these is falling on eBay. Many of the ones selling them for $100 a pair are going unsold. Now it looks like the going price is $80/pair. Hopefully when the rest of the stores get their shipments and the flippers who bought a ton from Popcultcha get theirs and flood eBay with them, then price will go down even further.

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Mon May 09, 2016 5:20 pm

For those willing to chip in on a case, Midtown Comics seems to be a viable option to get these cheap... if the sale page ever actually goes live.

Trixt

Postby Trixt » Mon May 09, 2016 5:30 pm

hikanteki wrote:The price of these is falling on eBay. Many of the ones selling them for $100 a pair are going unsold. Now it looks like the going price is $80/pair. Hopefully when the rest of the stores get their shipments and the flippers who bought a ton from Popcultcha get theirs and flood eBay with them, then price will go down even further.

That's what I'm thinking. Waiting a week or two for the eBay price drop.
Name is Wil.

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Mon May 09, 2016 5:46 pm

I went out looking in NYC yesterday May 8th - I went to Midtown and some of the staff told me they didn't get them, Not sure if that was true or not, but obviously they didn't have them. We went to Fugitive toys, toy tokyo, no one had it.... I was about to buy them both on eBay from someone for a buy it now of $71.99 and it was purchased right out from under me before my eyes... I just can't see paying $100.... I wants it so bad... gollum..
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

hikanteki

Postby hikanteki » Mon May 09, 2016 5:51 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:For those willing to chip in on a case, Midtown Comics seems to be a viable option to get these cheap... if the sale page ever actually goes live.

Have they given any clues to when they might go live? I’m willing to go in with a few people to get a case, if it materializes.

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Mon May 09, 2016 6:03 pm

hikanteki wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:For those willing to chip in on a case, Midtown Comics seems to be a viable option to get these cheap... if the sale page ever actually goes live.

Have they given any clues to when they might go live? I’m willing to go in with a few people to get a case, if it materializes.

I would guess Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

[Edit] The site says weekly releases are updated every Wednesday, so you should be able to order next week's releases this Wednesday.

Turtledoc

Postby Turtledoc » Mon May 09, 2016 6:29 pm

If the Midtown Link goes up I am also game to get a case and redistribute the spoils.
Mystery Minis: 332
Pops: 33
Dorbz: 21

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Mon May 09, 2016 6:46 pm

Between this nonsense and Sideshow keeping quiet about the Civil War cosbabies, I'm about to go into a toy rage over this movie ](*,)
Current POPs: 219
Current Pocket POPs: 20
Current Dorbz: 54

Marvel Dream POP List: Metallic BuckyCap w/gun POP, Classic Black Widow POP, Nomad (Steve Rogers) POP
Marvel Dream Dorbz List: CA:TFA Dorbz, Golden Age Bucky Dorbz, CA:CW Dorbz Ride with Steve, Sam, Bucky, and VW Bug

hikanteki

Postby hikanteki » Mon May 09, 2016 6:57 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:
hikanteki wrote:

I would guess Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

[Edit] The site says weekly releases are updated every Wednesday, so you should be able to order next week's releases this Wednesday.

Thanks! I’ll keep an eye out. They open at 8 AM EST so I’m guessing if they go up, it will probably be around that time? (Which is 5 AM PST... :-k )

Return to “Dorbz”