The Dorbz Need is Growing

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

The Dorbz Need is Growing

Postby Jezter » Thu May 05, 2016 10:59 am

I never, ever thought I'd say this, but I'm really feeling the need to buy more Dorbz. I've kept myself pretty resistant with most of them, thankfully, but the urge is growing inside me to get more....more....more!!!

I have Ultron, Loki, Cowboy Deadpool and Unmasked Iron Man from the MCC boxes, but I also went out and got some of my favorite characters like Superman, Wolverine, Ghost Rider and Freddy Krueger. I've resisted getting more Marvel and totally avoided Supernatural, but....it's....getting....more...difficult! Now that I have unmasked IM, I kind of want to balance him out and go get a Captain America. I also have the urge to get any of the X-Men out there, plus another Deadpool. I still want Supernatural too.

The only thing really holding me back, is I need a lot more POps right now, and since most of the Dorbz prices are the same as Pops, it has helped to keep me in check.

I still can't believe I want Dorbz, I just wasn't a fan when I first saw them, lol.

Now to hope they never make Doctor Who!!!

Just had to share how frustrating and funny this all is.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Re: The Dorbz Need is Growing

Postby funkystark » Thu May 05, 2016 11:02 am

I'm right there with you, when they first came out I never saw myself owning or wanting any but spending 4 straight days at NYCC with them, I was hooked! Now I have a bunch but am doing good at sticking to just Marvel, I know I'll break that rule when the Jetsons are released but for now I'm going great ;)

As for you, let that will power go! let the dorbz consume you :)

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu May 05, 2016 11:17 am

I've almost completely stopped buying Mystery minis and go strait for Dorbz. I'm kinda sad I didn't buy any of last years convention exclusives while they were a decent price.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

big_pun_209

Postby big_pun_209 » Thu May 05, 2016 12:44 pm

AKA: Rob
Image Image

Viva La Rev!!

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu May 05, 2016 1:41 pm

Jezter wrote:Just had to share how frustrating and funny this all is.

Well you can do something silly like pay bills and rent, or you can put that money to use by purchasing more Dorbz. I will just leave you with this- no one has ever gone to the grave saying "I wish I had paid more bills" lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

emk194

Postby emk194 » Thu May 05, 2016 1:55 pm

I went from initially not liking them to now owning 28. I think it's because there's less POPs I'm interested in at the moment. Maybe. I don't know. Could just be the adorable-ness of the, uh, Dorbz that's attracting me to them. :dontknow:
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu May 05, 2016 1:57 pm

I ended up getting really addicted to the Marvel ones but now I find myself loving Fallout and Game of Thrones too. Even the Scooby Doo looks cool.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Thu May 05, 2016 2:26 pm

I am trying not to collect them all but they are becoming more and more addictive. The Jetsons and Game of Thrones are the ones I am currently anticipating being released.
Dorian Arloe

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Thu May 05, 2016 2:31 pm

I told myself I would only get characters that I'm familiar with, but...umm...that didn't work out! I love Dorbz so much that I bought four of the Assassin's Creed series and I've never played the game. I just ordered Matt Murdock and Wilson Fisk and I haven't watched Daredevil (yet). They are addictive. Accept it. :D
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu May 05, 2016 3:09 pm

Arloe8 wrote:I am trying not to collect them all but they are becoming more and more addictive. The Jetsons and Game of Thrones are the ones I am currently anticipating being released.

What if they made Equestria Girls Dorbz? :)
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby CAHRULL » Thu May 05, 2016 3:19 pm

I never hated them, but wasn't really interested in collecting them until I got a Loki Dorbz in my MCC box. Once I had one in person and got to see how it looked alongside the Pops on my display, it was clear they would start becoming a part of my collection lol I still only have about 6, but as the licenses broaden I can really see myself getting more into them.
Hi, I'm Alex! IG: @CAHRULL_AZ

big_pun_209

Postby big_pun_209 » Thu May 05, 2016 4:01 pm

Valde wrote:
Arloe8 wrote:I am trying not to collect them all but they are becoming more and more addictive. The Jetsons and Game of Thrones are the ones I am currently anticipating being released.

One of my daughters is big time MLP fan.... I'd would have to end up buying them all.
AKA: Rob
Image Image

Viva La Rev!!

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Thu May 05, 2016 7:20 pm

Valde wrote:

I'm honestly not a fan LOL but would buy them up in a heart beat! Really want some MLP Dorbz since the vinyls have halted at the moment.

On a side note I ventured into HT today and they had all the Adventure Time Dorbz including a Princess Bubblegum Chase. First Dorbz chase in the wild!!!
Dorian Arloe

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Fri May 06, 2016 10:11 am

Nice score on the chase!

Since they announced this line I've felt Dorbz would be the closest thing to Pops that Funko would release in terms of success. I like to think of Dorbz as Pops: The Next Generation.

Now I'm hoping for Star Trek Dorbz.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Fri May 06, 2016 10:40 am

I was indifferent after the Ultron Dorbz, but they seemed to have gotten better with every series. Now, I absolutely love them. Unfortunately, because of limited shelf space, I have to be very picky as to which I buy. But they are definitely addicting! Especially because of the chase pieces.
I'm Abe

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Fri May 06, 2016 11:13 am

Yeah, had the line been packed like Ultron or not had chases I think it would have failed by now.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri May 06, 2016 11:46 am

Same here, Ultron was the first one I saw in person, and did absolutely nothing to make me want to get any others. Then I saw Ghost Rider and Wolverine and being two of my favorite comic characters, I had to get them, then we got Loki in the MCC box and he was cool even though not a big character to me. From there I knew I needed at least characters that meant something for me.

Thankfully my Pop addicted keeps my other interested at bay...for now.

Pops!- 716ish

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Fri May 06, 2016 1:14 pm

funkystark wrote:I'm right there with you, when they first came out I never saw myself owning or wanting any but spending 4 straight days at NYCC with them, I was hooked! Now I have a bunch but am doing good at sticking to just Marvel, I know I'll break that rule when the Jetsons are released but for now I'm going great ;)

As for you, let that will power go! let the dorbz consume you :)

I was on the same boat. Did not see myself collecting, but dorbz have consumed me!
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Fri May 06, 2016 1:41 pm

Valde wrote:I've almost completely stopped buying Mystery minis and go strait for Dorbz. I'm kinda sad I didn't buy any of last years convention exclusives while they were a decent price.

I'm right there with you! Those couple con exclusives were $30ish for a while I think? Now they're a bit crazy!
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Stu

Postby Stu » Fri May 06, 2016 7:42 pm

Jezter wrote:I never, ever thought I'd say this, but I'm really feeling the need to buy more Dorbz. I've kept myself pretty resistant with most of them, thankfully, but the urge is growing inside me to get more....more....more!!!

I have Ultron, Loki, Cowboy Deadpool and Unmasked Iron Man from the MCC boxes, but I also went out and got some of my favorite characters like Superman, Wolverine, Ghost Rider and Freddy Krueger. I've resisted getting more Marvel and totally avoided Supernatural, but....it's....getting....more...difficult! Now that I have unmasked IM, I kind of want to balance him out and go get a Captain America. I also have the urge to get any of the X-Men out there, plus another Deadpool. I still want Supernatural too.

The only thing really holding me back, is I need a lot more POps right now, and since most of the Dorbz prices are the same as Pops, it has helped to keep me in check.

I still can't believe I want Dorbz, I just wasn't a fan when I first saw them, lol.

Now to hope they never make Doctor Who!!!

Just had to share how frustrating and funny this all is.

This is how I felt about Pops when I first started collecting. I have been able to resist Dorbz so far for the most part, only getting the ones in the MCC box from this year. But recently I bought a few Guardians of the Galaxy Dorbz that were on clearance at Gamestop, and if I see the Futurama Dorbz in the wild, I am going to be hard pressed not to buy them.
My name is Aaron...Many call me Stu...it is a long story.

ISO: Skeletor and Panthor Dorbz ride.

absyrd

Postby absyrd » Tue May 10, 2016 11:49 am

I opened a Cowboy Deadpool from MCC and bought a cheap damaged box Wolverine Dorbz. I put them next to my Pops and realized how much more solid they are, the colors more vibrant, and how they look better in boxes with the full see-thru window. Oh... and they take up less space.

Strongly considering dumping Pops altogether and focusing on Dorbz!
Fav Funko Item: Deadpool Super Deluxe Vinyl
First Dorbz: Cowboy Deadpool (MCC)
Latest Dorbz: Ghost Rider (Metallic)
Most Wanted Dorbz: Freddy, Freddy XL, and 18" Mega Deadpools! Obviously...

Milotti

Postby Milotti » Tue May 10, 2016 3:53 pm

The only Dorbz I have so far is Monster Boo, but I'm eager to see what else will be released. Funko news has been really slow lately, though. I gave away all my Pops because I like Dorbz better. And I'll probably collect the new wobblers once they're released.

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Tue May 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Dorbz are becoming increasingly popular, especially with the new collectors! Pop is a fantastic product but lets be honest... the prices right now for some of our favorite characters aren't exactly pocket change! The price point to get a penguin\riddler or a chase piece in the dorbz line is still extremely reasonable.. for now lol
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Fri May 13, 2016 10:31 am

I just counted my Dorbz. I have 44. I'm not accepting responsibility for this either. [-(
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Mon May 23, 2016 10:49 am

Went on a dorbz con rampage this past wknd!

My story is short and sweet like the dorbz im going to tell u about.

After having a few in the closet from past mcc boxes i realized that " hey wait a minute, theres sumin cool about this figures" but i couldnt understand why. So my pop interest was demanding distraction from any more thoughts towards them.

So as time went on i got a cuple gamestop exclusives.

I looked up the toy line and saw how nice these looked and metallic maleficent made me want them badly.

Then comic book day came around and i wanted the steve and tony. So i drove to the next city and waited to appearantly be the first in line, a cuple hours b4 open. I wanted these so bad bcuz i noticed how high priced these were and knew it was goin to be hard to get them. And with all the past mistakes i made with pops im able to redeem myself by chasing these instead.
Just so happened these ended up being really limited and only 2 cases each store got.

After i finally bought display shelfs for my pops and started opening i noticed how much the workload of going through all of them didnt feel rewarding as more and more little black eyes stared at me.

I started to feel nauseous.

Thats when it hit me. Id rather have more and more "smiles" to look at.

So now this past wknd i sold alot of my pops and got freddy first. Then went crazy on batman. Getting many different con exclusive for $80-100 while they r still there given how 1/300 - 1/500 limited .

Detective batman XL sdcc
Bullseye eccc
Chrome Bat Ridez eccc
RED Ridez tokyo

Im now hunting for thrillkiller and classic bat cons

O yea i ended finding a daryl chase for 20 so i swooped him as im going to need walking dead later on.

My next iso are goin to be the marvel chases and con exclusives.
"If i had to pick 1 funko to bring"...Freddy Rick Grimes* (Finger's Crossed* )....

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Mon May 23, 2016 3:51 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:I just counted my Dorbz. I have 44. I'm not accepting responsibility for this either. [-(

I'm up to 57 in about 3 months. I think they just keep multiplying when I'm at work.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Mon May 23, 2016 9:37 pm

I'm out of control now... I started with just one from SDCC classic batman... ok didn't buy anymore for almost 9 months... now for the past two months i have been dorbz cray cray! I have most of batman, lot of disney, all the horror, civil wars, deadpool, marvel, walking dead, literally stalking game of thrones DORBZ.... I just turned forty and I took my batman dorbz out and too pics and posted under IG babakittysdada

scared for me
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:53 am

I'm quite nervous on how many SDCC Dorbz I am going to want, haha.
I need to find a better way to display them too, they just don't look right on the same shelves as my Pops!

Pops!- 716ish

Cwoobs

Postby Cwoobs » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:22 am

Strending625 wrote:
PopGoestheJess wrote:I just counted my Dorbz. I have 44. I'm not accepting responsibility for this either. [-(

I'm up to 57 in about 3 months. I think they just keep multiplying when I'm at work.

I can assure your they most definitely do. As soon as you turn around they appear (if only it were so easy lol).

I know the feeling though. My desk at work is slowly becoming a Funko display, mainly headed by the Army of dorbz that is now the left most side of my desk. But hey who needs space when you have adorable little Vinyl figures right?

Cheers!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:31 am

I'm pretty excited because my wife now loves Dorbz! I showed her the GoT ones and she was like, "Ohh dang we need those!" She didn't say that I needed them, but we! I'm super stoked and she's even running to GameStop at lunch to see if they came in :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Return to “Dorbz”