Can someone plz explain the appeal of Dorbz.

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Lvpopcollector

Re: Can someone plz explain the appeal of Dorbz.

Postby Lvpopcollector » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:48 am

angeladominguez wrote:
Officerdorbz wrote:They arent adorable... But they are cool. People keep saying oh they're adorable.. well I am a grown () man and I want stuff that looks good, cool, etc. Dorbz look cool. They Are of famous characters, they have appeal, consistency and just plain nice. This whole Adorbz...is so ridiculous. They're Dorbz. They're cool. Thanks.

And just look at this below. This is why I like em and this is their appeal. If that doesn't appeal to you, then Dorbz are not for you.

omg im in love .. lol

WOW!!!
:SW9:
Heather
Collector in Las Vegas since 2015

kingdomcustoms

Postby kingdomcustoms » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:52 am

Personally I love Dorbz. I didn't for about a year, but then decided to get the animated Mad Hatter in place of the Pop (which I don't like). Now I've got a fair few more but only if they're relevant to the sets I collect. Beauty and the Beast primarily, and Alice in Wonder/Looking Glass - all of which are amazing.
:freddy2:
Pop Count: ~300; Latest: Spirit Mufasa
Dorbz Count: 70; Latest: Huckleberry Hound 8-pack
Rock Candy's: 24; Latest: Belle
Favourite Pop's: Hades Chase, Pain & Panic, Lord Drakkon
Favourite Dorbz: Alice 4-pack, Green Arrow/Black Canary, Penelope Pitstop
Favourite Rock Candy's: Sirius, Bellatrix, and Jessica Rabbit
Custom Count: 25 Pops, 5 PSH, 48 Dorbz, 17 Misc; Most Recent: Kermit PSH

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:55 am

They are cute and little and smaller then pops and most of them have mouths!!!! As an OOB collector I can fit Korea onto a shelf then OOB pops. And again they have mouths. \:D/ \:D/ :bom: \:D/ \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

war2death

Postby war2death » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:40 pm

Lvpopcollector wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
Officerdorbz wrote:They arent adorable... But they are cool. People keep saying oh they're adorable.. well I am a grown () man and I want stuff that looks good, cool, etc. Dorbz look cool. They Are of famous characters, they have appeal, consistency and just plain nice. This whole Adorbz...is so ridiculous. They're Dorbz. They're cool. Thanks.

And just look at this below. This is why I like em and this is their appeal. If that doesn't appeal to you, then Dorbz are not for you.

omg im in love .. lol

WOW!!!

Wow also but no Larger Dorbz

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:58 pm

I started off with Pop!, but if Dorbz were out before Pop!, my collection might've looked a lot different today. I've constantly talked about this with several collectors, that part of me is happy that the look of Pop! have evolved from how they looked in 2010, but at the same time, I feel the Pop! name almost has lost its essence. I've always appreciated Pop! when they first came out because they all posed the same, had the same face shape and eyes...as if they were echoing some popular pop art artist.

I appreciate the aesthetic of Dorbz because they stay true to the original mold. You can put a bunch of Dorbz next to each other and it'll look like a pop art exhibit, whereas if you put Pop! next to each other, there is a big difference in look between each figure. I do think Pop! capture the characters better than some Dorbz do though.

I'm not quite sure if that's what Funko had envisioned when they first came out with Pop!, but with that name, I always had the impression that pop art, like the soup cans, was what the company was goin' for for the Pop! line. But, yes...that is just my opinion. Happy to see what other folks think...I'll probably need to spend a minute on this thread.

Hehehe...congratulations you read this whole schpeel :P

Fin
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

Return to “Dorbz”