Dorbz Sub Box

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
glassflippers

Dorbz Sub Box

Postby glassflippers » Mon May 16, 2016 11:12 am

I am really hoping we get a Dorbz Subscription Box along the lines of the MCC/LOC/SB ones.

I think it'd be a really nice place to find the variants instead of fighting with Game Stop over whether or not they even exist.

I don't even need a t-shirt in it. Just a variant/exclusive Dorbz for $20 every month or two months.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Dorbz Sub Box

Postby Battastic » Mon May 16, 2016 12:27 pm

I like the idea, but not sure it would ever happen. With the other boxes getting Dorbz in them from time to time, that may be their outlet.

You suggested $20 every other month for the box price, which would give us a $40 value (based on other boxes $25 for a $50 value) We would need to be getting a combination of 2-4 Dorbz per box with other items added as the number of Dorbz lowers. That would also be an issue with Funko keeping up with that many exclusives.
Funko could do a full Dorbz sub box and rotate themes every box (Jan - DC, Mar - Marvel, May - SW, July - Disney, Sept - Games, Nov - Movies)

Again, I love the idea and would sub for certain boxes...but just not sure how feasible it is.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

absyrd

Postby absyrd » Mon May 16, 2016 12:38 pm

Seems like most DC and Marvel boxes are getting dorbz in them anyhow. And now with the recent news about Star Wars, I'd assume Smuggs Bounty will get a few early SW dorbz.
Fav Funko Item: Deadpool Super Deluxe Vinyl
First Dorbz: Cowboy Deadpool (MCC)
Latest Dorbz: Ghost Rider (Metallic)
Most Wanted Dorbz: Freddy, Freddy XL, and 18" Mega Deadpools! Obviously...

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Mon May 16, 2016 1:39 pm

I would love a Dorbz only box. :)
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon May 16, 2016 2:06 pm

Well like the others said Dorbz have already been in the other sub boxes, plus sub boxes all have a theme (Star Wars, Marvel, etc.) rather than a "type" (Pop, Dorbz, minis, etc.) It's a cool idea though, would be neat if Funko did some new type of sub called "Dorbz-of-the-Month". Just a small sub box with no fluff in it, just an exclusive Dorbz. Could be a similar sub for Pops too.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Mon May 16, 2016 2:27 pm

Funko Shop exclusive multi-packs might be more realistic.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Stinkycat91

Postby Stinkycat91 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:31 pm

I would love an exclusive Dorbz box or Dorbz of the month box. Fluff or no fluff. That would be cool
Karen

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Mon May 16, 2016 3:47 pm

I would probably sign up for a Dorb-centric box!
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

Childishtycoon

Postby Childishtycoon » Mon May 16, 2016 4:36 pm

would be cool, but not sure how it would work with properties. I hope they continue to do Dorbz in the other monthly boxes. A lot of people tend to complain when they are in them but its my favorite part!
Do you guys believe Kylo Ren when he says he will finish what Darth Vader started?

The funatic formerly known as Jeremyb4815

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Tue May 17, 2016 12:13 pm

treswright wrote:Well like the others said Dorbz have already been in the other sub boxes, plus sub boxes all have a theme (Star Wars, Marvel, etc.) rather than a "type" (Pop, Dorbz, minis, etc.) It's a cool idea though, would be neat if Funko did some new type of sub called "Dorbz-of-the-Month". Just a small sub box with no fluff in it, just an exclusive Dorbz. Could be a similar sub for Pops too.

Exactly this. No fluff. It'd be very similar to what Disney is doing with their Tsum Tsum sub box. If they did it like the Pin box, we'd get an Exclusive to the Box Dorbz and then two other Dorbz before they are released everywhere.

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Tue May 17, 2016 12:14 pm

Childishtycoon wrote:would be cool, but not sure how it would work with properties. I hope they continue to do Dorbz in the other monthly boxes. A lot of people tend to complain when they are in them but its my favorite part!

My favorite part is skipping subbing and just paying the $6-$10 shipping included for the Dorbz.

missauru

Postby missauru » Tue May 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Id like an exclusive Dorbz of the month as long as it was affordable.
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Tue May 17, 2016 3:52 pm

I'd like an exclusive dorbz every month, but I only collect Marvel, and the chances of a marvel dorbz sub box along side of the MCC box is very slim...
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

Childishtycoon

Postby Childishtycoon » Tue May 17, 2016 11:04 pm

morsehawk wrote:
Childishtycoon wrote:would be cool, but not sure how it would work with properties. I hope they continue to do Dorbz in the other monthly boxes. A lot of people tend to complain when they are in them but its my favorite part!

My favorite part is skipping subbing and just paying the $6-$10 shipping included for the Dorbz.

That part is nice too! The 2 pack Batman and aquaman is on amazon prime for 8 shipped. I bought an extra set just to display oob. You can get ultron for a little under 4 bucks now too
Do you guys believe Kylo Ren when he says he will finish what Darth Vader started?

The funatic formerly known as Jeremyb4815

Tinit

Postby Tinit » Tue May 31, 2016 2:09 am

Not subbox but ToyUSA2011 have 2 Dorbz mystery boxes

https://www.toyusa2011.com/collections/ ... easure-box

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:17 pm

please no, I don't have enough $$ for another sub box.
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:09 am

^just unsubscribe from one of your current boxes to subscribe to another box

Return to “Dorbz”