Went on a rampage!!! With dorbz this past wknd

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Chase4Mase

Went on a rampage!!! With dorbz this past wknd

Postby Chase4Mase » Mon May 23, 2016 11:04 am

Went on a dorbz con rampage this past wknd!

My story is short and sweet like the dorbz im going to tell u about.

After having a few in the closet from past mcc boxes i realized that " hey wait a minute, theres sumin cool about this figures" but i couldnt understand why. So my pop interest was demanding distraction from any more thoughts towards them.

So as time went on i got a cuple gamestop exclusives.

I looked up the toy line and saw how nice these looked and metallic maleficent made me want them badly.

Then comic book day came around and i wanted the steve and tony. So i drove to the next city and waited to appearantly be the first in line, a cuple hours b4 open. I wanted these so bad bcuz i noticed how high priced these were and knew it was goin to be hard to get them. And with all the past mistakes i made with pops im able to redeem myself by chasing these instead.
Just so happened these ended up being really limited and only 2 cases each store got.

After i finally bought display shelfs for my pops and started opening i noticed how much the workload of going through all of them didnt feel rewarding as more and more little black eyes stared at me.

I started feeling nauseous

Thats when it hit me. Id rather have more and more "smiles" to look at.

So now this past wknd i sold alot of my pops and got freddy first. Then went crazy on batman. Getting many different con exclusive for $80-100 while they r still there given how 1/300 - 1/500 limited .

Detective batman XL sdcc
Bullseye eccc
Chrome Bat Ridez eccc
RED Ridez tokyo

Im now hunting for thrillkiller and classic bat cons

O yea i ended finding a daryl chase for 20 so i swooped him as im going to need walking dead later on.

My next iso are goin to be the marvel chases and con exclusives.
"If i had to pick 1 funko to bring"...Freddy Rick Grimes* (Finger's Crossed* )....

jester00

Re: Went on a rampage!!! With dorbz this past wknd

Postby jester00 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:42 pm

Yea dorbz are amazing. And a collection builds so quick!!
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Mon May 23, 2016 1:15 pm

Nice buddy! They sure are fun and addictive!!
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Mon May 23, 2016 1:47 pm

Yes, that is quite a rampage. Glad to see another swayed to the Dorbz side.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Mon May 23, 2016 2:07 pm

I think the more Dorbz you have the better they look as a collection, stand alone they are cool, but when they are in a set, or pop companions they are so much cooler!
2012 Rookie of the Year

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon May 23, 2016 4:25 pm

Chase4Mase wrote:After having a few in the closet from past mcc boxes i realized that " hey wait a minute, theres sumin cool about this figures"

Cool story! And wow that's crazy, I had almost the same epiphany last weekend for the same reason. I was reorganizing and as part of that I was going through sub boxes in my closet to see which ones were empty and which still had stuff in them. I ran across the mask-up Iron Man Dorbz and was like "woah, I don't remember this having a metallic finish on it, that's cool!" Of course I didn't remember because when it arrived I was focused on the Pops and barely paid attention to the Dorbz. I went through the other boxes and ran across Loki and grinning Ultron, both of which have some metallic paint too. So then I was like hmmmm, I wonder which other Dorbz are metallic? Obviously Maleficent, but in looking around it seems there are a lot of others that have at least -some- metallic paint on them. Anyway I've found myself taking a new interest in them. I ate at the mall today and stopped by GS, left with reverse Deadpool (metallic straps!) :-) So yeah, I'm not going to just walk on by Dorbz like I have been in the past.

Now Dorbz Ridez were different for me, those were positively love-at-first-sight. Much as I like Pop Ridez, I think the cartoony proportions and size of Dorbz Ridez are far better. I have all that have come out so far and plan on being a 100% completist on them as they continue to come out, even if it means tracking down pricey variants (as it already has!)

Thats when it hit me. Id rather have more and more "smiles" to look at.

Hahaha! Hey, that sounds like a good reason to me, how can you look at Dorbz and not have your spirits lifted :-)

Chrome Bat Ridez eccc
RED Ridez tokyo

Don't forget ol' blue!

Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Return to “Dorbz”