Help me by judging this ebay poster sale on a Prototype dorbz that i won

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Chase4Mase

Help me by judging this ebay poster sale on a Prototype dorbz that i won

Postby Chase4Mase » Wed May 25, 2016 1:55 am

Not sure if this canadian user is legit given its history of good feedback.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Funko-Dorbz-Color ... HING_ENDED

Sry if link does not work lmk
"If i had to pick 1 funko to bring"...Freddy Rick Grimes* (Finger's Crossed* )....

angeladominguez

Re: Help me by judging this ebay poster sale on a Prototype dorbz that i won

Postby angeladominguez » Wed May 25, 2016 2:05 am

$400 is a lot to drop down on a prototype.
Ask around the FB groups too and see what they say.
Also read up on the seller's feedback. He's at 98% so there must be some negative feedback.

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Wed May 25, 2016 2:06 am

There's also no harm in asking for more picture close up to help you.

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Wed May 25, 2016 2:11 am

angeladominguez wrote:$400 is a lot to drop down on a prototype.
Ask around the FB groups too and see what they say.
Also read up on the seller's feedback. He's at 98% so there must be some negative feedback.

Im a dorbz hardcore collector. And their feedback is good with over 1k.

I couldnt let this prototype get away as other civil war pieces were close apart also auctioned minutes apart.

And i set my limit to 450$ on this piece as the others were gone around 250-350
"If i had to pick 1 funko to bring"...Freddy Rick Grimes* (Finger's Crossed* )....

Blasphemic Nephilim

Postby Blasphemic Nephilim » Wed May 25, 2016 4:16 am

Is there any provenance at all for it? Meaning how do you 100% this is even an actual prototype? None of the protos on Gemini for Dorbz for that kind of price or any of the other prices you mentioned. Makes zero sense to me to pay that much for something you have no proof is even what the seller says it is. Makes equally less sense to spend so much on something you'll never ever ever in life ever break even on if you decide later you want to change your focus with whatever you collect. I'd understand if this were a BIN impulse buy....but you actually bid that much? Seems odd to me. Are you sure the other bidders weren't bots? There's still quite a bunch of Dorbz protos on Gemini right now for $49 so there's obviously no market for them, lol. Strange.
Do I really look like a guy with a plan?

Blasphemic Nephilim

Postby Blasphemic Nephilim » Wed May 25, 2016 4:48 am

I feel I should clarify that I'm also a hardcore Dorbz collector, own every single one of them. For me personally, as the paint jobs are SO detailed, I don't see a use or market for protos. It's not like Pop!s where the molds are drastically different. The want for them could change this summer though at FunDays. Who knows, though.

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Wed May 25, 2016 4:50 am

Blasphemic Nephilim wrote:Is there any provenance at all for it? Meaning how do you 100% this is even an actual prototype? None of the protos on Gemini for Dorbz for that kind of price or any of the other prices you mentioned. Makes zero sense to me to pay that much for something you have no proof is even what the seller says it is. Makes equally less sense to spend so much on something you'll never ever ever in life ever break even on if you decide later you want to change your focus with whatever you collect. I'd understand if this were a BIN impulse buy....but you actually bid that much? Seems odd to me. Are you sure the other bidders weren't bots? There's still quite a bunch of Dorbz protos on Gemini right now for $49 so there's obviously no market for them, lol. Strange.

Yes i agree. I actually almost bought ezio..but i switch from pops to dorbz. Bcuz of the bs fakes with pops nowadays. I wanted to see what others think. And also this is 1 proto i would want to keep forever and in my eyes priceless. I hope its real cuz i will hold it 4ever. Hense the price tag.

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Wed May 25, 2016 5:02 am

I can agree the not so popular for 49 price tag at gemini. But these r once in a lifetime civil war. Btw inhavr snap shots of them all being auctioned

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Wed May 25, 2016 5:07 am

And to help justify my case. I happened to sell a harry potter prototype i acquired from fundays 2015 for 675$. So my 325$ seems right in my eyes.

Blasphemic Nephilim

Postby Blasphemic Nephilim » Wed May 25, 2016 5:09 am

When you get it, pop the head off and check the paint inside. Fingers crossed its not red. It'd be the Dorbz equivalent to that poor soul who paid 11k for the fake CWO last week.

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Wed May 25, 2016 5:15 am

Blasphemic Nephilim wrote:Is there any provenance at all for it? Meaning how do you 100% this is even an actual prototype? None of the protos on Gemini for Dorbz for that kind of price or any of the other prices you mentioned. Makes zero sense to me to pay that much for something you have no proof is even what the seller says it is. Makes equally less sense to spend so much on something you'll never ever ever in life ever break even on if you decide later you want to change your focus with whatever you collect. I'd understand if this were a BIN impulse buy....but you actually bid that much? Seems odd to me. Are you sure the other bidders weren't bots? There's still quite a bunch of Dorbz protos on Gemini right now for $49 so there's obviously no market for them, lol. Strange.

the only good thing is that these have been confirmed as legitimate protos :)

i don't know how the dorbz proto game got so out of control so fast...
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Wed May 25, 2016 5:19 am

Blasphemic Nephilim wrote:When you get it, pop the head off and check the paint inside. Fingers crossed its not red. It'd be the Dorbz equivalent to that poor soul who paid 11k for the fake CWO last week.

Good thing they accept returns

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Wed May 25, 2016 5:22 am

xmaldigolax wrote:

I love dorbz over pop.....i sold all of my pops and paid overpriced ebay prices because i was attracted finally now... i couldnt stand pop displayed black eyes surrounding me..it haunted me

Blasphemic Nephilim

Postby Blasphemic Nephilim » Wed May 25, 2016 5:23 am

xmaldigolax wrote:

got a link to where they were confirmed? Would be a shame if a board member fell for price hiking from multiple accounts of same seller.

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Wed May 25, 2016 5:24 am

Id rather have smiles to look at. Cute smiles that were limited exclusives made me feel more special than mass produced variants.

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Wed May 25, 2016 5:27 am

But i admit the only pops i still pursue is star wars line. Love em....all other are being faked

All i see on facebook is question if "is my sticker real?"

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Wed May 25, 2016 5:31 am

Chase4Mase wrote:
xmaldigolax wrote:

I love dorbz over pop.....i sold all of my pops and paid overpriced ebay prices because i was attracted finally now... i couldnt stand pop displayed black eyes surrounding me..it haunted me

oh i get it, i have rolled back on pops, only bought myself 1 in the past few months. i have fully committed to dorbz because i've grown to love these little smiling suckers. I just don't know how the proto prices jumped so high so quickly. some of these are a 3800% increase over the production piece value.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Wed May 25, 2016 10:55 am

Here r some pics during the auction of the group

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Wed May 25, 2016 11:00 am

Chase4Mase wrote:
Blasphemic Nephilim wrote:When you get it, pop the head off and check the paint inside. Fingers crossed its not red. It'd be the Dorbz equivalent to that poor soul who paid 11k for the fake CWO last week.

Good thing they accept returns

Its funny because in their description it says no returns sold as is. But they still accepted returns on the return policy

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Wed May 25, 2016 11:08 am

I asked seller for pics of the bottom of the dorbz. He has yet to reply

Trixt

Postby Trixt » Wed May 25, 2016 11:25 am

I have bought all the Warcraft dorbz proto from this guy. He is legit.
Name is Wil.

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Wed May 25, 2016 11:29 am

I've also bought from him, they are good. And it's always good to check up on a seller before you buy from him, that way you're covered.

Nick IG: collector.badger

Blasphemic Nephilim

Postby Blasphemic Nephilim » Wed May 25, 2016 11:31 am

Only 10 bids and the price went that high? That's so strange to me but as long as it's valuable to you that's all that matters.
Last edited by Blasphemic Nephilim on Wed May 25, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Wed May 25, 2016 12:41 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:I just don't know how the proto prices jumped so high so quickly. some of these are a 3800% increase over the production piece value.

Yeah, I am shocked by some of these final sale prices. Now I can only wonder what Gemini will charge if they get there hands on a few hot licenses. They might just list on eBay like they did with a few of the sought after Pop protos.

As for the auction, congrats on winning, Chase4Mase. I was watching the auction and cringed when the price kept rising in the last minute. Very cool piece though!
I'm Abe

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Wed May 25, 2016 3:17 pm

Blasphemic Nephilim wrote:I feel I should clarify that I'm also a hardcore Dorbz collector, own every single one of them. For me personally, as the paint jobs are SO detailed, I don't see a use or market for protos. It's not like Pop!s where the molds are drastically different. The want for them could change this summer though at FunDays. Who knows, though.

I'm with you on the collecting. I collect proto's myself. When i said $450, I should have added thats is a lot to spend at once so making sure that its legit before paying is just good intentions.

If you feel like the seller is shady, just trust you gut.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Thu May 26, 2016 2:44 pm

MyLittleFunkos wrote:Yeah, I am shocked by some of these final sale prices. Now I can only wonder what Gemini will charge if they get there hands on a few hot licenses. They might just list on eBay like they did with a few of the sought after Pop protos.

Or they'll list for 800$ and drop the price steadily when no one pays for them. :compress: lol

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Thu May 26, 2016 4:29 pm

Geescube wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:Yeah, I am shocked by some of these final sale prices. Now I can only wonder what Gemini will charge if they get there hands on a few hot licenses. They might just list on eBay like they did with a few of the sought after Pop protos.

Or they'll list for 800$ and drop the price steadily when no one pays for them. :compress: lol

but still charge 20 bucks to ship these 5 Oz figures lol
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Thu May 26, 2016 4:34 pm

I HATE THAT so hard!

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Sat May 28, 2016 10:47 pm

Chase4Mase wrote:I asked seller for pics of the bottom of the dorbz. He has yet to reply

This seller doesn't seem to respond to questions. A few board members, myself included, asked him where his proto's came from when he first started listing them a couple months ago. He never responded to anyone as far as I know.
I be Chris

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Sun May 29, 2016 7:05 pm

Unreal how much the dorbz proto price jumped... Its hard to sell pop protos at that price right now... crazy.
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:59 am

MasterSplyntr wrote:
Chase4Mase wrote:I asked seller for pics of the bottom of the dorbz. He has yet to reply

This seller doesn't seem to respond to questions. A few board members, myself included, asked him where his proto's came from when he first started listing them a couple months ago. He never responded to anyone as far as I know.

Grrrrr......i am cautious towards this person...

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:06 am

Hey update on this sale i won....i msged seller and backed out...due to lack of authenticy and refrences...

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:46 pm

Probably a good idea...
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:07 am

good for you. always be able to track where it came from.

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:50 am

I got mine, pretty legit.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Return to “Dorbz”