Hey dorbz fam....im interested in stocking up in vaulted pieces..i am in anger that it is forgotten. forgive me?

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Chase4Mase

Hey dorbz fam....im interested in stocking up in vaulted pieces..i am in anger that it is forgotten. forgive me?

Postby Chase4Mase » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:39 am

What topic says. Can u forgive me if i dump a investment to resale these lovely smiles to the future bandwagoners. Cuz i own multiples dorbz atm, and dont like the fact they sit on shelves so i wana take advantage to marinade the cheap treasures.

I wana know if my fellow dorbunatics will hate me.

Coming from pop vinyls n graduating to dorbz masterpieces... will i be judge for my arrogant selfish mindstate to protect my reputation in this community.

Forgive me for making a quick buck!...

I wana hear yr thoughts/opinions on my idea
Bcuz i dont want to be identified as a fake in the dorbz community.

Thinking to stock up on,,,, bvs + civil war vaulted pieces to sit on.

I just dont see any new licenses better than these 2
"If i had to pick 1 funko to bring"...Freddy Rick Grimes* (Finger's Crossed* )....

Cheshire

Re: Hey dorbz fam....im interested in stocking up in vaulted pieces..i am in anger that it is forgotten. forgive me?

Postby Cheshire » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:50 am

...longest subject name
| Pop! Count: 1000+ :fdo91: No Longer Collecting |

Chase4Mase

Re: Hey dorbz fam....im interested in stocking up in vaulted pieces..i am in anger that it is forgotten. forgive me?

Postby Chase4Mase » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:45 am

Cheshire wrote:...longest subject name

Yea i admit im a idiot...

https://imageshack.us/i/pobwTr0Kp

I just cannot be sane and not share this humor...
"If i had to pick 1 funko to bring"...Freddy Rick Grimes* (Finger's Crossed* )....

chezpopp

Postby chezpopp » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:55 am

Some are on clearance right now

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:09 am

Promoting ones goals of stocking up to make money on the community is rarely a great good will building maneuver, just as an aside. I remember seeing $3-6 classic disney, simpsons, and others as well as sdcc pieces on sale, so it may work. But we have no idea how many of these original run older pieces were made. That logic could have led someone to buy up 500 of the LE 3000 Transformer hikari too. Collect what you love and unless you are running a shop, I may tread lightly.
Last edited by Poncho Pete on Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got Pixie Dust?

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:22 am

you basically announced your intention to the community that you are looking to take advantage of the community lol . you get points for honesty.

if you were voting for a president, and they openly told you they were looking to take all of your money, would you vote for them?

that being said, do what you want. could go either way for you as far as an investment. but maybe clearing old stock will make your stores order more. and this in turn get more people interested when they see new licenses and fresh stock.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:47 am

Betting on the distant future isn't easy. If they've been sitting on the shelves it must mean they are undesirable or have a huge stock, neither of those things sound like it'll be good to invest in. I don't think Funko is a good investment period, I choose to invest my money in a safer market.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Blasphemic Nephilim

Postby Blasphemic Nephilim » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:27 pm

Dorbz will never reach the brain damaged secondary market level that Pop!s have reached so no it's not a smart investment. Doubt anyone will hate you because all you're doing is throwing your money away, to be honest. To each their own, though.
Do I really look like a guy with a plan?

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:01 pm

:smt102 [-X
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:14 pm

I've read your ramble twice. Not sure what you're intent is. Maybe to stock up and sit on shelves for to make a quick buck on the dorbz community.

Wanna flip, flip.

Wanna collect, collect.

Personally, I suggest you learn how to write.
Funklub: 11181

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Probably the wrong site for this kind of honesty.
I be Chris

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:26 pm

Valde wrote:Betting on the distant future isn't easy. If they've been sitting on the shelves it must mean they are undesirable or have a huge stock, neither of those things sound like it'll be good to invest in. I don't think Funko is a good investment period, I choose to invest my money in a safer market.

For argument sake, I'll disagree. Had anyone invested in Pops that just sat on shelves for the first couple years they were out, they'd have made a huge profit. I sold off all of mine from the beginning a few years ago (and made more than I spent by far), but wish I could have held onto them a few more years. I'd be putting my twins through college possibly with what I had (possibly just community college, but college nonetheless).

Will Dorbz hit the same level? Not at all. But, the line will have longevity and given a couple years time there will be demand for earlier ones (particularly chases, exclusives and early vaulted ones).

I say if someone wants to buy up tons as an investment, more power to them. That helps sales which helps us all in the long run.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:35 pm

Squird wrote:I've read your ramble twice. Not sure what you're intent is. Maybe to stock up and sit on shelves for to make a quick buck on the dorbz community.

Wanna flip, flip.

Wanna collect, collect.

https://youtu.be/Hn7B5FdwBK8
wenhol8710 on Instagram

allhermight

Postby allhermight » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:13 pm

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're trying to say, but if you're saying that you want to buy Dorbz while they are cheap and on clearance in case they are worth more later then your honesty probably won't be very well appreciated here. However, I have no doubt whatsoever that there are Funatics who flip. Worse case scenario, you'll have a box of $1.97 toys sitting in your garage a few years from now or you'll be able to sell them and make a few extra bucks.

emk194

Postby emk194 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:08 pm

Squird wrote:I've read your ramble twice. Not sure what you're intent is. Maybe to stock up and sit on shelves for to make a quick buck on the dorbz community.

Wanna flip, flip.

Wanna collect, collect.

This was the first thought that came to mind.

OP, if your intention is to buy up all the Dorbz, clear out shelves, in hopes of being able to flip them for profit, go right ahead. Don't complain when you realize you wasted your time and money.
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:15 pm

Good thing I grabbed all the Civil War ones before you bought them.

And yikes that was a difficult read...
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Topshelf19k
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby Topshelf19k » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:39 pm

He lost me at "Dorbz community"

doctony

Postby doctony » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:56 pm

I don't know but buying to invest on toys is very risky.

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:01 pm

wenhol8710 wrote:

Wanna flip, flip.

Wanna collect, collect.

https://youtu.be/Hn7B5FdwBK8

I find it best to try not to post after you've been drinking :occasion5: wait, what am I doing here now then? lol
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

Blasphemic Nephilim

Postby Blasphemic Nephilim » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:48 pm

Topshelf19k wrote:He lost me at "Dorbz community"

You don't know about that OG triple OG super remix BBQ OG Dorbz community? I heard they got secret handshakes and all! Or was it milkshakes? :-k

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:19 pm

Blasphemic Nephilim wrote:
Topshelf19k wrote:He lost me at "Dorbz community"

You don't know about that OG triple OG super remix BBQ OG Dorbz community? I heard they got secret handshakes and all! Or was it milkshakes? :-k

Secret milkshakes?! Sign me up!
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:52 pm

Do you homeboy. What we do in life is our decision alone. Spend your money how you want not how others deem.

Just know that like anything you invest in there is the possibility of no reward.

Top ISO
1. Apollo Freddy 2. 18" Retro Freddy Skeletor 3. Retro Freddy Skeletor

Instagram : JsinLegacy

Team BACON

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:01 pm

My milkshake brings all the Boyz to the yard.

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:05 am

HobieWanKenobi wrote:My milkshake brings all the Boyz to the yard.

ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:09 am

:laughing3:
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Stu

Postby Stu » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:50 pm

When I was younger, I thought it would be a good idea to stock up on seemingly rare toys that were hot at the moment and seemed to be taking off. In almost all cases, the bottom dropped out and all I ended up with after five-ten years is a closet full of worthless junk that wouldn't even sell on eBay. Most of it ended at Goodwill.

I also agree with others that have said that admitting that you plan to stock up in order to flip at a later time is not a great way to endear yourself to this forum. Seeing as how it is hard to find Civil War and Batman v. Superman stuff at retail now (at least I haven't been able to find it), I don't think you are going to have much luck stocking up for a low price. The only Dorbz I have seen on clearance are Guardian, Marvel, Batman and Walking Dead at Gamestop.
My name is Aaron...Many call me Stu...it is a long story.

ISO: Skeletor and Panthor Dorbz ride.

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:57 am

Poncho Pete wrote:Promoting ones goals of stocking up to make money on the community is rarely a great good will building maneuver, just as an aside. I remember seeing $3-6 classic disney, simpsons, and others as well as sdcc pieces on sale, so it may work. But we have no idea how many of these original run older pieces were made. That logic could have led someone to buy up 500 of the LE 3000 Transformer hikari too. Collect what you love and unless you are running a shop, I may tread lightly.

Hey its been awhile since i read my responses when i posted this on the day. I dont have a shop but i do have a 2 year old son who i wish to pass this hobby too 1 day. To teach him the business lessons in supply n demand.

I had many high pieces i started to collect for him in the pop game but was disappointed that it got way outta control with hype and after displaying them i got creeped out by tiny black eyes surrounding the room.

If it wasnt for dorbz to make me stick with funko i wouldnt be here on this forum anymore.

They saved my love for funko and i adore these pieces to the max more than i did with pop vinyls

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:59 am

Valde wrote:Betting on the distant future isn't easy. If they've been sitting on the shelves it must mean they are undesirable or have a huge stock, neither of those things sound like it'll be good to invest in. I don't think Funko is a good investment period, I choose to invest my money in a safer market.

Funko is by far the best investment. Brian is a contender for the entreprenuer award of the year. * if i spelled that right

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:01 am

Wanna flip, flip.

Wanna collect, collect.

I apalogize for my writing..i will always be here for dorbz, so please excuse my gibberish.. i dont care for grammer and usually will slang my message.

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:07 am

Blasphemic Nephilim wrote:Dorbz will never reach the brain damaged secondary market level that Pop!s have reached so no it's not a smart investment. Doubt anyone will hate you because all you're doing is throwing your money away, to be honest. To each their own, though.

I disagree dorbz r going to be the savior of funko. And i am 100% sure on my soul that dorbz will eventually crush the hype of pops bcuz ive spent so much $ on pops when dorbz came out i fell in love with it more than i did as far as design displaying collector point of view

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:10 am

allhermight wrote:I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're trying to say, but if you're saying that you want to buy Dorbz while they are cheap and on clearance in case they are worth more later then your honesty probably won't be very well appreciated here. However, I have no doubt whatsoever that there are Funatics who flip. Worse case scenario, you'll have a box of $1.97 toys sitting in your garage a few years from now or you'll be able to sell them and make a few extra bucks.

I want to keep the dorbz alive by investing and keep flowing the dollars to help funko have a reason to keep dorbz alive but in the process wtf do i do with the multiple i would have accumilated

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:18 am

Stu wrote:When I was younger, I thought it would be a good idea to stock up on seemingly rare toys that were hot at the moment and seemed to be taking off. In almost all cases, the bottom dropped out and all I ended up with after five-ten years is a closet full of worthless junk that wouldn't even sell on eBay. Most of it ended at Goodwill.

I also agree with others that have said that admitting that you plan to stock up in order to flip at a later time is not a great way to endear yourself to this forum. Seeing as how it is hard to find Civil War and Batman v. Superman stuff at retail now (at least I haven't been able to find it), I don't think you are going to have much luck stocking up for a low price. The only Dorbz I have seen on clearance are Guardian, Marvel, Batman and Walking Dead at Gamestop.

Im sry to hear that. But funko is not a toy. I classify them as a art and if it wasnt for brian's savage license warness to chase collaborations he wouldnt have been successful with funko. His liscensing chase is what i respect him for period. No1 can defeat him in that catagory

Chase4Mase

Postby Chase4Mase » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:26 am

I will be the first to say that; Brian is the modern day picasso.. lol i hope i spelled it correct. He brought paintings to a whole new lvl in a collective fashion style. "GENIUS"

So glad i shook his hand and stole a picture of him with me n my son at 2015 fundays. He is really a kind hearted guy that takes the time to appreciate his believers.

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:21 am

Love your passion Chase. I think Dorbz has potentially to be the #2 long time item for funko, but who knows. Great size, price point, and licenses.
Got Pixie Dust?

Blasphemic Nephilim

Postby Blasphemic Nephilim » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:38 am

"The tiny black eyes surrounding the room" may be the best desecription for Pop! collections I've ever read.

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:26 am

yeah I am terrified now. they are all judging me. I need my smiley dorbz with their closed eyes to replace them. I really wish they would make dorbz to replace all my pops. I don't see orphan black or arrested Development any time soon
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Return to “Dorbz”