Mega Dorbz question

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
HowardTheDuck

Re: Mega Dorbz question

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:34 am

I'd actually love to have one of these someday. Do some Marvel ones outside of Cap. Someone from Guardians would be cool. Most likely Rocket or Groot.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

mindblowin02
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby mindblowin02 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:44 am

I'd love to get the Green Batman, but I don't know where I would put it. lol.

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:56 am

Here are a couple of pics, first one he's chillin' with a regular Dorbz and a couple of 6" 'zillas for size comparison:

I tried to get a pic against the mirror so you can see the molding on the back of his head (for his mask):

Also in that one you can see there's a vertical seam, his head is molded in two halves and joined together. So is the body.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

philipali

Postby philipali » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:43 am

now how can i get these mega dorbz to the Philippines..lol
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:38 pm

philipali wrote:now how can i get these mega dorbz to the Philippines..lol

Hollow it out, attach a motor to it and ride it home lol

philipali

Postby philipali » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:41 pm

treswright wrote:
philipali wrote:now how can i get these mega dorbz to the Philippines..lol

Hollow it out, attach a motor to it and ride it home lol

that would be cool! :P
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:50 am

So jelly right now. Had an opportunity to get one through a trade but I would have been giving up something I wanted equally as much.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:03 am

Flex Luthor wrote:I missed out the Cap Mega Dorbz. I heard they only had 52 of those at the pop up shop. Hopefully it's true that they have a wider release in August. I guess I'm gonna have to purchase the deadpool and batman through eBay.

They only had 18 at the pop up shop and they sold out Monday. The rest of the 52 were damaged :(

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:07 am

Mannn that sucks! Thanks for the info. It's good to know that I didn't really have a shot at getting one for retail.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:17 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:I'd actually love to have one of these someday. Do some Marvel ones outside of Cap. Someone from Guardians would be cool. Most likely Rocket or Groot.

Or Galactus. With a Metallic Silver Surfer Dorbz.

I can dream, right?
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

popfiles

Postby popfiles » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:48 am

Well probably never know the answer for some time.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:54 pm

groundhog7s wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:I'd actually love to have one of these someday. Do some Marvel ones outside of Cap. Someone from Guardians would be cool. Most likely Rocket or Groot.

Or Galactus. With a Metallic Silver Surfer Dorbz.

I can dream, right?

Pop first. But yes that would be stunning.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Trixt

Postby Trixt » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:43 pm

treswright wrote:
Hop wrote:Rumor is that they made enough for most of the Fundays attendees but much of the shipment arrived damaged. I wouldn't be shocked to see these on Funko-Shop or released in a batch of a couple thousand like Hikari or Super Deluxe later down the line... but I wouldn't hold my breath either.

We're talking about the same thing, right? The 18" tall Dorbz? Seems highly unlikely they would have brought 3000 (the number of attendees) of those to Fundays. Most people flew there and wouldn't be able to take something that large back with them. Plus being so big they are no doubt quite expensive to make compared to Pops and regular Dorbz. Just out of curiosity I looked up the interior dimensions of a 52' semi trailer, even if stacked 5 high the trailer would hold less than 2000 lol Those things take up some space!

I can confirm this rumor, I went out Sunday with a few booth workers and a couple of funko employees after the con and spoke to one of the higher ups in the warehouse about them. The plan was to bring around 1500 if I remember correctly so that everyone would win one. The pieces they got were in terrible condition and the majority of them had to be sent off to be destroyed. There was supposed to be mega Freddy dorbz as well but none of them were up to Brian's standard to give away.

It sounded like it was a kind of rushed job because they didn't order any protos just the full order and it didn't work out as well as they wanted. what was given out were the ones considered to be good enough to give away, which was a VERY small percentage.
Name is Wil.

Trixt

Postby Trixt » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:43 pm

mindblowin02 wrote:I'm not much of a dorbz collector (I have maybe 5), but I had to have this one.

That dude you are with is ugly and sweaty and probably owes your wife $5. :freddy3:
Name is Wil.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:02 pm

Some of the ones that they did give away looked iffy. One on eBay had yellow tape where the Bat Symbol is, a handprint on the back of the head. I didn't get one but just by looking at the pictures the turned away ones must have been horrendous.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:36 pm

I saw the same thing as well. Saw one with tape on the side of the head where the two halves would connect. Hopefully we can get some better QC ones down the line to purchase even if they're limited.
Hi! I'm Mark

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:34 pm

TheNeck wrote:my table was part of team stitch, and our table was one of the tables that won these awesome mega dorbz. they are huge. we had a few deadpools, and batmans. my table was pretty lucky, we even won some protos.

Rog we were team Stitch too. You guys were the envy of anyone who was close to your table or knew. Your table won twice ! The mega-dorbz AND the extra protos if i am not mistaken. Congrats !!! I did trade for two of your tables mega-batmans (the green and the orange ones). I had to trade my extra big boy pop and the two protos I received. Some other information for y'all.

The mega-dorbz are super light. SUPER LIGHT. Cannot stress how light these were. But they look awesome.

I lined up for the pop shop specifically for tee shirts and the mega-captain. Rumor has it that they only sold 18 total. I really wanted one but did not get one. They sold what they had on day one. I have been following it on ebay and I have only seen two sold for around 500 dollars and both from Orange, CA. My assumption is they lined up early and were friends or family members etc.....

That being said, I was really tempted to bid on one (the captain is my boy). But I ended getting one of the re-dorbz art ones for a lower price. Who knew.....

Good luck getting the mega-dorbz. They are beautiful. But just don't expect them to weight much.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:49 pm

Any word on when the Cap Mega Dorbz will release?
Hi! I'm Mark

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:52 am

Trixt wrote:I can confirm this rumor,

Thanks for the info Wil! Wow, fascinating story! That's a shame the QC blew the deal, it would have been cool (and hilarious) to see pics of Fundays with Mega Dorbz all over the place lol

ocwankenobi wrote:The mega-dorbz are super light. SUPER LIGHT. Cannot stress how light these were. But they look awesome.

Yeah I commented somewhere that they're actually not vinyl, but are plastic. It feels like a pretty thin plastic shell, thick enough to take some rough handling but thin enough to keep them very light. It's a little deceptive because looking at them you expect them to have some heft!

absyrd

Postby absyrd » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:04 pm

Good to know. I thought they were as solid and heavy as the normal Dorbz and figured the Megas weighed a ton.

Sheds some light on how it was said some were damaged in shipment.
Fav Funko Item: Deadpool Super Deluxe Vinyl
First Dorbz: Cowboy Deadpool (MCC)
Latest Dorbz: Ghost Rider (Metallic)
Most Wanted Dorbz: Freddy, Freddy XL, and 18" Mega Deadpools! Obviously...

TanyaTate

Postby TanyaTate » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:17 am

I want a Batman. I've seen a few on ebay but :eek: those prices! LOL :freddy2:
WANTED: Hanna Barbara Huckleberry Hound POP Dark Purple, Light Purple, Orange, Red, Pink, Green and Dorbz Purple, Orange
My Youtube Channel

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:26 am

My mom told me about these (she went to Fundays) I have checked on eBay but outside my price range currently.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:44 pm

Wouldn't it be wonderful if they sent all of us FUNDAY ticket holders this mysterious legendary Mega Freddy Dorbz once it passed QC? Lol
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:03 pm

Wow this is a real shame, I would have loved to bring one of these home from Fundays. I hope that Funko manages to iron out the problems with these because I would love to get some Marvel mega dorbz in the future.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:08 pm

I really want a mega Dorbz. I hope they do sell more Captain America mega Dorbz or others show up. It would really cool to have one in my collection. I know a few other Dorbz-aholics that would like them, too.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

nikko
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby nikko » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:35 pm

I was not able to get a Mega Dorbz last Fundays. I hope they will release more of this :)

Popsaysyee

Postby Popsaysyee » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:44 am

Trixt wrote:
treswright wrote:
Hop wrote:Rumor is that they made enough for most of the Fundays attendees but much of the shipment arrived damaged. I wouldn't be shocked to see these on Funko-Shop or released in a batch of a couple thousand like Hikari or Super Deluxe later down the line... but I wouldn't hold my breath either.

We're talking about the same thing, right? The 18" tall Dorbz? Seems highly unlikely they would have brought 3000 (the number of attendees) of those to Fundays. Most people flew there and wouldn't be able to take something that large back with them. Plus being so big they are no doubt quite expensive to make compared to Pops and regular Dorbz. Just out of curiosity I looked up the interior dimensions of a 52' semi trailer, even if stacked 5 high the trailer would hold less than 2000 lol Those things take up some space!

I can confirm this rumor, I went out Sunday with a few booth workers and a couple of funko employees after the con and spoke to one of the higher ups in the warehouse about them. The plan was to bring around 1500 if I remember correctly so that everyone would win one. The pieces they got were in terrible condition and the majority of them had to be sent off to be destroyed. There was supposed to be mega Freddy dorbz as well but none of them were up to Brian's standard to give away.

It sounded like it was a kind of rushed job because they didn't order any protos just the full order and it didn't work out as well as they wanted. what was given out were the ones considered to be good enough to give away, which was a VERY small percentage.

Wow, that would have been cool having all the Fundays attendees get a Mega Dorbz! That's too bad QC and the final products were not up to par with Brian's standards. Thanks for enlightening us Trixt!
Jayson

ImageImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:53 pm

i want a batman
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:52 pm

I would like a bronze Cap :)
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:41 pm

Popsaysyee wrote:
Trixt wrote:
treswright wrote:

Wow, that would have been cool having all the Fundays attendees get a Mega Dorbz! That's too bad QC and the final products were not up to par with Brian's standards. Thanks for enlightening us Trixt!

If it worked out that would have been awesome. I managed to buy a mega dorbz from another table I love it, admittedly it's definitely very light and plastic vs vinyl. So I can see why a lot of them ended up damaged. Mine got knocked over at home and I was terrified it was actually gonna crack or shatter because of it. Anyway it's back in the box for now until I can put it somewhere more stable and putty it down.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

meangene
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby meangene » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:58 pm

Crazy. Imagine if everyone at fundays could have won one. That would have been amazing
Gene

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:46 am

is there any confirmation that the original plan was to give every member of fundays a mega-dorbz ? from a logistical and take home standpoint that seems crazy. but awesome. everyone walking out with that crazy sized box ?

still hoping for the capt dorbz. I don't know what the word is on the streets. is captain confirmed for release in September ? on a wed online possibly?
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:09 pm

Anyone know the dimensions and weight of the boxed mega dorbz?
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

Treblemdk

Postby Treblemdk » Tue May 09, 2017 6:00 pm

I'd love to see more mega dorbz!

hikanteki

Postby hikanteki » Tue May 09, 2017 6:36 pm

Trixt wrote:
treswright wrote:

Aww, that would have been awesome! And made for some great publicity.
David here. Pleased to meet you! =)

Rgncajun

Postby Rgncajun » Tue May 09, 2017 6:41 pm

I just can't imagine there being 1500 of these mega dorbz win one room

Trixt

Postby Trixt » Tue May 09, 2017 6:44 pm

hikanteki wrote:
Trixt wrote:
treswright wrote:

Aww, that would have been awesome! And made for some great publicity.

Hopefully they try again this year and it isn't as rushed. We shall see.
Name is Wil.

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Tue May 09, 2017 9:44 pm

I have the 18" Classic Batman mega-dorb. Would be cool if they did them again this year.
OWNER
http://www.thefunexchange.com

IG & Facebook @thefunexchange

Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere | FunKon

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed May 10, 2017 8:20 am

The problem with the quality control is related to the size, packaging, and material they are made out of. They are not vinyl, they are plastic. It's a thin shell so they don't weigh much, but painted plastic isn't as resilient as vinyl so it's a lot easier to scuff it. They were packed in boxes with plastic inserts on the top and bottom to hold them in place. The inserts scuff the plastic and paint at the contact points, so basically there's a worn "halo" around the head and base. The finish is matte, but it looks shiny where it was scuffed, plus it smudges the paint a bit. Mine aren't bad, you have to look pretty closely to see the wear spots. I imagine some were much worse though, especially after a trip from China. Funko has a pretty high level of quality control and they know a lot of Funko collectors are very picky, so I'm not surprised they decided not to distribute them if they were damaged worse than mine.

I don't know how you could pack them so that they would make the trip damage-free, you'd probably have to wrap each one in bubble wrap or fill the box with peanuts which would no doubt be time-consuming. I'm kind of thinking we may not see mega Dorbz again because of it, but Funko is full of surprises so who knows!

Ramennoodlez

Postby Ramennoodlez » Mon May 15, 2017 1:52 am

it would be awesome to have a chance at mega dorbz this year at sdcc
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Dorbz”