Captain America Mega Dorbz XL

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Re: Captain America Mega Dorbz XL

Postby Valde » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:07 pm

meangene wrote:God I hope I get another Mega Dorbz for Fright Night! I would die!! lol

If you die can I have your other one?
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

meangene
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby meangene » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:43 pm

Valde wrote:
meangene wrote:God I hope I get another Mega Dorbz for Fright Night! I would die!! lol

If you die can I have your other one?

Yes you can :freddy2:
Gene

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:10 pm

treswright wrote:
Flex Luthor wrote:Do you guys think this Cap Mega Dorbz will be given out at Fright Night? Or a Mega Dorbz in general?

GITD Oogie Boogie would be AWESOME given the theme of the party. Just throwing that out there :-D

oh ya... a GITD mega Oogie Boogie!! I just peed a little.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:30 pm

Hopefully the release more so I have a chance at one.

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:47 am

you and me both bro..lets get one
Hi Im Bryan & Im Pop Collector & Back to the Future Collector as well. \:D/

INSTAGRAM : BRTS054

meangene
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby meangene » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:01 am

bryan_sato54 wrote:

you and me both bro..lets get one

For real you need to work that magic again! lol
Gene

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:53 pm

Does anyone know why there are two color variants of the Mega Dorbz Captain America? There’s a primary color blue and a baby blue version of this that was pointed out to me from a friend.

Just wanted to get some insight on this.
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sun May 28, 2023 11:52 pm

rontonsoup wrote:Does anyone know why there are two color variants of the Mega Dorbz Captain America? There’s a primary color blue and a baby blue version of this that was pointed out to me from a friend.

The light blue was originally the actual color this was suppose to be but some time right before it was to be released at the Funko South Pop-Up shop they were all pulled due to “quality control” with the exception of a few going out to the very first funatics to go through. From there, a second batch was done that ended up with a slightly darker shade of blue which were released by Fugitive Toys some time after the con finished.

To give you an example, I have the Fugitive released Cap which is darker, but the proto is the color of the original release.

COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Mon May 29, 2023 12:55 am

thejosh2010 wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:Does anyone know why there are two color variants of the Mega Dorbz Captain America? There’s a primary color blue and a baby blue version of this that was pointed out to me from a friend.

The light blue was originally the actual color this was suppose to be but some time right before it was to be released at the Funko South Pop-Up shop they were all pulled due to “quality control” with the exception of a few going out to the very first funatics to go through. From there, a second batch was done that ended up with a slightly darker shade of blue which were released by Fugitive Toys some time after the con finished.

To give you an example, I have the Fugitive released Cap which is darker, but the proto is the color of the original release.

I know a lot of Funatics (Including me) who were so sad when they were unable to get one at the pop up shop. I would love to have one someday.
Hi! I’m Eric

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Mon May 29, 2023 9:53 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

I know a lot of Funatics (Including me) who were so sad when they were unable to get one at the pop up shop. I would love to have one someday.

There was one I saw locally in San Diego for sale. Shouldn't be too far of a drive for you. If you are interested I can send you the link to it. Good luck on the future purchase.
iso: marvin the martian dorbz 9"
marvin the martian whacky wobbler 20"

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Tue May 30, 2023 12:53 am

w00tw00t wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

There was one I saw locally in San Diego for sale. Shouldn't be too far of a drive for you. If you are interested I can send you the link to it. Good luck on the future purchase.

I think I saw that one for sale too. I was thinking of trading in my 18” Batman for it

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Tue May 30, 2023 1:15 am

rontonsoup wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

I think I saw that one for sale too. I was thinking of trading in my 18” Batman for it

Not sure if he was looking for trades, but I love me some Batman. Good luck.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Tue May 30, 2023 10:42 am

w00tw00t wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

I can’t remember if I saw it on offer up or Facebook.

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Tue May 30, 2023 11:18 am

w00tw00t wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

Yes! Please pm me the info!
Hi! I’m Eric

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Tue May 30, 2023 11:38 am

rontonsoup wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:

The one I saw was listed on offerup.

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Tue May 30, 2023 11:44 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

Yes! Please pm me the info!

Looked and some reason can't find it anymore. I'll continue to look and if I find it i'll shoot you a pm.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Tue May 30, 2023 5:42 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

I ended up finding it on fb :)

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue May 30, 2023 6:33 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:

Thank you for sharing. I love the pictures, glad they went with the darker blue.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Tue May 30, 2023 7:14 pm

rontonsoup wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:

I see. Is it still listed on FB?

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Wed May 31, 2023 1:53 am

w00tw00t wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

Yeah. Just search Captain America Mega Dorbz and I saw it posted up in like 5-6 groups from Carlos Sandoval.

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Wed May 31, 2023 2:03 am

rontonsoup wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:

Yeah. Just search Captain America Mega Dorbz and I saw it posted up in like 5-6 groups from Carlos Sandoval.

Ah, I see it now. Thanks. The one I saw was definitely from offerup. I forget which version it was, but they had photos of it on the sofa. Could very well be the same seller. I wish they made a marvin in this size =(

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Wed May 31, 2023 10:47 am

w00tw00t wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

Ah, I see it now. Thanks. The one I saw was definitely from offerup. I forget which version it was, but they had photos of it on the sofa. Could very well be the same seller. I wish they made a marvin in this size =(

You’d think there would be

LoneWolf72

Postby LoneWolf72 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:14 am

I bought one for my wife at SDCC, and I saw another in Everett, WA a couple of months later at Bobakan Toys (it was completely white, unpainted). I haven't seen any since and last I heard, most of the 75 made were damaged in transit to the Con and never sold.
I'm Chad AKA Mr. StarWarner.
Image Image
Collecting since 2013
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Virtual Con (2020), and Funkon (2021)
Funko Panel, Bingo Night (SDCC)
Funko Panel, Hall H (SDCC)
Fright Night San Diego
Funko HQ Grand Opening
FDO: Los Angeles (×2), Sacramento, and Baltimore (×2)

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:09 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Who has info on this guy? We know that they were sold at SDCC this summer and 75 weren't sold. And we know that they were sent to many different artists to decorate for Operation ReDorbz (which was super awesome). But the question is....will these be sold elsewhere :-k :-k :-k

I was on the line the first day of this pop up shop in sdcc and they had very few of the mega capt dorbz. They said they all came damaged. Here is the picture of the order hand out. https://www.instagram.com/p/BIIT41qgmJM ... BiNWFlZA== I fear there are very few of these.
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:47 am

There is currently one on ebay going for 4 grand plus $50 for shipping :rolleyes: … for that price shipping should be included!! I did the one on Mercari a while back..

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:32 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:
treswright wrote:
Flex Luthor wrote:Do you guys think this Cap Mega Dorbz will be given out at Fright Night? Or a Mega Dorbz in general?

GITD Oogie Boogie would be AWESOME given the theme of the party. Just throwing that out there :-D

oh ya... a GITD mega Oogie Boogie!! I just peed a little.

Oh Man, a GITD mega Oogie Boogie, I would cry.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

Return to “Dorbz”