MoTU Dorbz

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: MoTU Dorbz

Postby Arloe8 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:10 am

That's all that's here in Georgia as well. MOTU have shown up in South Carolina, North Carolina and Florida ](*,) come one Georgia
Dorian Arloe

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:45 pm

I dont even have MMPR or Mega Man BOO.

Just classic Batman, TTG, TMNT AT.

jeffcrazy

Postby jeffcrazy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:11 pm

dyiiiing for a Faker :)

michael

Postby michael » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:54 am

jeffcrazy wrote:dyiiiing for a Faker :)

yep.
North Jersey
My collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... NUWQPZICW/
Shamelessly downsizing as MikeAwesome13 on eBay.

DonCaballero

Postby DonCaballero » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:37 pm

i feel like brickseek is always one step behind. as soon as it says they are available i go to all of the stores and they are like no we sold out. hoping they go live on walmarts website soon.

jeffcrazy

Postby jeffcrazy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:13 pm

I just read back in the thread a little bit and I just wanted to add on to the Barnes and Noble Chase sticker weirdness - I went to B&N last night and saw they had the Cat in the Hat Exclusives, but when I compared the Cat in the exclusive box to the Cat in the regular box they look identical - the exclusive doesn't look flocked at all. I didn't care enough to question it, but seeing this info about the Chase sticker makes me wonder if there are shenanigans going on at the B&N Warehouse or something. I wish I took a picture of it now to show, but oh well.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:42 pm

DonCaballero wrote:i feel like brickseek is always one step behind. as soon as it says they are available i go to all of the stores and they are like no we sold out. hoping they go live on walmarts website soon.

I was at a WalMart this week that Brickseek said didn't have MotU and there none on the shelf. The next day Brickseek said they were there, but when I stopped by there was nothing. When I asked someone, I was told I needed to check with the dept. manager the next day. When I returned the next day to empty shelves, I found the same employee and he said he'd check with the manager. 15 minutes later he returned, took me to where the Dorbz are, handed me the exclusive pink Raven Dorbz and told me that that was what I was looking for. I politely told him that that wasn't what I was looking for and he told me it must be because that was what he was told it was.

:-s
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:08 pm

groundhog7s wrote:
DonCaballero wrote:i feel like brickseek is always one step behind. as soon as it says they are available i go to all of the stores and they are like no we sold out. hoping they go live on walmarts website soon.

I was at a WalMart this week that Brickseek said didn't have MotU and there none on the shelf. The next day Brickseek said they were there, but when I stopped by there was nothing. When I asked someone, I was told I needed to check with the dept. manager the next day. When I returned the next day to empty shelves, I found the same employee and he said he'd check with the manager. 15 minutes later he returned, took me to where the Dorbz are, handed me the exclusive pink Raven Dorbz and told me that that was what I was looking for. I politely told him that that wasn't what I was looking for and he told me it must be because that was what he was told it was.

:-s

If you ever look at there tags that they put on the shelf they say things like Dorbz 1, Dorbz 2, Dorbz 3, etc. I have a feeling that each individual SKU is lumped into one of these large SKU's. So when it says they have 5 in stock its more than likely 5 that fall under that larger SKU. So that might be why they gave you TTG Raven. Probably falls in with MOTU.

Top ISO
1. Apollo Freddy 2. 18" Retro Freddy Skeletor 3. Retro Freddy Skeletor

Instagram : JsinLegacy

Team BACON

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:51 am

I hit a store that said 9. I went, no faker. But they had exactly 9 assorted motu dorbz. I'm gonna try one more place and then I'm done. Yay walmart

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:15 am

So, what I'm seeing is that each MotU case gets 1 Faker. So it's almost a chase. Last night, I started seeing people getting him on Facebook in my area. They were cleaned out by the time I got to any of the stores. 1 unit. I guess I'll wait for Forbidden Planet.
I'm Josh

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:21 pm

grandpa_stern wrote:So, what I'm seeing is that each MotU case gets 1 Faker. So it's almost a chase. Last night, I started seeing people getting him on Facebook in my area. They were cleaned out by the time I got to any of the stores. 1 unit. I guess I'll wait for Forbidden Planet.

Faker seems to go straight to EBay. Still hoping to find him and his chase counter parts in the wild. The only good thing is collectors haven't fully embraced Dorbz yet so EBay prices aren't that bad. Still waiting on our next MOTU ridez :-"
Dorian Arloe

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:12 pm

grandpa_stern wrote:So, what I'm seeing is that each MotU case gets 1 Faker. So it's almost a chase. Last night, I started seeing people getting him on Facebook in my area. They were cleaned out by the time I got to any of the stores. 1 unit. I guess I'll wait for Forbidden Planet.

I scanned the upc from brickseekwith price checker, and it came up as faker. Asked an employee if he could scan it, he said yes, and that it said faker and they had 9 in stock. I told him that they aren't there. He "went in the back" and his manager says that if they have them (which according to their internal stick checker, they did) then they are there. It was honestly hilarious.

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:38 pm

Apparently, they all show up under that number. SO if you see 9, it could mean 9 of any of the MotU. Sigh.
I'm Josh

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:27 am

I need that Faker! I keep checking around me but no MOTU Dorbz at all so far.... hoping I don't have to feed the flippers
Kristen

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:09 am

That's what I've seen too. I checked five Walmarts in my area that have dorbz. Only two had MOTU dorbz on the shelf, only one had one Faker. That one also had a chase He-man (bonus!). I've been checking for about two weeks, multiple times, and have only seen the one. My area has a lot of flippers, but there weren't even any other MOTU dorbz at three stores. So I'm not sure if they just haven't been stocked yet, or if the supply is short in my area.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

DarthScooby

Postby DarthScooby » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:34 pm

Two days ago, I found 1 each of He-Man, Skeletor, Mer-Man, and Man-At-Arms. No Faker, but I bought Mer-Man and Man-At-Arms. I went back today, and they just had He-Man and Skeletor, but I was looking all around the toy aisle, and found FAKER hidden. I couldn't believe it. it was probably there last time I was there 2 days ago, but I found it today.

This Wal Mart was in Ohio by the way, for those keeping tabs on what states are getting them.

OrangePants

Postby OrangePants » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:22 pm

Here in Raleigh, I was starting to think the MOTU series was not coming. I stopped by a nearby WalMart after work today that I have been checking for the past 3 weeks. Everytime prior, they only had TMNT, AT, Batman, and TT. I was becoming increasinly frustrated. Today, however, had a different ending. They received a shipment of 6 MOTU; 2 He-Mans, 1 Man-At-Arms, 1 Skeletor, 1 Faker, and 1 Chase Merman. Needless to say to quickly snatched up the chase and Faker. Made my week.

michael

Postby michael » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:20 pm

I have never had a good experience trying to get a Walmart exclusive, and this has been no exception. I'm not driving out (over and over) to multiple stores miles away (or paying 5-6 times retail on eBay) just to keep my collection going. I would have loved a Faker -- I called, they said they got them in, Brickseek said there was stock, and once again I showed up to be disappointed. Hopefully they sell them online.
North Jersey

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:26 pm

michael wrote:I have never had a good experience trying to get a Walmart exclusive, and this has been no exception. I'm not driving out (over and over) to multiple stores miles away (or paying 5-6 times retail on eBay) just to keep my collection going. I would have loved a Faker -- I called, they said they got them in, Brickseek said there was stock, and once again I showed up to be disappointed. Hopefully they sell them online.

If you keep checking eBay you can find them for like $25. Worth it to avoid the hassle of visiting Walmart looking for something.

Top ISO

Team BACON

DonCaballero

Postby DonCaballero » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:38 am

JsinLegacy wrote:
michael wrote:I have never had a good experience trying to get a Walmart exclusive, and this has been no exception. I'm not driving out (over and over) to multiple stores miles away (or paying 5-6 times retail on eBay) just to keep my collection going. I would have loved a Faker -- I called, they said they got them in, Brickseek said there was stock, and once again I showed up to be disappointed. Hopefully they sell them online.

If you keep checking eBay you can find them for like $25. Worth it to avoid the hassle of visiting Walmart looking for something.

I went all over Northern California searching for a kylo unmasked Walmart exclusive. It was then that I made a pledge to myself that I would just eBay Walmart exclusives from now on. Money well spent to stay out of a Walmart

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:18 pm

I broke down and just bought Faker on eBay. The extra cost was worth not having to venture into any more Walmarts or ask Alex to keep venturing into them in NY for me. Hahaha...

Top ISO

Team BACON

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:53 pm

Nice Jsin! I've got one on the way from Ebay too. Can't wait!
I be Chris

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:22 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:Nice Jsin! I've got one on the way from Ebay too. Can't wait!

Nice.... it looks better in person then it does in photos. I really hope they do a pop version of him or even a wacky wobbler.

If they did MOTU Deluxe Vinyl I'll die. lol

I just figured the extra cost was worth losing the hassle of looking. Alex was literally all over NY looking for them and calling places. I checked in my town and the town over and nothing. Brickseek wasn't any help either really.

Top ISO

Team BACON

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:41 pm

JsinLegacy wrote:
MasterSplyntr wrote:Nice Jsin! I've got one on the way from Ebay too. Can't wait!

Nice.... it looks better in person then it does in photos. I really hope they do a pop version of him or even a wacky wobbler.

If they did MOTU Deluxe Vinyl I'll die. lol

I just figured the extra cost was worth losing the hassle of looking. Alex was literally all over NY looking for them and calling places. I checked in my town and the town over and nothing. Brickseek wasn't any help either really.

If Funko every came out with a MOTU Deluxe, I'd die with you dude.
I be Chris

michael

Postby michael » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:49 pm

DonCaballero wrote:
JsinLegacy wrote:

I went all over Northern California searching for a kylo unmasked Walmart exclusive. It was then that I made a pledge to myself that I would just eBay Walmart exclusives from now on. Money well spent to stay out of a Walmart

I did the same for unmasked Kylo Ren (here in Jersey), and that was a breaking point for me as well. Haunting retail stores and wasting so much time took all the joy out of collecting Funko for me. I get the appeal and understand the flippin' -- but Walmarts local to me are no funko.
North Jersey

DarthScooby

Postby DarthScooby » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:07 am

I absolutely HATE how flimsy the weapons are in the MOTU Dorbz that are holding something (like He-Man, Faker, Adam, Skeletor). The first Two MOTU Dorbz I got were Mer-Man and Man At Arms and I opened them up. Obviously, no problems as they aren't holding anything. But Faker, when I opened him, his sword was slightly broke and if I leave him out of the box and ANYTHING touches it, the sword will fall apart. Then He-Man, Skeletor, and Adam you can tell one flick, or if the Dorb would fall somehow, that's it, the sword will break.

Then I saw He-Mans at different Wal Marts that also had their sword broken inside partially like my Faker, or to the point they were completely broken in half.

So be careful. The little power swords on these break EASY.

So, I have to keep my Faker, Adam, He-Man, and Skeletor in their boxes, because I don't trust them to not get broken if they are open. Which sucks! These look great out of packaging.

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:12 am

Got my Faker off ebay too. Wasn't bad - I offered $15 to somebody who had 3 of them for $30. Dude was cool and accepted it. Much better then the gas I was wasting. My 3 nearest TRY have that 3' section with not dorb z, so I had to drive nearly an hour to check the stores that actually have dorbz.

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:30 am

I got lucky and traded my extra HT Logran Dorbz for someone's Faker. Well worth it after I spent three hours driving around last Saturday. Of course, this probably means they'll go into wide release next week. You're all welcome! :)
I'm Josh

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:41 am

I'm also getting sick of checking Walmart on a weekly basis, but haven't given up hope quite yet. If we all start having to pay $25 for exclusives I'm scared to see what we'll end up paying for Chases in the future.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:02 am

I gave up and e-bayed him too. I hate feeding the flippers but I've wasted too much time and gas hitting up Wal-Marts. The ones by me are terrible at stocking exclusives.
Kristen

ricflair4ever

Postby ricflair4ever » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:03 pm

I still have yet to see a single MOTU Dorbz at all, let alone Faker. I'm willing to wait a little longer, but from the way my Walmarts are handlig Dorbz in general, I'd be a fool to assume time is on my side here.

Eloy

Postby Eloy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:54 pm

Officially gave up on finding a Faker at Walmart, or any MotU for that matter. Don't want to pay eBay prices but I might have to. She Ra is pricey too.

michael

Postby michael » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:42 pm

Eloy wrote:Officially gave up on finding a Faker at Walmart, or any MotU for that matter. Don't want to pay eBay prices but I might have to. She Ra is pricey too.

After my initial post in this thread I found I'm not so alone w/poor retailer exclusive experiences and outlook on the value of my time/dollar. I will say (being a MOTU fan in general) I did get She-Ra and He-Man on Battlecat when Funko was selling them and they're really cool. It would be sweet to add at least Faker and/or a chase to the set but... well read above.
North Jersey

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:51 pm

Seems the majority of people are just going to eBay to get Faker. Can't blame them its a pain to find them in store. The extra cost was worth it to me.

Eloy wrote:Officially gave up on finding a Faker at Walmart, or any MotU for that matter. Don't want to pay eBay prices but I might have to. She Ra is pricey too.

Faker seems to be going anywhere from $20-$35 on eBay. So not to bad really. I did notice She-Ra is climbing tho.

Top ISO

Team BACON

Princess

Postby Princess » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:54 pm

She-Ra is priceless......just saying. :D :cheers:
signature created by bathtub-tigers

Stu

Postby Stu » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:02 pm

It is still kinda early for the Faker dorbz. I don't think it started hitting until early or mid February. Most of times exclusives have at least six month initial runs where they are receiving new product. It wouldn't surprise me if the Faker Dorbz started showing up more readily in the next few weeks/months. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't either.
My name is Aaron...Many call me Stu...it is a long story.

ISO: Skeletor and Panthor Dorbz ride.

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Here's my problem with Faker. He isn't his own unit. If walmart could order 6 Fakers, this would all be over. Everyone would be happy. They would be everywhere. However, as it stands now, they are 1 dorbz out of 6 in a full pack. And if you haven't noticed, in most places, Walmart will not keep putting dorbz after dorbz out if the others haven't sold. So, while everyone wants a chase and a Faker, no one wants another common he-man or merman. Thus, they sit there. And they sit there. And no one orders another case because the last ones haven't sold. In a year, they'll be marked down and then they might not order them again.

Now, I know that's the pessimistic take. I certainly hope that things don't stay like this. I hope that Walmart gets the option to buy 6 Fakers in 1 box. However, I seriously wonder if that will happen. And it made me so paranoid that I did two things: I traded a HT Logan 2000 dorbz for someone's Faker. And I preordered Cable from FP to avoid the frustration if they pack 1 in a 6 pack of Xmen dorbz.
I'm Josh

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:22 pm

grandpa_stern wrote:Here's my problem with Faker. He isn't his own unit. If walmart could order 6 Fakers, this would all be over. Everyone would be happy. They would be everywhere. However, as it stands now, they are 1 dorbz out of 6 in a full pack. And if you haven't noticed, in most places, Walmart will not keep putting dorbz after dorbz out if the others haven't sold. So, while everyone wants a chase and a Faker, no one wants another common he-man or merman. Thus, they sit there. And they sit there. And no one orders another case because the last ones haven't sold. In a year, they'll be marked down and then they might not order them again.

Now, I know that's the pessimistic take. I certainly hope that things don't stay like this. I hope that Walmart gets the option to buy 6 Fakers in 1 box. However, I seriously wonder if that will happen. And it made me so paranoid that I did two things: I traded a HT Logan 2000 dorbz for someone's Faker. And I preordered Cable from FP to avoid the frustration if they pack 1 in a 6 pack of Xmen dorbz.

The easiest solution to this is for them to put exclusives on-line more often. I think the fact that Funko Shop on-line gets more Dorbz than Pops shows that there is a market for Dorbz, just not necessarily on retail shelves.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:48 pm

groundhog7s wrote:
grandpa_stern wrote:Here's my problem with Faker. He isn't his own unit. If walmart could order 6 Fakers, this would all be over. Everyone would be happy. They would be everywhere. However, as it stands now, they are 1 dorbz out of 6 in a full pack. And if you haven't noticed, in most places, Walmart will not keep putting dorbz after dorbz out if the others haven't sold. So, while everyone wants a chase and a Faker, no one wants another common he-man or merman. Thus, they sit there. And they sit there. And no one orders another case because the last ones haven't sold. In a year, they'll be marked down and then they might not order them again.

The easiest solution to this is for them to put exclusives on-line more often. I think the fact that Funko Shop on-line gets more Dorbz than Pops shows that there is a market for Dorbz, just not necessarily on retail shelves.

That's a great idea. I saw that they put up Alpha 5 who was in the same boat as Faker, 1 in 6. Just mind boggling.
I'm Josh

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Princess wrote:She-Ra is priceless......just saying. :D :cheers:

pft.. not as priceless as the true heroine of the story .. Evil-Lynn

Top ISO

Team BACON

Return to “Dorbz”