MoTU Dorbz

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: MoTU Dorbz

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:59 am

Greybeard wrote:Snagged She-Ra and the Batman, and joined the club. Almost thinking I like the Dorbz better'n the Pop's :)

Q: The details say this is the 2016 club. Does that mean I need to renew in January? If so, not a good move on my part :)

I do believe the Funko Funklub is a yearly subscription, but each year I'm sure there will be a new Freddy + other goodies.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Stu

Postby Stu » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:02 pm

Probably too early to talk about Series 2 but If I had my way series 2 would be:

Tela
Evil-Lyn
Trap Jaw
Buzz-Off
Orko
Beast-man
My name is Aaron...Many call me Stu...it is a long story.

ISO: Skeletor and Panthor Dorbz ride.

treswright

Postby treswright » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Greybeard wrote:And nice collection! I really like that stand. I just wish I could bring myself to break them out of their boxes.

That awesome collection in his pic is Pint Sized Heroes. They come in bags so it's a lot easier to be an OOB collector with those lol

Greybeard wrote:Q: The details say this is the 2016 club. Does that mean I need to renew in January? If so, not a good move on my part :)

That's our understanding, yes. It didn't used to be that way, they changed it to a yearly thing this year. There's not really much of a club though, mostly people "join" to get the Freddy.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:51 pm

I love the expansion of the Dorbz line. I really think they will continue to grow in popularity, though probably won't touch the Pop line.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

Princess

Postby Princess » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Stu wrote:Probably too early to talk about Series 2 but If I had my way series 2 would be:

Tela
Evil-Lyn
Trap Jaw
Buzz-Off
Orko
Beast-man

All very good choices. To be honest...as long as there is an Orko, I would be happy with anyone on that list. Although the Sorceress would also be amazing.
signature created by bathtub-tigers

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Yay for She-Ra!!! Just put in my order. Cannot wait to put her Dorb with my Pop version. Now, I just need a Vinyl Vixen and Mystery Mini version.
Just a small town girl...

Greybeard

Postby Greybeard » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:08 pm

treswright wrote:That awesome collection in his pic is Pint Sized Heroes. They come in bags so it's a lot easier to be an OOB collector with those lol

Oh jeez, not another line to look into!

Thanks for the information, and sorry for the partial hijack.
Greybeard
Pops: 10
Dorbz: 2
ISO: Doctor #4, Big Boy

Princess

Postby Princess » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:33 pm

OMG! OMG! OMG! The MOTU Dorbz are in stock at PC. The store is closed until Tuesday.....but still! They are close. I am soooooo excited for these....I can't even convey how excited lol. I only hope that PC get them to me quickly....i will be waiting by the mailbox lol. Also saw Mega Man Dorbz are also in stock. Going to be one heck of a new year for Dorbz!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Has anyone seen them in stores yet?
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:45 pm

willy wonka wrote:Has anyone seen them in stores yet?

Not me. I'm curious what store these will end up at. I'm really hoping TRU gets them!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:19 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
willy wonka wrote:Has anyone seen them in stores yet?

Not me. I'm curious what store these will end up at. I'm really hoping TRU gets them!

Im hoping Bed Bath and Beyond stocks them, easy chases for all!
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:58 am

GameStop has He-Man and Skeletor for pre-order and I would expect Hot Topic to have them all on-line.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:34 am

Still anxiously waiting to see the Ridez glams for MoTU :-)
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:29 am

groundhog7s wrote:GameStop has He-Man and Skeletor for pre-order and I would expect Hot Topic to have them all on-line.

Thanks for the info. I might do a pre-order at Gamestop.
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:37 pm

Just missed out on a Prince Adam chase at Gamestop today. It was on the shelf near the checkout and the employee said someone already claimed dibs on him. That is the closest I have come to finding a chase in the wild and it only makes me want to hit up more Gamestops tomorrow. The struggle is real.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

Princess

Postby Princess » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:31 pm

newhousebailey wrote:Just missed out on a Prince Adam chase at Gamestop today. It was on the shelf near the checkout and the employee said someone already claimed dibs on him. That is the closest I have come to finding a chase in the wild and it only makes me want to hit up more Gamestops tomorrow. The struggle is real.

Oh wow. That's rough. I'm not quite sure how someone can call dibs if they didn't buy it right away lol. If they were h Laing it for someone....probably better to put it behind the counter so you didn't know how close you came. Good luck for the search tomorrow.

The Head

Postby The Head » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:59 am

newhousebailey wrote:Just missed out on a Prince Adam chase at Gamestop today. It was on the shelf near the checkout and the employee said someone already claimed dibs on him. That is the closest I have come to finding a chase in the wild and it only makes me want to hit up more Gamestops tomorrow. The struggle is real.

That's BS. If it's behind the counter, that's one thing, but if it's on a shelf, it should be fair game for you to buy it. The employee probably claimed dibs (or they are buying it for someone they know) and just can't buy it until their shift is over. Grr...

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:38 pm

The Head wrote:

That's BS. If it's behind the counter, that's one thing, but if it's on a shelf, it should be fair game for you to buy it. The employee probably claimed dibs (or they are buying it for someone they know) and just can't buy it until their shift is over. Grr...

Our GS is odd where there is a center shelf that would be behind the counter but is also where customers are checked out. It is a weird setup and I will give the people the benefit of the doubt. Didn't make it to another store today so I still have the chase itch!
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

The Head

Postby The Head » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:20 pm

newhousebailey wrote:
The Head wrote:

Our GS is odd where there is a center shelf that would be behind the counter but is also where customers are checked out. It is a weird setup and I will give the people the benefit of the doubt. Didn't make it to another store today so I still have the chase itch!

Got it. You're a good man, newhouse! :D

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:44 pm

They've hit the Central Coast of California. There's one GS 17 miles away from me that always seems to get stuff early. Apparently they have the chases but they're all spoken for.
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:46 pm

valorandvellum wrote:They've hit the Central Coast of California. There's one GS 17 miles away from me that always seems to get stuff early. Apparently they have the chases but they're all spoken for.

That sucks.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:57 pm

The Head wrote:
newhousebailey wrote:
The Head wrote:That's BS. If it's behind the counter, that's one thing, but if it's on a shelf, it should be fair game for you to buy it. The employee probably claimed dibs (or they are buying it for someone they know) and just can't buy it until their shift is over. Grr...

Got it. You're a good man, newhouse! :D

It is true, nice guys finish last. :(
My Name is Ernie

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:04 pm

I keep stalking my store hoping they will be in soon. I know that some cities are getting them, why not mine?! I have them pre-ordered, but I am really hoping to track down the chases for these. They would be my first chases in the wild and I think that would be totally fitting!! C'mon, Gamestop! Don't let me down!
Hi, I'm Merri!

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:30 am

I bought 4 Skeletors with the BOGO50 sale and got a chase. One less to worry about!!

When I went to my local GS the other day chase hunting. The clerk told me "Don't bother looking, I pre-order them all, so I buy them all." Wanted to punch him in the throat.

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:03 am

jambes wrote:I bought 4 Skeletors with the BOGO50 sale and got a chase. One less to worry about!!

When I went to my local GS the other day chase hunting. The clerk told me "Don't bother looking, I pre-order them all, so I buy them all." Wanted to punch him in the throat.

Then call corporate. Report them.

Stu

Postby Stu » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:03 am

Cosmic_Cow wrote:
jambes wrote:I bought 4 Skeletors with the BOGO50 sale and got a chase. One less to worry about!!

There is nothing corporate can do if a store employee is buying them...You can call corporate and complain that the employee is rude, but corporate isn't going to tell an employee to stop buying stock.

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:09 am

Stu wrote:
Cosmic_Cow wrote:

There is nothing corporate can do if a store employee is buying them...You can call corporate and complain that the employee is rude, but corporate isn't going to tell an employee to stop buying stock.

Nah, I don't blame him. Just the way he told me that proved to me I will never shop at that store again as I will never find anything worthwhile.

Stu

Postby Stu » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:28 am

jambes wrote:
Stu wrote:
Cosmic_Cow wrote:

Nah, I don't blame him. Just the way he told me that proved to me I will never shop at that store again as I will never find anything worthwhile.

If you did buy something there, I would fill out a survey on their website. That affects the individual store and has more of an impact on the individual store and store employees.

xTyx

Postby xTyx » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:43 am

Princess wrote:
Stu wrote:Probably too early to talk about Series 2 but If I had my way series 2 would be:

Tela
Evil-Lyn
Trap Jaw
Buzz-Off
Orko
Beast-man

All very good choices. To be honest...as long as there is an Orko, I would be happy with anyone on that list. Although the Sorceress would also be amazing.

You forgot Man-E-Faces!

Stu

Postby Stu » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:13 pm

xTyx wrote:
Princess wrote:

Tela
Evil-Lyn
Trap Jaw
Buzz-Off
Orko
Beast-man

You forgot Man-E-Faces!

It was a close call as Buzz-Off and Man-E-Faces were favorite toys of mine growing up. I chose Buzz-Off in series two because I want all three faces of Man-E-Faces and thought that would be easier for series 3.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:45 pm

That was super rude of him, but it could be a blessing in disguise. At least you won't have to waste any time chase hunting in that store ever again. Though sometimes GS's can have a revolving door for employees so maybe in a few months he'll be gone. lol
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:02 pm

Yeah my store has an employee that they said "collects" only chases. Sigh. I'm sure a lot of the stores have those. It's super disappointing, but I still live in hope that I will find a chase for these. My gamestop manager said that I am the only one that pre-ordered these and she promised that if they got any chase they would be held for me since I was the only preorder. She is supposed to call as soon as they get them so I just keep staring at my phone. Any day now. Any day.
Hi, I'm Merri!

Princess

Postby Princess » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:00 pm

synergy56 wrote:Yeah my store has an employee that they said "collects" only chases. Sigh. I'm sure a lot of the stores have those. It's super disappointing, but I still live in hope that I will find a chase for these. My gamestop manager said that I am the only one that pre-ordered these and she promised that if they got any chase they would be held for me since I was the only preorder. She is supposed to call as soon as they get them so I just keep staring at my phone. Any day now. Any day.

I have every finger and toe (and possibly an eye) crossed for you Merri. I don't think I have a chance at getting chased except on eBay, so I am hoping you get all the chases and I can enjoy the magic vicariously through you lol.

PC are just teasing me now lol. I have about 8 preorders with them. I got an email over a week ago saying one of them had been shipped, but they keep sending me an email with a different preorder each day to say it's shipped, but they all have the same tracking reference. So obviously they haven't actually shipped and they are working their way through all the preorders before they send the whole package. MOTU are in there. It's gonna be one huge box lol. Hope they send it soon. I need my MOTU fix!

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:46 pm

Anyone who has any of the MOTU Dorbz -- have you had any issues with quality of them? My She-Ra arrived with her sword fallen off, and two of my Skeletors staffs where also snapped off.

Princess

Postby Princess » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:49 am

jambes wrote:Anyone who has any of the MOTU Dorbz -- have you had any issues with quality of them? My She-Ra arrived with her sword fallen off, and two of my Skeletors staffs where also snapped off.

Oh no! I know lots of the she-ra had issues with the swords. I haven't heard of issues with skeletor, but I don't think many have him yet.

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:22 am

jambes wrote:Anyone who has any of the MOTU Dorbz -- have you had any issues with quality of them? My She-Ra arrived with her sword fallen off, and two of my Skeletors staffs where also snapped off.

My She-Ra had the sword broken off as well :(
Kristen

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:50 am

Your skeletor had 2 staffs? Is it staffs? What's the plural of staff? Is it like moose? I know when regarding work it is. I need to go back to school.

absyrd

Postby absyrd » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:17 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:

Your skeletor had 2 staffs? Is it staffs? What's the plural of staff? Is it like moose? I know when regarding work it is. I need to go back to school.

Staves? I feel like I'm big enough of a nerd to know this...
Fav Funko Item: Deadpool Super Deluxe Vinyl
First Dorbz: Cowboy Deadpool (MCC)
Latest Dorbz: Ghost Rider (Metallic)
Most Wanted Dorbz: Freddy, Freddy XL, and 18" Mega Deadpools! Obviously...

babasdada

Postby babasdada » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:19 am

So I got a b&n delivery and I got my first random chase via shipment. But then I looked and I saw two chase stickers. But heman has the chase sticker but the dorbz is not the chase variant. Very happy to get merman but what happened here??

Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

absyrd

Postby absyrd » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:17 am

babasdada wrote:So I got a b&n delivery and I got my first random chase via shipment. But then I looked and I saw two chase stickers. But heman has the chase sticker but the dorbz is not the chase variant. Very happy to get merman but what happened here??

Haha. He got put in the wrong pile for stickering? You have the only non-chase chasey chase in the world.

Nice haul for a blind delivery from B&N.
Fav Funko Item: Deadpool Super Deluxe Vinyl
First Dorbz: Cowboy Deadpool (MCC)
Latest Dorbz: Ghost Rider (Metallic)
Most Wanted Dorbz: Freddy, Freddy XL, and 18" Mega Deadpools! Obviously...

Return to “Dorbz”