MoTU Dorbz

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
synergy56

Re: MoTU Dorbz

Postby synergy56 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:58 pm

JsinLegacy wrote:
Princess wrote:She-Ra is priceless......just saying. :D :cheers:

pft.. not as priceless as the true heroine of the story .. Evil-Lynn

You poor, deluded man. It's so sad when they go crazy like this :roflmao:
I would love an Evil-Lynn. How cute would her Dorbz be? Although if we are talking tragic figures for She-ra I think the real victim is Shadow Weaver. She raised Adora only to have her turn and join the rebels.
Hi, I'm Merri!

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:33 pm

synergy56 wrote:
JsinLegacy wrote:
Princess wrote:She-Ra is priceless......just saying. :D :cheers:

pft.. not as priceless as the true heroine of the story .. Evil-Lynn

I would love an Evil-Lynn. How cute would her Dorbz be? Although if we are talking tragic figures for She-ra I think the real victim is Shadow Weaver. She raised Adora only to have her turn and join the rebels.

Breaking the woman's heart who raised her like a daughter... a bully just like her twin brother.

Top ISO
1. Apollo Freddy 2. 18" Retro Freddy Skeletor 3. Retro Freddy Skeletor

Instagram : JsinLegacy

Team BACON

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:13 am

JsinLegacy wrote:
synergy56 wrote:
JsinLegacy wrote:pft.. not as priceless as the true heroine of the story .. Evil-Lynn

Breaking the woman's heart who raised her like a daughter... a bully just like her twin brother.

Thank you for seeing the truth of Randor's Tyranny. His family is a scourge!

scottfoomusic510

Postby scottfoomusic510 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:50 pm

my friend finally found me faker...i gave up in sacramento lol he was worse than a chase to find :)
FUNKO FIENDS PRESIDENT
IG & TWITTER: @SCOTTFOOMUSIC - YOUTUBE: FUNKOFIENDS
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

michael

Postby michael » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:52 pm

scottfoomusic510 wrote:my friend finally found me faker...i gave up in sacramento lol he was worse than a chase to find :)

Totally. This, like so many other exclusives, was just a waste of my time. I just can't spend the eBay prices, even if he would look awesome with all my other Fakers + She-Ra and He-Man on Battlecat. Shame how these exclusives and chases kill my interest.
North Jersey
My collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... NUWQPZICW/
Shamelessly downsizing as MikeAwesome13 on eBay.

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:03 am

Finally got a Faker. Hoping for Ram-man to be made.

scottfoomusic510

Postby scottfoomusic510 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:57 am

Nooklin wrote:Finally got a Faker. Hoping for Ram-man to be made.

Awh man that would be epic ...where orco lol
FUNKO FIENDS PRESIDENT
IG & TWITTER: @SCOTTFOOMUSIC - YOUTUBE: FUNKOFIENDS
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:54 am

michael wrote:
scottfoomusic510 wrote:my friend finally found me faker...i gave up in sacramento lol he was worse than a chase to find :)

Totally. This, like so many other exclusives, was just a waste of my time. I just can't spend the eBay prices, even if he would look awesome with all my other Fakers + She-Ra and He-Man on Battlecat. Shame how these exclusives and chases kill my interest.

Why? Cause you have to look for something you want? Without chases and exclusives, we wouldn't have a faker at all. Chases and exclusives are essential to collecting, and Funko's success. Without them all pops are commons, and we don't get any variety, poses, colors, etc.

Brickseek, calling stores, FPI, ebay, plenty of avenues to get the chase/exclusives. Still looking for Faker myself, but I can wait, it will show eventually. Keep hunting and it will show up. If not, you can get it another way, but we need more chases, and more exclusives for MOTU, not less.

Cccustomspop

Postby Cccustomspop » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:18 am

Faker has. Even one of the only store exclusives lately that has been hard for us to find. We finally got one though after weeks of persistence.
Instagram: cccustomspop
FB: fb.com/cccustomspop

michael

Postby michael » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:26 pm

FredKruger wrote:Why? Cause you have to look for something you want?

No, I didn't say that. I've spent plenty of time visiting stores, using online tools and connecting with the community -- and it's been a highly positive experience in many respects. I was reflecting how it's a shame for me that it's grown so much more tedious to continually keep it up for any one set I'd like to add to my collection. I completely understand the value of chase, exclusive and limited pieces for collecting / hobbies in general and have appreciated that over the years I've been collecting many different types of items.

Personally, I can just no longer justify the time I need to spend (or conversely more often than not the cost) to get the pieces I'd really like. I am aware it's my own desire to be a completionist and interest in so many things, but the "hunt" is really just a deterrent and a reminder my priorities have changed, even though I enjoyed the hobby. Just not enough I guess; you may feel differently.

For this item specifically, I would note my closest Walmart isn't close at all, and they NEVER have an exclusive I'm looking for no matter what strategy I try. Ever. I find it comical how much easier it is for me to obtain highly limited and chase pieces near cost online and yet retailer exclusives are unobtainable w/o and often bloated secondary market. Seems counterintuitive to me.
North Jersey

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:59 pm

scottfoomusic510 wrote:

Orco!!!

and a Molar just for kicks.

ricflair4ever

Postby ricflair4ever » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:58 am

Nooklin wrote:
scottfoomusic510 wrote:

Orco!!!

I'd love to cast my vote for Orko AND Hordak.......but since i have yet to see a single one of these at any Walmart,I'll leave the wish list to whats currently "available" lol

Stu

Postby Stu » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:39 am

Nooklin wrote:
scottfoomusic510 wrote:

Orco!!!

I'm just going to keep saying it until it happens, The three faces of Man-E-Faces. This is all I want, that is a lie, there are plenty of He-Man characters I want as Dorbz, but the three faces of Man-E-Faces are my biggest want at the moment.
Last edited by Stu on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Aaron...Many call me Stu...it is a long story.

ISO: Skeletor and Panthor Dorbz ride.

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:46 am

michael wrote: I was reflecting how it's a shame for me that it's grown so much more tedious to continually keep it up for any one set I'd like to add to my collection.

I can totally relate to what you're saying. It's gotten to where there are so many people chasing Pops and Dorbz that often unless you're camping out on the Internet or stalking stores all day you're inevitably going to have to pay flipper prices to stay complete on exclusives, and that really just takes all the fun out of collecting. And we're not even talking about chases which have been impossible to obtain in the wild for years, we're talking exclusives which traditionally have been easy enough to get but lately have become as hard to find as chases. I've been trying to stay complete on the SW Rebels line, but I cringed when I found out they were doing not one but THREE WM exclusives. WM distribution is so dreadful that it makes hunting WM exclusives a big exercise in frustration. I've been patiently waiting and looking in stores and on their site. They finally went live on the web site but sold out in minutes. So once again I'm faced with paying flipper prices to stay complete, but honestly I'm asking myself why bother? Why try to stay complete on those if it's just going to be head-banging frustration every time a new exclusive comes out? It's not worth it. That's just one example, there have been plenty of others lately.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:41 am

I agree that sometimes store exclusives can really try my patience when I want to collect certain lines. GOTG has been my favorite Marvel comic since I was like 9 and I love that the movie made them popular and opened doors for merchandising but on the other hand..both Funko and GOTG have gotten so popular I can't get a jumbo Groot because they keep getting snatched by flippers or even just other collectors who barely know what a "Groot" is. This can dampen my spirits a bit on occasion. I can definitely say this forum has helped with that though! More so than anyone or anything else.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

DonCaballero

Postby DonCaballero » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:05 pm

announced today there will be a MOTU 4 pack of dorbz for SDCC. what are you hoping/think they'll be?

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:08 pm

michael wrote:

Overseas is the best alternative. :D
My Name is Ernie

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:58 pm

DonCaballero wrote:announced today there will be a MOTU 4 pack of dorbz for SDCC. what are you hoping/think they'll be?

I would love it if blood skeletor was part of the pack! Would also be nice if evil-lyn was in there.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:05 am

Kaljor wrote:
michael wrote:

I wish the Faker would show up overseas.

DonCaballero

Postby DonCaballero » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:12 pm

FredKruger wrote:
Kaljor wrote:
michael wrote:

they had it tentative in australia for beginning of may, so i preordered it and every ETA date that arrives it keeps getting pushed back. right now its ETA is late july. wont be surprised when it gets pushed back when that comes up.

Funko_Don

Postby Funko_Don » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:21 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:I agree that sometimes store exclusives can really try my patience when I want to collect certain lines. GOTG has been my favorite Marvel comic since I was like 9 and I love that the movie made them popular and opened doors for merchandising but on the other hand..both Funko and GOTG have gotten so popular I can't get a jumbo Groot because they keep getting snatched by flippers or even just other collectors who barely know what a "Groot" is. This can dampen my spirits a bit on occasion. I can definitely say this forum has helped with that though! More so than anyone or anything else.

I agree, it can be very trying, especially out here on the West Side in Phoenix. There are a lot more collectors out here now and trying to find exclusives and chases is really a hunt. I think that finding a chase or a hard-to-find exclusive makes you appreciate it all that much more though. When you see something that you thought you'd never get, that's the best feeling.
WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?!

ImageImageImageImage

Officerdorbz

Postby Officerdorbz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:32 pm

Orko, Ra Jar, Beast man and Jitsu would be nice
I also vote for more packs with Teela, Fisto, Adora, New adventure he man, King Hiss, King He man,Titus, Megator, etc.

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:44 pm

I want a 4 pack of Motu RIDEZ :-D
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:09 pm

DonCaballero wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
Kaljor wrote:

they had it tentative in australia for beginning of may, so i preordered it and every ETA date that arrives it keeps getting pushed back. right now its ETA is late july. wont be surprised when it gets pushed back when that comes up.

Arghhh! I've been going to 3-5 Walmarts all over CO every week for a good 3 months and nothing. Hope it shows soon, thanks for info.

Pavehawk78

Postby Pavehawk78 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:56 am

No comments on Beast Man or Moss Man? I personally love them and MOTU is fast becoming my favorite Dorbz line.

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:24 am

Pavehawk78 wrote:No comments on Beast Man or Moss Man? I personally love them and MOTU is fast becoming my favorite Dorbz line.

I agree. I can't wait for these to show up at my door. I'm lovin all the MOTU dorbz.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

michael

Postby michael » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:03 pm

I am digging the Dorbz too. I grabbed Beast + Moss Man and the last 3 pack; really cool looking. I also have He-Man w/Battle Cat and She-Ra -- but I'm frustrated I wasn't able to get Faker.
North Jersey

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:36 pm

michael wrote:I am digging the Dorbz too. I grabbed Beast + Moss Man and the last 3 pack; really cool looking. I also have He-Man w/Battle Cat and She-Ra -- but I'm frustrated I wasn't able to get Faker.

Its amazing to me how difficult he was to acquire. I bought mine off eBay for $25 back when it first released.
He is probably the hardest dorbz to find. But he is also one of the best made.

Top ISO
1. Apollo Freddy 2. 18" Retro Freddy Skeletor 3. Retro Freddy Skeletor

Instagram : JsinLegacy

Team BACON

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:42 pm

michael wrote:I am digging the Dorbz too. I grabbed Beast + Moss Man and the last 3 pack; really cool looking. I also have He-Man w/Battle Cat and She-Ra -- but I'm frustrated I wasn't able to get Faker.

Talk about lucky. I'm very jealous.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

dorbz

Postby dorbz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:05 pm

Only a few of the main characters missing... Stratos, Zodac, King Randor maybe?

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:12 pm

dorbz wrote:Only a few of the main characters missing... Stratos, Zodac, King Randor maybe?

Dude. Teela, Evil-Lyn and Sorceress! Ram-Man and Tri-klops and Man-E-Faces!! And if there is a King Randor I want a 2 pack with a Queen Marlena!
Hi, I'm Merri!

dorbz

Postby dorbz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:22 pm

You´re probably right. Funko seems to have a strange affection to Spikor and Scare-Glow but missed Teela, Stratos and Zodac from the original 8-back. Nothing against Scare-Glow but he didn´t even appear in the Filmation cartoons. =D>

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:25 pm

dorbz wrote:You´re probably right. Funko seems to have a strange affection to Spikor and Scare-Glow but missed Teela, Stratos and Zodac from the original 8-back. Nothing against Scare-Glow but he didn´t even appear in the Filmation cartoons. =D>

Yeah those 2 were a bit confusing for me since I was all about the cartoon as a kid and I didn't remember them at all. Still feel like I need to do a He-Man and She-ra re-watch since I KNOW I missed a bunch of episodes growing up since we didn't have DVRs to rely on then :)
Hi, I'm Merri!

dorbz

Postby dorbz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:44 pm

Since you mention the cartoon, do you know about Mattels "Club Grayskull" (aka "Filmation") figures?

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:51 pm

I actually found two Fakers about a month or so before anyone else found one. I passed them on to a couple people thinking I wouldn't have a problem finding one later. I figured if I didn't find one in store, I'd find one on-line or on FPI or something.

Months later and I'm still waiting on finding one. :(
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:52 pm

synergy56 wrote:
dorbz wrote:Only a few of the main characters missing... Stratos, Zodac, King Randor maybe?

Dude. Teela, Evil-Lyn and Sorceress! Ram-Man and Tri-klops and Man-E-Faces!! And if there is a King Randor I want a 2 pack with a Queen Marlena!

I was thinking the same thing, only you missed a scented Stinkor Dorbz.
www.8-BitHero.com

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:54 pm

dorbz wrote:Since you mention the cartoon, do you know about Mattels "Club Grayskull" (aka "Filmation") figures?

I do and I have a friend that started collecting them...I decided to stick with Funko instead - I only have so much room :)
Hi, I'm Merri!

dorbz

Postby dorbz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:59 pm

groundhog7s wrote:I actually found two Fakers about a month or so before anyone else found one. I passed them on to a couple people thinking I wouldn't have a problem finding one later. I figured if I didn't find one in store, I'd find one on-line or on FPI or something.

Months later and I'm still waiting on finding one. :(

It´s not vaulted yet or is it?

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:00 pm

They don't vault exclusives.

I would still like to know what happened with the low quantity of Faker. Even the harder to find exclusives seem to be more plentiful than him.
www.8-BitHero.com

dorbz

Postby dorbz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:03 pm

He might just reappear at some point then. Like She-Ra.

Return to “Dorbz”