NYCC 2016 Dorbz Discussion Thread

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
ocwankenobi

Re: NYCC 2016 Dorbz Discussion Thread

Postby ocwankenobi » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:26 pm

edition size for the cereal three pack ? it says limited but I am curious if you pros know just how hard it will be to get a non-declared limited item with popular characters with some history with funko. thanks for any input.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:10 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:edition size for the cereal three pack ? it says limited but I am curious if you pros know just how hard it will be to get a non-declared limited item with popular characters with some history with funko. thanks for any input.

Toy Tokyo is not a huge chain of stores, it's just a single shop and as such you wouldn't expect them to order 10k or more of an exclusive. It's just a guess but I'm thinking the TT unnumbered exclusives are probably runs of 5k or less. How hard or easy they will be is unpredictable. I would imagine it would be similar to the GoT SDCC Dorbz 3 pack, that one was pretty popular and sold out relatively quickly. My advice would be to expect them to sell out quickly once they're posted, and plan accordingly. Watch TT's FB page and IG feed, they'll usually post something a few days before they go live on their site. Be ready to pounce as soon as they do. I did that to snag the chrome SDCC Batmobile, and I did, but it was still up hours later so you never know. Sometimes stuff sells out in minutes and sometimes it sits on their site a while.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:36 pm

treswright wrote:
Toy Tokyo is not a huge chain of stores, it's just a single shop and as such you wouldn't expect them to order 10k or more of an exclusive. It's just a guess but I'm thinking the TT unnumbered exclusives are probably runs of 5k or less. How hard or easy they will be is unpredictable. I would imagine it would be similar to the GoT SDCC Dorbz 3 pack, that one was pretty popular and sold out relatively quickly. My advice would be to expect them to sell out quickly once they're posted, and plan accordingly. Watch TT's FB page and IG feed, they'll usually post something a few days before they go live on their site. Be ready to pounce as soon as they do. I did that to snag the chrome SDCC Batmobile, and I did, but it was still up hours later so you never know. Sometimes stuff sells out in minutes and sometimes it sits on their site a while.

thank you for the info sir.
:freddy2:
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby CAHRULL » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:51 pm

treswright wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:edition size for the cereal three pack ? it says limited but I am curious if you pros know just how hard it will be to get a non-declared limited item with popular characters with some history with funko. thanks for any input.

Thanks for reminding me - I meant to follow their FB page and had forgotten until I saw your post. lol
Hi, I'm Alex! IG: @CAHRULL_AZ

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:48 am

Good thing I don't collect the cereal monsters otherwise my wallet would be hurting. Freddy NYC and X-Men is on my want list though.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:55 am

Ugh - just saw the TT exclusives for NYCC. I NEED. I have a feeling my wallet is going to hate me this month when these hit fleabay.
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:30 pm

treswright wrote:

Thanks for the info! I was wondering what the best way to get the toy Tokyo exclusives would be

emk194

Postby emk194 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:06 pm

Saw this on IG. Might be helpful.

Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:58 pm

Why are so many Pops shared exclusives, but not as many Dorbz?

I thought for certain Penelope Pitstop would be shared with that edition size.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

emk194

Postby emk194 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:13 pm

groundhog7s wrote:Why are so many Pops shared exclusives, but not as many Dorbz?

I thought for certain Penelope Pitstop would be shared with that edition size.

That chart is based on rumours, so we won't have a definitive list until the 6th when Funko announces where we'll be able to find the exclusives.
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

DonCaballero

Postby DonCaballero » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:43 am

How much do you guys think the dorbz thanos will be going on eBay for when it comes out. Just curious how much I should save for this

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:03 pm

DonCaballero wrote:How much do you guys think the dorbz thanos will be going on eBay for when it comes out. Just curious how much I should save for this

I'm thinking $175. I estimated it's value based on initial cost of $25, edition size of only 500, amount of vinyl included in the manufacturing, adjusted for cuteness, averaged values of other LE 500 items, considered fluctuation of estimated value during the holiday season, and settled on a number that I believe would be fair. $175 for a box with minor damage. $200 for a perfect box (which is hard to get from a con)

Just found ONE with a BUY it now of $80. Which according to my calculations is a STEAL. (unless he realizes the value after he buys it, states he was not able to get the item, cancels the order, and realists it for $200.)
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:41 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:
DonCaballero wrote:How much do you guys think the dorbz thanos will be going on eBay for when it comes out. Just curious how much I should save for this

I'm thinking $175. I estimated it's value based on initial cost of $25, edition size of only 500, amount of vinyl included in the manufacturing, adjusted for cuteness, averaged values of other LE 500 items, considered fluctuation of estimated value during the holiday season, and settled on a number that I believe would be fair. $175 for a box with minor damage. $200 for a perfect box (which is hard to get from a con)

Just found ONE with a BUY it now of $80. Which according to my calculations is a STEAL. (unless he realizes the value after he buys it, states he was not able to get the item, cancels the order, and realists it for $200.)

lol I'm guessing it'll be in the $75-100 range when all is said and done.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:06 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Vinyl4Blood wrote:

lol I'm guessing it'll be in the $75-100 range when all is said and done.

Oh sure, but did you use the same validated quantifiers that I used? I mean... my methods were pretty scientific. lol
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:10 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:
Oh sure, but did you use the same validated quantifiers that I used? I mean... my methods were pretty scientific. lol

I didn't adjust for cuteness so your estimate is probably closer ;)

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:18 am

Just a heads up, but the FYE exclusives will be online only. Thanks to Alex (CAHRULL) for the tip!

https://twitter.com/officialfye/status/ ... 8717443072

emk194

Postby emk194 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:30 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:Just a heads up, but the FYE exclusives will be online only. Thanks to Alex (CAHRULL) for the tip!

https://twitter.com/officialfye/status/ ... 8717443072

Ah, crap. Of course they don't ship to Canada. ](*,) I need the Chef Deadpool Pop.
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:57 pm

emk194 wrote:Ah, crap. Of course they don't ship to Canada. ](*,) I need the Chef Deadpool Pop.

Do you have someone that can help you out?
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

emk194

Postby emk194 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:09 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
emk194 wrote:Ah, crap. Of course they don't ship to Canada. ](*,) I need the Chef Deadpool Pop.

Not yet. To be honest, I haven't asked around yet either. Any help would be appreciated!
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:31 pm

emk194 wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:

Not yet. To be honest, I haven't asked around yet either. Any help would be appreciated!

Ok. I wasn't planning on ordering from FYE but if you need help, maybe just PM or email me what I need to do. Like with specific dates and times and stuff lol I can't make promises because I'm not sure if things will sell out in an instant, but can at least try to help :-)
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

vegasbaby98

Postby vegasbaby98 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:37 pm

Our new puppy is named Thanos. :)
If someone could help me get that Dorbz Thanos from NYCC I would be very very grateful. PayPal ready...
Rose

Funko collector since 2010
First FDO - FDO8 Baltimore

Funko items in our collection - too many to count! Favorite series - Star Wars!
ImageImage

goheels0509

Postby goheels0509 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:36 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:

I bought Thanos "buy it now" on eBay a few days ago for $80. Hopefully it works out. Myself and the seller exchanged several messages prior to me buying because my biggest concern was he'd cancel my purchase and relist it after release. He/She assured me that wouldn't happen. Fingers crossed. [-o<

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:09 am

I hope Mohawk Storm isn't at BoxLunch, or my chances of getting her just plummeted. Granted, I won't have enough money for her if she's even in stores tomorrow, but still, I hope I can get here...eventually.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

DonCaballero

Postby DonCaballero » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:33 pm

goheels0509 wrote:
Vinyl4Blood wrote:

I bought Thanos "buy it now" on eBay a few days ago for $80. Hopefully it works out. Myself and the seller exchanged several messages prior to me buying because my biggest concern was he'd cancel my purchase and relist it after release. He/She assured me that wouldn't happen. Fingers crossed. [-o<

yeah when i posted my original comment i just gave in and bought one for $80 right away. the guy had a great rating and seems legit. already set up a tracking info for me and its just waiting to ship when he gets it. im happy with spending $80 for it, thanos is my favorite villain so it was a must have.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:14 am

Storm sold out in 3 minutes. :eek:

Why bother doing a shared exclusive if you're only going to send the store 8 of em?

May as well had been numbered. ](*,)
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:32 am

PopGoestheJess wrote:Storm sold out in 3 minutes. :eek:

Why bother doing a shared exclusive if you're only going to send the store 8 of em?

Yeah I don't understand how most stores get plenty of their shared exclusives to go around except for them.... here's hoping FP gets her in!
Kristen

TanyaTate

Postby TanyaTate » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:56 am

I missed Storm! Was able to get Harley, Deadshot & Juggernaut so far. but that was the easy stuff. Getting Hanna Barbera, Thanos and Monster Cereals is going to be tough.
WANTED: Hanna Barbara Huckleberry Hound POP Dark Purple, Light Purple, Orange, Red, Pink, Green and Dorbz Purple, Orange
My Youtube Channel

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:09 am

PopGoestheJess wrote:Storm sold out in 3 minutes. :eek:

Storm did go live again later in the middle of the night so you never know she may pop back up!

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:13 am

Got Deadshot. Missed Juggernaut.

Went to GS on lunch break to see if it was too late to preorder Moana Ridez. Deadline has passed. A request was sent to the warehouse for one but no guarantees.

I am annoyed today. Super annoyed. Grrrrr!!!!
Team Dorbz 4 Life

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:50 am

Was able to nab Storm from Gemini this AM after missing her last night.

And broke down and bought the Cereal trio and Count ride on eBay but I guess paying a seller on eBay is still less of a hassle than dealing with TT ;) I just HAD to have them.

Now....that Yogi Bear set...........
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:52 am

only ones i want really bad are quigon and scott pilgrim.... but i doubt either are gonna happen. Congrats to those that get em...especially at actual cost!
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

funkolife

Postby funkolife » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:36 pm

Did anyone got the XL Thanos from Funko-Shop?

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:40 pm

I grabbed him! #Thanos

ImageImage

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:45 pm

So far I've acquired Thanos, Harley, Deadshot, Storm, and Juggernaut. I must say I'm pretty excited!

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:45 pm

And missed Thanos. I have fabulous luck.

[ ] << This close to giving up on Funko.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:46 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:So far I've acquired Thanos, Harley, Deadshot, Storm, and Juggernaut. I must say I'm pretty excited!

Hopefully you get Freddy and can round out the NYCC swag!
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:53 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:Hopefully you get Freddy and can round out the NYCC swag!

Don't forget about Cereal Monsters :D

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:55 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:So far I've acquired Thanos, Harley, Deadshot, Storm, and Juggernaut. I must say I'm pretty excited!

Nice!!!

ImageImage

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:18 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:Hopefully you get Freddy and can round out the NYCC swag!

Don't forget about Cereal Monsters :D

Oh yeah... and the Chocula Ridez.... [-o<
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:20 pm

Jealous of that Storm! that's the only one I haven't been able to get yet....
Kristen

Return to “Dorbz”