NYCC 2016 Dorbz Discussion Thread

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
DonCaballero

Re: NYCC 2016 Dorbz Discussion Thread

Postby DonCaballero » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:09 pm

Missed out on juggernaut :(

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:41 pm

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) In case you haven't read my 1000000 other mentionings of it, I am Thanos-less. And also a little sad. (But still pretty happy just looking at Lockheed)
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

goheels0509

Postby goheels0509 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:13 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) In case you haven't read my 1000000 other mentionings of it, I am Thanos-less. And also a little sad. (But still pretty happy just looking at Lockheed)

I broke down a bought him off eBay. Was a little leery about it but was contacted by the seller today saying he was able to snag 2 of them and he'd ship mine on Monday.

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:45 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) In case you haven't read my 1000000 other mentionings of it, I am Thanos-less. And also a little sad. (But still pretty happy just looking at Lockheed)

Forbidden Planet is putting up their stuff at some point tomorrow,they might have some.....
Kristen

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:09 pm

Im debating whether or not to pull the ebay trigger on the monster 3 pack

Im thinking if they do give us a dorbz ride at fright night I might be able to use that as trade bait since I dont collect the ride, but if that isnt bait enough :-k
- tauntaunking on instagram

funkolife

Postby funkolife » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:17 pm

Got my I heart Freddy dorbz on Funko-Shop

funkolife

Postby funkolife » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:18 pm

jenikinz

Postby jenikinz » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:43 pm

Got him, he is really cute! This will be my first Freddy.
Now if I can get the Penelope, and Chocula ridez, as well as the cereal 3 pack, I would be thrilled!!
:smt061 Jen

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:48 pm

jenikinz wrote:Got him, he is really cute! This will be my first Freddy.
Now if I can get the Penelope, and Chocula ridez, as well as the cereal 3 pack, I would be thrilled!!

Congratulations on your first Freddy score Jen!
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

Chelle_p0p

Postby Chelle_p0p » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi I'm new to the site but wanted to let you guys know there is a dorbz yogi bear triple pack still available on forbidden planet website.

Good luck!

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Chelle_p0p wrote:Hi I'm new to the site but wanted to let you guys know there is a dorbz yogi bear triple pack still available on forbidden planet website.

Good luck!

Sigh that's awesome... I wish I could get on the site. :rolleyes:
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

jenikinz

Postby jenikinz » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:58 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:
jenikinz wrote:Got him, he is really cute! This will be my first Freddy.

Congratulations on your first Freddy score Jen!

Thanks, I can't wait until he arrives!
:smt061 Jen

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:07 pm

Nabbed the Yogi 3-pk on FPI! And the Freddy NYC on the shop. It's going to be like Christmas when this stuff starts arriving!
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:14 pm

I bought Harley from HT yesterday morning, one of my top wants from NYCC. It was the only one they had, so it's a good thing I got there when I did. She looks great!

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:39 pm

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/dorbz- ... orm-mohawk.

I just got Storm and Juggernaut from FP. They still have some. :bounce:
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:50 pm

Day 2.....I haven't slept much....every time I try I can see his little purple smile.....madness is descending upon me....
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Dang congrats on those that got the dorbz!

Funko shop sold out quick, and my orders couldn't even process for fpi. I had them in my cart and couldn't check out

vegasbaby98

Postby vegasbaby98 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:58 pm

I feel your pain Julian. :(
I really wanted Thanos too (we named our puppy after him). But missed another shop item again with that one.
Rose

Funko collector since 2010
First FDO - FDO8 Baltimore

Funko items in our collection - too many to count! Favorite series - Star Wars!
ImageImage

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:04 pm

vegasbaby98 wrote:

I feel your pain Julian. :(
I really wanted Thanos too (we named our puppy after him). But missed another shop item again with that one.

I forgot about that. :( :( :( Bummer.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:12 pm

a99kitten wrote:Nabbed the Yogi 3-pk on FPI! And the Freddy NYC on the shop. It's going to be like Christmas when this stuff starts arriving!

Awesome! Glad you made it through on FPI!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:47 pm

a99kitten wrote:Nabbed the Yogi 3-pk on FPI! And the Freddy NYC on the shop. It's going to be like Christmas when this stuff starts arriving!

You are very fortunate! A lot of us couldn't even get the FP site to load lol Congrats on your great haul!

I was very pleased to be able to snag a Freddy Dorbz for myself. He was my number one want of all of the NYCC exclusives!!

...and now the waiting begins with fingers crossed that I get no cancellation emails from anybody :D
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:09 pm

Couldn't get through on FP today until anything I wanted was gone. Was on Box Lunch as soon as things went live and couldn't get Storm before she sold out. Tried yesterday and today to get Thanos and Freddy from the shop but never could checkout (even though I started trying as soon as they went live and kept trying until they sold out). Was checking prices on the cereal monsters on eBay today and caught a Chocula Ridez that was just listed for $30, but then the buyer cancelled the sale saying they meant it to be an auction not a Buy It Now.

I'm officially going on record to say this is the worst convention I've never attended.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:53 pm

I don't think I've seen anything sell on the shop as fast as that Thanos. I was on top of it refreshing the page every 30 seconds or so. As soon as it showed up I tried to add it to my cart and got the sold out message, I thought "that can't be right" and assumed they must have screwed something up in the cart system and were probably correcting it. Kept trying to add it, kept getting the message. Then I saw people posting that they got one, wow. I was amazed that it apparently sold out in something like 30 seconds to a minute, that has to be a new record! Luckily it's not the grail to me that it is to poor ol' Julian!

HOWEVER, the Freddy Dorbz was on my top 3 list of NYCC needs (not wants, I said NEEDS! :-D ) I spent 10 minutes refreshing the shop every 5 to 10 seconds, at least I learned my lesson! And it paid off, I got it! I am still super stoked about landing that one! The other two of my top 3 were Indy's Ride and taxi Freddy which I also had good timing on, so I am thrilled my top 3 slots are filled :-D
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Reaaaallllly hope I can get Mohawk Storm later...not the end of the world if I can't, but she's the only Dorbz I'm dying for right now. Love her look!!
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

goheels0509

Postby goheels0509 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:28 pm

Just curious if anyone that ordered NYCC items from FYE has received shipping notifications yet? I ordered the Juggernaut Dorbz and haven't received anything yet.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:53 pm

goheels0509 wrote:Just curious if anyone that ordered NYCC items from FYE has received shipping notifications yet? I ordered the Juggernaut Dorbz and haven't received anything yet.

I made 2 separate orders and have only received one shipping confirmation (iZombie POP). FYE is normally pretty bad about notifying you so I'm sure your order is already on its way.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

goheels0509

Postby goheels0509 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:22 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
goheels0509 wrote:Just curious if anyone that ordered NYCC items from FYE has received shipping notifications yet? I ordered the Juggernaut Dorbz and haven't received anything yet.

I made 2 separate orders and have only received one shipping confirmation (iZombie POP). FYE is normally pretty bad about notifying you so I'm sure your order is already on its way.

Thank you. Hopefully you are right and it's on it's way. Was concerned it was going to be cancelled. Bought Thanos on eBay for $80, the seller cancelled and relisted it $125. ](*,)

clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:27 pm

goheels0509 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

Thank you. Hopefully you are right and it's on it's way. Was concerned it was going to be cancelled. Bought Thanos on eBay for $80, the seller cancelled and relisted it $125. ](*,)

Freakin' FYE. Worst customer service ever...assuming you can ever get a hold of anyone to speak with. But, enough about my personal demons and FYE. As Señor CaseyJones mentioned, they are pretty much dog mess when it comes to communication and shipping notification. This is from the email I received as confirmation:

The delivery date for each item is the shipping option you chose at checkout + our processing time (1-2 business days)Standard delivery should arrive in 1-3 weeks. It is by Media Mail and no tracking number is available.Expedited delivery should arrive in 4-7 business days.Rush delivery should arrive in 2-4 business days.

So basically, unless you ponied up for the super fast shipping shenanigans, keep your fingers crossed for a package to show up in a couple weeks.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

goheels0509

Postby goheels0509 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:55 pm

clashcityrocker33 wrote:
goheels0509 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

Freakin' FYE. Worst customer service ever...assuming you can ever get a hold of anyone to speak with. But, enough about my personal demons and FYE. As Señor CaseyJones mentioned, they are pretty much dog mess when it comes to communication and shipping notification. This is from the email I received as confirmation:

The delivery date for each item is the shipping option you chose at checkout + our processing time (1-2 business days)Standard delivery should arrive in 1-3 weeks. It is by Media Mail and no tracking number is available.Expedited delivery should arrive in 4-7 business days.Rush delivery should arrive in 2-4 business days.

So basically, unless you ponied up for the super fast shipping shenanigans, keep your fingers crossed for a package to show up in a couple weeks.

I got that in the email when I got my order confirmation. In this day and age how the heck can it take 3 weeks to deliver something? Is it being delivered by bicycle? Guess I should have paid the extra money.

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:02 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:

Thank you and thanks everyone for the heads up! I placed an order with them but haven't heard back so was getting worried... but I guess it's normal for fye to not send notifications...

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:47 am

I made 2 seperate orders and received 2 order confirmations instantly if that's what you guys were referring to. It just mentions 1-2 business days to process and 1-3 weeks to deliver based on standard shipping. You would think a large company like FYE would have set up a business account with UPS or Fed Ex to get their products out. That's a ridiculously long wait time unless all their warehouses are overseas.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

goheels0509

Postby goheels0509 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:32 am

Flex Luthor wrote:I made 2 seperate orders and received 2 order confirmations instantly if that's what you guys were referring to. It just mentions 1-2 business days to process and 1-3 weeks to deliver based on standard shipping. You would think a large company like FYE would have set up a business account with UPS or Fed Ex to get their products out. That's a ridiculously long wait time unless all their warehouses are overseas.

Yea I got the order confirmation instantly. Just nothing since then. And I completely agree about having a business account. Fingers crossed a package shows up in the next couple of weeks.

goheels0509

Postby goheels0509 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:03 am

Just got a shipping notification from FYE. So check your email today.

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:07 am

I only got shipping notification of my Liv, not the Dorbz, but in the past I've never ponied up for extra fast shipping and it usually arrives within a week or so. I don't know why there is no tracking since it's free anymore!
Kristen

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:23 am

I have a dream that someday, I'll own the Mohawk Storm Dorbz.....someday...
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

TheNeck

Postby TheNeck » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:46 am

goheels0509 wrote:Just got a shipping notification from FYE. So check your email today.

from your order yesterday, or from a prior order(like last week)?
Jezter wrote:I have a dream that someday, I'll own the Mohawk Storm Dorbz.....someday...

if my order from last week every ships from BL, i might have an extra storm dorbz you can have at cost+shipping. ;) im starting to worry since my BL order since it still hasn't shipped, that they will cancel my order. :(
Call me Roger(Rog) https://www.instagram.com/thenecks_funkos/
Funklub #4453
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

goheels0509

Postby goheels0509 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:22 am

TheNeck wrote:
goheels0509 wrote:Just got a shipping notification from FYE. So check your email today.

from your order yesterday, or from a prior order(like last week)?
Jezter wrote:I have a dream that someday, I'll own the Mohawk Storm Dorbz.....someday...

if my order from last week every ships from BL, i might have an extra storm dorbz you can have at cost+shipping. ;) im starting to worry since my BL order since it still hasn't shipped, that they will cancel my order. :(

I ordered Juggernaut last week when it went live on the FYE website.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:21 pm

RBlue30 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

Thank you and thanks everyone for the heads up! I placed an order with them but haven't heard back so was getting worried... but I guess it's normal for fye to not send notifications...

I was getting worried as well, so I looked at my order confirmation email and it states 1-3 week delivery time with no tracking on standard delivery (not sure how they use media mail on toys..). I'm assuming this means no ship notice either, so I continue to be patient....ish.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

emk194

Postby emk194 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:32 pm

First time ordering from FYE, so now you guys are making me nervous. Hopefully they eventually show up.
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:38 pm

I got all the dorbz I wanted, NYCC killed it. A local got an extra storm for me, I was able to get juggy from the booth, got Thanos from an amazing funatic, and my freddy dorbz from the help of funatics. Love the community.

Would've been cool for the cereal monster set, but they were more of a like than a need.
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

Return to “Dorbz”