GameStop Dorbz Update

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

GameStop Dorbz Update

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:22 pm

I was finally able to speak with the regular manager at my local GameStop today and sort out what the hell was going on with their Dorbz situation. He had expected that their Dorbz inventory would have been built up a bit more once the Think Geek merger was complete, but is taking longer than he thought to get to that point.

That being said, he also set the record straight on the four upcoming Dorbz exclusives for GameStop.

- Doctor Strange: Astral Doc Strange
- Arrow: Malcolm Merlyn
- The Flash: Reverse Flash
- Jason: Unmasked

Evidently all three of these are set to be released on November 25th as part of their Black Friday shenanigans, which would explain why I can freakin' preorder them. He is not sure of any more details (how many each store will get in, if they are specific LE, etc.) but if I find anything else out I will add it to this thread.

If anyone has any further info or finds anything contrary to what I said, please let us know.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Re: GameStop Dorbz Update

Postby Kitzka » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:23 pm

Thanks Beau. My local store didn't know much. Just that I couldn't preorder astral dr strange. Hoping he won't be hard to get and that everyone gets what they are hoping to get.

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:55 pm

Ugh really? Black friday dorbz? Thanks for doing the footwork Beau, will keep an eye out for any more info.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:07 am

I heard November too but no exact date. I hate Black Friday shopping
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:45 am

I was just asking the manager at one of my local GameStops about those Dorbz. He didn't know why he couldn't pre-order them for me. I hate Black Friday, too. My husband loves it. Last year he went out by himself and I was home sick and in bed. It looks like I'll have to brave the craziness with him this year if I want Dorbz.

Thanks for the info!
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:30 am

Not gonna even try going out on Black Friday, but I NEED that Jason Dorbz, so hopefully he's not impossible to find afterwards.

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:41 am

Need all of them "/

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:47 am

well, since i will be working overnight on thanksgiving i will already be awake, and just leaving work as everyone is opening the stores.
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:09 am

clashcityrocker33 wrote:I was finally able to speak with the regular manager at my local GameStop today and sort out what the hell was going on with their Dorbz situation. He had expected that their Dorbz inventory would have been built up a bit more once the Think Geek merger was complete, but is taking longer than he thought to get to that point.

That being said, he also set the record straight on the four upcoming Dorbz exclusives for GameStop.

Evidently all three of these are set to be released on November 25th as part of their Black Friday shenanigans.

Lol. You listed 4.

GS is full of poo. I have Reverse Flash preordered (and Merlyn). I wonder if changing them to BF items was a last minute thing.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:16 am

It does sound like they changed things to be Black Friday. I actually have Jason on preorder somehow.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

clashcityrocker33

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:32 am

You are correct in that at one time, however briefly, they were available for preorder. Even the most current list of preorders/upcoming items shows Jason available for preorder. At this time though they are all being held back for Black Friday release as of now.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:34 am

Thanks for the heads up! My wife is a hardcore Black Friday shopper so I'll be sure to tell her to hit up GameStop first :D
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:44 pm

Thanks for the info Beau!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:10 am

Thanks for the info. My GS also said Blk Friday. Not really trying to go there then, so I'm going the day after.
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:24 am

GameStop was super easy around here last Black Friday. I stopped there around 7am on my way to work (old director did not believe in closing office on that day) and they had a mountain of the Mystery Boxes and hardly a soul in the store. Hopefully this year will be similar for you Dorbz peeps!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:26 pm

Black Friday was pretty cool in my area also. I have 4 different GameStops around where I live and work. So I hope its easy peasy this year too. Need them Dorbz. Thank you for doing the leg work Beau and the update :)
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie *Funko Fiends Secretary/Treasurer* June 2017 COTM
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:48 pm

I plan on going to GameStop first thing again this year. Gotta get my DC Dorbz, hopefully it's not a blind box deal.0
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

babasdada

Postby babasdada » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:45 pm

clashcityrocker33 wrote:You are correct in that at one time, however briefly, they were available for preorder. Even the most current list of preorders/upcoming items shows Jason available for preorder. At this time though they are all being held back for Black Friday release as of now.

So my GS employees were just dumb to let me pre-order? HAHA. I pre-ordered Jason UM. But will definitely need that reverse flash dorbz...
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:09 pm

Last year my daughter was working at HT for Black Friday, this year she isn't but I will probably hit up the local mall and will try my luck at GS.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:47 am

I think my closest GS is getting out of the Dorbz business. They removed their Dorbz section and put the one remaining Dorb they had left in that section, a Catwoman, in a section of random clearance stuff. However, they do still have two SDCC 3-packs left, one of each, sitting by the counter. Interestingly enough, they didn't have any of the Batman 3-pack left when I went there the morning they went up for sale. Either they got a restock (unlikely), or someone returned it.

babasdada

Postby babasdada » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:56 pm

HaloHawk87 wrote:I think my closest GS is getting out of the Dorbz business. They removed their Dorbz section and put the one remaining Dorb they had left in that section, a Catwoman, in a section of random clearance stuff. However, they do still have two SDCC 3-packs left, one of each, sitting by the counter. Interestingly enough, they didn't have any of the Batman 3-pack left when I went there the morning they went up for sale. Either they got a restock (unlikely), or someone returned it.

To think I was concerned about getting these dorbz 3 packs LOL
Joe from NYC
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:29 pm

The GameStop's in my are still have the SDCC packs available also, they keep them on the shelves on the sales floor. Not even behind the counter :( so the Boxes don't look new and shiny and more.
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie *Funko Fiends Secretary/Treasurer* June 2017 COTM
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:36 pm

babasdada wrote:
HaloHawk87 wrote:I think my closest GS is getting out of the Dorbz business. They removed their Dorbz section and put the one remaining Dorb they had left in that section, a Catwoman, in a section of random clearance stuff. However, they do still have two SDCC 3-packs left, one of each, sitting by the counter. Interestingly enough, they didn't have any of the Batman 3-pack left when I went there the morning they went up for sale. Either they got a restock (unlikely), or someone returned it.

To think I was concerned about getting these dorbz 3 packs LOL

Agreed. They've even been on sale online.
www.8-BitHero.com

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:53 pm

Not super-thrilled to hear that Doctor Strange is a Black Friday thing. It hasn't been difficult to find GS exclusives around me (I picked up choke-slam Vader, yesterday).

I just don't want to have to fight the crowds.
Funklub: 11181

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:26 pm

Squird wrote:Not super-thrilled to hear that Doctor Strange is a Black Friday thing. It hasn't been difficult to find GS exclusives around me (I picked up choke-slam Vader, yesterday).

I just don't want to have to fight the crowds.

I think it depends on if your Gamestops are in the mall or in a busy strip mall or not... last year I went to 2 different ones before work to get the mystery boxes and I think there was only 1 other person in each one
Kristen

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:08 pm

I was at my other local GS the other day and they too had removed their Dorbz section. In fact they didn't have a single Dorb in the entire store. :(

dubbelaar

Postby dubbelaar » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:59 am

Wow.There is a lot of cool gamestop exclusives Dorbz coming out soon .I will have to go to the mall by my house.And see if they are taking pre orders on any of them yet

Cwoobs

Postby Cwoobs » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:15 pm

dubbelaar wrote:Wow.There is a lot of cool gamestop exclusives Dorbz coming out soon .I will have to go to the mall by my house.And see if they are taking pre orders on any of them yet

Actually I was just out the other day and there are quite a few you are able to pre order now.

I got a list just yesterday and I think if I remember correctly, the only ones I couldn't pre order were the Reverse flash and the Astral Dr. Strange dorbz. Which I was pretty bummed about. But it looks like the DC dorbz W/ Chase, Masters of the Universe W/ Chase, the Game Stop Exclusive Megaman, as well as the regular Megaman Dorbz W/ Chase are all available for Pre-Order now.

I have to go to my local shop and order the Megaman. When I joined these forums That was one of the first things I posted, and now they're actually going to be out. I'm so ecstatic!

But yeah there are a lot available, where as about maybe a week ago there was very little. Good luck!

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:29 pm

I saw the Malcolm Merlyn mentioned above as a bf thing. I got him 2 weeks ago at gamestop. And then at another gamestop I saw 2 more this last weekend. I guess no one in my area cares about dorbz, cool with me, I love the little guys. Also, picked up the sdcc x-men 3 pack.
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

emk194

Postby emk194 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:36 pm

It's like all of my local EB Games (like, all 7 of them) don't even bother getting Dorbz anymore. They all have maybe 2 or 3 of the Rainbow Batman (the anniversary ones) and the SDCC 3-packs. That's all.
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:58 pm

Just got Beast and Cap from GS for $2 each. No price stickers on anything. The Dorbz section there has a nice layer of dust on it. I'm surprised that GS still wants exclusives if they sell so poorly. :/
Last edited by PopGoestheJess on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:13 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:Just got Beast and Cap from GS for $2 each. No price stickers on anything. The Dorbz section their has a nice layer of dust on it. I'm surprised that GS still wants exclusives if they sell so poorly. :/

The problem that GS had was they ordered displays last year before Christmas with Pops and Dorbz that had already been out for several months mostly. They sat on the shelves (and still sit there some) because it was a combination of older Dorbz and GotG. After that, how stock got ordered changed to keep less stock of newer stuff. I'm seeing the same thing happen to other chains that are just starting to carry Dorbz, but are getting early Marvel, TMNT, Horror, etc. instead of new stock that no one has yet.
www.8-BitHero.com

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:07 pm

Gonna need to get my hands on the Astral and Reverse Flash Dorbz. I wonder what exclusives they have planned for next year.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

Princess

Postby Princess » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:46 am

Thanks Beau. I've just tried to find info on these for longer than I care to admit until I thought to try these boards. Should know by now to come here first.
signature created by bathtub-tigers

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:16 pm

I was wondering why my local GameStops had little to no Dorbz in stock. Even now I could barely find more than 5 Dorbz, or less, in stock. And they're in terrible shape box-wise.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

absyrd

Postby absyrd » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:22 pm

Just copped a second full set of GotG a few days ago. My buddy's kids are gonna love the tons of little presents to open on Christmas. My buddy might not be as happy that I am loading up under the tree. Perhaps I should just put them all in one big box.

It is sad that these prices make people think that Dorbz aren't either popular or quality products. This forum interest and Brian's statements contradict what the GS pricing shows on the first marvel wave, GotG, TMNT, etc. I hope Dorbz continue because I feel they are a superior product for the money even when they are around $7.99.
Fav Funko Item: Deadpool Super Deluxe Vinyl
First Dorbz: Cowboy Deadpool (MCC)
Latest Dorbz: Ghost Rider (Metallic)
Most Wanted Dorbz: Freddy, Freddy XL, and 18" Mega Deadpools! Obviously...

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:51 pm

Would these be out the Thursday before or actually wait until Black Friday? Weren't last year's mystery boxes out on Thursday? If they are, I might check in at GameStop when I go looking for Blu-rays at Walmart since it's in the same shopping center and I have to pass by GS to get to WM lol

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:53 pm

absyrd wrote:Just copped a second full set of GotG a few days ago. My buddy's kids are gonna love the tons of little presents to open on Christmas. My buddy might not be as happy that I am loading up under the tree. Perhaps I should just put them all in one big box.

It is sad that these prices make people think that Dorbz aren't either popular or quality products. This forum interest and Brian's statements contradict what the GS pricing shows on the first marvel wave, GotG, TMNT, etc. I hope Dorbz continue because I feel they are a superior product for the money even when they are around $7.99.

I think the biggest problem is that GameStop only has the super old clearance Dorbz. If they'd order the newer Dorbz I'm sure they'd fly off the shelves, but unfortunately that's not that case. Hopefully they figure it out and we start seeing more on the shelves!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

babasdada

Postby babasdada » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:50 pm

clashcityrocker33 wrote:I was finally able to speak with the regular manager at my local GameStop today and sort out what the hell was going on with their Dorbz situation. He had expected that their Dorbz inventory would have been built up a bit more once the Think Geek merger was complete, but is taking longer than he thought to get to that point.

Evidently all three of these are set to be released on November 25th as part of their Black Friday shenanigans, which would explain why I can freakin' preorder them. He is not sure of any more details (how many each store will get in, if they are specific LE, etc.) but if I find anything else out I will add it to this thread.

If anyone has any further info or finds anything contrary to what I said, please let us know.

My THINKGeek told me that all of the DC dorbz, Masters of the Universe and Xmen dorbz are due out on Black Friday..... Not sure if this is true and wondering if anyone can verify. I was able to pre-order the GameStop Exclusive Blue Lantern Flash, Emma Forst, Skelator and He-Man with the hopes they will give me priority when sorting out the chases as I am one of their top customers. I thought that it was odd all of these items would drop on this same release date.

Does anyone have any other info around the release of these items?
Joe from NYC

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:46 am

Was told 11/15 for X-men and January for Blue Lantern Flash.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

Return to “Dorbz”