Dorbz at Bed Bath and Beyond

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
PallMallnola 02

Re: Dorbz at Bed Bath and Beyond

Postby PallMallnola 02 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:47 am

i'm so glad that several of you have been able to find some like i did. It was pretty surreal just happening upon two chases at a store that i never would have thought carried funko products. No pops at mine yet (really want those xmen ones). did anybody else have funkko shirts at theirs?

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:51 am

Checked one in my area and didn't see the display.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

ShockWaveZ55

Postby ShockWaveZ55 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:37 pm

Checked my bbb and sure enough I found the display of dorbz sans chases though. I'm sure they had them since they had regular spidey and deadpool. Hope another collector was able to get them at least.
Hi there! I'm Eric
pop count: over 900 8-[

https://www.instagram.com/55puma55/

emk194

Postby emk194 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:26 pm

My local BBB had like maybe 30 Dorbz. 10 Deadpools, all of the Daredevil set, etc. Nothing particularly exciting.
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

Barryyyyy

Postby Barryyyyy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Checked my local store yesterday afternoon. No big display, just the Mystery Minis on a "stocking stuffer" display. Glad I found my Chase earlier out of town!
Hi! I'm Barry

Instagram: barryyyyy_mac

TheNeck

Postby TheNeck » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:14 pm

no dorbz yet at my BBB but they did have a few set of mystery minis though.
Call me Roger(Rog) https://www.instagram.com/thenecks_funkos/
Funklub #4453
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Getting such a large display in BB&B is another major achievement for Funko. WTG, B&Co =D>

I joined BB&B on the web (no fee) and am constantly getting coupons on line and in the mail for 20% off and $5 off $20 (?). I've never paid full price there. Check it out for Pop! and other stuff. Sometimes they accept 1 coupon per order, but mostly 1 coupon per item.

Craig here......

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:13 pm

I'm going to have to take a peak in mine sometime soon. I haven't seen any local chatter about it so I'm hoping no one has gotten to it yet.
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:00 pm

I checked my local BB&B and they only had 2 boxes of mystery minis, so I am hoping they will get them soon. BTW, I asked in employee and he actually knew what I was talking about :)
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:21 pm

dolphinax2 wrote:I checked my local BB&B and they only had 2 boxes of mystery minis, so I am hoping they will get them soon. BTW, I asked in employee and he actually knew what I was talking about :)

I wish this would happen more often.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:47 pm

dolphinax2 wrote:I checked my local BB&B and they only had 2 boxes of mystery minis...

Exact same story at my local BBBeyond.

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:48 am

Add me in to the chorus of finding them. I talked to a manager at my local store, and they just put them out yesterday. So some stores just may not have put them out! This is the same store I've checked three times in a week, and they had the mystery minis, but not the full display, til yesterday.

Also found out, this is a "test" line up for the store, so not all locations will be receiving them. I have five locations within thirty minutes of me, and my closest store is one of only two receiving the full set up in my area.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:44 am

allcutethings2 wrote:
Also found out, this is a "test" line up for the store, so not all locations will be receiving them. I have five locations within thirty minutes of me, and my closest store is one of only two receiving the full set up in my area.

Thanks for the information! Hopefully the "test" succeeds so they keep getting Dorbz and POPs!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

stacyinil

Postby stacyinil » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:51 am

I'll have to check my local BB&B this weekend, which means I get to visit Hot Topic too. I walk through BB&B to get to Hot Topic store in the mall.

Stacy in IL

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:59 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
allcutethings2 wrote:

Thanks for the information! Hopefully the "test" succeeds so they keep getting Dorbz and POPs!

For sure! I'd love to start buying my Dorbz here (I mean, 5.49 for new Dorbz?!? With the 5/15 coupon), and with less of the usual collector traffic, I could see it being easier to find newer items that usually get snapped up around here. And Pops at a discount too. They've had some Pops on their website for a couple years (but shipping!), and I've seen mystery minis (Frozen, Despicable Me) there before. But not dorbz!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:04 am

allcutethings2 wrote:
For sure! I'd love to start buying my Dorbz here (I mean, 5.49 for new Dorbz?!? With the 5/15 coupon), and with less of the usual collector traffic, I could see it being easier to find newer items that usually get snapped up around here. And Pops at a discount too. They've had some Pops on their website for a couple years (but shipping!), and I've seen mystery minis (Frozen, Despicable Me) there before. But not dorbz!

I love their coupons, but I read they may get rid of them :( (http://www.businessinsider.com/bed-bath ... ns-2016-10). I would definitely sign up for the yearly plan though since I shop their quite a bit. It's such a fun store! I also don't think employees would steal Chases since most of them probably have no idea what Funko is :D

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:15 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
allcutethings2 wrote:

I love their coupons, but I read they may get rid of them :( (http://www.businessinsider.com/bed-bath ... ns-2016-10). I would definitely sign up for the yearly plan though since I shop their quite a bit. It's such a fun store! I also don't think employees would steal Chases since most of them probably have no idea what Funko is :D

It would surprise me if they ended them permanently. A few years ago they stopped taking their expired coupons, and it backfired. The backlash was enough that they started taking expired ones again just months later. But, it's understandable!

I couldn't see myself paying to get a discount at BBB; I mean, 20% and free shipping isn't bad, I just don't buy enough to justify it. I think they'd lose a lot of the foot traffic they get for people shopping for smaller items (who end up buying more along the way).

I think the membership would work in those high end areas where people drop thousands without blinking in a single purchase. It'd work for those people who are in every week looking for something new. But their basic customer base is largely comprised of people shopping off wedding registries, or looking for something specific.

Raypunz

Postby Raypunz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:54 pm

Found a chase spidey today :-)

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

absyrd

Postby absyrd » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:13 pm

Raypunz wrote:Found a chase spidey today :-)

Nice. A few people have now. Makes me wonder what the case distribution was like considering I haven't heard of any of the other chases showing up.
Fav Funko Item: Deadpool Super Deluxe Vinyl
First Dorbz: Cowboy Deadpool (MCC)
Latest Dorbz: Ghost Rider (Metallic)
Most Wanted Dorbz: Freddy, Freddy XL, and 18" Mega Deadpools! Obviously...

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:16 pm

absyrd wrote:
Raypunz wrote:Found a chase spidey today :-)

Nice. A few people have now. Makes me wonder what the case distribution was like considering I haven't heard of any of the other chases showing up.

It seems like all the stores got the same stuff (Spider-Man, Deadpool, 4 Daredevil Dorbz, 3 Batman Villains). It looked like they probably ordered 12 of each so there would be 2 Chases at every store. That's just my guess though.

FarleyFour

Postby FarleyFour » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:33 pm

Just got back from my local BB&B and they said Funko products would be online not carrying them in stores. Can you say "Arghhhghhhh!"
:freddy3: collecting DC, Marvel, Star Wars, Disney and now Game of Thrones.

Thechuch316

Postby Thechuch316 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:14 pm

Great find
So Shines a good deed in a weary World!
:freddy2:

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:29 pm

I would of never thought to look there. Barnes and nobles and bed bath and beyond are right next to each other in my town, I’ll gave to take a look.
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:20 pm

I totally forgot about Bed Bath and Beyond. Haven't been in there in ages. I'll have to check their display out!
ImageImage
ImageImage

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:03 pm

SuMo wrote:I totally forgot about Bed Bath and Beyond. Haven't been in there in ages. I'll have to check their display out!

My wife went there the other day and I asked her to look. She said they had nothing but that could just be because she says I spend too much money on collectibles #-o

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:31 am

They don't really carry Funko stuff anymore. Someone resurrected a thread from 2016, which caused someone else to get too excited. ;)

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:17 am

Good catch on the bbb selling dorbz thanks for the heads up gonna have to go check it out
:freddy3:

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:43 am

I normally avoid that place like the plague, but I may have to stop in! I had know idea that they sold any Funko.
My name is Morgan. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna proto
@superfunkobros

Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:54 am

Gothamite wrote:They don't really carry Funko stuff anymore. Someone resurrected a thread from 2016, which caused someone else to get too excited. ;)

I didn't pay attention to the posting dates. But my wife was going there for something else so I asked her to check. I should have known if they still carried them we would see a lot more posts on like Facebook, Instagram etc.. :freddy3:

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:10 pm

gospeedracer wrote:
Gothamite wrote:They don't really carry Funko stuff anymore. Someone resurrected a thread from 2016, which caused someone else to get too excited. ;)

I didn't pay attention to the posting dates. But my wife was going there for something else so I asked her to check. I should have known if they still carried them we would see a lot more posts on like Facebook, Instagram etc.. :freddy3:

No worries, two people still posted about checking out stores even after my post. lol

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:37 pm

That is pretty cool. Bed Bath and Beyond jumping in on the funko awesomeness. They are really living up to Beyond in their name if they keep growing their funko collection.
Collecting since 2014

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:39 pm

We need some icons to go next to threads that are more than 1 year old. I really hope people aren't running as quick as they can to go to BB&B lol

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:50 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:We need some icons to go next to threads that are more than 1 year old. I really hope people aren't running as quick as they can to go to BB&B lol

That would would be helpful.
Collecting since 2014

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:57 pm

nascar246788 wrote:That is pretty cool. Bed Bath and Beyond jumping in on the funko awesomeness. They are really living up to Beyond in their name if they keep growing their funko collection.

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:25 pm

Well, I won't be making a stop after all! Hehe
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Dorbz”