Opinion on Dorbz Rides

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
AnthonyLou81

Opinion on Dorbz Rides

Postby AnthonyLou81 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:03 pm

It seems like a lot of people only want to buy pops. I honestly think all the new Dorbz Rides are some of the coolest products Funko has put out. I love the Banana Splits ones and the cereal monsters. Anyone else love these ridez?

clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

Re: Opinion on Dorbz Rides

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:05 pm

I think there is some dude name Tres (treswright ?) who may like them. I think some of the newer rides are amazing, like Moana and the upcoming Deadpool Van.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

AnthonyLou81

Postby AnthonyLou81 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:07 pm

I really can not wait to get the boo berry and frankenberry ridez

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:21 pm

The people who hate in Dorbz is really such a small amount of the collector community as a whole.

I think the dorbz ridez are fantastic. Definitely can't wait to finish the Cereal Ridez!
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:26 pm

I think I actually prefer the Dorbz Ridez to Pop Rides. They are really cute. I'm actually thinking about getting rid of my Deadpool Chimichanga Truck Pop Rides and buying the new Dorbz version. The SDCC Vanellope Dorbz Ridez is one of my favorite pieces in my collection.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:31 pm

Can't wait for the Deadpool Van. I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of variants too. I'm one of the other people that prefer Dorbz rides over pop rides. It has a great Dorbz to rides scale to it.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

Princess

Postby Princess » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:41 pm

I only have a couple of pop rides (Lola and the ww jet) but I'm slowly working my way to getting all the dorbz ridez. I think they look much better than the pop version. I also like the fact that they are smaller, but that's just a bonus. It's the look I really like. Personally I think that the Moana ridez is the most creative and different so far. The glittery/ glowy goodness of the mummy ridez is hard to beat as well...at least from the pics lol.

Don't speak to that Tres guy about ridez....he will have you buying the whole collection before you can blink! lol
signature created by bathtub-tigers

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:04 pm

I think we were all lied to when we heard the saying, "bigger is better". Dorbz Ridez are more compact and just plain cuter in my opinion. I initially wasn't going to collect them, but then I met Tres and it went all downhill right after that lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

AnthonyLou81

Postby AnthonyLou81 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:10 pm

I definitely prefer the dorbz ridez over pop rides. I really need the 2 banana splits ridez from sdcc this year to complete my set. Any of you all looking to get rid of them ... PM me

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:18 pm

So what I hear you all saying is you blame Tres for your Dorbz Ridez obsessions?

Tres, it'a all your fault! lol
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Princess

Postby Princess » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:30 pm

StarWarner wrote:So what I hear you all saying is you blame Tres for your Dorbz Ridez obsessions?

Tres, it'a all your fault! lol

I am most definately blaming Tres!! It is absolutely, positively ALL his fault lol. I tell him this with every new purchase lol.

I actually think Funko should pay him commission lol. The common denominator in people starting to collect ridez seems to be Tres....

He posts those awesome pics of his ridez collection, and then even after you have said you aren't going to collect them....he offers to help you with Fruit Brute. And that is where the slippery slope to collecting ridez began for me. Add in the encouragement and support along the way (think me saying...not sure if I should get it and him saying...well, I wouldn't want to persuade you but I think it's really awesome and it looks great) and yup...allllll his fault lol. *shakes fist at Tres while staring with love at my ridez* lol.

Note.....thank you Tres for all your help in getting dorbz and ridez I can't get here. You may be an enabler to my addiction but I'm very grateful :)
Last edited by Princess on Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emk194

Postby emk194 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:31 pm

I love Dorbz Ridez! Actually more than the Pop Rides. NEED that new Deadpool Dorbz Ridez!!!!!
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:36 pm

I love the Vanellope and Moana Dorbz Ridez. They're so cute.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:47 pm

Pop Ridez are too big for my tastes. They've done a great job with the Dorbz, no arms and feet to accommodate. Actually looks like the dorbz is driving the vehicle as opposed to standing in it.
Funklub: 11181

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:20 pm

Similar sentimemt as everyone else, minus Tres' involvement. POP Rides are just too big and take up way too much real estate. They feel clunky compared to the compact cuteness of the Dorbz versions. That said, Funko please stop making them as I'm running out of room. I don't even remember how Vanellope got into my collection. It all happened so fast lol
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

Peachtree

Postby Peachtree » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:23 pm

The Dorbz Ridez price point is excellent and they fit very well in displays together -- noone's really overshadowed by a Ridez. Really well-done and the detail on some like the fruit brute ride is fantastic.
My name is Samuel, nice to meet you!
Instagram: PeachtreeFunko
ISO: Astro Boy T-Shirt Scott Pilgrim

AnthonyLou81

Postby AnthonyLou81 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:41 pm

I can not wait for yummy mummy to get here

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:01 pm

I'm pretty sure I like Dorbz Ridez more than POP! Rides
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Azxc34

Postby Azxc34 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:22 pm

Even though I don't have any yet, I do like them. The cereal rides are on top of my list to get into. My only problem is freeing up the money from buying other Funko toys.

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:40 pm

I've been cutting way back on my Pop purchases and really focusing on Dorbz these days. The rides are fantastic and I can't wait for the Deadpool and Beast rides to be added to my collection!
Kristen

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:56 pm

AnthonyLou81 wrote:I definitely prefer the dorbz ridez over pop rides. I really need the 2 banana splits ridez from sdcc this year to complete my set. Any of you all looking to get rid of them ... PM me

I too prefer the dorbz ride over the pop rides, First dorbz ride was the penelope cruz ride and after that I have to get them all.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:03 pm

I'm very much attracted to all of the Dorbz Rides.

As for Tres, I don't know. I've never met him. But I don't blame him. Unless he likes that..... ;-)
Last edited by Alleycat on Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Craig here......

treswright

Postby treswright » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:21 pm

AnthonyLou81 wrote:It seems like a lot of people only want to buy pops. I honestly think all the new Dorbz Rides are some of the coolest products Funko has put out. I love the Banana Splits ones and the cereal monsters. Anyone else love these ridez?

I can't stand them, I don't know why anyone would collect them :devil: No seriously, it looks like my reputation precedes me thanks to my good buddies Beau, Princess, Brett and Tiffany :-) Love you guys :-D I grew up collecting and building caricature models in the 60's & 70's- Revell Deal's Wheels, Monogram Snap Draggins, MPC Zingers, etc. I loved them for their cartoony proportions and when the Rides came out, they immediately struck a chord with me. I mean I LOVED them right away. I didn't start out needing ALL of them, but after a while I realized I had all but a few so I chased after the missing ones to fill in my collection and I've maintained it ever since. When the Ridez came out, I felt the same as a few others already expressed here- they were smaller, cuter and made better use of the drivers than the Pop Rides. Like Fred and Einstein sitting down well inside the cars and looking through the windshield instead of being kind of 2/3 sticking out the roof like most of the Pops. And the new Deadpool truck, I really love that they put the apron on him and put him in the serving window, it''s genius! Plus look at what they've done with the monster cereal mascots- one is metallic and two are glow-in-the-dark, one with a fluorescent painted car and the other molded in metalflake, I mean wow they are pulling out all the stops with them! That's not to say I no longer like Pop Rides, I still love them too! I am totally all-in for both Rides and Ridez \:D/

Alleycat wrote:As for Tres, I don't know. I've never met him. But I don't blame him. Unless he likes that..... ;-)

I love it, these folks are my friends and I know it's all good-natured ribbing so I totally welcome it :-)
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:53 am

Bit of both...

Pop! did a damn fine 66' Batmobile (variants included)...I definitely liked it better than the Dorbz version...

...BUT I seriously love the Dorbz Mystery Machine...

jenikinz

Postby jenikinz » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:07 am

I LOVE the Ridez!! I started with Vanellope, and swore that would be the only Dorbz I got...well it snowballed, and now I love the Dorbz a little more than the POP!s. The Ridez are currently my top favorite Funko items though. They are so detailed, and I love that the wheels are stationery, they stay where I put them. I cannot wait for the other cereal Ridez, and wish the Banana Splits Ridez weren't so pricey, or I would have all of those too!
:smt061 Jen

swind15

Postby swind15 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:09 pm

I don't like Pop Rides, but I love Dorbz rides and have several.
Pop!: Lost count
Mystery mini: Lost count
Soda: 146
Dorbz: 140
Pop Pez: 31
Hikari: 21
Vynl: 22
Retro Freddy Funko: 4
Action Figures: 2
Wacky Wobbler: 2
Reaction: 2
Fabrications: 1

Original Fun Klub member# 14057

OMGiTsCayla

Postby OMGiTsCayla » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:36 pm

I love the dorbz rides and ridez.. I just cant get enough of them all.. They are super super cute.. In my opinion some of the ridez could have been made better but like the new moana one that came out and the cereal ones! All those at fright night near me heard me scream when they were giving out the frute brute with the killer costume stickers! I couldnt help myself! I kept telling tres they needed to do glow ones!! Im like a pop psychic! I like to think so anyway lol! Id like to see a pirate shop of the black pearl as a ride! Or a ghost hurst from haunted mansion! After seeing daenarys on drogon i have high high hopes for future dorbz and pop ridez!

Hi! My name is Cayla
follow me on Instagram:wtfitscayla

:cheshire:
LunaPop Customs

Princess

Postby Princess » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:54 pm

MrsPlusOne wrote:I love the dorbz rides and ridez.. I just cant get enough of them all.. They are super super cute.. In my opinion some of the ridez could have been made better but like the new moana one that came out and the cereal ones! All those at fright night near me heard me scream when they were giving out the frute brute with the killer costume stickers! I couldnt help myself! I kept telling tres they needed to do glow ones!! Im like a pop psychic! I like to think so anyway lol! Id like to see a pirate shop of the black pearl as a ride! Or a ghost hurst from haunted mansion! After seeing daenarys on drogon i have high high hopes for future dorbz and pop ridez!

Ahh...Tres's partner in crime with spreading the ridez love :) lol. I would have screamed too when you saw the fruit brute! He's just awesome! I love the idea of a pirate ship. I would buy that in a flash.

post31

Postby post31 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:10 pm

I just wished the Ridez glowed in the dark with the dorbz that are glow in the dark.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

OMGiTsCayla

Postby OMGiTsCayla » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:25 am

post31 wrote:I just wished the Ridez glowed in the dark with the dorbz that are glow in the dark.

The frute brute seemed to have some fluorescent paint on it. Maybe the yummy mummy will glow?

Hi! My name is Cayla

LunaPop Customs

OMGiTsCayla

Postby OMGiTsCayla » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:35 am

Princess wrote:
MrsPlusOne wrote:I love the dorbz rides and ridez.. I just cant get enough of them all.. They are super super cute.. In my opinion some of the ridez could have been made better but like the new moana one that came out and the cereal ones! All those at fright night near me heard me scream when they were giving out the frute brute with the killer costume stickers! I couldnt help myself! I kept telling tres they needed to do glow ones!! Im like a pop psychic! I like to think so anyway lol! Id like to see a pirate shop of the black pearl as a ride! Or a ghost hurst from haunted mansion! After seeing daenarys on drogon i have high high hopes for future dorbz and pop ridez!

Ahh...Tres's partner in crime with spreading the ridez love :) lol. I would have screamed too when you saw the fruit brute! He's just awesome! I love the idea of a pirate ship. I would buy that in a flash.

He blames me for his pop addiction lol but i do enjoy our shared love for these beautiful creations! I am putting good vibes out in the universe for a pirate ship! Please please please funko!!!

Hi! My name is Cayla

LunaPop Customs

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:11 am

MrsPlusOne wrote:All those at fright night near me heard me scream when they were giving out the frute brute with the killer costume stickers! I couldnt help myself!

I can confirm this lol

MrsPlusOne wrote:I kept telling tres they needed to do glow ones!! Im like a pop psychic!

And this too!

Princess wrote:Ahh...Tres's partner in crime with spreading the ridez love :) lol.

She got me started on collecting Funko stuff, I think it started with mystery minis and pretty quickly spread to Pops. The Dorbz weren't out yet. But I think I paid her back by getting her interested in Ridez lol

MrsPlusOne wrote:
post31 wrote:I just wished the Ridez glowed in the dark with the dorbz that are glow in the dark.

The frute brute seemed to have some fluorescent paint on it. Maybe the yummy mummy will glow?

Yeah the Fruit Brute jeep doesn't glow but it activates really well under black light. I don't think the Yummy Mummy dune buggy will because it's metalflake (technically it is possible, the Haunted Mansion Pops glow and have glitter), but I have high hopes for Boo Berry and his car, surely one or both will glow :-)

MrsPlusOne wrote:He blames me for his pop addiction lol

It's true, I had never even heard of Funko before you introduced me to Pop and minis. It's been pretty much downhill ever since :-)

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:47 am

I only have one Pop ride so far and no Dorbz rides, so I can't reaaallllly chime in here, but why not.
I do plan on getting the A-Team Van at some point and I'm getting the X-Men MCC which will have a ride, but now that I see the Deadpool van in Dorbz size, I might have to get that one. I have nothing against pop rides though, they are just a lot harder to find a place to store, so aside from Coulson and Lola, I haven't had the urge to get any others. Dorbz rides being smaller, I might have to get a few, and do plan on getting the Blackbird with Beast at some point.

Overall, I don't mind either one, but I'm very picky about what I want since they take up a lot of space for Pops and Dorbz!
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:50 am

I agree with most everyone here that the Dorbz Ridez are preferred over the POP! Rides. Don't get me wrong I still love the POP! Rides but I feel like Funko can do more with the Dorbz Ridez. Loving the detail and scale of the Ridez. I have 7 POP! Rides and 6 Dorbz Ridez so the Dorbz are catching up. With the Mystery Machine and the upcoming Deadpool truck I think the POP! Rides will be overthrown very soon.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

Stu

Postby Stu » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:55 pm

I had little to no interest in Dorbz Ridez until the cereal monsters were announced. Now, I can't get enough of these. I'm actually going to set up a hanging shelf in my apartment (easier said than done as I am in no way handy) just for the Ceral Monster Dorbz and Ridez.
My name is Aaron...Many call me Stu...it is a long story.

ISO: Skeletor and Panthor Dorbz ride.

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:45 pm

popfanboy wrote:I have 7 POP! Rides and 6 Dorbz Ridez so the Dorbz are catching up.

Not just in your collection but in the Funko lineup too. There are now 22 Dorbz Ridez and 30 Pop Rides. There is only 1 Pop Ride I'm aware of that isn't out yet- the MCC exclusive. But there are quite a few Dorbz Ridez on the way including the other 2 monster cereal Ridez and two (or more?) MOTU Ridez. The Dorbz Ridez haven't been out nearly as long, so it seems pretty likely they will pass up the Pop Rides in quantity before long.

As a side note, do I really have 52 Rides and Ridez?? More including the protos. Yikes.

AnthonyLou81

Postby AnthonyLou81 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:00 pm

My only complaint is that they should have rolling wheels.

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:07 pm

AnthonyLou81 wrote:My only complaint is that they should have rolling wheels.

Couldn't agree with you more!
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

jenikinz

Postby jenikinz » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:22 am

AnthonyLou81 wrote:My only complaint is that they should have rolling wheels.

I actually love that they don't have them, I can display them without fear of them rolling off a shelf and being damaged...
:smt061 Jen

Return to “Dorbz”