Freddy Dorbz at Fundays?

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
valorandvellum

Re: Freddy Dorbz at Fundays?

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:35 pm

angeladominguez wrote:I think the only way the le24 was given was if you were chosen for the wheel. I wish I couldve gotten it because it is so cute with that mini freddy!
:freddy2:

Yup, I've been buying all of the regular sized versions! Including the NYCC Dorbz :D Gotta have a family of head holders. LOL

thejosh2010

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:50 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:As the Dorbz line continues to grow I expect Freddy's in all shapes, sizes, and lines to start showing up in BOF's! I'm excited to see whats in store for this year's FunDay's!!

You going to make the trip this year? Your answer better be yes lol

Already made sure no work contracts were scheduled for then...the candy apple will be making the drive ;-)
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia :freddy1:

odnar

Postby odnar » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:15 pm

I would love Freddy Dorbz at Fundays. I forget where I saw the custom green lantern freddy dorbz here but it would be extremely cool to have mash up type freddys like they do the Funday Freddy Pops. I still want the box o' fun Pops though...mebbe they can slip a freddy dorbz in there too! ;-)
Funko Funklub member # 11624?

slimpicks

Postby slimpicks » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:26 pm

wouldn't mind seeing more dorbz at fundays either xl or regular sized
Charles aka slimpicks
instagram: Funko_slimpicks
ImageImage

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:57 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:I think the only way the le24 was given was if you were chosen for the wheel. I wish I couldve gotten it because it is so cute with that mini freddy!

Yup, I've been buying all of the regular sized versions! Including the NYCC Dorbz :D Gotta have a family of head holders. LOL

LOL.
Have you gotten the ECCC one too? That's the only one I am missing.
](*,)
Hi! I'm Angelica, or Angela for short! Sales rep by day, collector by night!
Collecting for 3+ years.
Funko Product Count: 800+
:love6: Member of The Funko Couple with Sergio Tamez aka S_E_R_G_I_O on the boards. ♡
ImageImage

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:57 pm

angeladominguez wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:

LOL.
](*,)

Not yet... I spent quite a bit of money (enough to buy 3 of those ECCC Freddy Dorbz) on a single Pop last month. So I need to recover from that, save for ECCC, save for SDCC, and then maybe I can start thinking of buying that missing Dorbz. lol

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:31 pm

So when y'all are asking about Dorbz Freddys at Fundays, I assume you mean body swaps like they do with the Pops. I see two problems with this. If you look at the Freddy Pops, the body is the same body as the basic Pop, but it's a Freddy head painted to match the basic Pop. Sometimes it's hard to tell it's a Freddy, for example the Daryl Freddy was nearly identical to the regular Daryl. OK, so here are the two problems:

1. Dorbz bodies are all very similar. So if you do a body swap the body is only going to be marginally different.
2. There is nothing distinctive about the Freddy head versus other heads, its just a globe with some features painted on it. So if it's repainted to match the character, what differentiates it as a Freddy? The crown maybe, but that's about it. You're not going to recognize the head shape as a Freddy like you would a Pop.

So I'm not so sure we'll ever see Dorbz Freddys at Fundays, I'm sure we'll keep seeing regular Dorbz Freddys like we have been but I doubt we'll see body swaps. And that's OK with me, at least I have a shot at regular Freddys but trying to collect super rare 1:12 or 1:24 Fundays Dorbz Freddys would take me out of the running pretty quick!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:09 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:

LOL.
](*,)

Not yet... I spent quite a bit of money (enough to buy 3 of those ECCC Freddy Dorbz) on a single Pop last month. So I need to recover from that, save for ECCC, save for SDCC, and then maybe I can start thinking of buying that missing Dorbz. lol

oh yay!
you're going to ECCC too? We need to host a funatics meetup in the funko parking lot!
Collecting for 3+ years.
:love6: Member of The Funko Couple with Sergio Tamez aka S_E_R_G_I_O on the boards. ♡
ImageImage

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:10 pm

angeladominguez wrote:oh yay!
you're going to ECCC too? We need to host a funatics meetup in the funko parking lot!

It'll be my first time going :-) And yes, I would like to hang out with some Funatics while I'm there for sure!

doctony

Postby doctony » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:16 pm

Not so hot about Freddy Dorbz in the Mystery Box, but if they are there I'll take it!

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:18 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:oh yay!

It'll be my first time going :-) And yes, I would like to hang out with some Funatics while I'm there for sure!

Do you think the new funko building will be ready by then?
If we get the chance to go, I would like to stop by and see it.
Collecting for 3+ years.
ImageImage

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 pm

angeladominguez wrote:Do you think the new funko building will be ready by then?

I'm not sure if they announced when the new building would be ready... if they did, I missed it. My trip is pretty short though so I'll probably be focusing on ECCC even if the new building was ready to tour. It would definitely be sweet to check it out at some point though!

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:42 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:Do you think the new funko building will be ready by then?

I'm not sure if they announced when the new building would be ready... if they did, I missed it. My trip is pretty short though so I'll probably be focusing on ECCC even if the new building was ready to tour. It would definitely be sweet to check it out at some point though!

Are you going for all the days?
I know if we go I have to make use of the time there since we are in Texas.
Collecting for 3+ years.
ImageImage

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:40 pm

angeladominguez wrote:Are you going for all the days?

Saturday was already sold out so I'm just going Thursday and Friday. Are you guys going everyday?

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:28 am

valorandvellum wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:Are you going for all the days?

Saturday was already sold out so I'm just going Thursday and Friday. Are you guys going everyday?

Same, Thursday and Friday. We were too late for Saturday as well, sold out.
I haven't purchased plane tickets though, because they are a little steep.. trying to wait for it to calm down. lol
Collecting for 3+ years.
ImageImage

Return to “Dorbz”