How to revamp Dorbz?

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
homietrav
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Re: How to revamp Dorbz?

Postby homietrav » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:59 pm

funkystark wrote:Wouldn't change a thing! Except where some of them are exclusive to haha

yuup, this.
Travis

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:12 pm

I love how they wobble but they don't fall down.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:38 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:I know there are tons of people love Dorbz, but i think a part of the reason why i am not into them is because of the way the head is sculpted and detailed. After recently getting into collecting pint size heroes, i realized that pint size figures have heads which show the sculpt and details reminiscent to Pops, but have Dorb-style bodies. Does anyone feel that if Funko made Dorbz utilizing the pint size figure style, that it would be even more appealing?

I prefer the dorbz the way they are! Don't want them to change. Their charm is their simplicity... :-({|=
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:14 pm

I really don't collect dorbz but have noticed them getting better over time. They've done some really cool things with them. Personally, I don't think there's any reason to redesign them. They've become extremely popular since their introduction. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

kpacheco

Postby kpacheco » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:44 pm

I don't want them to change. In fact I'm kinda mad that Funko went ahead and changed Black, White, & Green Lantern Batmans head sculpt from the original glam. While their specific cowl worked for the Batman Returns Dorbz I think they ruined the aesthetic by changing these 3 dorbz head sculpt for seemingly no reason.

Doc Funko

Postby Doc Funko » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:11 pm

kpacheco wrote:I don't want them to change. In fact I'm kinda mad that Funko went ahead and changed Black, White, & Green Lantern Batmans head sculpt from the original glam. While their specific cowl worked for the Batman Returns Dorbz I think they ruined the aesthetic by changing these 3 dorbz head sculpt for seemingly no reason.

I liked the uniformity of the heads, Just wondering if the change as anything to do with these being from more recent storylines?.

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:19 pm

kpacheco wrote:I don't want them to change. In fact I'm kinda mad that Funko went ahead and changed Black, White, & Green Lantern Batmans head sculpt from the original glam. While their specific cowl worked for the Batman Returns Dorbz I think they ruined the aesthetic by changing these 3 dorbz head sculpt for seemingly no reason.

The only reason those disappointed me was because of the glams. They showed the nice flat Batman headmolds instead of what we actually got. If they had been upfront, I'd be less miffed.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

kpacheco

Postby kpacheco » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:38 am

DefNotBlitz wrote:The only reason those disappointed me was because of the glams. They showed the nice flat Batman headmolds instead of what we actually got. If they had been upfront, I'd be less miffed.

Same here. I haven't got Green or White Lantern Batman yet but, the packaging on my Darkest Night still uses the old glam so it seems like this was a very last minute change and I don't believe they ever said why they were changed.

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:42 am

kpacheco wrote:
DefNotBlitz wrote:The only reason those disappointed me was because of the glams. They showed the nice flat Batman headmolds instead of what we actually got. If they had been upfront, I'd be less miffed.

Same here. I haven't got Green or White Lantern Batman yet but, the packaging on my Darkest Night still uses the old glam so it seems like this was a very last minute change and I don't believe they ever said why they were changed.

Same for the other two lanterns. I think this happened right when production started.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:53 am

Kitzka wrote:No. I don't.

I agree. Dorbz are their own thing, no need to make them look more like other lines....because....other lines.
Funklub: 11181

Squird

Postby Squird » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:01 am

Wish they hadn't changed the head on the lanterns. I thought they looked better.
Funklub: 11181

Return to “Dorbz”