Dorbz at Walgreens

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Rgncajun

Re: Dorbz at Walgreens

Postby Rgncajun » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:00 pm

So I randomly walked into a Walgreens today and saw the spiderham and antman! Amazing!

Officerdorbz

Postby Officerdorbz » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Rgncajun wrote:So I randomly walked into a Walgreens today and saw the spiderham and antman! Amazing!

If true, can you hook a dorbzvian up? Pretty please

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:52 am

Rgncajun wrote:So I randomly walked into a Walgreens today and saw the spiderham and antman! Amazing!

I really need this to happen to me. lol lol There doesn't even have to be Ant-Man. JUST. GIVE. ME. THE. HAM.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:54 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:

I really need this to happen to me. lol lol There doesn't even have to be Ant-Man. JUST. GIVE. ME. THE. HAM.

Haha! It's amazing how young you are but your comic character tastes match mine exactly from the early 80's. I mean I'm still obsessed with those characters but you get what I mean.

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:35 am

Lucky! :cheers: I wonder if the same thing will happen to me tomorrow at Walgreens?
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:36 am

xmaldigolax wrote: Haha! It's amazing how young you are but your comic character tastes match mine exactly from the early 80's. I mean I'm still obsessed with those characters but you get what I mean.

I happen to like the older stuff, too. Many times I get "huh?" responses from those who like the newer stuff.
29/Male/CHINESE

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:37 am

HowardTheDuck wrote: I really need this to happen to me. lol lol There doesn't even have to be Ant-Man. JUST. GIVE. ME. THE. HAM.

Forget the Ant, I want the piggy! :roflmao: Here's hoping we both get lucky.
29/Male/CHINESE

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:01 pm

Talk about having luck. Congrats.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:27 am

I think I might buy up all the NES Jasons at the one WG that has him. Seems like the only way to get the merch moving. Being that he is exclusive, this Dorbz does have resale value (unlike the freaking Batman, Beauty and the Beast, Green Lanterns, and Mickey/Goofy that have been sitting for month).
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:41 am

PopGoestheJess wrote:I think I might buy up all the NES Jasons at the one WG that has him. Seems like the only way to get the merch moving. Being that he is exclusive, this Dorbz does have resale value (unlike the freaking Batman, Beauty and the Beast, Green Lanterns, and Mickey/Goofy that have been sitting for month).

i just found 2 of these at my wg the other day lol
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Tdegbert

Postby Tdegbert » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:10 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:Spider-Ham is out and...Ant-man.

Pic credit @rtrov8 via Instagram

I'm so jealous!
:smt066

-Troy

Rgncajun

Postby Rgncajun » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:13 pm

Officerdorbz wrote:

If true, can you hook a dorbzvian up? Pretty please

Very true there was only 1 spiderham but 2 classic antman but I snatched all three.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:27 pm

I tried 3 Walgreens over the weekend and nada! Though toy areas are looking pretty good, lots of other cool stuff.
2012 Rookie of the Year

WhoIsLouis

Postby WhoIsLouis » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:55 am

Ooo whee spider-ham!!!
I like to buy downscale fashion such as "Louis Vootun".

PopDaddy

Postby PopDaddy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:43 am

Time to find Spider-Ham ha!
WTB: Luffy color proto

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:I tried 3 Walgreens over the weekend and nada! Though toy areas are looking pretty good, lots of other cool stuff.

Five here. I tried asking if I could order in store. Nope. :mad:
29/Male/CHINESE

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:41 pm

No more Failgreens exclusives please.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:11 am

Not since the specialty series Cosmo have I hunted down a Dorbz like this. I forgot how terrible it is. lol lol
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:17 am

I've checked 6 WGs in the area and nothing. :evil:
Team Dorbz 4 Life

doao

Postby doao » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:53 am

I NEED Spider-Ham and I really want that Antman. First Dorbz I'm actively hunting. Only other Dorbz I wanted close to this was the SDCC X-men 3 pack.

What sucks is I've NEVER seen Dorbz in Walgreens, ever.

I'll probably be forced to go the secondary market route ](*,)

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:51 am

I've seen the TLJ Praetorian Guards, the WWE 2 pack and the Wedge Whatshisface deluxe...and no exclusive Dorbz. This is really starting to tick me off. If they can stock their exclusive Pops, then why not the Dorbz. ](*,)
Team Dorbz 4 Life

Rgncajun

Postby Rgncajun » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:29 pm

I think the exclusive dorbz have to be ordered by the managers, they only do that once they run out of dorbz.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:35 pm

Rgncajun wrote:I think the exclusive dorbz have to be ordered by the managers, they only do that once they run out of dorbz.

#-o That sucks.
Team Dorbz 4 Life

Tazz013

Postby Tazz013 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:35 am

Rgncajun wrote:I think the exclusive dorbz have to be ordered by the managers, they only do that once they run out of dorbz.

They are handled just like every other piece of merchandise in the store. When the stock level drops below the shelf minimum, the system automatically orders more. If they choose to, they can order more at any time, but the assortment they receive cannot be specified.

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:19 am

I'm about to give up. Every few days I check and every few days it's just the same. One day I'll find what I'm looking for.
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Zippieminion

Postby Zippieminion » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:45 am

I've yet to see any of the exclusive Dorbz. It seems like the Walgreens around me never gets anything new.

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:54 am

Checked four farther Walgreens last night. Found a couple fun things, but only leftover Taskmaster dorbz. None of the Batman, Hulk, Iron Patriot, Walking Dead, Spiderham, or Antman to be found. Will be making the rounds of the ten closest this week again.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:32 am

allcutethings2 wrote:Checked four farther Walgreens last night. Found a couple fun things, but only leftover Taskmaster dorbz. None of the Batman, Hulk, Iron Patriot, Walking Dead, Spiderham, or Antman to be found. Will be making the rounds of the ten closest this week again.

That's still better than what I saw at multiple Walgreens in my area. Still looking for Spider-Ham! :cheers:
29/Male/CHINESE

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:41 am

Zippieminion wrote:I've yet to see any of the exclusive Dorbz. It seems like the Walgreens around me never gets anything new.

It's more like Walgreens never seems to get any Funko products at times.
29/Male/CHINESE

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:26 am

KMFH11 wrote:I'm about to give up. Every few days I check and every few days it's just the same. One day I'll find what I'm looking for.

Orange County is tough hunting grounds.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:17 pm

KMFH11 wrote:I'm about to give up. Every few days I check and every few days it's just the same. One day I'll find what I'm looking for.

I'm in the same boat. My gut tells me to keep searching.
29/Male/CHINESE

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:57 pm

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:
Zippieminion wrote:I've yet to see any of the exclusive Dorbz. It seems like the Walgreens around me never gets anything new.

It's more like Walgreens never seems to get any Funko products at times.

They don't. My local Walgreens probably hasn't sold a single Pop in close to a year. I went in there over a 6-month period and they not only hadn't put out a single new Pop, but they hadn't even re-arranged the 8 that they had. In the last couple of weeks, they have simply added another 8 Pops, all Star Wars, to what they already had on the shelf. Still haven't seen them sell a single one. They got the Halloween display and I don't think there were ever any Pops on it, just other merchandise.

If I didn't have to go in there for prescriptions once in a while, I'd never step foot in a Walgreens. All of them seem to be the same around here. What's the point?

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:20 pm

Day 23. I continue to only see Taskmaster Dorbz everywhere I go. Yet I persist. Because, eventually, I will find Spider-Ham...

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:46 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:Day 23. I continue to only see Taskmaster Dorbz everywhere I go. Yet I persist. Because, eventually, I will find Spider-Ham...

consider yourself lucky, we never even got Taskmaster around here.

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:01 am

Cephus wrote:They don't. My local Walgreens probably hasn't sold a single Pop in close to a year. I went in there over a 6-month period and they not only hadn't put out a single new Pop, but they hadn't even re-arranged the 8 that they had. In the last couple of weeks, they have simply added another 8 Pops, all Star Wars, to what they already had on the shelf. Still haven't seen them sell a single one. They got the Halloween display and I don't think there were ever any Pops on it, just other merchandise.

If I didn't have to go in there for prescriptions once in a while, I'd never step foot in a Walgreens. All of them seem to be the same around here. What's the point?

I know what you mean. What few Funko products they do have are in the toy aisle, which is smart compared to the other aisles. Now if I was looking for, say, Barbie, there are plenty.

Personally, I feel like trying to find Dorbz at Walgreens is like trying to win the lottery. In that case, I much rather win the lottery. :D
29/Male/CHINESE

d3postman

Postby d3postman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:11 am

Cephus wrote:They don't. My local Walgreens probably hasn't sold a single Pop in close to a year. I went in there over a 6-month period and they not only hadn't put out a single new Pop, but they hadn't even re-arranged the 8 that they had. In the last couple of weeks, they have simply added another 8 Pops, all Star Wars, to what they already had on the shelf. Still haven't seen them sell a single one. They got the Halloween display and I don't think there were ever any Pops on it, just other merchandise.

I know what you mean. What few Funko products they do have are in the toy aisle, which is smart compared to the other aisles. Now if I was looking for, say, Barbie, there are plenty.

Personally, I feel like trying to find Dorbz at Walgreens is like trying to win the lottery. In that case, I much rather win the lottery. :D

Shoot, if I find any Funko product at my local Walgreens without box damage to it from a security device, I look to the sky to see if the Horsemen of the Apocalypse are above.

Funko Fundays: 2015, 2019, 2021

SDCC: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022

FDO: FDO8

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:21 am

d3postman wrote:Shoot, if I find any Funko product at my local Walgreens without box damage to it from a security device, I look to the sky to see if the Horsemen of the Apocalypse are above.

I'd probably have a better chance of finding a chase Dorbz elsewhere than at Walgreens. A Walgreens exclusive is bad enough. But a Walgreens CHASE exclusive!? Madness! #-o
29/Male/CHINESE

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:58 am

But I'm sure Barbie sells, that's why it gets so much shelf space. When you're thinking about buying collectibles, Walgreens is not at the top of your list. I'm sure that's why they got exclusives in the first place, to try to push traffic through the door, but when the general collectible buying public isn't going there to begin with and they only have limited shelf space, what can we expect them to do? The only reason anyone would ever go to a Walgreens for Funko is for the exclusives and I'm sure to get the exclusives, they had to agree to carry the general line, which means that they don't sell the general line, their shelves get clogged with product and they never restock.

It's a vicious circle.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:15 pm

They have plenty of space on the risers, which they've filled with a fafillion plushes!
Team Dorbz 4 Life

d3postman

Postby d3postman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:52 pm

d3postman wrote:Shoot, if I find any Funko product at my local Walgreens without box damage to it from a security device, I look to the sky to see if the Horsemen of the Apocalypse are above.

I'd probably have a better chance of finding a chase Dorbz elsewhere than at Walgreens. A Walgreens exclusive is bad enough. But a Walgreens CHASE exclusive!? Madness! #-o

Totally agree! Hello eBay...

Funko Fundays: 2015, 2019, 2021

SDCC: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022

FDO: FDO8

Return to “Dorbz”