Year of the Dorbz!

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Eloy

Year of the Dorbz!

Postby Eloy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:41 am

I just watched the interview with the man hisself. He loves Dorbz and so many Dorbz lines were on display in the background. About a year ago I told some people that this line was gonna be huge and don't count it out yet with GameStop and hot topic clearancing out a lot of their Dorbz. Can't wait to see more future products and if Brian loves them, you know they are here to stay!

The company amazes me every year with their licenses and how they continue to grow, I remember 5 years ago I bought Batman 01 on my visit to California and when I came back home to look for more, no one carried any or knew what I was talking about.

fmp398

Re: Year of the Dorbz!

Postby fmp398 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:55 am

I think i officially fell in love with them when the FCBD Dorbz came out (the launch was a disaster but that's another story). I'm collecting as much as I can now since people are still not too into just yet. Just hope more and more places will carry them but I'm sure that will eventually happen :)

I also like how some Dorbz doesn't have the same staple smile anymore (Sadness and the HT Groot)

Eloy

Postby Eloy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:10 am

I wanted those so bad (thanks too!) but the launch was crazy, I too remember that. I like that they aren't quite as popular as Pops (atleast not yet) because that makes finding a chase in the wild somewhat possible. They probably aren't produced in large quantities either (regular and chases). However, they are gaining popularity fast. Exclusives are selling out fast and chases are being hunted now. Even people that don't like Dorbz are buying just chases.

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:37 am

I'm loving dorbz too. When they first released, I thought they were cute but didnt pick too many up. Now they have so many different types and it it super fun to collect because they are so cute!!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:59 am

I won a contest on YouTube last year and my prize was the Civil War box. The unmasked Iron Man was my very first Dorbz and I thought he was absolutely amazing. I didn't really know too much about Dorbz so I did some digging and saw a ton were on clearance at GameStop. I think I bought 30 or so in the following 2 weeks and it was game over from then on. The quality and detail on Dorbz has changed so much over the past year, but I must say that unmasked Iron Man is still one of my favorite Dorbz.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:25 am

I got the power armour dorbz in a loot crate or nerd block, can't remember which and then I bought the while GOTG set and it's been an addiction ever since. 250 dorbz and counting at this point, I couldn't stop myself if I wanted to.

Here's most of my collection. A few are on the way plus I have 15 ridez. I still collect pops but dorbz have allowed me to save space and they're so darn cute.
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:36 am

My first Dorbz was the Penelope Pitstop ride. I love the line but I don't think it overtake Pop figures in the future. I know they are here to stay and think this line is amazing.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Classier

Postby Classier » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:40 am

I was on board with the line since I first saw the pics come out at Toy Fair. Ultron was the first for me (because he was the first to be released), and I was definitely in love from there. The first few waves of Dorbz I would pick up on sight. Stripe is my very favorite, but the Ant-Man one comes very close. I'll be with Dorbz for a long time.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:00 am

I didn't like them at first and now they're my preferred Funko product over Pop. Maybe it's how uniform they are, the original reason why I liked Pop, now that line has deviated so far away from being the same. I only have about 50 but I wish there was one in every sub box.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:06 pm

I wasn't a fan right away either. The first couple I got were in sub boxes. I liked them OK but not enough to buy more. But when the Ridez started coming out, oh man. Much as I liked Pop Rides before (and still do), the Ridez to me had more cartoony proportions (that's good!) and the smaller size made them cuter. I was sold from day one on those. Every now and then I would pick up a figure or two that I liked, but I didn't really think I "collected" them other than the Ridez. A few weeks ago I was reorganizing and cataloging and got all my Dorbz together in one spot and was really surprised to see how many there were. So I guess I "collect" them after all lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:14 pm

I don't care what any one says it's all about the smile :D
Dorian Arloe

emk194

Postby emk194 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:30 pm

I had no intention of buying any when they were first announced. Then I saw them at HMV and thought they were so damn cute and the box was really cool and then 150 later, I'm still trying to figure out what happened and why I have so many. lol
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

TanyaTate

Postby TanyaTate » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:18 pm

I blame Game Stop. They had a buy 2 Pops get 1 Dorbz free offer and I took home Maleficent. That started the whole thing for me. I have no idea how many I have now.
WANTED: Hanna Barbara Huckleberry Hound POP Dark Purple, Light Purple, Orange, Red, Pink, Green and Dorbz Purple, Orange
My Youtube Channel

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:09 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:I won a contest on YouTube last year and my prize was the Civil War box. The unmasked Iron Man was my very first Dorbz and I thought he was absolutely amazing. I didn't really know too much about Dorbz so I did some digging and saw a ton were on clearance at GameStop. I think I bought 30 or so in the following 2 weeks and it was game over from then on. The quality and detail on Dorbz has changed so much over the past year, but I must say that unmasked Iron Man is still one of my favorite Dorbz.

Have you ever lost a contest??? :roflmao:
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Lilbrimer23 wrote:I got the power armour dorbz in a loot crate or nerd block, can't remember which and then I bought the while GOTG set and it's been an addiction ever since. 250 dorbz and counting at this point, I couldn't stop myself if I wanted to.

Here's most of my collection. A few are on the way plus I have 15 ridez. I still collect pops but dorbz have allowed me to save space and they're so darn cute.

You are the top of Mt. Everest ... :wwe15: One beautiful collection!!! :cheers:

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:13 pm

emk194 wrote:I had no intention of buying any when they were first announced. Then I saw them at HMV and thought they were so damn cute and the box was really cool and then 150 later, I'm still trying to figure out what happened and why I have so many. lol

I had the same reaction the first time I saw Rock Candy. But the NYCC Toy Fair completely changed my attitude!!!

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:40 am

I guess it's time for me to step up and get more Dorbz this year, especially at GameStop.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:23 pm

My very first Dorbz was mossy Groot from 2015 SDCC. At the time, I never even heard of Dorbz. I just knew it was Groot and thought it was cute so I bought it lol
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:51 pm

valorandvellum wrote:My very first Dorbz was mossy Groot from 2015 SDCC. At the time, I never even heard of Dorbz. I just knew it was Groot and thought it was cute so I bought it lol

Mine was the XL Mossy Groot. Thought it'd look nice with some of my pops, little did I know the dorbz would eventually start overtaking the pops!
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:53 pm

allcutethings2 wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:My very first Dorbz was mossy Groot from 2015 SDCC. At the time, I never even heard of Dorbz. I just knew it was Groot and thought it was cute so I bought it lol

Mine was the XL Mossy Groot. Thought it'd look nice with some of my pops, little did I know the dorbz would eventually start overtaking the pops!

We are almost twins! lol
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:55 pm

I was blinded by POPs back then and don't even remember seeing any of the Dorbz on the sheet ](*,)

Don't think I'll ever own Thrill Kill or 1996 Batman :(
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:57 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:

I was blinded by POPs back then and don't even remember seeing any of the Dorbz on the sheet ](*,)

Don't think I'll ever own Thrill Kill or 1996 Batman :(

Yeah, we both should've followed my friends' lead and gotten that darned Deadpool Dorbz! Oh well. Can't take back the night, I guess. 2015 Regina is still my biggest regret from that year though. lol

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:16 pm

valorandvellum wrote:Yeah, we both should've followed my friends' lead and gotten that darned Deadpool Dorbz! Oh well. Can't take back the night, I guess. 2015 Regina is still my biggest regret from that year though. lol

Yeah I remember seeing a few Regina auctions right after the con for 50 bucks buy-it-now and thinking "that's crazy, I'll wait until the price comes down" lol

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:19 pm

I absolutely love Dorbz and yes they have also become my preferred over Pops. I like the fact that they are so detailed considering how small they are :)
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie *Funko Fiends Secretary/Treasurer* June 2017 COTM
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:20 pm

treswright wrote:Yeah I remember seeing a few Regina auctions right after the con for 50 bucks and thinking "that's crazy, I'll wait until the price comes down" lol

Ughhhhhh. That sucks. Same thing happened for me with DJ Sona. Right after the championship, they were going for like $50, and I figured I'd wait. Then they were going for $100 so figured I should start bidding. Was willing to go up to $120 and the auction ended at $140 so I figured I'd wait even more. Then it kept going up and up until I finally bit the bullet for waaaaaaaay more than $120 lol On the flip side, I've panicked and bought stuff for a premium right after a convention, and then the price goes down.

What we really need is a Magic 8 ball that shows us if we should buy now or wait until later.

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:23 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
allcutethings2 wrote:

We are almost twins! lol

Haha, the blissfully ignorant of 2015. lol
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:39 pm

valorandvellum wrote:Then it kept going up and up until I finally bit the bullet for waaaaaaaay more than $120 lol On the flip side, I've panicked and bought stuff for a premium right after a convention, and then the price goes down.

Ha! Yeah I was waiting for DJ Sona prices to drop below 50 too. I am awestruck at the meteoric climb of that one lol The plan was to take one and chop it up and put LEDs in it for Cayla (she used to be a DJ), but obviously I'm not paying those nutso prices to cut one up at this point!

I've overpaid for a couple of con exclusives that later came down too, but the way I look at it is it's dollar-cost-averaging. Sometimes we might overpay but a lot of times we buy early and pay retail (or even less) for Pops/ Dorbz that blow through the roof later. So it all works out.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:15 pm

treswright wrote:Ha! Yeah I was waiting for DJ Sona prices to drop below 50 too. I am awestruck at the meteoric climb of that one lol The plan was to take one and chop it up and put LEDs in it for Cayla (she used to be a DJ), but obviously I'm not paying those nutso prices to cut one up at this point!

I'm actually getting chills at the thought of somebody cutting into a $600 Pop and fiddling around with it lol

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Lilbrimer23 wrote:I got the power armour dorbz in a loot crate or nerd block, can't remember which and then I bought the while GOTG set and it's been an addiction ever since. 250 dorbz and counting at this point, I couldn't stop myself if I wanted to.

Wow dude that's crazy! I told myself that I wasn't going to collect Dorbz, but of course my gf wants all the Disney ones. At least we're just sticking to one line. I hope they blow up one day and everyone wants to start collecting them. With the introduction of all the chases, I think more people are interested. Let's hope :)
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

ricflair4ever

Postby ricflair4ever » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:17 am

I've been fighting off the Dorbz urge for a while now. My first one was the Two Face from the Walmart DC Mystery Box. But i stayed away even then. However, i bit the bullet tonight and purchased my first proper Dorbz. Picked up a Deadpool and GITD Hulk from Gamestop on clearance. Lord help me I'm screwed now. I must get Ghost Rider and the 2016 summer exclusive Xmen set ,then its on to the Batman, Power Rangers and Ghostbusters if i can find them.

Eloy

Postby Eloy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:07 am

valorandvellum wrote:
treswright wrote:Ha! Yeah I was waiting for DJ Sona prices to drop below 50 too. I am awestruck at the meteoric climb of that one lol The plan was to take one and chop it up and put LEDs in it for Cayla (she used to be a DJ), but obviously I'm not paying those nutso prices to cut one up at this point!

I'm actually getting chills at the thought of somebody cutting into a $600 Pop and fiddling around with it lol

I opened my planet arlia Vegeta when I had it. displayed it, took pics of it. Good times.

Return to “Dorbz”