Star Wars Dorbz

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
HaloHawk87

Re: Star Wars Dorbz

Postby HaloHawk87 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:20 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:
HaloHawk87 wrote:otherwise I will never own a SW Dorbz if they can only be sold from the Disney Store.

Never say never. I'm sure there are plenty of Funatics, myself included, who would pick up stuff from a Disney Store and ship it to you with care. Don't let a bad experience with a retailer completely ruin your expectations for owning something you want.

Bad news ... After multiple calls, I just got off the phone with a Disney store worker who also works D23. She said the Star Wars Dorbz exclusives will only be available at the Disney Store inside of the Convention. Other Disney Stores, including the one on the Disney Walk next to Disneyland will not be carrying them.

That's disappointing if true. I was wondering if it would be online and in store or just online only, but assumed they would be in stores as well. Maybe Funko could clarify this question during a future Q&A.

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:22 pm

HaloHawk87 wrote:
That's true. I hate asking for help, but that is a possibility. There's a lot of very helpful people on here.

The closest Disney Store to me is the one in Mall of America, assuming it's still there. It's pretty far, so I only go there once every 3-5 years. That's a possibility as well, but an option I won't be able to use too often.

I am going to assume you live outside the Twin Cities metro area if you don't make it to MoA that often. I end up there a few times a month. There are tons of Funatics in Minnesota that would probably help out if they can. And there are tons if Funatics around other parts of the US that would help.

You should think about coming to the MN FDO to make friends.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:24 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:No offense, but I'm not sure I'd take the word of a random Disney employee 5 months before the event. We'll find out what's up later.

Not offended at all ... I am simply trying to figure out if going to D23 is the only way to get the SW Dorbz, and it appears from what she said, other than e-bay, it will be the only way. That does not speak to the issue of how large the run will be or if she is correct. But, maybe Brian will help clarify this as we get closer to the event. Anyway, I thought it was important to share for those making similar decisions (whether or not to go to D23). Peace
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Lonikins wrote:
HaloHawk87 wrote:
That's true. I hate asking for help, but that is a possibility. There's a lot of very helpful people on here.

The closest Disney Store to me is the one in Mall of America, assuming it's still there. It's pretty far, so I only go there once every 3-5 years. That's a possibility as well, but an option I won't be able to use too often.

I am going to assume you live outside the Twin Cities metro area if you don't make it to MoA that often. I end up there a few times a month. There are tons of Funatics in Minnesota that would probably help out if they can. And there are tons if Funatics around other parts of the US that would help.

Yeah, I live in northern MN, so it's not easy to visit MoA as often as I would like to. I don't know what the MN FDO is, but it sounds like it would be fun.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:42 pm

HaloHawk87 wrote:
Yeah, I live in northern MN, so it's not easy to visit MoA as often as I would like to. I don't know what the MN FDO is, but it sounds like it would be fun.

Here you go :)

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=77825
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:46 pm

HaloHawk87 wrote:
Lonikins wrote:
HaloHawk87 wrote:

How far north? If you are in the Iron Range then I will feel bad for you lol

FDO is Funatics Day Out where Funatics from the area get together and hang out, basically. Cory hasn't picked a location yet but it will most likely be in the metro area.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:18 pm

Wait... did I miss something... the Disney Store Online will more than likely get these. Right?
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:21 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:Wait... did I miss something... the Disney Store Online will more than likely get these. Right?

Exactly what I was thinking. From the original interview I thought that all the Disney stores would be carrying these and therefore the Online Disney store as well. in any case I'm not going to worry about it until they specifically announce something. I heard getting into the "Disney Store" at D23 is almost impossible anyway so the 1st to market ones weren't in my future in any case lol
Hi, I'm Merri!

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:26 pm

synergy56 wrote:
Vinyl4Blood wrote:Wait... did I miss something... the Disney Store Online will more than likely get these. Right?

Exactly what I was thinking. From the original interview I thought that all the Disney stores would be carrying these and therefore the Online Disney store as well. in any case I'm not going to worry about it until they specifically announce something. I heard getting into the "Disney Store" at D23 is almost impossible anyway so the 1st to market ones weren't in my future in any case lol

Ya, agreed. I will be at D23, but I honestly don't expect them to be avail. I'm gonna try to grab them, but that store is nuts, so I'm not basing my entire trip around getting the early release ones.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:53 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
HaloHawk87 wrote:

Here you go :)

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=77825

Thanks. I didn't realize there was a thread for it. I should of, considering the big "FDO" near the top of every page. lol

Lonikins wrote:How far north? If you are in the Iron Range then I will feel bad for you lol

Luckily not the Iron Range, but far enough north that I have a long enough drive to the Twin Cities that it's not easy to visit as often as I would like to. I usually don't like to mention online where specifically.

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:02 pm

I've seen so much conflicting information about how exclusive the SW Dorbz will be. I don't know if Disney Store cast members are the most reliable source of information just because they may not have that information. I was a Disneyland merchandise cast member and we didn't get advance warning about most new merchandise. In the Funkast they said Disney Store exclusive, not just D23 Disney Store, so I'm not ready to panic yet. Hopefully, we will get more details soon.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:21 pm

Brian said that they would debut at d23 and be released as Disney Store exclusives in the fall. Not sure why people are freaking out yet. Unless you don't have the Internet and live in the middle of nowhere it shouldn't be too difficult. I hope...
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

DeatoN

Postby DeatoN » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:26 pm

Either way, this is very disappointing for international collectors. It's hard enough trying to get Funko-Shop Exclusives, but these are going to be outrageously expensive for us.
I've got a full SW Pop collection, along with most of the wobblers released and pretty much everything else SW Funko has released but these could be the most expensive set to collect so far, especially if every single item is going to be a ebay or flipper purchase, which will be far above retail.

Fingers crossed they sort the license out and they'll be more widely available.
Instagram: @FunkoPopStarWars
FDO8, 2017 SDCC, 2019 SWC

maythefunkobewithyou

Postby maythefunkobewithyou » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:50 am

Brian@Funko wrote:They will be sold at D23 and they will NOT bobble. A true Dorbz they will be!

Brian, since you guys finally worked out the non-bobble, non-base licensing issue with Star Wars (albeit, limited and only available at Disney, etc, etc.), can we expect to get Pint Size Heroes? They are basically one step removed Dorbz that are miniaturized? Thanks!

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:18 am

Soooooo much speculation and getting disappointed before knowing solid information. I know it's hard(speaking from experience) but let's be patient on this one and wait for some more official announcements. And remember, we're getting Star Wars Dorbz! Let's focus on that and keep the speculation to what Dorbz were going to see rather then where they will be sold \:D/

Nick IG: collector.badger

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:35 am

CollectorBadger wrote:Soooooo much speculation and getting disappointed before knowing solid information. I know it's hard(speaking from experience) but let's be patient on this one and wait for some more official announcements. And remember, we're getting Star Wars Dorbz! Let's focus on that and keep the speculation to what Dorbz were going to see rather then where they will be sold \:D/

^^This^^
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:44 am

I hope there will be expanded universe Dorbz.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

jeffcrazy

Postby jeffcrazy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:21 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
jeffcrazy wrote:oh snap maybe I should have bought that Sorcerer's Pass for D23 after all.... no probably not still lol

$2,250 ... NOT! [-X

I am a gold D23 family member so I get "early access" to D23 (FYI gold family is a sweet deal if you plan on D23, worth the extra $20 because you get +3 people with you), and with the amount of time we were waiting around even with that slight advantage, it really had me thinking of actually doing it. I was online in time when the Badges went on sale, but I just couldn't pull the trigger because, well, I guess I'm still sane.

However, I do think IF you buy one, you could easily make the money back. That said, I think I'd have a heart attack trying to sell that many big ticket items... I sold an Xbox One on eBay and was freaking out over that, I can't imagine what shipping a stupid $1000 Doll going to super finicky Disney collector would do to my brain (no offense people who love Disney Limited Edition Dolls!).... "oh there's a smudge on the plastic, ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED gimme a refund!!!"

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:42 pm

CollectorBadger wrote:Soooooo much speculation and getting disappointed before knowing solid information. I know it's hard(speaking from experience) but let's be patient on this one and wait for some more official announcements. And remember, we're getting Star Wars Dorbz! Let's focus on that and keep the speculation to what Dorbz were going to see rather then where they will be sold \:D/

:occasion5:

I want to see...

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:45 pm

My most needed SW Dorbz are...

Jabba The Hutt
Wampa
Kit Fisto
Plo Koon
Mace Windu
Greedo
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:55 pm

My most wanted other than the obvious original Trilogy main cast:
Ahsoka(obviously)
Kit Fisto
Plo Koon
Captain Rex
Ezra, Kanan, Hera, Sabine, Zeb, really all of Rebels
K2SO
Bossk
And so many more, their more obscure, the better haha!
And Rides, oh so many rides

Nick IG: collector.badger

maythefunkobewithyou

Postby maythefunkobewithyou » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:31 pm

My most needed SW Dorbz are...

All of 'em

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:34 pm

maythefunkobewithyou wrote:My most needed SW Dorbz are...

All of 'em

YUP!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

DeatoN

Postby DeatoN » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm just happy we're actually getting some as I was starting to think they might never get released.

I'd love a Boba in Slave 1 ride!
Instagram: @FunkoPopStarWars
FDO8, 2017 SDCC, 2019 SWC

treswright

Postby treswright » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:17 pm

Really excited to see these, and still can't believe the best news of all- they won't be bobbleheads :-D I'm anxious to see what the first Ridez looks like. The Disney exclusive thing doesn't bother me because I'm confident we'll be able to get them online through the Disney Store and I doubt they'll be super-limited. I get most of my Funko fix online anyway, so that's no biggie.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Eloy

Postby Eloy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:36 pm

Just curious why the assumption they would be bobble heads? Marvel Dorbz aren't. When these were first announced, them being bobble heads didn't even come to mind.

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:43 am

Can't wait to see the Ridez!

treswright

Postby treswright » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:39 am

Eloy wrote:Just curious why the assumption they would be bobble heads? Marvel Dorbz aren't. When these were first announced, them being bobble heads didn't even come to mind.

Because Hasbro has the license for SW "action figures". The only way Funko could get around that was to make them bobble heads, evidently that didn't violate the existing license with Hasbro. Whatever agreement Marvel has with Funko and their other licensees has nothing to do with Disney and theirs.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:55 am

jeffcrazy wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:
jeffcrazy wrote:oh snap maybe I should have bought that Sorcerer's Pass for D23 after all.... no probably not still lol

$2,250 ... NOT! [-X

However, I do think IF you buy one, you could easily make the money back. That said, I think I'd have a heart attack trying to sell that many big ticket items... I sold an Xbox One on eBay and was freaking out over that, I can't imagine what shipping a stupid $1000 Doll going to super finicky Disney collector would do to my brain (no offense people who love Disney Limited Edition Dolls!).... "oh there's a smudge on the plastic, ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED gimme a refund!!!"

How do we spell Angst ... e-bay doll collectors. :roflmao:

maythefunkobewithyou

Postby maythefunkobewithyou » Sun May 28, 2017 7:41 pm

Any updates?

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:27 pm

I am very curious to see what we end up getting in the first wave and when we are going to get them.
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:39 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see any news until D23 is actually here. It would be cool if it was a complete surprise for people, but I'm really excited to see what's in store!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun May 28, 2017 8:44 pm

Yeah, I think we won't start seeing these until later but who knows.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:06 pm

Man these have me so nervous. My two favorite things (Dorbz and SW) coming together. Just hope they aren't too too hard to get.
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Sun May 28, 2017 11:47 pm

I'll be at d23 again this year and though I cannot wait to see the SW dorbz, I know sometimes you just won't know anything till the convention starts.
Image Image

WiseHermit

Postby WiseHermit » Mon May 29, 2017 12:53 am

So, is the only place to get these Stars Wars dorbz at this D23 (whatever that is)?
Always in search of super rare Dorbz and anything DC to complete my 800 piece collect

:freddy3:

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon May 29, 2017 12:59 am

WiseHermit wrote:So, is the only place to get these Stars Wars dorbz at this D23 (whatever that is)?

First release of SW Dorbz is D23. Just the beginning! O:)

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Mon May 29, 2017 1:01 am

there goes my money... :freddy2: :freddy3:
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon May 29, 2017 1:02 am

Second look at your question ... I don't know if these particular D23 releases are to be had anywhere else. I mean D23 is the first time we will see SW Dorbz, but that doesn't mean other (different) SW Dorbz won't follow in stores and at later Cons.

Funko_Don

Postby Funko_Don » Mon May 29, 2017 1:59 am

This absolutely scares the crap out of me! I definitely want Star Wars Dorbz, in addition to the Mystery Minis coming out, but this may force my hand into completely focusing on Star Wars going forward! :eek: :eek: :eek:
WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?!

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Dorbz”