D23 Dorbz Clarification

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

D23 Dorbz Clarification

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:52 am

I know there is already a thread covering the glams and release of the D23 Dorbz but has anyone seen any solid confirmation (outside of the “In addition, look for five special exclusives available only at the D23 Expo Disney Store on the show floor!”) regarding the size of each edition and whether or not these are D23 only or First to Market.

I feel like we have heard differing accounts about them being available on the Disney Store after D23 or possible first to market releases or possibly something else entirely.

Like the majority of people here, I won’t be dropping two large on the Sorcerer Package or attending D23 so I will be scouring eBay. I have no issues paying flipper prices as I really want the Star Wars Dorbz, but I would just like to know the above details so I can plan my aftermarket purchase strategy.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Re: D23 Dorbz Clarification

Postby jedik6 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:13 am

I think last year some of what didn't sell out during d23 did make it onto the Disney store site. Not all but some things.

Having said that, if they say first to market, then yes they'll be at Disney store. If not, then no
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:35 am

I thought Brian said these were first to market a while back and would be available in the fall, but the blog post makes it sound like these are just going to be sold on the floor at D23 with no other releases. I'm hoping it's a pretty big run otherwise the eBay prices are going to be silly. I told myself I wanted to collect all the Star Wars Dorbz and that's already looking like a difficult task lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:17 am

Seems to be a lot of speculation on this subject. Only real definitive answer we have so far is from the Q&A saying that these will not be sold outside the show. While that sounds like and end all be all answer, that still kind of leaves room for speculation.....oh my ulcers!

Nick IG: collector.badger

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:17 pm

clashcityrocker33 wrote:I know there is already a thread covering the glams and release of the D23 Dorbz but has anyone seen any solid confirmation (outside of the “In addition, look for five special exclusives available only at the D23 Expo Disney Store on the show floor!”) regarding the size of each edition and whether or not these are D23 only or First to Market.

I feel like we have heard differing accounts about them being available on the Disney Store after D23 or possible first to market releases or possibly something else entirely.

Like the majority of people here, I won’t be dropping two large on the Sorcerer Package or attending D23 so I will be scouring eBay. I have no issues paying flipper prices as I really want the Star Wars Dorbz, but I would just like to know the above details so I can plan my aftermarket purchase strategy.

There's very little information out about D23 at all so far. No real release information for merchandise or product, or how the line will be organized this time around. The past three D23 expos I went to, information on product available was only really had on Thursday night as the Sorcerer Package guests took photos and posted to the internet while inside of the stores. If I find out anything else i'll let you know.
San Diego funatic

clashcityrocker33

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:35 pm

beckysaurus wrote:
clashcityrocker33 wrote:I know there is already a thread covering the glams and release of the D23 Dorbz but has anyone seen any solid confirmation (outside of the “In addition, look for five special exclusives available only at the D23 Expo Disney Store on the show floor!”) regarding the size of each edition and whether or not these are D23 only or First to Market.

There's very little information out about D23 at all so far. No real release information for merchandise or product, or how the line will be organized this time around. The past three D23 expos I went to, information on product available was only really had on Thursday night as the Sorcerer Package guests took photos and posted to the internet while inside of the stores. If I find out anything else i'll let you know.

Thank you B-saurus...
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:58 am

Somebody on FB posted where they responded via twitter and said they won't be shared... however "shared" wouldn't be what I'd call also having it on Disney Store's website or Funko-Shop. Those would just seem like an extension to me, but I guess we'll see.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:53 am

the more i read the less i know......

all you base (sw dorbz) are belong to us (me)
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:40 pm

From what I understand Disney is known for not letting out information of edition sizes, sharing, etc. A better idea will be had once the show starts but even then the cast may not have all the information.

At least this is what other Disney colletors tell me.
Image Image

glassflippers

Postby glassflippers » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:10 am

akagalar wrote:From what I understand Disney is known for not letting out information of edition sizes, sharing, etc. A better idea will be had once the show starts but even then the cast may not have all the information.

I'm glad there are so few releases for D23, makes it seem like the bulk of the releases will be available to more fans than just those attending this show.

Classier

Postby Classier » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:27 am

akagalar wrote:From what I understand Disney is known for not letting out information of edition sizes, sharing, etc. A better idea will be had once the show starts but even then the cast may not have all the information.

The Tsum Tsum sets have had released print numbers before. Same goes for pins.

Corn_Popko

Postby Corn_Popko » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:26 pm

all i know is that the lines just get any exclusive merch will be ridiculous :(. still trying to decide wether to go or not.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:34 pm

If I wasn't working every weekend at my job i would have taken a spontaneous road trip, will dive for taun tuans lol.
What saddens me a bit is if I didn't volunteer to help out that would of been my weekend off.

Along with some cool exclusives funko and non there are some pretty interesting panels this year
- tauntaunking on instagram

Return to “Dorbz”