Dorbz #283 (aka The Case of the Missing Numbers)

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

Dorbz #283 (aka The Case of the Missing Numbers)

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:35 pm

As most people know, there are minor gaps in the Dorbz numbering system. For example, there are no Dorbz #220, #235 - #240, #258, #259, etc. I'm sure there is a reason behind it such as planning ahead and figures being cancelled or figures yet to be released. As I am constantly updating my Dorbz spreadsheet I keep checking those missing numbers to see if I have missed any or if one or more gaps have been filled in.

This brings me to my point (hopefully). I ran a search for "Dorbz #283" (which is unassigned to my knowledge) and it brought up the Dr. Seuss The Cat In The Hat Thing 1 And Thing 2 Vinyl Figure Set. I found it odd because my understanding was that multi-packs are not numerically assigned. However, looking at my spreadsheet, the Dr. Seuss line starts, numerically speaking, at #284 which fits in with the 2-pack being assigned to #283.

So, after all that nonsense I was curious if anyone else has come across any other instances of multi-packs being assigned un-printed or unofficial numbers.

Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: Dorbz #283 (aka The Case of the Missing Numbers)

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:31 am

Huh interesting find! Do any of the other gaps have 2-packs that would fit in nicely with the surrounding numbers?
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Return to “Dorbz”