Shipping Box Overkill for Two Dorbz

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Goofy_Guy

Shipping Box Overkill for Two Dorbz

Postby Goofy_Guy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:21 pm

I just got two dorbz from Disney Store online and I could not believe the size of the box they were shipped in. The height of the box is about 8-9 inches.

My Name Is Sean :goofy:

margarethk

Re: Shipping Box Overkill for Two Dorbz

Postby margarethk » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:30 pm

:eek: lol That's a lot of packaging lol
Margaret

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:32 pm

It’s all they had nearby. Haha.
Damien | Austin, TX | @dcooperfl

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:17 pm

If it's the same size box I received once, it can hold 56 Dorbz total. Just a little bit of overkill.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Holy crap!!! lol

Better than one of those bubble envelopes though I guess....hahahaha
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:36 pm

I guess they know collectors can get about the condition of their boxes lol lol

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:08 pm

I got the same lol did they ship yours in the center? They put my two dorbz in the corner. They had to ship me a replacement and they sent it in a "regular" size box that would of very easily fit two dorbz
- tauntaunking on instagram

Bernie

Postby Bernie » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:11 pm

Better overkill, then just kill-kill....
Fundays 2014
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night 2016
Fundays 2017
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
2020 & 2021 :smt089
Fundays 2022
FDO 9 San Diego

Cccustomspop

Postby Cccustomspop » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:18 pm

Oh that’s hilarious! At least they didn’t squish your boxes with all those air bags
Instagram: cccustomspop
FB: fb.com/cccustomspop

Stitch626

Postby Stitch626 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:32 pm

lol lol that’s funny. I’m glad they arrived ok. Sometimes too much is a bad thing because they bounce around so much.
ImageImage
ImageImage. Image.

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:04 pm

It's Vader...gotta let him breathe.
Funklub: 11181

Goofy_Guy

Postby Goofy_Guy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:02 am

opopssum wrote:I got the same lol did they ship yours in the center? They put my two dorbz in the corner. They had to ship me a replacement and they sent it in a "regular" size box that would of very easily fit two dorbz

Not in the center. One was in a corner and the other was buried below the pillow packs about a 1/3 of the way from the corner on the opposite side from the other. It felt like air when I picked up the box. I almost threw my back out expecting more. lol

Goofy_Guy

Postby Goofy_Guy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:05 am

Squird wrote:It's Vader...gotta let him breathe.

I believe he FORCED them to use a bigger box. When the warehouse people went for a puff pack, they heard "I find your lack of proper shipping procedure disturbing"

Funko_Don

Postby Funko_Don » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:28 pm

I had this same situation happen. I ordered the whole SW Dorbz set, and my Han Solo came damaged. They sent me out a replacement Han in THE SAME HUGE SIZED Box, full of air pillows, and one little Dorbz package in the corner. Just a complete waste of packaging and space. Alas, my Han Solo arrived unharmed! Lol!
WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?!

ImageImageImageImage

smitre

Postby smitre » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:11 pm

My few orders from Disney store have all come boxed like that.

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Goofy_Guy wrote:I just got two dorbz from Disney Store online and I could not believe the size of the box they were shipped in. The height of the box is about 8-9 inches.

Better safe than sorry ;) . I have heard nightmares form fellow Fanatics where certain vendors ship i too small a box and their items are ruined :( . :freddy3:
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

Random_sum1

Postby Random_sum1 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:23 pm

lol lol lol lol
:dkjoker1:

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:28 pm

Lol at least they were well protected.
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

Cmpotter
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cmpotter » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:11 pm

they did the same thing for me...but when I ordered two of each of the star wars dorbz rides and they put those in too small of a box -.- haha can't win!
Image Image

Goofy_Guy

Postby Goofy_Guy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:28 pm

Cmpotter wrote:they did the same thing for me...but when I ordered two of each of the star wars dorbz rides and they put those in too small of a box -.- haha can't win!

It's an inverse relationship equation...The smaller the items, the bigger the box and the reverse if the items are larger. I get it now. See smaller items will get thrown around a lot in a box, so they need a ton of packing protection, so hence the reason for a huge box. Items like Dorbz Ridez are bigger and when they are jammed into a box slightly smaller than they are, they tend not to move around. :roflmao:

Cmpotter
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cmpotter » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:33 pm

Goofy_Guy wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:they did the same thing for me...but when I ordered two of each of the star wars dorbz rides and they put those in too small of a box -.- haha can't win!

It's an inverse relationship equation...The smaller the items, the bigger the box and the reverse if the items are larger. I get it now. See smaller items will get thrown around a lot in a box, so they need a ton of packing protection, so hence the reason for a huge box. Items like Dorbz Ridez are bigger and when they are jammed into a box slightly smaller than they are, they tend not to move around. :roflmao:

lmao sound logic...too bad they all have came damaged because of the packaging :(
Image Image

Goofy_Guy

Postby Goofy_Guy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:49 pm

Cmpotter wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:

lmao sound logic...too bad they all have came damaged because of the packaging :(

Yeah, that does suck. I went through that with getting a Toys-R-Us exclusive Groot w/Bomb. After 4 tries, they got it right. I think someone walked into the warehouse and made sure that it was packed with TLC...probably they outsourced from the Disney Store warehouse.

Cmpotter
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cmpotter » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:54 pm

Goofy_Guy wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:

Yeah, that does suck. I went through that with getting a Toys-R-Us exclusive Groot w/Bomb. After 4 tries, they got it right. I think someone walked into the warehouse and made sure that it was packed with TLC...probably they outsourced from the Disney Store warehouse.

I've had issues with TRU too, I just gave up on getting good boxes. I'm glad Hot Topic and Box Lunch have gotten it right though. Always get perfect boxes with them now!
Image Image

Goofy_Guy

Postby Goofy_Guy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:52 am

Cmpotter wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:

I've had issues with TRU too, I just gave up on getting good boxes. I'm glad Hot Topic and Box Lunch have gotten it right though. Always get perfect boxes with them now!

I've had good success with FYE.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:28 pm

Goofy_Guy wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:

Hot Topic has come a long way. They use to be pretty bad but i assume they have had enough complaints to change their ways.

Goofy_Guy

Postby Goofy_Guy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 pm

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:

Hot Topic has come a long way. They use to be pretty bad but i assume they have had enough complaints to change their ways.

They have and I know I greatly appreciate them protecting the Funko Pops! and Dorbz better.

Goofy_Guy

Postby Goofy_Guy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:38 pm

So I got another box from Disney and this one had 2 of the GOTG 2-Packs. The box was just about right for them and they came through unharmed. Maybe they got the two orders mixed up and the 2 single dorbz was meant for this box and the 2 2-packs was meant for the huge one. :roflmao:

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Goofy_Guy wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:

They have and I know I greatly appreciate them protecting the Funko Pops! and Dorbz better.

Doesn’t get much better than double boxing. I try to double box when i send stuff out as much as i can.

Goofy_Guy

Postby Goofy_Guy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:43 pm

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Doesn’t get much better than double boxing. I try to double box when i send stuff out as much as i can.

I do too, thanks to Hot Topic and Funko supplying me with an assortment of both to reuse.

Cmpotter
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cmpotter » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:16 pm

Goofy_Guy wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:

I do too, thanks to Hot Topic and Funko supplying me with an assortment of both to reuse.

Yeah love using those boxes Funko and Hot Topic send out to double box pops!
Image Image

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:50 am

Goofy_Guy wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:

That is very nice of them I agree! Target has recently started to use these boxes as well from what I recently saw.

Cccustomspop

Postby Cccustomspop » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:52 am

I think the only retailer that has learned how to properly ship is HT. I love the individual boxes the put each pop/dorbz in now.
Instagram: cccustomspop
FB: fb.com/cccustomspop

Goofy_Guy

Postby Goofy_Guy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:23 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

That is very nice of them I agree! Target has recently started to use these boxes as well from what I recently saw.

I like that Target is sending the Pops! in a box, then putting that one inside a bigger one. The interior box is the perfect size to use for one Pop!, that is inside one of those HT/Funko Shop boxes and having that box wrapped by one layer of Green bubble wrap from Funko. I don't have to go to Staples or Office Depot as long as I keep buying Pops! from those two retailers. Now if I can only get them to send me rolls of packing tape too. ;-)

CarolDixon

Postby CarolDixon » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:26 am

Goofy_Guy wrote:I just got two dorbz from Disney Store online and I could not believe the size of the box they were shipped in. The height of the box is about 8-9 inches.

WOW. Especially after I read the comment that someone said it can hold 56 Dorbz... that’s a lot more than overkill haha

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:11 am

Still better than TRU packaging. I got a dorb in a bubble envelope :/

JimmyD

Postby JimmyD » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:32 am

I got a bag of dog treats that was the size of a small bag of chips from Amazon once that was in a box that was about 3x3 feet. It was full of bags of air. I was so amazed that I did a unboxing video and posted it to their FB.

Teoqeg

Postby Teoqeg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:51 am

JimmyD wrote:I got a bag of dog treats that was the size of a small bag of chips from Amazon once that was in a box that was about 3x3 feet. It was full of bags of air. I was so amazed that I did a unboxing video and posted it to their FB.

Babahha did they respond?!

JimmyD

Postby JimmyD » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:07 am

Teoqeg wrote:
JimmyD wrote:I got a bag of dog treats that was the size of a small bag of chips from Amazon once that was in a box that was about 3x3 feet. It was full of bags of air. I was so amazed that I did a unboxing video and posted it to their FB.

Babahha did they respond?!

Yep! They apologized for the shipping box and said they will do better next time. I thought it was one of the funniest things ever.

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:13 am

Goofy_Guy wrote:

They were just shipped in such a fun bounce house! Lol
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:43 am

Goofy_Guy wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:

I like that Target is sending the Pops! in a box, then putting that one inside a bigger one. The interior box is the perfect size to use for one Pop!, that is inside one of those HT/Funko Shop boxes and having that box wrapped by one layer of Green bubble wrap from Funko. I don't have to go to Staples or Office Depot as long as I keep buying Pops! from those two retailers. Now if I can only get them to send me rolls of packing tape too. ;-)

Haha! It would be nice if tape could be reused as well. Thankfully I don’t send out often enough so the stuff I get from the shop take care of all the boxes and green bubble wrap I could need.

Return to “Dorbz”