Dorbz Silence (hear the crickets?)

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Raypunz

Re: Dorbz Silence (hear the crickets?)

Postby Raypunz » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:54 am

Brian@Funko wrote:Dorbz will be around for a while. Count on that. But we are being more selective and we have a new retail strategy that is coming soon that I think fans will like!!

Can’t wait to see what the plan is! Hoping a couple sweet dorbz exclusives are planned for Sdcc

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

Sesicat

Postby Sesicat » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:03 am

PopGoestheJess wrote:If they will all be convention or retailer exclusive, that would be fine with me. It's better than not being made at all.

I like that idea too. All the ones I like tend to be exclusives.

JorEl15

Postby JorEl15 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:06 am

As long as I still see more Freddy Dorbz I'll be happy. I have chosen specific lines to be dorbz specific. :freddy4:
1st Pop: Avengers 2 Hulk

ISO: Red Metallic Hulk, Wicked Witch, Batman Silver 2011-2013 SDCC/NYCC Variants

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:57 pm

I love Dorbz..again, I wonder if the price was more proportionate to the size, would that help drive demand? Glad to hear from Brian that they’re still on the table!

grasshoppa_95

Postby grasshoppa_95 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:25 am

Sesicat wrote:
PopGoestheJess wrote:If they will all be convention or retailer exclusive, that would be fine with me. It's better than not being made at all.

Agreed, I think this would be a smart move. It would make them "rarer" and maybe more sought after. But I'm just glad to hear dorbz are sticking around!
The name is Nick :hello2: I've owned Pops since 2015, but really started collecting in 2017!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Breakfast Club - Fundays 2018

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:49 am

Pops will stay my #1 but I also really like Dorbz and kinda feel like they are the way pops used to be. Not as much hype and not that hard to find if you know where to look.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:11 am

grasshoppa_95 wrote:
Sesicat wrote:

Agreed, I think this would be a smart move. It would make them "rarer" and maybe more sought after. But I'm just glad to hear dorbz are sticking around!

There were rare at the beginning I think and people really liked that. Probably means rare ones at SDCC to start.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:48 pm

Brian@Funko wrote:Dorbz will be around for a while. Count on that. But we are being more selective and we have a new retail strategy that is coming soon that I think fans will like!!

I love the Dorbz line! Thank you for the comment here to let us know they are still coming and won’t be dying out!

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:43 pm

Echooooooo!!

Still quiet. So very quiet :-({|=
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Treasuredgirl

Postby Treasuredgirl » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:52 pm

To be honest I like Dorbz, I do however see them being less popular now sadly. I didn't even know that the Ren and Stimpy ones were released on HT site. I came across them just looking the other night and picked them up. Normally there would have been an announcement about them going up but didn't see any at all. I've collected almost all the Disney ones and other characters that I like.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Admin in the KY Funko League of Awesomeness
Pop Count: 1,100+
Dorbz Count: 100+
IG: Treasuredgirl

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:18 pm

To be completely honest... I'm not too mad about this. Never was a huge fan. Not saying that I WANTED them to fail, but I think it's good that Funko has started trying more new ideas.
My name is Morgan. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna proto
@superfunkobros

Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Kaljor wrote:Dorbz are so last year!!

haha..not my fav item either :compress:
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:13 pm

I think in order for dorbz to be special, they need to be characters or variants of characters that only are made as dorbz. The overlap with pop versions kill the interest, cuz people will opt for the more popular pop version. It's hard to just do a character exclusively as a dorbz -especially if they are popular- because people will riot, but an exclusive variant...that's something I think most people can get behind, where the specialty types are only what dorbz are, or if characters are only dorbz they are obscure and never can become pop form.

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:36 pm

PopGoestheJess wrote:What's going on? There hasn't been a major Dorbz announcement since A:IW line up release. What's going on? I went to GameStop to preorder the Hellboy set and they said NOT SHOWING IN SYSTEM. The only ones they had on their list was Rick and Morty (which is already out). I know the Solo set it due out in a week or so, but aside from those...Nuttin. Can you hear the crickets? :-({|=

Where them Dorbz at? Hmmm? Somebody? Anybody?

I feel like there is a huge lack in production. Naturally pops are at the top of the game, but I also don't think there has been anything for a while. Maybe we're waiting in anticipation for a big release?

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:10 am

JorEl15 wrote:As long as I still see more Freddy Dorbz I'll be happy. I have chosen specific lines to be dorbz specific. :freddy4:

Yessss! I love the Freddy dorbz! I hope there are Moore sdcc Freddy’s!

jaimzzy

Postby jaimzzy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:13 am

I really love the dorbz line. But as people here have said, dorbz lack the certain creativity that Pops bring. Poses for instance. But I still cant resist the cuteness of dorbz. Hope they will do the other race carts dorbz ride from Wreck it Ralph. I would love to see that on my shelf.
Hi! I'm Jaime.

Wishlist
-SDCC 2011 Spiderman #03
-SDCC 2012 Spiderman #15
-Japan Premiere Spiderman #45
-Signed Stan Lee

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:56 am

Yo.
SDCC made a bit of noise. 'Twas awesome. Now what? Lol
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Annie_May13

Postby Annie_May13 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:40 pm

So no new Dorbz reveals at Fundays :( I was hoping for something but oh well...hopefully in the future we see another announcement. I for one am glad there were no exclusive Dorbz though at Fundays...still trying to catch up on my freddy Dorbz from all the releases last year
༻❀༺Girly girl from Texas who loves pink༻❀༺

༻♥༺Dream Pops: Studio Ghibli, Cardcaptor Sakura, more Sailor Moon, Rogue, Pokemon, and FruBa༻♥༺

Image Image ImageImage

Zt781

Postby Zt781 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:16 pm

I just got Spider Ham! I like these things and don't think they will dye out anytime soon. Everything goes in phases.
i have nothing fancy, only a name. They call me Zach.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:56 pm

I got the cereal 4 pack, crazy it's still available. Don't get the dorb hate.

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:49 pm

Annie_May13 wrote:So no new Dorbz reveals at Fundays :( I was hoping for something but oh well...hopefully in the future we see another announcement. I for one am glad there were no exclusive Dorbz though at Fundays...still trying to catch up on my freddy Dorbz from all the releases last year

It seems the focus is now on Vynl and 5 Star. Don't think I'm into the 5 Star but have been on the fence with Vynl. Still only about 20 released so far to not much to catch up if Dorbz go away.
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

stevenxanthony

Postby stevenxanthony » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:20 am

I'm worried about Dorbz after seeing there were no reveals at Fundays. I hope they aren't going away :(
Proto Collector - Anime Fan - Music Fan - Photographer

IG: stevenxanthony
Twitter: @steven_anthony

Return to “Dorbz”