Are Dorbz falling off the Funko Train?

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Lyndsay_wagner

Why so much hate for Dorbz?

Postby Lyndsay_wagner » Wed May 09, 2018 7:28 pm

Why is there so much hate for Dorbz?
ImageImage
Image ImageImageImage
Instagram: Lyndsaywagner

Oatmealman

Re: Why so much hate for Dorbz?

Postby Oatmealman » Wed May 09, 2018 7:36 pm

I don't know that it's hate.. as much as interest level. Pop has been a juggernaut for a long time and some people don't have a taste for the dorbz line or any other line Funko puts out. That doesn't mean they're not awesome, just means they don't appeal to everyone! Wobbler collectors probably didn't like the idea of Pop when it first came out, and look at them now!
First Pop! - TMNT GITD 4-pack
First Dorbz - NYCC TMNT Dorbz
Most Recent - 10" friggin PORG
My name is Matt

nonotglenn

Postby nonotglenn » Wed May 09, 2018 7:53 pm

Oatmealman wrote:I don't know that it's hate.. as much as interest level. Pop has been a juggernaut for a long time and some people don't have a taste for the dorbz line or any other line Funko puts out. That doesn't mean they're not awesome, just means they don't appeal to everyone! Wobbler collectors probably didn't like the idea of Pop when it first came out, and look at them now!

That is true. For me I prefer some of the dorbz to their Pop counterparts..but its mostly because they are so dang cute! :bounce:

Crazykidrev

Postby Crazykidrev » Wed May 09, 2018 8:06 pm

I just think not a lot of people have a preference of Dorbz over Pops. I'm pretty mixed with them as well. Although i don't have a lot of Dorbz in my collection, i can't help but smile when i see them with how cute they are!

Space wise, they are definitely better to have since they barely take u any compared to regular pops
Image Image Image
Image Image

What's up! I'm Stephan
ISO: Freddy Flux Photon/ Deadpool Protos
Instagram: Crazykidpopz

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Wed May 09, 2018 8:10 pm

I tried to get into Dorbz but I always go back to pops
Jerry

ISO: Harry Potter on Broom Proto

nikkadaniella

Postby nikkadaniella » Wed May 09, 2018 8:27 pm

I love Dorbz! I'm starting to REALLY love the VYNL line as well
IG: @iheartfunko
Image Image

d3postman

Postby d3postman » Wed May 09, 2018 8:52 pm

For the Funko Shop item today, there was a ton of hate on IG about it. I kinda liked todays item haha

levixkelly

Postby levixkelly » Wed May 09, 2018 8:58 pm

I think they’re cute, I just don’t have room to collect them haha
Hi, I'm Levi
Instagram: @popxcollector
Pop Count
: 430
My Collection:
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... LKPJBQC90/

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed May 09, 2018 9:00 pm

I know a lot of people bag on dorbz, and there are a few that I dont think translated to well to the style but I love them, they are so cute. I love the roundness, it makes everything the vinyl version of a fat lil puppy. I hope the style is in it for the long run, at least until they make a few more of my favorite characters. They just need to make a chrome batman 3 pack and the masses will flock.

Sesicat

Postby Sesicat » Wed May 09, 2018 9:20 pm

I used to eye roll at Dorbz lol... but now I have quite a few and love the flocked ones. I picked up the one today from Funko Shop for my boyfriend because dorbz or not its Spider Man!! How can you hate on Spiderman?

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Wed May 09, 2018 9:25 pm

They aren’t pops is the simple answer. Too many people have too much time, money and space invested in Pops to consider another line. However that doesn’t justify the complete poisoning of social media because you aren’t happy your personal favorite collectible wasn’t for sale today. I just collect what I like and try to avoid social media.
The only team that matters!

Valde
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Valde » Wed May 09, 2018 9:41 pm

I don’t hate them, they’re just about better than Pops to me. I definitely have over 100 now. I guess everyone likes what they like but as said above they’re not Pops.

The better question is where are more Dorbz XL?
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Classier

Postby Classier » Wed May 09, 2018 9:57 pm

Completely unjustified imo. Some people (who are thankfully not on here) love to reject anything Funko makes if it isn’t a pop, which is very annoying.

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Wed May 09, 2018 10:27 pm

I only have horror, mmpr and batman TAS Dorbz...They peak my interest,most others don't but to each their own tho. :D

Annie_May13

Postby Annie_May13 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:40 pm

I think it’s just that they’re also not as pushed or made of as much as the pop line. I love all my Dorbz and they’re some of the ones I have out in my room since they take up less space but some characters just aren’t meant to be cute like Dorbz, as my Funko co worker says. I think they’ll grow on some people and others will continue to not like it as much. It’s just personal preference IMO.
༻❀༺Girly girl from Texas who loves pink༻❀༺

༻♥༺Dream Pops: Studio Ghibli, Cardcaptor Sakura, more Sailor Moon, Rogue, Pokemon, and FruBa༻♥༺

Image Image ImageImageImage

Icetenka

Postby Icetenka » Thu May 10, 2018 12:07 am

I don’t know why people bash on them. If you like it,cool. If you don’t move on. I like Dorbz, but prefer Pops
Wants:
Flash POP Proto
Blue Lantern Flash GITD Dorbz

Djshivers

Postby Djshivers » Thu May 10, 2018 12:08 am

I don't know why they hate on those cute little things, I have a bunch of Batman and power rangers dorbz
My name is Ricky aka Pop_N_Kicks :freddy3:
POP Count 740
Mini's Count 50
Pint Size Heroes Count 34
Dorbz Count 25

monktoast

Postby monktoast » Thu May 10, 2018 12:15 am

I think the over the top cuteness factor is a turn off to some..also that it's hard enough to collect pops.

Me..I LOVE dorbz..they are a perfect counter to the creepiness of pops. The smiles and just fun look to them is great. Once I got one i cant stop now..but I'm kinda like that with all things funko they just do amazing work
Image Image

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Thu May 10, 2018 1:55 am

I think the Dorbz are adorable. I only have a handful of them simply because I lack the room to seriously start collecting. Just need to get my act together and organize my room, I can make it happen.

Lyndsay_wagner

Postby Lyndsay_wagner » Thu May 10, 2018 2:27 am

d3postman wrote:For the Funko Shop item today, there was a ton of hate on IG about it. I kinda liked todays item haha

I guess that is why I made the post. I saw a lot of hate about the Funko shop item. I don’t understand that.
ImageImage
Image ImageImageImage
Instagram: Lyndsaywagner

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Thu May 10, 2018 9:34 am

Dorbz are better than Pops conceptually. I have more Dorbz of different characters than I do of Pops. (I collect only Batgirl Pops, though I also got the two Speedy Pops since there probably won't be anymore Speedy products due to her leaving Arrow.)

Pops are supposed to not have mouths, yet some characters are essentially defined by their mouths. That results in Funko having to deviate from the "no mouths" style standard. The smaller/thinner bodies that they started using for female and children characters are susceptible to leaning and warping. Dorbz aren't likely to lean or warp.

I do wish that QC was better (especially with regards to the arms and glue slop), though better QC is something that's desirable for all Funko products.

Purplemz24

Postby Purplemz24 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:49 am

I got into Dorbz right away. I couldn't help but love how cute and adorable they are. Easy to carry around too for pictures since I try to always have something with me. It also allowed me to extend my collection. I didn't get many Marvel pops because they are bobble heads and I'm always afaird to messing them up or popping their heads off. With dorbz I don't have those same worries. Also, going back to pictures, they have a flat bottom so they don't have to worry about them falling over when trying to get that perfect shot.

I also converted a few people who NEVER thought they'd get into dorbz.....they are like a small victory for me lol
Yessie
IG-> Purplemz24
I play with my Funko pieces... Yes even the grails...

ISO BATWOMAN PROTOS (POP, DORBZ and ROCKCANDY Versions)

ImageImage

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:54 am

I think most Dorbz are adorable and then there are ones that I go, uh NO! Simply because maybe it didn't translate well in my opinion.

I do have Dorbz in my collection and will continue to add them to it.
ImageImage Image ImageImage

Kaosu

Postby Kaosu » Thu May 10, 2018 9:54 am

I don't hate dorbz, I have about 50 of them. The problem with me is I'm running out of space with the 10", 9" and regular pops So not much room to start collecting other lines. I think most of the people that hate dorbz on social media is because they can't flip them like a pop.
Hello!! My name is Jonathan
Houston Funko Funatics
ImageImageImageImage

CaseyJones14
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:05 am

Because the Internet is full of trolls. People hate on EVERYTHING no matter what it is. Then you have mob mentality and people just follow the leader and continue to lay the hate on. I saw one of the big IG Funko news accounts post a meme yesterday so of course people talked a ton of smack in the comment section. Now if the Dorbz was a LE 1,000 cereal ad icon then people would be praising the Dorbz and saying how much they adore Dorbz and wish there were more.

The Internet really is a wonderful place lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

Baseman314

Postby Baseman314 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:08 am

I dont hate dorbz they just aren't my thing to collect. I mean some of them look cute and things.
Pops: 2300
Dorbz: 5
Rock Candy: 65
Mystery Mini: 150

wafflemaker222

Postby wafflemaker222 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:59 am

For me, I wouldn't say that I hate them, its just not my thing. (Now every once in a while I will go for one) My biggest complaint about dorbz (and this is my OCD kicking in) is that the boxes are just slightly smaller than the regular pops and I cannot stack them with my pops because of the different with and length.

Small thing, I know. But maybe that's just me.

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Thu May 10, 2018 12:14 pm

Stack the Dorbz on top of the Pops. Problem solved. ;)

masteryoda69

Postby masteryoda69 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:15 pm

Honestly, Dorbz are not that bad at all. i have the Futurama set and will be getting the RaM set. Bought the wifey Winnie the Pooh set recently. The Dorbz ride are awesome too. I think the kills it for people is the prices. Couple $$$ more and you can get the pop version.

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Thu May 10, 2018 12:16 pm

No hate here. I love Dorbz!
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:40 pm

I love Dorbz! I have a ton in my collection and do not expect to stop collecting any time soon.

I think most of the hate comes when a Dorbz is revealed as a Funko Shop item instead of a POP. POP is clearly more popular, but the shop has to change it up every once in a while lol
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

outsidethebox_ca

Postby outsidethebox_ca » Thu May 10, 2018 12:49 pm

I'm a huge dorbz fan and my buddies always give me a hard time about it. I just think its not the most appealing to everyone and perhaps too cute.

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Thu May 10, 2018 12:57 pm

no idea! dorbz are awesome! i think they are incredibly cool and sometimes prefer them over pops
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:13 pm

Zae05 wrote:I love Dorbz! I have a ton in my collection and do not expect to stop collecting any time soon.

I think most of the hate comes when a Dorbz is revealed as a Funko Shop item instead of a POP. POP is clearly more popular, but the shop has to change it up every once in a while lol

Yeah, I think this about sums it up. Generally there isn't that much hate for Dorbz (though most really do prefer Pops over Dorbz), but the general reaction was just amplified yesterday since everyone was expecting the Stonekeeper Pop to be up on Funko Shop. Only to be greeted by Iron Spider in Dorbz form (which actually looks pretty good imo!)
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:21 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:
Zae05 wrote:I love Dorbz! I have a ton in my collection and do not expect to stop collecting any time soon.

Yeah, I think this about sums it up. Generally there isn't that much hate for Dorbz (though most really do prefer Pops over Dorbz), but the general reaction was just amplified yesterday since everyone was expecting the Stonekeeper Pop to be up on Funko Shop. Only to be greeted by Iron Spider in Dorbz form (which actually looks pretty good imo!)

I was hoping for Stonekeeper as well, but the Iron Spider Dorbz does looks amazing. I was happy with the drop and placed an order right way :)
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Thu May 10, 2018 1:27 pm

I feel like people treat Dorbz like the little brother to Pop, and so it gets picked on a lot. People should relax and collect what they like instead of bashing on what other people like.

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:25 pm

People hate what they don't understand

Macmill22

Postby Macmill22 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:36 pm

Lyndsay_wagner wrote:Why is there so much hate for Dorbz?

Some people just don’t appreciate happiness. Like look at those cute smiling faces :)
950+ pops, dorbz, minis, psh, patches, and pins.
Follow my funko life on Instagram @macmill22 :freddy1:

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:26 pm

I like my dorbz. They are cool.

Jenster521

Postby Jenster521 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:55 pm

I dont get it either. Theyre cute and affordable. It just means more for me and you! lol

Return to “Dorbz”