Are Dorbz falling off the Funko Train?

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
GettingSodas

Re: Why so much hate for Dorbz?

Postby GettingSodas » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:04 pm

wmwadeii wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:Dorbz haters will change their minds and join us one day...one day...

Lmao exactly
:freddy3:

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:05 pm

pinklaquer wrote:
wmwadeii wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:Dorbz haters will change their minds and join us one day...one day...

I wasn't the biggest Dorbz fan once upon a time... And all it took was that one figure... and down the rabbit hole I went! :freddy4:

Which one?

drachenfells

Postby drachenfells » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:34 pm

It took me awhile to get into Dorbz, but as soon as i got the Shaun Of The Dead ones it opened the floodgate to getting a load more.

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:47 am

I think some things just work better in dorbz form as well. For example I only buy Pops of things I really like so my collection doesn’t get too crazy. I have Alien and Predator but I didn’t need all the other characters. I recently got the face hugger dorbz because I feel like it’s just much cooler in that form and with dorbz I feel like I can get away with getting pieces like that, where with pops I feel like there’s no need (personally) to have that unless you’re a massive Alien fan.

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:54 am

Dorbz , take up less room, they have mouths. They are cute! I love them, must have them all. \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.
ISO~ Flocked Lotso. And a Bobs big boy pop.

Pops and Dorbz -1750~~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays
And
Baby Groot with bomb from this years fundays.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:59 pm

Shalee04 wrote:Dorbz , take up less room, they have mouths. They are cute! I love them, must have them all. \:D/

Mouths but not really any eyes... lol I think the main drawback for the majority of the Dorbz is they just look weird, and almost like Fisher Price toys... I mean, come on, look at Kingpin from Daredevil, there's no real identity or personality for some of them. Then some just don't work with the rounded head, like Reptar.

I basically started getting into certain things because I couldn't get all the Pops or didn't like the Pops. I don't like bobbleheads so I will not get Marvel, but I wanted Groot so I got the SDCC mossy Groot Dorbz and the HT Rocket which lead to the X-Men ones because I love X-Men but hate bobbleheads lol Then I got Aladdin because those old Pops are untouchable and I don't start sets I can never complete. Also have the Wreck It Ralph ones because I didn't like how the Pops looked. It just depends on each one.

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:57 am

I like pops and dorbz. The interest level is different by far.

wmwadeii

Lack of Dorbz Announcements at Fundays

Postby wmwadeii » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:03 am

I'm a little disappointed and worried at the same time. What's everyone's thoughts?

Looks like the focus is now on Vynl and 5 Star, don't think I'll pick up the 5 star but if I want a second line to collect guess it's not too late to get the Vynl think so far with what is releasing in the next few months there about 20 total released.
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

Rmtat

Re: Lack of Dorbz Announcements at Fundays

Postby Rmtat » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:38 am

wmwadeii wrote:I'm a little disappointed and worried at the same time. What's everyone's thoughts?

Looks like the focus is now on Vynl and 5 Star, don't think I'll pick up the 5 star but if I want a second line to collect guess it's not too late to get the Vynl think so far with what is releasing in the next few months there about 20 total released.

Ya feels like they've given up on dorbz. The price point is lower so guess they feel it's not enough of a money maker

Xeno

Postby Xeno » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:41 am

Yea I think Dorbz dont sell well enough to continue to be made( just guessing)

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:44 am

I liked the SDCC Exclusive Dorbz this year though. The Red Skull is cool and the Ren/ Stimpy 2-pack goes good with the POPs.
:freddy4: Wazzup!

jaimzzy

Postby jaimzzy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:37 am

I liked the dorbz but i also feel the same way. Funko might think dorbz dont sell enough thats why there not much dorbz this year. If theyll be more limited in numbers when they release a certain dorbz i guess that will rekindle the flames of dorbz collectors.
Hi! I'm Jaime.

Wishlist
-SDCC 2011 Spiderman #03
-SDCC 2012 Spiderman #15
-Japan Premiere Spiderman #45
-Signed Stan Lee

jaimzzy

Postby jaimzzy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:39 am

Dorbz rides rocks for me! And it doesnt take too much space unlike pop rides.
Hi! I'm Jaime.

Wishlist
-SDCC 2011 Spiderman #03
-SDCC 2012 Spiderman #15
-Japan Premiere Spiderman #45
-Signed Stan Lee

Obi Fun Kenobi

Postby Obi Fun Kenobi » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:06 am

I just started buying these. I think it’s a budget thing for me. It’s hard to embrace new lines when the older ones are so prolific.
-- Robert

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:15 am

jaimzzy wrote:I liked the dorbz but i also feel the same way. Funko might think dorbz dont sell enough thats why there not much dorbz this year. If theyll be more limited in numbers when they release a certain dorbz i guess that will rekindle the flames of dorbz collectors.

Yeah if you look at the last few releases the entire line or most of it is now LE. While I'll be sad if that day comes, on the bright side it means there is an end # that I'd have to still get.
Images Unplugged

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:15 pm

I really am sad to say it but the line appears to be coming closer to a close, SDCC had fewer Dorbz as previous years, all the recent retail releases are limited editions and no Fundays announcements. We still have time with it though and it should be used to fill obvious character holes. There are definitely a list of Dorbz I'd like to see made before they are finished.
It doesn't matter the amount you have or length you collected, but that you're happy with what you own

Current Goal: Get The Three Caballeros created as Pops (or Dorbz/Vynl!)

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:39 pm

I was really surprised (and disappointed) that there weren’t any Dorbz Freddy’s ...or if there were, then they were so low key that I missed them

Classier

Postby Classier » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:40 pm

I think Dorbz are just going away for a while. Maybe what we need is a little break from them for a bit, so when they come back we’ll want them even more.

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:09 pm

I'm not the biggest dorbz collector and I know they don't sell as well as pops so I'm not surprised, but I will say the GOT dragons were a hit. They were my top wants and several people I talked to picked them up despite not collecting the dorbz line.

Pops: 177//Pocket Pops: 10//Dorbz: 6//PSH: 13//Mystery Minis: 26//Rock Candy: 2//Plushies: 6//Tees: 7//Loungefly: 1//Vynl: 1//Vinyl: 1//Wobblers: 1//Protos: 2

Hyped for: Metallic Beast Boy
Hoping for: Kirishima pop
Saving up for: Scott Pilgrim Astro Boy shirt

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:12 pm

Brian actually posted not too long ago that Dorbz aren't going away completely, but there there's a new retail strategy for them. I'm guessing the 'new retail strategy' is that they will be almost entirely exclusives of some sort to get the sales boost from the sticker on the box. You don't have to be an expert in the field of retail sales to see that Dorbz just didn't take off full force as huge numbers of them sat on shelves until being clearance out at super low prices. Heck, GameStop was regularly selling Dorbz on clearance for under $2.00. The line just wasn't profitable enough to continue the number of releases they had been doing. I suspect that Pint Size Heroes have met the same fate for the most part.

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:35 pm

I think they're rebooting the 'selling strategy' on them. My guess is that releasing 100+ figures in that first year was overkill.
Oh, nevermind. See the post above.
Funklub: 11181

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:52 am

Quazimoto wrote:Brian actually posted not too long ago that Dorbz aren't going away completely, but there there's a new retail strategy for them. I'm guessing the 'new retail strategy' is that they will be almost entirely exclusives of some sort to get the sales boost from the sticker on the box. You don't have to be an expert in the field of retail sales to see that Dorbz just didn't take off full force as huge numbers of them sat on shelves until being clearance out at super low prices. Heck, GameStop was regularly selling Dorbz on clearance for under $2.00. The line just wasn't profitable enough to continue the number of releases they had been doing. I suspect that Pint Size Heroes have met the same fate for the most part.

Yeah similar thread going on over in that forum as well for PSH. Both are popular to their niche market but not wide enough for the average person to just pick up I guess. While the new 5 Star line kinda fits into both the collector territory and the toy category since they are articulated and have accessories. Honestly thing that is the miss on the HeroWorld line they should have been more like action figures with accessories since they were in the toy section at Target, kinda hard to play with a static figure.
Images Unplugged

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:06 am

If any line permanently replaced them (which doesn’t seem to be the case) I’d hope it’s Vynl. I love that, but aren’t too fond of 5 Star at all.

CaseyJones14
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:15 am

#Dorbz4Life

Don't think they are going away, just won't see as many and they'll just be exclusives.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:47 am

GettingSodas wrote:If any line permanently replaced them (which doesn’t seem to be the case) I’d hope it’s Vynl. I love that, but aren’t too fond of 5 Star at all.

Have you seen the 5 Star in person? Pictures don't do them justice, in my opinion.

I really like Dorbz and hope they continue to put them out. There's so much potential for R&M lol
I'm Abe

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:59 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:If any line permanently replaced them (which doesn’t seem to be the case) I’d hope it’s Vynl. I love that, but aren’t too fond of 5 Star at all.

Have you seen the 5 Star in person? Pictures don't do them justice, in my opinion.

I really like Dorbz and hope they continue to put them out. There's so much potential for R&M lol

I have but only Harry Potter which I’m not a fan of.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:21 pm

I'm perfectly fine with less Dorbz being released, so long as they are quality choices.

By quality choices, I mean only the figure lines I collect.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:24 pm

GettingSodas wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:

I have but only Harry Potter which I’m not a fan of.

I saw the HP ones as well, and while cute they just remind me of Mystery Minis with some articulation and accessories, way overpriced IMO. Should be about the same as Dorbz but most places have them the same as a Pop!
Images Unplugged

chezpopp

Postby chezpopp » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:37 pm

Rip serenity ride. Was hoping for some some leaks from fundays for new dorbz.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:07 pm

Optimistic wrote:I really am sad to say it but the line appears to be coming closer to a close, SDCC had fewer Dorbz as previous years, all the recent retail releases are limited editions and no Fundays announcements. We still have time with it though and it should be used to fill obvious character holes. There are definitely a list of Dorbz I'd like to see made before they are finished.

I agree that it sadly appears this line is at its end. Even in our boxes of fun we had a Stranger Things common. (Instantly made my friends and I think that they must have had a hard time selling them in stores.) I really wish they continue to sell them, but it’s not looking good. If they can keep selling them as exclusives so we can finish lines that would be awesome.
Image ImageImage

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:32 am

Now the question is will any of the "leaked" toy fair Dorbz come to fruition. I know there was plans for a few more Marvel but only Squirrel Girl was released, and I know Wreck it Ralph was planned too. Fingers crossed they decide to maybe slow down to 1 line a month or 2-3 individual specialty series a month. No more "repaints" please.
Images Unplugged

Valde
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Valde » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:49 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:#Dorbz4Life

Don't think they are going away, just won't see as many and they'll just be exclusives.

I think if they put that 5000 Limited sticker on all the Dorbz they would sell much better and won’t sit on shelves for months. I hope we can still see some for upcoming movies though.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:40 am

I love dorbz. I do hope they will finish all the racers in the Wacky Races Dorbz Ridez set.
Hi, my name is Calvin!

Image Image

IG: karubin_funko

Pop!: 1,100+
Dorbz: 120+
ISO: Jollibee Reg. & Metallic
Recent Haul: Gold Chrome Vegeta TT

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:16 am

wmwadeii wrote:Now the question is will any of the "leaked" toy fair Dorbz come to fruition. I know there was plans for a few more Marvel but only Squirrel Girl was released, and I know Wreck it Ralph was planned too. Fingers crossed they decide to maybe slow down to 1 line a month or 2-3 individual specialty series a month. No more "repaints" please.

Forgot about those. Hope they still happen.

kingdomcustoms

Postby kingdomcustoms » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:24 am

For me, personally, I'd end up buying more Dorbz if it wasn't for all the 2-packs and 4-packs when you're only really interested in 1 or 2 of them. Take Capt and Red Skull, if Red Skull had been released individually I'd be surprised to see it not sell out. Like someone else said, it wouldn't surprise me if the common Dorbz are a thing of the past and they just release LE (like HT ones) or super LE versions, or stick them in sub boxes with the retailers, etc.
:freddy2:
Pop Count: 208; Latest: Professor Quirrell
Dorbz Count: 58; Latest: Wonder Woman Invisibe Jet
Rock Candy's: 24; Latest Pocahontas
Favourite Pop's: Dracula, Pain & Panic, OG Belle
Favourite Dorbz: Alice 4-pack, Green Arrow/Black Canary, Penelope Pitstop
Favourite Rock Candy's: Sirius, Bellatrix, and Jessica Rabbit
Custom Count: 24 Pops, 4 PSH, 43 Dorbz, 16 Misc; Most Recent: Evan Hansen Dorbz

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:52 am

Same process for Blox. :(
Name: David
Pop count: 370
Dorbz: 6
Collection: https://stashpedia.com/u/wash2366/collection

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:59 am

Very disappoint. :(

Knew something was up when none were announced for Ant-man and The Wasp. Now we probably won't get any for Aquaman or Shazam.

Brb. Going to cry in a corner. :-({|=
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:05 am

I was sad to see no Dorbz or retro Freddy's...
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.
ISO~ Flocked Lotso. And a Bobs big boy pop.

Pops and Dorbz -1750~~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays
And
Baby Groot with bomb from this years fundays.

Funko_Don

Postby Funko_Don » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:37 am

I was a bit surprised there weren't any new Dorbz announcements at Fundays. Brian has mentioned that Dorbz aren't going anywhere, so still hoping we see some good stuff coming up. I'm too deep into Dorbz to stop now, and there were some great SDCC Dorbz this year! Not that my wallet can handle it, but I'd like to see Funko keep going with the Ad Icons to match the Pops and Vynl.
WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?!

ImageImageImageImage

lavery01

Postby lavery01 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:15 pm

I like the dorbz line but I like the vynl's a little better. I collect both. :freddy2:
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Return to “Dorbz”