Are Dorbz falling off the Funko Train?

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Optimistic

Re: Lack of Dorbz Announcements at Fundays

Postby Optimistic » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:31 pm

dexiesmom wrote:I totally agree with both of you. It is a bummer that once they get so amazing looking they are getting released so rarely. But if we can get them released on the Funko shop ever so often and at conventions and have them look as good as they do, then I am all for it! I know Funko often reads the boards so I am sure if we make a 'wish list' thread they will read it. ;-) ;-)

If we go down the route of Specialty Series, Funko Shop and Con exclusives being the main way that we are getting Dorbz in the future (with some store exclusives and regular retail waves thrown in) I do hope they read and take into consideration the board's thoughts more then usual. We might not be getting that many left and what we get left should really count. They did for SDCC in my opinion and I'm really happy some Dorbz I really wanted to see got made
It doesn't matter the amount you have or length you collected, but that you're happy with what you own

Current Goal: Get The Three Caballeros created as Pops (or Dorbz/Vynl!)

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:45 am

Optimistic wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:I totally agree with both of you. It is a bummer that once they get so amazing looking they are getting released so rarely. But if we can get them released on the Funko shop ever so often and at conventions and have them look as good as they do, then I am all for it! I know Funko often reads the boards so I am sure if we make a 'wish list' thread they will read it. ;-) ;-)

If we go down the route of Specialty Series, Funko Shop and Con exclusives being the main way that we are getting Dorbz in the future (with some store exclusives and regular retail waves thrown in) I do hope they read and take into consideration the board's thoughts more then usual. We might not be getting that many left and what we get left should really count. They did for SDCC in my opinion and I'm really happy some Dorbz I really wanted to see got made

I agree completely. I really hope they continue to take what fans really want into consideration. It would be great if they did so they could continue to finish some great lines. I think they just went a little crazy with Dorbz line and made EVERYTHING into Dorbz (even some that fans went a little 'huh?') and it might have oversaturated the market.
Image ImageImage

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:46 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
I like the idea of them going strictly convention and specialty series. That way I know stores around me will get them.

Not only that, but if the quality stays where it has been, I am fine with them releasing fewer.

That’s true! Less is better in a lot of situations. I think we have that in this particular situation.

Yeah, I think being a little more selective in this case will be a lot better.
Image ImageImage

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:59 pm

I wasn't expecting anything but seeing no Dorbz exclusives at the Fan Expo but having a Vynl and even a Rock Candy does not make me feel good about getting any more outside NYCC
It doesn't matter the amount you have or length you collected, but that you're happy with what you own

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:04 pm

Optimistic wrote:I wasn't expecting anything but seeing no Dorbz exclusives at the Fan Expo but having a Vynl and even a Rock Candy does not make me feel good about getting any more outside NYCC

It just made me sad to think about what a Bob and Doug Dorbz two pack would be like.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

The 998th LC

Postby The 998th LC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:18 pm

I really like the vault boy dorbz for the Fallout line, I hope to see more of them for the upcoming release of 76. I think lower numbers & being more selective with the license they choose would help. I think the more ugly & morbid ( undead viserion ) the better. Disney & other similar fandoms just look a little to generic.
Hello, my name is Jon Snow.

ISO: 1/8 Officer Cartman Wobbler & 1/4 Tuxedo Cartman Wobbler

Theshowman619

Postby Theshowman619 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:13 pm

wmwadeii wrote:I'm a little disappointed and worried at the same time. What's everyone's thoughts?

Looks like the focus is now on Vynl and 5 Star, don't think I'll pick up the 5 star but if I want a second line to collect guess it's not too late to get the Vynl think so far with what is releasing in the next few months there about 20 total released.

Yes i was pretty bumbed as well. Especially since they only had 1 SDCC exclusive with the Cap’n Crunch 4 pack. Plus I haven’t heard any hot topic monthly exclusive dorbz in a while
:freddy4: ImageImageImage

ThePoppler710

Postby ThePoppler710 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:00 am

No matter what happens Dorbz will always hold a special place in ny heart, I didn't like them but now I love them, still though I am also in love with these new Vynls! They should still be able to do both lines plus whatever else they have coming, I wouldn't see why not
Stay On The Good Vibes!!!

Disney, Star Wars, Animation, TV Shows, and Marvel

ISO Right Now: Vaulted Disney, Bloddy Walking Dead, Hobbit, and Benson from The Regular Show (will get crazier as years pass)
Current Top 3: Toy Tokyo 9 inch Bloody Dary, Leonardo SpongeBob & Shredder Plankton 2014 SDCC, Fry and Leela 2015 NYCC
Current Goal: MEET EVERY ONE OF YOU AMAZING FUNKO FANS (MAY TAKE AWHILE)

:SW9:

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:34 am

Quazimoto wrote:Brian actually posted not too long ago that Dorbz aren't going away completely, but there there's a new retail strategy for them. I'm guessing the 'new retail strategy' is that they will be almost entirely exclusives of some sort to get the sales boost from the sticker on the box. You don't have to be an expert in the field of retail sales to see that Dorbz just didn't take off full force as huge numbers of them sat on shelves until being clearance out at super low prices. Heck, GameStop was regularly selling Dorbz on clearance for under $2.00. The line just wasn't profitable enough to continue the number of releases they had been doing. I suspect that Pint Size Heroes have met the same fate for the most part.

I hope this isn’t true. I love my dorbz AND psh’s :crybaby:
Hi from Lynda (popfanatics on instagram)

CrushMcLovin

Postby CrushMcLovin » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:29 am

I am worried they are gonna slow down on Dorbz but at the same time they made Steve, the Cereal Icons, and the Dragon 4 pack pretty recently so I doubt they will go away any time soon.

sho12ty78

Postby sho12ty78 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:33 am

CrushMcLovin wrote:I am worried they are gonna slow down on Dorbz but at the same time they made Steve, the Cereal Icons, and the Dragon 4 pack pretty recently so I doubt they will go away any time soon.

yeah, I thought that was a good sign. Even though Dorbz Ridez aren't not as popular as the regular rides, I was hoping for at least one SDCC exclusive. But I guess any new Dorbz is better than none. :)

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:57 am

I think Dorbz will be around for awhile. Funko has a lot of new products to show so maybe they wanted to focus on new lines like pez, cereal, 5 star etc for the show
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:12 pm

sho12ty78 wrote:
CrushMcLovin wrote:I am worried they are gonna slow down on Dorbz but at the same time they made Steve, the Cereal Icons, and the Dragon 4 pack pretty recently so I doubt they will go away any time soon.

yeah, I thought that was a good sign. Even though Dorbz Ridez aren't not as popular as the regular rides, I was hoping for at least one SDCC exclusive. But I guess any new Dorbz is better than none. :)

I actually know people that don't collect Dorbz but collect Ridez because they are smaller and take up less room compared to the Pop! versions.
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:08 pm

I think despite Dorbz not really showing up (we did get a stranger things dorbz in our box of fun however), they are going to be around for a while. Enough people keep buying them that they can dish out more and more variants. I would wager that we will see PLENTY more Dorbz being put out in the future!
My name is Morgan. I've been collecting for three years. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna and Gwenom protos
@superfunkobros

Pops: 160
Minis: 50
Dorbz: 20
Protos: 40
Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

jfizzle

Postby jfizzle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:30 pm

I have been a HUGE Dorbz fan from Day #1. I have the complete Marvel & DC lines and not seeing any previews for Dorbz @ Fundays worried me a bit. Now reading that they are being " revamped", not sure if that's a good thing. We will only see once they relaunch the line and how it works out. I will always be a fan of Dorbz so if that line ever is discontinued then it was fun while it lasted! But we shall see what the future holds!
IG: AdudeandhisDorbz

Current Collection Count:
Dorbz 323
Pops 277

CrushMcLovin

Postby CrushMcLovin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:04 am

jfizzle wrote:I have been a HUGE Dorbz fan from Day #1. I have the complete Marvel & DC lines and not seeing any previews for Dorbz @ Fundays worried me a bit. Now reading that they are being " revamped", not sure if that's a good thing. We will only see once they relaunch the line and how it works out. I will always be a fan of Dorbz so if that line ever is discontinued then it was fun while it lasted! But we shall see what the future holds!

I sure hope there’s no need to worry about them going away. Maybe they will just be more focused on certain lines instead of covering everything like pops.

afkbee

Postby afkbee » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:35 am

Dorbz are kind of a guilty pleasure, would be sad to see them go but I don’t think that’s the case. The Cereal Icons are some that’ll definitely pick up eventually. About a week ago I picked a Pennywise from BL and its awesome, perfect oob.

IG: Funkorican

edlopez0416

Postby edlopez0416 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:52 am

I do hope we get some more releases soon. I really loved the Steve with bandanna and the Dragons from this year SDCC. Since Dorbz are not as big as pops I understand if they would just like to focus on certain lines just as long as they don't go away for good
Hello my name is: Eduardo

POPS:1,027
DORBZ:200
MYSTERY MINIS: 450

supertoygiant

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Quazimoto wrote:Brian actually posted not too long ago that Dorbz aren't going away completely, but there there's a new retail strategy for them. I'm guessing the 'new retail strategy' is that they will be almost entirely exclusives of some sort to get the sales boost from the sticker on the box. You don't have to be an expert in the field of retail sales to see that Dorbz just didn't take off full force as huge numbers of them sat on shelves until being clearance out at super low prices. Heck, GameStop was regularly selling Dorbz on clearance for under $2.00. The line just wasn't profitable enough to continue the number of releases they had been doing. I suspect that Pint Size Heroes have met the same fate for the most part.

Please don't say that PSH will meet same fate. I support that line and most places are all sold out so why would they stop making them?
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchsed in less than 5 minutes. LOL \:D/

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk

ImageImage

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:54 pm

What kinda gets me is how we just had two massive lines in NBC and Aquaman and not a single Dorbz came out of it. We even got Hikari and Super Deluxe as part of it. Yeah NBC had many Dorbz made beforehand, but outside a single comment on the board nothing is showing me that this line is continuing outside of NYCC

KMFH11
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby KMFH11 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:08 pm

I really wish there were some freddy dorbz at fundays.
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:43 pm

Optimistic wrote:What kinda gets me is how we just had two massive lines in NBC and Aquaman and not a single Dorbz came out of it. We even got Hikari and Super Deluxe as part of it. Yeah NBC had many Dorbz made beforehand, but outside a single comment on the board nothing is showing me that this line is continuing outside of NYCC

Yeah there are a few NBC left, and as for Aquaman really only want a Mera and Black Manta so would rather part of the normal DC line don't like the look of the movie versions (don't get me started on the Pop! figures).
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

kamakaziunicorn

Are Dorbz falling off the Funko Train?

Postby kamakaziunicorn » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:19 am

There has been a lack of Dorbz announcments here lately. I was really looking forward to seeing more anime related dorbz, are my hopes in vain?
Matt - Proud Member of The KY Funko League of Awesomeness
Currently collecting all Anime Dorbz and Pops :freddy3:
Image Image

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Re: Are Dorbz falling off the Funko Train?

Postby funkystark » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:11 am

Brian@Funko wrote:Dorbz will be around for a while. Count on that. But we are being more selective and we have a new retail strategy that is coming soon that I think fans will like!!

That's from May 31, so I wouldn't be too worried.
The only team that matters!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:34 am

Dorbz are right now a bit of a different market, they cost near the same as Pops which may be why they aren't quite as popular yet.

CaseyJones14
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:46 am

And the 45th thread about Dorbz dying lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

funkystark

Postby funkystark » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:47 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:And the 45th thread about Dorbz dying lol

At least 45 people that aren't me about you care :D
The only team that matters!

PigNosePony

Postby PigNosePony » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:54 pm

funkystark wrote:
Brian@Funko wrote:Dorbz will be around for a while. Count on that. But we are being more selective and we have a new retail strategy that is coming soon that I think fans will like!!

I am so thankful to hear this. I am a big Dorbz fan! I like how cute, short, and happy they are. If I am in a bad mood all I have to do is look at my Dorbz and POOF... I feel better. I can't wait to see what other ones come out.
Image Image

kamakaziunicorn

Postby kamakaziunicorn » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:40 pm

funkystark wrote:

I just want more in gerneral, I do think that they made a few lines they didnt necessarily need to though
Matt - Proud Member of The KY Funko League of Awesomeness
Currently collecting all Anime Dorbz and Pops :freddy3:
Image Image

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:14 pm

afkbee wrote:Dorbz are kind of a guilty pleasure, would be sad to see them go but I don’t think that’s the case.

This. I think they're a guilty pleasure for a lot of pop collectors, though obviously not AS popular, I doubt they're going anywhere. At least, I hope not [-o<
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:47 pm

It does kinda seem like Dorbz are slowing down, but I doubt they would completely die off. They were just a TOTY nominee like a year ago so it'd be kinda weird to go from being an almost winner to being discontinued.
Hi, I'm Priscilla! Need a signature badge?

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:23 pm

I will admit I am not a fan of DORBZ but I do own the Dragon pack from this past SDCC. However, I do not think Dorbz will go away but I do think Pops are still the main money maker and like others have said Funko wants to try pushing some of their other products right now.

Just like the Doctor Who series was starting to be only available for special releases the same thing seems true for Dorbz but if you contie to support and buy them up they should get another massive release
Signed Pops:70
MM: 116
Pops :206
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: Pippin Took
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ethaneee22

Postby ethaneee22 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:46 pm

I like dorbz, but I just think sometimes they go a little crazy with the three packs, four packs, and even six packs lol
(They need to make more Spastik Plastik dorbz)

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:43 pm

I only have a couple Dorbz but I don't see myself buying anymore. I do see Vynl as a better alternative.

Cmpotter

Postby Cmpotter » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:05 pm

ethaneee22 wrote:I like dorbz, but I just think sometimes they go a little crazy with the three packs, four packs, and even six packs lol

Omg totally agree on more spastik plastik dorbz!! Would totally love a tbone dorbz
ImageImageImage Image

ethaneee22

Postby ethaneee22 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:09 pm

Cmpotter wrote:
ethaneee22 wrote:I like dorbz, but I just think sometimes they go a little crazy with the three packs, four packs, and even six packs lol

Omg totally agree on more spastik plastik dorbz!! Would totally love a tbone dorbz

Me too
Spoiler: show
Credit to Tanner (popfanboy), He originally drew the T Bone dorbz concept but I just traced it into photoshop and colored it in.Image

CyberSoySauce

Postby CyberSoySauce » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:32 pm

Dorbz were actually the reason I got into Pops! Hope they plan on making many more.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:12 pm

I agree. I think with the Dorbz they need to make more single packs or just double packs. They sometimes make sets that are a little too big.
Image ImageImage

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:58 pm

Let hope funko doesn't give up on dorbz.

Madmatt3788

Postby Madmatt3788 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:47 pm

I love the dorbz, and sometimes when you don’t wanna spend a ton of cash, dorbz can be a nice alternative!

Return to “Dorbz”