Are Dorbz falling off the Funko Train?

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
KryptonianRed

Re: Why so much hate for Dorbz?

Postby KryptonianRed » Sun May 13, 2018 1:56 pm

imdustin6 wrote:
KryptonianRed wrote:I told myself I’d never get in to dorbz. Then the batman ones went on sale at Gamestop, and I bought them all. One slippery slope later, I have more than I can count and I’m not stopping anytime soon :D

Same boat man...didnt really care for them at first and then I had to get the spidey related ones and then the sculpts have been getting better and better on others and now I have a bit more than I thought I ever would....

Yeah, I’m guilty of wanting to complete sets, so I have to get them all when I get one. I don’t feel compelled to get the rides though.

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sun May 13, 2018 2:45 pm

I love them... plus I can't fit more OOB on the shelf. :freddy4:
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.
ISO~ Flocked Lotso. And a Bobs big boy pop.

Pops and Dorbz -1750~~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays
And
Baby Groot with bomb from this years fundays.

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Sun May 13, 2018 6:10 pm

I like Dorbz and don’t get the strong venom people have about them. I get if you don’t like them, but folks seem to take it personal. That said, the one criticism I have is sometimes they can look very generic and interchangeable on people because they’re missing the detail that Pops can have (it doesn’t seem to be as much of a problem as the non-people Dorbz), particularly on the older Dorbz. I also think, as I commented on another thread that the fact that Dorbz are about the same price as Pops, despite being much smaller and potentially less detailed, hinders their popularity.

Delainer

Postby Delainer » Sun May 13, 2018 11:05 pm

My Husband has a few. I like them, they are pretty cute.
Favorite Pop quotes: "Winter is coming" and "Here comes the sun!" \:D/ .

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:24 pm

I have a few dorbz. Most are OOB. They look a lot better like that. My wife has used some as Christmas tree ornaments. At first I didn't like them but I have picked a couple from the series I like.

anime23

Postby anime23 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:37 pm

Lyndsay_wagner wrote:Why is there so much hate for Dorbz?

I don't think it is so much hate for dorbz as frustration when waiting for a specific item at the Funko shop. When it doesn't happen and they release a dorbz then the memes come out. I don't think it has much to do with it being a dorbz, just it not being what was expected.
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly Founder of The Nerd Element we be at @thenerdelement

Image Image

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:46 am

Shalee04 wrote:I love them... plus I can't fit more OOB on the shelf. :freddy4:

Silly OOB people ;)

They display so much better, when they’re all stacked nicely, looking out at the world.

Smaller boxes = room for more and more and more!

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:49 am

Pryde72 wrote:

Silly OOB people ;)

They display so much better, when they’re all stacked nicely, looking out at the world.

Pffttttt but in box you don't get to see all the cute details on the back of the Dorbz. :laughing5: :shock:
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.
ISO~ Flocked Lotso. And a Bobs big boy pop.

Pops and Dorbz -1750~~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays
And
Baby Groot with bomb from this years fundays.

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Shalee04 wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:

Silly OOB people ;)

Pffttttt but in box you don't get to see all the cute details on the back of the Dorbz. :laughing5: :shock:

Actually this is very true....but dusting is a lot easier

Ajdeanda

Postby Ajdeanda » Mon May 14, 2018 11:50 pm

Tbh when I first saw dorbz at the toy fair I hated them! They looked like my favorite characters were high hahaha!

But when I saw them in person I really liked them. I love the Freddy dorbz so much.
"You're a Dragon, so be a Dragon" :freddy2:

Sam25

Postby Sam25 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 pm

I like this line because there is no value. It is truly collected by fans. Also it’s very easy to get them. It nice having a line like this. Low stress collecting.

superkawaii

Postby superkawaii » Tue May 22, 2018 1:22 pm

Crazykidrev wrote:
superkawaii wrote:
Crazykidrev wrote:I just think not a lot of people have a preference of Dorbz over Pops. I'm pretty mixed with them as well. Although i don't have a lot of Dorbz in my collection, i can't help but smile when i see them with how cute they are!

Space wise, they are definitely better to have since they barely take u any compared to regular pops

I started to get into Dorbz, actually went on a binge buy after I purchased that first gateway Dorbz. About 2-3 months after I realized how little space I had left. I love a clean and neat display and felt my collection was starting to look overwhelming. Nowadays, on rare occasion I will buy Dorbz. Agree they are super cute but alas the battle of "space" has forced me to be super selective and Pops will always be my first Funko love. :love4:

Totally hear you on that! I'm dealing with the same issues and my fiance wont let me buy a third bookshelf ](*,)

Haha, good luck! I gave myself a 3 bookshelf limit... and I am now a proud owner of 5 Billy bookshelves lol
:hello2: Hello, I'm Ailyne!
Disney, Star Wars, DC, repeat.
IG: suuuperkawaii
ImageImage Image

Crazykidrev

Postby Crazykidrev » Tue May 22, 2018 1:49 pm

superkawaii wrote:
Crazykidrev wrote:
superkawaii wrote:
I started to get into Dorbz, actually went on a binge buy after I purchased that first gateway Dorbz. About 2-3 months after I realized how little space I had left. I love a clean and neat display and felt my collection was starting to look overwhelming. Nowadays, on rare occasion I will buy Dorbz. Agree they are super cute but alas the battle of "space" has forced me to be super selective and Pops will always be my first Funko love. :love4:

Totally hear you on that! I'm dealing with the same issues and my fiance wont let me buy a third bookshelf ](*,)

Haha, good luck! I gave myself a 3 bookshelf limit... and I am now a proud owner of 5 Billy bookshelves lol

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh dear! My fiance wouldve killed me!
Image Image Image
Image Image

What's up! I'm Stephan
ISO: Freddy Flux Photon/ Deadpool Protos
Instagram: Crazykidpopz

Theshowman619

Postby Theshowman619 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:22 am

Not this guy, love the dorbz
:freddy4: ImageImageImage

tgltuz

Postby tgltuz » Wed May 23, 2018 1:46 am

I love dorbz, they are so cute with their small lil pudgy bodies and smiles. I think for most it's the price because some stores price them at almost the same price of a pop and a lot will opt for the pop since they have a bit more detail.
ImageImage ImageImage

rosevanngo

Postby rosevanngo » Thu May 24, 2018 5:49 pm

Definitely not hate. I think several have hit on it already. There was initial interest but many people end up going back to Pops. I also believe heavily that price point has a driving force behind it as well. If Dorbz were just a few dollars less you would see a much higher demand for them.

crazysean05

Postby crazysean05 » Sun May 27, 2018 2:32 am

I recently got into Dorbz wanting to expand my love for all things Nightmare Before Christmas and the cute factor can be intoxicating. Don't see why you can't have both? I think they are a nice compliment to Pops. If you really like something and really want to show that you can get Dorbz for that line. Totally understand the collector mentality on some things though. But hating when a Dorbz goes up on Funko Shop, instead of Pop seems silly to me.

scottfoomusic510

Postby scottfoomusic510 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:19 am

you already know lyndsey...I love DORBZ to DEATH!!!!
FUNKO FIENDS PRESIDENT
IG & TWITTER: @SCOTTFOOMUSIC - YOUTUBE: FUNKOFIENDS
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

superkawaii

Postby superkawaii » Thu May 31, 2018 9:49 pm

Crazykidrev wrote:
superkawaii wrote:
Crazykidrev wrote:I just think not a lot of people have a preference of Dorbz over Pops. I'm pretty mixed with them as well. Although i don't have a lot of Dorbz in my collection, i can't help but smile when i see them with how cute they are!

Space wise, they are definitely better to have since they barely take u any compared to regular pops

#-o d'oh!
:hello2: Hello, I'm Ailyne!
Disney, Star Wars, DC, repeat.
IG: suuuperkawaii
ImageImage Image

djwu

Postby djwu » Thu May 31, 2018 9:54 pm

I don't hate it, but it isn't my preference either. For me I thought often times they look too happy unless I felt something was happy for a proper reason. The last Iron spidey dorbz looked like a normal spidey so I did buy that (plus big Spidey fan). Other dorbz I got was the Ace and Krypto one because I accept they are happy pups. Others look strange to me when they look happy

zwahelian

Postby zwahelian » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:21 am

I like certain ones, but to me they are not as desirable as Pops. I would probably buy more Dorbz if my wallet allowed me to, but if it’s Pops vs. Dorbz I will choose Pops every time. Makes it easier to say “easy pass” when you have to save all your money for Pops. :D
IG: funkh0e
Started collecting: July 2016 | Pop! Star Wars: 83 | Pop! Marvel: TBA | Pop! Heroes: 45 | Pop! Rides: 3 | Total Pop!s: 1,000+

Grail: NYCC Qui Gon Jinn, Indy's Ride, Holo Qui Gon, Flocked Wicket

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:23 am

I like Dorbz but it’s hard to collect but pop and Dorbz. Def more selective when I buy Dorbz.
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Funko items

ImageImage

Tony Stark Homecoming Proto Obtained July 29th, 2017 (thank you StarWarner and her mother!) :love10:

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:58 pm

tgltuz wrote:I love dorbz, they are so cute with their small lil pudgy bodies and smiles. I think for most it's the price because some stores price them at almost the same price of a pop and a lot will opt for the pop since they have a bit more detail.

i love dorbz too, their smiles are the best!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

supertoygiant

Postby supertoygiant » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:12 pm

I like the PSH a bit more than dorbz and they really are like a mini Dorbz. I have more room for PSH lol
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchsed in less than 5 minutes. LOL \:D/

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk

ImageImage

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:06 pm

zwahelian wrote:I like certain ones, but to me they are not as desirable as Pops. I would probably buy more Dorbz if my wallet allowed me to, but if it’s Pops vs. Dorbz I will choose Pops every time. Makes it easier to say “easy pass” when you have to save all your money for Pops. :D

I have to agree with you on this one. Some are cool.

jkwok

Postby jkwok » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:55 pm

I personally think pops look a lot better is all. Have a couple dorbz tho, really like the “it’s a small world dorbz”...tho if they made a pop version, i mayy not have gotten the dorbz set.
:wizmickey:

drehill

Postby drehill » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:06 pm

The word Dorbz just annoys the hell out of me.

Vin phx

Postby Vin phx » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:08 pm

I hated on them at first but they were so basic and not much to them at first, but I'm here with a bookshelf overflowing now with dorbz.
Pop count 800+
Dorbz count 100+
ImageImage

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:08 pm

Shalee04 wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:

Silly OOB people ;)

In or out, they still just sit there on the shelf looking at me, not wanting to turn around to show their backside.
Pops 220+Ridez 38Rides 6Dorbz 37Keychains 29GPK 24Minis 18Rock Candy 7Vynl 1 :)
Last Pop: Pillsbury Doughboy

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:17 pm

wolvie wrote:
Shalee04 wrote:
Pryde72 wrote:
Silly OOB people ;)

In or out, they still just sit there on the shelf looking at me, not wanting to turn around to show their backside.

Haha very true

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:42 pm

No hate for Dorbz here :D I like them much better than POP
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

Valde
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Valde » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:50 pm

Zero SDCC Dorbz announced so far. It's a pretty sad day that it seems like they're just sputtering out whatever was in production and too far along.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

boriskaleoff

Postby boriskaleoff » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:45 pm

For the most part I prefer pops, but the Tim Burton, Scooby Doo ,and Dr. Seuss dorbs are just too good to pass up. :freddy2:

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:21 pm

Sam25 wrote:I like this line because there is no value. It is truly collected by fans. Also it’s very easy to get them. It nice having a line like this. Low stress collecting.

My thoughts exactly, they have been making more and more limited to 2500-5000 that means it's really for us diehard collectors that appreciate the brand. Easier to complete sets, and cheaper to get some of those older rares. I went from apx 50 Dorbz to over 500 now in the last 3 months, why because you can get them so much easier and cheaper.

For those saying the prices are the same I'm not sure where they are shopping. I can get most at Gamestop or Hot Topic for $7, and Pop! figures are always $11-$15. I also don't like what I'm seeing on the Pop! collectors scene the collectors are a bunch of whiney crybabies, and self entitled sometimes. Also the flippers and hoarders of chases and exclusives is just too much and makes collecting no fun. I was worried for Dorbz with the flocked Winnie the Pooh and Tigger selling out so fast to flippers, but most of the other releases have stayed in stock and at reasonable prices.
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

Star-Wing

Postby Star-Wing » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:38 pm

I was hesitant w/ Dorbz at first, but once I got one it was just like collecting Pops. Pops are definitely more impressive from a design and detail standpoint, but I especially like the happy vibe with Dorbz! Especially with the more menacing characters

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:40 am

Star-Wing wrote:I was hesitant w/ Dorbz at first, but once I got one it was just like collecting Pops. Pops are definitely more impressive from a design and detail standpoint, but I especially like the happy vibe with Dorbz! Especially with the more menacing characters

And for me it's almost the exact opposite. I liked the original Pop! figures a little more than the more detailed ones they are coming out with now. Don't get me wrong they are beautiful they just aren't the Pop! figures I fell in love with originally. Dorbz on the other hand are cute and basic exactly what they always have been. Dislike when they get outside the excuse the pun but Dorbz mold and do something crazy or odd sized body parts (have a few where the heads are different sizes within the same line) just doesn't feel right.
Images Unplugged

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:12 am

Dorbz haters will change their minds and join us one day...one day...
:freddy3:

Funko_Don

Postby Funko_Don » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:38 pm

I'm concerned that Funko is pulling away from Dorbz and focusing their attention on Vynl. I have a huge collection of Dorbz, so I don't want to see them go away any time soon. I'm also digging the new Vynl figures as well though.....
WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?!

ImageImageImageImage

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:29 pm

GettingSodas wrote:Dorbz haters will change their minds and join us one day...one day...

Images Unplugged

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:38 pm

wmwadeii wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:Dorbz haters will change their minds and join us one day...one day...

I wasn't the biggest Dorbz fan once upon a time... And all it took was that one figure... and down the rabbit hole I went! :freddy4:

Return to “Dorbz”