How Do You Collect Dorbz?

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
GettingSodas

How Do You Collect Dorbz?

Postby GettingSodas » Fri May 03, 2019 12:38 pm

When I collect Pops I get things I really love. Do you do that with Dorbz or do you buy more? For example I only collect the basic characters of Looney Tunes and not Duck Dodgers at the moment or the Opera outfits or the 2 pack. With Dorbz I’m more tempted to get those other versions though. Or do you just buy what you buy in pop form in Dorbz form? Just a thought.
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: How Do You Collect Dorbz?

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri May 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Soo initially it was just "buy what I like" and then GameStop had a tooooon on clearance for 30 cents or something ridiculous like that. Long story short I am in the process of buying every Dorbz ever made lol

I will say I'm very happy Funko keeps releasing 3-packs on the Shop. For a long time there everybody thought Dorbz were dead.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Fri May 03, 2019 12:47 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Soo initially it was just "buy what I like" and then GameStop had a tooooon on clearance for 30 cents or something ridiculous like that. Long story short I am in the process of buying every Dorbz ever made lol

I will say I'm very happy Funko keeps releasing 3-packs on the Shop. For a long time there everybody thought Dorbz were dead.

Hahaha yeah way back in the day that’s how I got my first Dorbz 99 cent clearance.

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Fri May 03, 2019 1:01 pm

Dorbz has actually become my favorite line. I collect a lot of them. I like the simplistic look of them. I am only saddened that they haven’t been making a lot of them lately. On the plus side, it’s always a nice surprise when they hit the Funko Shop.
Damien | Austin, TX | @dcooperfl

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Fri May 03, 2019 1:08 pm

We have limited display space & storage, due to a small house and lots of collectibles, so my husband and I are forced to be picky about what we collect, so with dorbz (and pops, and everything else) we stick to specific lines. We have complete sets of MotU, Xmen and GoT dorbz, which are our primary lines for all collectibles. I also have all of the Freddy dorbz, and we have a large collection of Marvel dorbz. And some DC. And Christmas. So basically, whatever we like, we buy, and then struggle for space lol
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Fri May 03, 2019 2:26 pm

My faves are the Freddy Funko dorbz, so that’s about it!
Instagram- calebshiny

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Fri May 03, 2019 8:44 pm

I only collect the lines I like.
OWNER
http://www.thefunexchange.com

IG & Facebook @thefunexchange

Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere | FunKon

Jenster521

Postby Jenster521 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:54 pm

I usually collect Disney and Freddy funko. They are soo cute! I keep them in-box though because I dont want to lose any of them or get any dings on them. Ill occasionally take one out for a photo.

Tmarie_82

Postby Tmarie_82 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:57 pm

I’m currently trying to just stick with Disney dorbz....but we’ll see

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sat May 04, 2019 6:02 pm

I collect what I like and that goes for everything Funko. I've learned to not dwell on being a completionist because it drives me crazy when that one exclusive becomes impossible to get lol I am the first to admit that I typically keep all my pops in box (except 10"), but all dorbz and wobblers are most always taken out of their cages and displayed :)

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sun May 05, 2019 1:10 am

I usually buy what I like. I don't have complete Dorbz sets of anything. Pretty sure that would make me nuts if I tried!

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sun May 05, 2019 11:46 am

Cristina wrote:We have limited display space & storage, due to a small house and lots of collectibles, so my husband and I are forced to be picky about what we collect, so with dorbz (and pops, and everything else) we stick to specific lines. We have complete sets of MotU, Xmen and GoT dorbz, which are our primary lines for all collectibles. I also have all of the Freddy dorbz, and we have a large collection of Marvel dorbz. And some DC. And Christmas. So basically, whatever we like, we buy, and then struggle for space lol

Even the 24 piece one!!!???

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Sun May 05, 2019 1:41 pm

How do I collect Dorbz.... I collect them with my wife. Well... she collects them and I dust them. lol
Just kidding... i love all of our dorbz. just something about their cuteness that I'm attracted to.
It's almost like... Pops have evolved into more of a "figure" from when i first started collecting them.
But Dorbz... for the most part... same basic size/shape/style for the few hundred we own.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sun May 05, 2019 6:09 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:How do I collect Dorbz.... I collect them with my wife. Well... she collects them and I dust them. lol
Just kidding... i love all of our dorbz. just something about their cuteness that I'm attracted to.
It's almost like... Pops have evolved into more of a "figure" from when i first started collecting them.
But Dorbz... for the most part... same basic size/shape/style for the few hundred we own.

Few hundred? Dang. You must have most of them that have been made.

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Sun May 05, 2019 8:21 pm

GettingSodas wrote:
Vinyl4Blood wrote:How do I collect Dorbz.... I collect them with my wife. Well... she collects them and I dust them. lol

Luckily, or... unfortunately depending on your stance on dorbz, most of the ones released have been licenses we love. Soooo that means we buy a lot of Dorbz.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Sun May 05, 2019 8:23 pm

I’ve only stuck with Disney Dorbz because Pops are my main collection. Still waiting on some Toy Story Dorbz. Get on it Funko!!! :)
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sun May 05, 2019 8:28 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:

Luckily, or... unfortunately depending on your stance on dorbz, most of the ones released have been licenses we love. Soooo that means we buy a lot of Dorbz.

That’s awesome

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:10 am

I just go after Spider-Man Dorbz or the Dorbz that fall in the Spider-Man Line. Originally I had one of all the available unmasked heroes of the MCU paired with a Comics Thanos Dorbz XL and Stan Lee. But I felt out of place with the heroes being MCU and Thanos not being the movie version so i slimmed Down just to Spider-man. I love them.
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon May 06, 2019 3:01 am

Yep! I only collect Dorbz of the things I really love. For example, Pennywise, Ant-Man, Jack Torrance, etc.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Theshowman619

Postby Theshowman619 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:37 am

I only collect LE dorbz that are numbered, if I collected more, I would have to expand my house lol
:freddy4: ImageImage
ImageImageImage

kingdomcustoms

Postby kingdomcustoms » Thu May 23, 2019 10:01 pm

I'm having to be pretty selective with which ones I buy, but I generally just get the ones I really love. Often the Dorbz I like don't coincide with licenses I particularly like, such as some of the Hanna Barbera ones, which I just find rather irresistible for the most part!
:freddy2:
Pop Count: ~300; Latest: Spirit Mufasa
Dorbz Count: 70; Latest: Huckleberry Hound 8-pack
Rock Candy's: 24; Latest: Belle
Favourite Pop's: Hades Chase, Pain & Panic, Lord Drakkon
Favourite Dorbz: Alice 4-pack, Green Arrow/Black Canary, Penelope Pitstop
Favourite Rock Candy's: Sirius, Bellatrix, and Jessica Rabbit
Custom Count: 25 Pops, 5 PSH, 48 Dorbz, 17 Misc; Most Recent: Kermit PSH

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Fri May 24, 2019 10:57 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Soo initially it was just "buy what I like" and then GameStop had a tooooon on clearance for 30 cents or something ridiculous like that. Long story short I am in the process of buying every Dorbz ever made lol

I kinda wish the 3 packs were in a big box together like the spastik plastik dorbz... but I really love dorbz

I too got started collecting GoT Dorbz when they were marked down to $3 in clearance and all clearance was buy 1 get 3 free (thanks hot topic) Now I have the whole GoT set! Totally hooked on dorbz now. They do take up less space and they can be displayed in a bat display case in box. Which is a plus
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:49 am

I try to stay "disciplined" and buy only Motu, SW and Dc...but somehow Disney stuff always makes it's way onto my wall space lol

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Sat May 25, 2019 11:32 am

Same sentiment as most in here. I stick to certain lines only. But as mentioned, if there is a cool looking one on sale, it's hard to resist... lol.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Sat May 25, 2019 11:51 am

GettingSodas wrote:When I collect Pops I get things I really love. Do you do that with Dorbz or do you buy more? For example I only collect the basic characters of Looney Tunes and not Duck Dodgers at the moment or the Opera outfits or the 2 pack. With Dorbz I’m more tempted to get those other versions though. Or do you just buy what you buy in pop form in Dorbz form? Just a thought.

I originally said no I'm not doing the Dorbz line. But my daughter got me a Freddy Funko Dorbz proto. And with my obsession with Freddy there's where it started. But like everything else I only buy what I like. I don't need to have complete sets or every version of one character. Only what I like. So I probably only have 30-35 Dorbz :freddy4: :freddy4:

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sat May 25, 2019 12:09 pm

gospeedracer wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:When I collect Pops I get things I really love. Do you do that with Dorbz or do you buy more? For example I only collect the basic characters of Looney Tunes and not Duck Dodgers at the moment or the Opera outfits or the 2 pack. With Dorbz I’m more tempted to get those other versions though. Or do you just buy what you buy in pop form in Dorbz form? Just a thought.

I originally said no I'm not doing the Dorbz line. But my daughter got me a Freddy Funko Dorbz proto. And with my obsession with Freddy there's where it started. But like everything else I only buy what I like. I don't need to have complete sets or every version of one character. Only what I like. So I probably only have 30-35 Dorbz :freddy4: :freddy4:

That’s awesome! I really want a Freddy Dorbz proto!

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Sat May 25, 2019 12:21 pm

Basically just the ones I want of my favorite characters. Like, I have almost every Wally Gator from Funko, so that 4 piece Dorbz set was a must. Dorbz are not my biggest favorite, but they're cute and I don't dislike em. I also grabbed the R&M ones, but skipped Fallout. My goal would be to display all of the various figures of characters together.
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Tue May 28, 2019 5:00 pm

BadEugoogolizer wrote:Basically just the ones I want of my favorite characters. Like, I have almost every Wally Gator from Funko, so that 4 piece Dorbz set was a must. Dorbz are not my biggest favorite, but they're cute and I don't dislike em. I also grabbed the R&M ones, but skipped Fallout. My goal would be to display all of the various figures of characters together.

Yeah they look super good OOB

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Tue May 28, 2019 5:02 pm

I collect the Dorbz I want. All of my Dorbz are OOB and the boxes are actually gone thrown away. \:D/ \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Annie_May13

Postby Annie_May13 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:08 pm

I’ll buy what goes in my collection but I’m more inclined to buy the dorbz of a character I like that may have a ton of or just the design of the dorbz is extra cute. I use more dorbz as classroom decor than pops (less space, more out)
༻❀༺Girly girl from Texas who loves pink༻❀༺

༻♥༺Dream Pops: Studio Ghibli, Cardcaptor Sakura, more Sailor Moon, Rogue, Pokemon, and FruBa༻♥༺

Image Image ImageImage

Theshowman619

Postby Theshowman619 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:24 pm

I only collect the LE numbered dorbz, just the way I started it at fundays in 2016
ImageImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:51 pm

We don’t collect dorbz anymore, but the dorbz we do have in our collection are all exclusives and le’s. We tried to stay humble with our dorbz collection.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Thu May 30, 2019 9:09 pm

Theshowman619 wrote:I only collect the LE numbered dorbz, just the way I started it at fundays in 2016

What’s the coolest one you got?

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Thu May 30, 2019 9:24 pm

GettingSodas wrote:

Hahaha yeah way back in the day that’s how I got my first Dorbz 99 cent clearance.

That is how I started with Dorbz too, back when Gamestop has all the GOTG, DC, TMNT, and Marvel on clearance. Now I just collect ones that are in the lines that I collect.

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

Theshowman619

Postby Theshowman619 » Thu May 30, 2019 9:28 pm

GettingSodas wrote:
Theshowman619 wrote:I only collect the LE numbered dorbz, just the way I started it at fundays in 2016

My personal favorite is the nycc baseball freddy to 750. I love baseball lol
ImageImageImage

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Fri May 31, 2019 7:49 am

Theshowman619 wrote:
GettingSodas wrote:

My personal favorite is the nycc baseball freddy to 750. I love baseball lol

That’s sweet

POPianato

Postby POPianato » Fri May 31, 2019 7:57 pm

I try to match up Dorbz with POP lines I collect. The recent Snap Crackle Pop were perfect to match up with my other Ad Icon Dorbz, Dorbz Ridez as well as my Ad Icon POPs. (I also am after the Ad Icon Pez to "complete the set" the best I can)
ImageImage

Pinspops

Postby Pinspops » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:57 pm

I just collect certain characters that I like.. otherwise if i try to complete a set I will run out of room

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:02 pm

I used to buy all the DC ones that came out. I’m missing a few but that’s ok because I ran out of space. They’re fun to collect because they’re smaller and look great in or out of box.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

FunkoNlove

Postby FunkoNlove » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:42 pm

I only collect Mickey mouse dorbzs lol :mickey3:

Return to “Dorbz”