Pretty disappointed....

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Funko_boy13

Re: Pretty disappointed....

Postby Funko_boy13 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:39 pm

I’m shocked that there wasn’t a single dorbz at sdcc or fundays.

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:31 pm

It was weird that fundays didnt have the games as you walk in and no dorbz. All they had were the tiki mouths that you put in your coin and got your proto.

Typale

Postby Typale » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:33 pm

I do feel at least one dorbz could have been done but they don’t seem like best sellers so I understand

CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:38 pm

Batz31 wrote:It was weird that fundays didnt have the games as you walk in and no dorbz. All they had were the tiki mouths that you put in your coin and got your proto.

I was really surprised we didn’t see the Can O’ Corn. That’s the first year I haven’t seen people chugging corn :(
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

SableGem

Postby SableGem » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:59 pm

Here is hoping for NYCC to bring some heat with the dorbz.
:freddy4:
Hi I am Anthony from Fl
Main interests are
Dragonball
Ad icons
Disney
Marvel
Love meeting so many fellow collectors and glad to be part of such a great community
:freddy1:

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:23 pm

SableGem wrote:Here is hoping for NYCC to bring some heat with the dorbz.
:freddy4:

Yeah I still think the Dorbz line still has some life in it! :freddy2:
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:25 pm

Guess they are saving the Drobz for later...
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchsed in less than 5 minutes. LOL \:D/

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:04 pm

Batz31 wrote:It was weird that fundays didnt have the games as you walk in and no dorbz. All they had were the tiki mouths that you put in your coin and got your proto.

I could only assume because the games are where the biggest backlogs occur and people feel like they miss getting items. As opposed to if they just give you all the items upfront and give you more time to socialize.

rosevanngo

Postby rosevanngo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:55 am

Theshowman619 wrote:From what I have seen and read, that is it with all the SDCC exclusives announcements... and not a single dorbz.
Pretty sad.

Dorbz have slowly been drained from the system. I’m not losing hope but it seems year after year less are being announced or even produced.

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:51 pm

supertoygiant wrote:Guess they are saving the Drobz for later...

I am hoping to see some more exclusive dorbz in the future. They are a great line that is under appreciated.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:58 pm

I honestly thought Dorbz were done for, but then they released Toy Story ones. You never know. I bet there will be one for NYCC.
Collecting since 2015:
"A couple that collects together,
stays together."

Image Image Image

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Minyinz610 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:Guess they are saving the Drobz for later...

I am hoping to see some more exclusive dorbz in the future. They are a great line that is under appreciated.

I don't think they'll discontinue them. At least not soon.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchsed in less than 5 minutes. LOL \:D/

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:27 pm

It's sad but now I can go back and pick up Dorbz I didn't have before. I got the Hanna Barbara Space 4-Pack for my Birthday and the Huckleberry Hound 8-pack! Super epic Dorbz!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend :freddy3:

Theshowman619

Postby Theshowman619 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:44 pm

My table and I were positive that we were gonna see at least one dorbz at fundays. Can’t believe not one. Nothing in Brian’s announcements for the upcoming year either
:freddy4: ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:52 pm

dexiesmom wrote:

I could only assume because the games are where the biggest backlogs occur and people feel like they miss getting items. As opposed to if they just give you all the items upfront and give you more time to socialize.

The tiki wall where you put in your coin and received a proto was a huge mess. They had to keep stopping the line because of the overcrowding. It took forever to get it going again.

Childishtycoon

Postby Childishtycoon » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:34 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:

I was really surprised we didn’t see the Can O’ Corn. That’s the first year I haven’t seen people chugging corn :(

Yeah that was sad, Can O corn is totally a Fundays tradition. Hopefully it is back next year.
Do you guys believe Kylo Ren when he says he will finish what Darth Vader started?

The funatic formerly known as Jeremyb4815

philipali

Postby philipali » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:38 pm

I sure hope so....
Been also wanting that they sell those can of corns :D lol
Image Image
Image ImageImage

Vin phx

Postby Vin phx » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:46 pm

Really hope for nycc we get dorbz at least.
Pop count 1k+
Dorbz count 180
ImageImage

MartinMtz702

Postby MartinMtz702 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:50 pm

I practiced chugging corn for nothing. LOL

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:09 pm

Batz31 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:

The tiki wall where you put in your coin and received a proto was a huge mess. They had to keep stopping the line because of the overcrowding. It took forever to get it going again.

Hopefully they keep giving away protos as I'm sure there is pressure to cut costs as the company grows and has been public for a longer period of time now. Stockholders may start to expect a greater return on investment and may think if people sell protos on the secondary market for so much, why does the company not do that themselves? Or they may start to 3D print protos and give them as gifts to executives or employees.

Brotha_man_davw

Postby Brotha_man_davw » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:51 pm

DivineWarrior wrote:
Brotha_man_davw wrote:Dang thats true overall i think this year sdcc exclusives werent as great as other years. Hopefully nycc will have dorbz

I don't think the last few cons have been that great. Especially with the star wars line. I feel they are resorting to chrome and new products.

Yes i agree they being lazy with star wars! But im ok with it helps me save money lol
Names Dave sup.

I collect Star Wars :SW9: and walking dead etc.

Pops: 210+

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:21 am

when was the last dorbz exclusive for a con?
ImageImage

9fingerdevil

Postby 9fingerdevil » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:58 am

I hope I'm wrong but it seems that the dorbz line is dead

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:18 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
Batz31 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:I could only assume because the games are where the biggest backlogs occur and people feel like they miss getting items. As opposed to if they just give you all the items upfront and give you more time to socialize.

Hopefully they keep giving away protos as I'm sure there is pressure to cut costs as the company grows and has been public for a longer period of time now. Stockholders may start to expect a greater return on investment and may think if people sell protos on the secondary market for so much, why does the company not do that themselves? Or they may start to 3D print protos and give them as gifts to executives or employees.

I hope they dont go that route. I hope they continue to keep the customers happy, because I tell you I love the protos I've gotten at fundays.

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:23 pm

Batz31 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Batz31 wrote:The tiki wall where you put in your coin and received a proto was a huge mess. They had to keep stopping the line because of the overcrowding. It took forever to get it going again.

I hope they dont go that route. I hope they continue to keep the customers happy, because I tell you I love the protos I've gotten at fundays.

Same here! This year was my first fundays and I am now the proud owner of a proto...and I love it so much! Would never ever sell it :)
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:26 pm

I was pretty shocked that we didnt get even 1 Freddy Dorbz at Fundays... I really love Dorbz and was looking forward to coming home with a Freddy for my Dorbz collection...
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko

Image Image
ImageImage

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:28 pm

A-Okay wrote:
Batz31 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Hopefully they keep giving away protos as I'm sure there is pressure to cut costs as the company grows and has been public for a longer period of time now. Stockholders may start to expect a greater return on investment and may think if people sell protos on the secondary market for so much, why does the company not do that themselves? Or they may start to 3D print protos and give them as gifts to executives or employees.

Same here! This year was my first fundays and I am now the proud owner of a proto...and I love it so much! Would never ever sell it :)

This was my second one and they are so much fun, so far I have gotten a minion, captain Barbosa zombie and from the lion king movie scar.

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:32 pm

Cool! I was lucky enough to trade for Harry Potter Herbology... :D
Hi, I'm Kelly!

Image Image
ImageImage

Funko_Don

Postby Funko_Don » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:27 pm

They didn't do any Dorbz last year did they? I mean, they put a Stranger Things Dorbz in everyones bag, but no Freddys or anything like that. Not even any Dorbz released for SDCC 2018 or 2019.
WHAT AM I DOING?!?!?!

ImageImageImageImage

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:10 pm

While it sucks there was no Dorbz exclusives or announcements (and it was a weird Fundays too, apparently no can 'o corn?) I am not worried in the slightest about this line. Brian still posts about it on Twitter, more GOT should be coming soon enough and they are doing their part to sell. The Batman set sold out a while ago and that didn't even have a limited number to them, and 4 sets composing of 16 Dorbz have sold out on the shop. That's a nice amount

We'll see some soon enough, want to see some con exclusives again next year though. Please promise that
It doesn't matter the amount you have or length you collected, but that you're happy with what you own

Current Goal: Get The Three Caballeros created as Pops, Dorbz or Vynl

DivineWarrior

Postby DivineWarrior » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:01 pm

Brotha_man_davw wrote:
DivineWarrior wrote:
Brotha_man_davw wrote:Dang thats true overall i think this year sdcc exclusives werent as great as other years. Hopefully nycc will have dorbz

I don't think the last few cons have been that great. Especially with the star wars line. I feel they are resorting to chrome and new products.

Yes i agree they being lazy with star wars! But im ok with it helps me save money lol

I agree with you there!!!
Soon to be NYCC Three Timer - 2017-2019

doctony

Postby doctony » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:04 pm

The last Freddy Dorbz Funday exclusives have plummeted in price. Good for those who didn't get them when they were pricier.

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:34 am

Optimistic wrote:While it sucks there was no Dorbz exclusives or announcements (and it was a weird Fundays too, apparently no can 'o corn?) I am not worried in the slightest about this line. Brian still posts about it on Twitter, more GOT should be coming soon enough and they are doing their part to sell. The Batman set sold out a while ago and that didn't even have a limited number to them, and 4 sets composing of 16 Dorbz have sold out on the shop. That's a nice amount

We'll see some soon enough, want to see some con exclusives again next year though. Please promise that

I hope they come out with more lines for dorbz! :)
ImageImageImageImage

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:03 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:

I'd overheard a group of guys complaining about that. Apparently, they practiced downing corn for a week or so. Hopefully, they'll bring it back next year!

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:49 pm

kelvinwong wrote:I hope they come out with more lines for dorbz! :)

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get some new ones soon on the shop
It doesn't matter the amount you have or length you collected, but that you're happy with what you own

Current Goal: Get The Three Caballeros created as Pops, Dorbz or Vynl

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:33 pm

I prefer psh over dorbz. Even though both look like the same design. lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:40 am

Greymom wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

I'd overheard a group of guys complaining about that. Apparently, they practiced downing corn for a week or so. Hopefully, they'll bring it back next year!

im going to start practicing for next year too! ahahha lets hope! :freddy4:
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:41 am

Optimistic wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:I hope they come out with more lines for dorbz! :)

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get some new ones soon on the shop

HEEEE i hope so too! DORBZ 4EVA!
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:51 am

k05cube wrote:I prefer psh over dorbz. Even though both look like the same design. lol

Dorbz > PSH :freddy4: :freddy4: :freddy4:
ImageImageImageImage

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:46 am

kelvinwong wrote:
k05cube wrote:I prefer psh over dorbz. Even though both look like the same design. lol

Dorbz > PSH :freddy4: :freddy4: :freddy4:

Dorbz too big lah lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!

Return to “Dorbz”