Are Dorbz done???

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
Hauckbuster007

Re: Are Dorbz done???

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:59 pm

PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:But it wouldn’t be toooo many. LOL

That's true, the light at the end of the tunnel is visible with Dorbz protos. Gotta catch em all! Let me know if I can help ya Papa

I appreciate it. I will see...

Is there any particular dorbz protos that you are looking for that I can keep an eye out for you ?
Hulk Smash!
Member: KY Funko League of Awesomeness
IG: @HauckBuster007
IG: @SuperFunkoBros
Favorite Character: Incredible Hulk

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:05 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:That's definitely not true. If you take a look at his office he's got a very large Dorbz collection and even had custom Misers made specifically for him. He's come out many times and said Dorbz were his favorite line, but he has always been a Pez head so it does not surprise me that they are still rolling out Pez. Money talks and I'm sure Dorbz weren't pulling enough weight.

I remember when he said that it was his favorite line there were high hopes it could become as big as Pop did, which unfortunately didn't happen. What's hard to see with Brian is he usually loves getting his very specific characters he's into as figures for all the lines then really just coasts on the rest, so making custom Misers might be more for his love of the Misers then Dorbz. It's also possible he was really into Dorbz then but lost interest in them, that seems more likely to me. I very much understand money talks, but I have a hard time believing with the company making hundreds of millions more per quarter then when Dorbz were at their prime that there's any issue making the really simplistic molds for a couple thousand and selling a few once every few months, especially when the Pez make less profit with a more limited run/more complex head mold and the company spends an insane amount of money on life size figures that aren't even used for the retail stores among other things which are a pure loss

mongoose12 wrote:Brett, you're making alot of sense. Sometimes it isn't about what you love but what boils down to a business decision.

Honestly, if it's solely that to the point they won't make anything they like in even a limited quantity I don't think Funko is Funko anymore
It doesn't matter the amount you have or length you collected, but that you're happy with what you own

Current Goal: Get The Three Caballeros created as Pops and Funko Soda

Getting there, we got Caballeros Loungefly for 2020!

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:22 am

Hauckbuster007 wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
That's true, the light at the end of the tunnel is visible with Dorbz protos. Gotta catch em all! Let me know if I can help ya Papa

I appreciate it. I will see...

Is there any particular dorbz protos that you are looking for that I can keep an eye out for you ?

The more I think about it, I think before I go whole hog for all the Fallout Dorbz protos, I want to try and do what I originally wanted to do and get a Fallout proto from each of the release lines. I just need a keychain and a Vynl...oh and a 5 Star, but I've never seen a proto for any of those. Thanks man...you are to blame for my proto habit. LOL
ImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY - Admin for The Kentucky Funko League of Awesomeness
Proto wants: Fallout keychains and Vynls, Dr. Doom (Pops or Minis)

Shuttlzworth

Postby Shuttlzworth » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:10 pm

One of my favorite dorbz
Image Image Image

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:44 pm

I hope Dorbz aren't going away. Nice balance of cute and simplicity but I think it makes them a bit more creative with the end results. Hope we see some this year.

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:46 pm

Optimistic wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:That's definitely not true. If you take a look at his office he's got a very large Dorbz collection and even had custom Misers made specifically for him. He's come out many times and said Dorbz were his favorite line, but he has always been a Pez head so it does not surprise me that they are still rolling out Pez. Money talks and I'm sure Dorbz weren't pulling enough weight.

I remember when he said that it was his favorite line there were high hopes it could become as big as Pop did, which unfortunately didn't happen. What's hard to see with Brian is he usually loves getting his very specific characters he's into as figures for all the lines then really just coasts on the rest, so making custom Misers might be more for his love of the Misers then Dorbz. It's also possible he was really into Dorbz then but lost interest in them, that seems more likely to me. I very much understand money talks, but I have a hard time believing with the company making hundreds of millions more per quarter then when Dorbz were at their prime that there's any issue making the really simplistic molds for a couple thousand and selling a few once every few months, especially when the Pez make less profit with a more limited run/more complex head mold and the company spends an insane amount of money on life size figures that aren't even used for the retail stores among other things which are a pure loss

mongoose12 wrote:Brett, you're making alot of sense. Sometimes it isn't about what you love but what boils down to a business decision.

Honestly, if it's solely that to the point they won't make anything they like in even a limited quantity I don't think Funko is Funko anymore

I agree with this 100%
Midget Wrangl3r

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:47 pm

PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:I appreciate it. I will see...

The more I think about it, I think before I go whole hog for all the Fallout Dorbz protos, I want to try and do what I originally wanted to do and get a Fallout proto from each of the release lines. I just need a keychain and a Vynl...oh and a 5 Star, but I've never seen a proto for any of those. Thanks man...you are to blame for my proto habit. LOL

Many have said Haucks to blame
Midget Wrangl3r

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:55 pm

I think we all keep talking about it... sad, but they are gone....

In my opinion anyway.

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:42 pm

BRiley0216 wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:

He really is...he gave me my first proto. It's like the first hit from a dealer to get you hooked.
ImageImageImageImage

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:00 am

PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
BRiley0216 wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:The more I think about it, I think before I go whole hog for all the Fallout Dorbz protos, I want to try and do what I originally wanted to do and get a Fallout proto from each of the release lines. I just need a keychain and a Vynl...oh and a 5 Star, but I've never seen a proto for any of those. Thanks man...you are to blame for my proto habit. LOL

He really is...he gave me my first proto. It's like the first hit from a dealer to get you hooked.

Lol hes an enabler
Midget Wrangl3r

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:48 am

BRiley0216 wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
BRiley0216 wrote:Many have said Haucks to blame

Lol hes an enabler

You misspelled "dealer". LOL
ImageImageImageImage

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:54 am

PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
BRiley0216 wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:He really is...he gave me my first proto. It's like the first hit from a dealer to get you hooked.

Lol hes an enabler

You misspelled "dealer". LOL

Lol
Midget Wrangl3r

RogueViolet

Postby RogueViolet » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:00 pm

I absolutely love Dorbz. My master bath is decorated with Bob's Burgers stuff. I had an extra Linda Dorbz so I put her in there and she's just so freaking cute. I have the full Bobs Burgers Dorbz set, Golden Girls, and then other random ones. One of my favorites is Goofy - not only adorable but a good friend of mine gave him to me. :)
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:22 pm

Funko definitely seems to have cut back on Dorbz. Hopefully they don't go away permanently.

Jon319jon

Postby Jon319jon » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:36 pm

I think funko should really pick and choose which dorbz to make...which sucks because I love them

popoy

Postby popoy » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:31 pm

I don't see any Dorbz announcement in a while. :(
Popoy
Attending :fdo92:
Pop Count: 135
Collects My Hero Academia, Stranger Things, Rick and Morty, Futurama, and sets that I like

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:32 pm

bakivali wrote:Funko definitely seems to have cut back on Dorbz. Hopefully they don't go away permanently.

Hope not, I really love dorbz. They should just make them limited to 500-1000, but I doubt they will do that since Dorbz probably doesn't make them money.
ImageImage ImageImage

IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 1,500+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Metallic Dumbo SDCC

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:38 pm

Sucks. I wish they would do the entire Ad Icon line and then maybe call it quits.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:28 am

Funko decides they are likely killing off Dorbz, and since then all their cons have been cancelled

The curse is real, bring back Dorbz
It doesn't matter the amount you have or length you collected, but that you're happy with what you own

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:52 am

Optimistic wrote:Funko decides they are likely killing off Dorbz, and since then all their cons have been cancelled

Damn....that’s the Hawkeye curse ain’t it?

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:06 am

Optimistic wrote:Funko decides they are likely killing off Dorbz, and since then all their cons have been cancelled

BRING EM' BACK! :bounce: Hi Brian! :D :bounce:
Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:02 pm

LatinFunko wrote:

YES!! BRING THEM BACK!! :hello1:
ImageImage ImageImage

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:04 pm

Karubin wrote:
LatinFunko wrote:

Brian moved on to Soda Vynals. He really likes the designs and Sodas are looking like a hit to us too. I dint think dorbz are co.ing back. :(
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... 17L3C8RVU/

ImageImageImage

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:52 pm

wash2366 wrote:
Karubin wrote:
LatinFunko wrote:

Brian moved on to Soda Vynals. He really likes the designs and Sodas are looking like a hit to us too. I dint think dorbz are co.ing back. :(

I want both! lol There’s money to be made! :)
Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:14 pm

LatinFunko wrote:
wash2366 wrote:
Karubin wrote:

Yeah I am thinking these might be the replacement for dorbz. I would be totally fine with that, if that were the case.
Collecting since 2014
ImageImage Image
ImageImage Image Image

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:06 am

It seems like funko is making only a few a year now. Not dead but definitely slowed down a lot.
Southern Cali! 1000+ funko items. Collector since 2014. First pop was ghost rider. Social media freddy holder. Funko pop up shop 2017. Gold toty mini freddy. Funko Hollywood grand opening 1st wave.

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:57 am

nascar246788 wrote:
LatinFunko wrote:
wash2366 wrote:

Yeah I am thinking these might be the replacement for dorbz. I would be totally fine with that, if that were the case.

I'm not too into the Soda and would prefer the Dorbz. I know Brian said he loves the Soda, so it is the new line that Funko is pushing hard on.
ImageImage ImageImage

ladybugwobblepop

Postby ladybugwobblepop » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:07 am

Not too much discussion about them anymore. We have several. Always thought they were cute.
Ladybugwobblepop :D

tehlilone

Postby tehlilone » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:44 pm

Karubin wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
LatinFunko wrote:

I'm not too into the Soda and would prefer the Dorbz. I know Brian said he loves the Soda, so it is the new line that Funko is pushing hard on.

I'm not really digging the Soda designs honestly. I felt the same way about the Vynl, Rock Candy and 5 Star designs. I love Dorbz :(

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:50 am

tehlilone wrote:
Karubin wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I'm not really digging the Soda designs honestly. I felt the same way about the Vynl, Rock Candy and 5 Star designs. I love Dorbz :(

I like the sodas. I am with you on rock candy and 5 star designs. I never got into any of those lines.
Collecting since 2014
ImageImage Image
ImageImage Image Image

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:47 pm

wash2366 wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't know if he has shown as much interest in Sodas as he did Dorbz and especially Pez. It's hard to say but I haven't seen gushing over them outside of the characters he loves yet.

Either way love that line and it won't be the same but it's selling well and will serve to fill some of that hole

Return to “Dorbz”