Do they still make Dorbz?

They're tiny and cute. How can you resist?
CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Re: Do they still make Dorbz?

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:35 pm

mikem wrote:Seems like soda is doing better than Dorbz did

I’d say they are similar and that Funko learned a lot from Dorbz. They are numbered (lots of the later Dorbz were LE 3,000) and almost every one has a Chase. I will say there are still exclusive Sodas available on the Shop that were limited to 5,000 so I wouldn’t say Soda is completely killing it.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:19 pm

Gothamite wrote:Which still means that limited editions don't actually sell out that quickly. After all, somebody still has them in stock.

Funko sold it to them though and it's off their hands so they don't care, and they take anything really that Funko gives at that price because they wouldn't break the sweet deal they have with Pops. As long as their shop stock sells out online during the con (which every single thing does so it would) then they would make their full profit. There's no reason not to
It doesn't matter the amount you have or length you collected, but that you're happy with what you own

Current Goal: Get The Three Caballeros created as Pops and Funko Soda

Getting there, we got Caballeros Loungefly for 2020!

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:17 am

Optimistic wrote:
Gothamite wrote:Which still means that limited editions don't actually sell out that quickly. After all, somebody still has them in stock.

Funko sold it to them though and it's off their hands so they don't care, and they take anything really that Funko gives at that price because they wouldn't break the sweet deal they have with Pops. As long as their shop stock sells out online during the con (which every single thing does so it would) then they would make their full profit. There's no reason not to

That has nothing to do with the fact that as long as one retailer has something in stock (even if it's Gemini), an item hasn't "sold out". Please read posts carefully before responding.

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:14 am

Gothamite wrote:That has nothing to do with the fact that as long as one retailer has something in stock (even if it's Gemini), an item hasn't "sold out". Please read posts carefully before responding.

As far as Funko corporate is concerned if another retailer bought it they sold it and it's now their concern. That's the same with retail exclusives, they sell the certain amount to the retailer and the retailer does what they want with it.

Doesn't matter to Funko if the other retailer still has it in stock, once it's off their hands all they care about is if their stock at the actual cons and on the Funko Shop sells. And neither neglects the point that they would sell out on the shop and would make it worth throwing a bone to the diehards
It doesn't matter the amount you have or length you collected, but that you're happy with what you own

Current Goal: Get The Three Caballeros created as Pops and Funko Soda

Getting there, we got Caballeros Loungefly for 2020!

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:44 pm

Optimistic wrote:
Gothamite wrote:That has nothing to do with the fact that as long as one retailer has something in stock (even if it's Gemini), an item hasn't "sold out". Please read posts carefully before responding.

As far as Funko corporate is concerned if another retailer bought it they sold it and it's now their concern. That's the same with retail exclusives, they sell the certain amount to the retailer and the retailer does what they want with it.

Doesn't matter to Funko if the other retailer still has it in stock, once it's off their hands all they care about is if their stock at the actual cons and on the Funko Shop sells. And neither neglects the point that they would sell out on the shop and would make it worth throwing a bone to the diehards

And again, items don't always sell out on FunkoShop.

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:59 pm

My local ThinkGeek just put these on display:

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:27 am

Gothamite wrote:My local ThinkGeek just put these on display:

This is good to know. I haven't checked my local think geek in awhile so I might have to swing by to finish off that Jetson set. :freddy3:
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Dorbz”