How about...G.I. Joe as Mystery Minis?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
CyberSteak

How about...G.I. Joe as Mystery Minis?

Postby CyberSteak » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:49 pm

That...would be amazing if it ever came to be. And I'd be finding myself spending a WHOLE lotta money with Funco. What are the chances. They've clearly snagged some impressive licenses. So it wouldn't be too much of a stretch. Have they released anything in any other line that's Joe related?

HNutz

Re: How about...G.I. Joe as Mystery Minis?

Postby HNutz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:12 am

I'd LOVE a G.I.JOE line!

(As long as it's based on the classic cartoon)

Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Flint, Duke, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Zartan, Alpine, Bazooka, Scarlett, Lady Jaye, Stalker, Major Bludd... aw, there's TONS of possibilities!
Looking for Mal & Rocketeer (and a few random others). The gf wants to trade Ponies.

This is what I have :

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:25 am

HNutz wrote:I'd LOVE a G.I.JOE line!

(As long as it's based on the classic cartoon)

Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Flint, Duke, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Zartan, Alpine, Bazooka, Scarlett, Lady Jaye, Stalker, Major Bludd... aw, there's TONS of possibilities!

*gasp* Firefly. YOU MISSED FIREFLY!!! But yeah agreed. The classic cartoon in mystery minis would be amazing and and near endless source to pull from. Having a little Cobra Commander and then army building a bunch of soldiers for him? That'd be awesome!

sylin

Postby sylin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:06 pm

To be completely honest, I'd rather...they didn't.

Hasbro and The Loyal Subjects already came out with mystery vinyl figures for GI Joe, and they covered a lot of the major characters already. I'd rather see Funko use new properties that haven't been used rather than ones that have been by other companies, especially more than once.

gogman

Postby gogman » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:29 pm

I'd love to see GI Joe minis it would be amazing.

Chances are though we won't as The Loyal Subjects have a licence for vinyl minis already.

If you're listening though Funko there's no such thing as too many Joe minis!

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Classic GI Joe would be cool. Licenses do not last forever but, maybe thats why no GI Joe Pop yet. imagine GI Joe Pop Rides. I say its only a matter of time.
Dorian Arloe

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:21 pm

sylin wrote:To be completely honest, I'd rather...they didn't.

Hasbro and The Loyal Subjects already came out with mystery vinyl figures for GI Joe, and they covered a lot of the major characters already. I'd rather see Funko use new properties that haven't been used rather than ones that have been by other companies, especially more than once.

Are you talking about those Micro Force figures? Those were garbage. Funko could do the license justice.

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:27 pm

Not for me, but I am sure it would be a successful line.

I am actually pretty impressed at how many difference licenses Funko has managed to use! This last year especially has been amazing- and I've seen Funkos everywhere I look! I'm so glad they are doing so well :D

sylin

Postby sylin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:26 pm

CyberSteak wrote:

Are you talking about those Micro Force figures? Those were garbage. Funko could do the license justice.

I didn't mind them, but still.

I'd just like to see more variety and not see several companies just tackling the same licenses over and over. I love that Funko's been obtaining retro and niche stuff along with others that have never had figures done before (such as for live action shows like Supernatural and The Big Bang Theory), and seeing those in major retailers.

Regardless, agree to disagree on this one?

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:15 am

I here what your saying. It's nice to cover all sorts of licenses. BUT...it doesn't mean we should give up on the license being covered right. I'm a HUGE fan of 80's GI Joe. They were my main toys growing up. Would love to see that license get the Funko treatment.

HNutz

Postby HNutz » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:59 pm

CyberSteak wrote:

This.

I hear what y'all are saying, you want to see a variety of properties represented and not the same ones over and over again. But they should be done well. The Micro Force figures weren't, IMO.

I'd love to see Funko give them a shot and do the franchise right, before moving on to something else, like video game heroes or action movies.
Looking for Mal & Rocketeer (and a few random others). The gf wants to trade Ponies.

This is what I have :

LION0371

Postby LION0371 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:06 pm

I would love these as well as... 1980 Transformers Mystery Minis. :eek:
I would like them to be Non- Bobble. [-(
I like the SC-Fi and TWD minis style of minis, would love to see Joes & Transformers done this way. :D
Image ImageImage

IG: lion0ne

HNutz

Postby HNutz » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:36 pm

LION0371 wrote:I would love these as well as... 1980 Transformers Mystery Minis. :eek:
I like the SC-Fi and TWD minis style of minis, would love to see Joes & Transformers done this way. :D

Yeah, I don't like the bobbleheads either.

This is what I have :

jgordini

Postby jgordini » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:33 am

Only if the customizers got together and made a line of custom GI Joe POP figures. That would be really cool.
Hi! I'm Jim
IG of my customs: jgordini
Most desired all White Protos:Uncle Si Wacky Wobbler, Uncle Si POP! & Jase POP!

zoomfactor32

Postby zoomfactor32 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:06 pm

LION0371 wrote:I would love these as well as... 1980 Transformers Mystery Minis. :eek:

Great idea! I would be on board with GI Joe and Transformers done in the same style as Sci-Fi and TWD minis. Classic Joes would be awesome.

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:52 pm

zoomfactor32 wrote:

Great idea! I would be on board with GI Joe and Transformers done in the same style as Sci-Fi and TWD minis. Classic Joes would be awesome.

Pupils. They characters need pupils. That's the one big issue I have with those Walking Dead minis...they have no pupils. If I ever bought them, I'd likely break out a sharpie and alter every one.

Joes...need...pupils.

LION0371

Postby LION0371 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:21 pm

CyberSteak wrote:
zoomfactor32 wrote:

Pupils. They characters need pupils. That's the one big issue I have with those Walking Dead minis...they have no pupils. If I ever bought them, I'd likely break out a sharpie and alter every one.

Joes...need...pupils.

Ha ha ha. I have graffiti background in my blood.
I use to draw characters that kind of resembled the TWD/SCI-FI minis with no pupils.
That is why I like that style of Funko mini. Reminds me of 3D graffiti art brought to life. :D
Image ImageImage

IG: lion0ne

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:15 pm

I love the idea of G.I. Joe Mystery Minis, or, I wouldn't mind a Mystery Mini mix of Eighties cartoons characters like Sci-Fi and Horror from the likes of He-Man, G.I. Joe, Transformers, The Raccoons, Thundercats, Fraggle Rock, Snorks, Inspector Gadget, Care Bears, Smurfs, well you get the idea.........
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

Return to “Blind Bags”